Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Urinate or vomit to deter rapists." Do not pack heat!

parmenio

DeliciousCollege women told to urinate or vomit to deter a rapist By Lateef Mungin, CNN

updated 5:26 PM EST, Wed February 20, 2013 The list was billed as last resort to deter rape.

Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin criticized the list
The university took the list down and apologized

(CNN) -- A Colorado school has caused a stir with an advisory that suggested women could urinate or vomit to deter a rape.

The list of 10 tips by the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs was billed as "last resort" options to deter a sexual assault.

"Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating," read one tip.

"Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone," read another.

By Tuesday night, the list was taken down and replaced by an explanation and an apology. But it was too late.

The backlash had hit the Internet, and a hashtag on Twitter was created.

Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin was one of many who criticized the eyebrow-raising list using the hashtag #UCCSTips.

"New #UCCSTips for women: If vomiting or urinating doesn't deter your attacker, try passing gas," Malkin tweeted.

"#UCCSTips or if all else fails, ask attacker to pull your finger!" Jason Griggs tweeted.

Police: Man raped woman he met on Christian dating website

Some women on the Colorado campus said they were confused by the list.

"Tell your attacker you have a disease or menstruating? I don't understand how that will keep someone from attacking you," student Leah McFann told CNN affiliate KRDO.

Some on campus also wondered why the list did not emphasize more conventional ways of fighting back.

Tom Hutton, a spokesman for the university, said the list had been taken out of context.

"It was part of supplemental information intended for women who had completed a self-defense class on campus," Hutton told KRDO.

Gang rape victim fights back for girls' education

Hutton said the list was created in 2006 but may have resurfaced because the issue of rape on campus had been in the news recently in Colorado.

Last week, Colorado lawmakers debated legislation that would ban firearms in college campus buildings. The debate made headlines after Democratic State Rep. Joe Salazar made controversial statements about ways to protect women on campuses.

"Because you just don't know who you are going to be shooting at," Salazar said last week. "If you feel like you're going to be raped or if you feel like someone's been following you around or if you feel like you're in trouble and when you may actually not be -- that you pop out that gun and you pop-pop a round at somebody. And you might have just made a mistake."

Salazar later apologized for the comment.

What do you think folks? What if you just had a wee wee break then got attacked?  Then what?  

These liberal marxists nut cases are so out of reality we should give them a state for them to go live in and leave the rest of us the hell alone!

• Upvote 7

This is outrages, their idiotic way of thinking is ridiculous.  And these are the people running this nation.  Democratic State Representative Joe Salazar, if he has a wife and daughter I really feel sorry for them.  Yep, I would feel real safe with that kinda of thinking. (saying this sarcastically).  I believe any woman put in a situation like this would already be doing what they suggest, that's a given.  :angry:   :mad:  :angry:  :mad:  :angry: 

I just shake my head in disgust. 

• Upvote 2

This is outrages, their idiotic way of thinking is ridiculous.  And these are the people running this nation.  Democratic State Representative Joe Salazar, if he has a wife and daughter I really feel sorry for them.  Yep, I would feel real safe with that kinda of thinking. (saying this sarcastically).  I believe any woman put in a situation like this would already be doing what they suggest, that's a given.  :angry:   :mad:  :angry:  :mad:  :angry: 

I just shake my head in disgust. 

Totally agreed

I prefer my wife gives them LEAD poisoning. The thought pattern these idiots use is hard for me to wrap my head around. They make it sound that a "animal" capable of something so terrible would be open for conversation or "OTHER" stupid suggestions. Never back down, no surrender, no compromise, fight fire with fire....

• Upvote 1

More liberal cowards spewing garbage. These people are absolutely despicable...

That will require a state the size of Texas........yes, Texas will do.   :P 

GO RV, then BV

There is already too many here now shabs. But what the hell, a few more wont hurt. We can always issue more tags on our hunting licenses. Ha

• Upvote 2

More liberal cowards spewing garbage. These people are absolutely despicable...

There is already too many here now shabs. But what the hell, a few more wont hurt. We can always issue more tags on our hunting licenses. Ha

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Texans were hunting liberals.........A man's gotta eat.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

I wish the "powers that be" would issue more Likes......I'm out.   :confused2: 

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

Yes These Left wing idiots in the US White House are so far out of touch with the normal life of people it sickning. Well i guess ladies if ya want a long range deterant, Get a straw for long range Piss throught it and scream stop at the same time. Fricking liberal MORONS.

That will require a state the size of Texas........yes, Texas will do.   :P 

GO RV, then BV

We have too many here already!!!  Austin has become unrecognizable!!!!  My worry about all these liberals moving here is that they will end up making this great state just like the one they left!!!

• Upvote 3

I've noticed our marxist liberal friends haven't posted yet. Can we hear from you, please! Got an opinion?

Although I'm not a marxist or a liberal, I'll assume you're talking about me.  I like to think of myself as a free thinker, not one stuck in a tiny little box.  As to your post.......I say whatever a woman has to do to protect herself from a rapist is acceptable.  And should the dirt bag luck out and live long enough to stand in front of the judge.......Life in prison would be the MINIMUM sentence. 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1