Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New driving law be careful.

VIZIOIRAQI

Heads UP - If you are not aware of this relatively new driving law be careful. Officers are very serious.

This is a forwarded message worth reading. Check the Snopes description on the bottom and beware!!

READING THIS ONE MIGHT SAVE YOU SOME MONEY!!!

Check each state on the map and it will tell you what the law is and the fine

THE FINES CAN REACH UP TO

$1050.00 AND YOU AUTOMATICALLY LOSE YOUR LICENSE FOR A YEAR--SO TELL YOUR KIDS AND EVERY ONE YOU KNOW WHO DRIVES

NEW DRIVING LAW =ALL STATES (Very Important!)

While driving across Arizona a few weeks ago, I observed an Arizona Highway patrolman parked on the side of the freeway with his lights flashing for no apparent reason. I soon reasoned that he was probably waiting for some unsuspecting soul to violate the new law. Beware my friend.

From the size of that fine it seems like it would be best to slow down to 20 MPH under the speed limit AND move over.

I was aware of the move over to outer lane and knew to slow down, but I didn't know about the 20 mph under speed limit. Thought maybe this might be good information to pass on.

Someone added: This happened to my aunt on the four lane right outside of Dyersburg , TN a few months ago. Her ticket was over $300 and it cost her three points on her license, too. A state trooper and a county cop had someone else pulled over. She slowed down and moved over a little, but not all the way into the other lane. The trooper wasn't understanding at all. Mom was with her and she didn't know about the law either.

NEW TRAFFIC LAW - 2010 If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) OR slow down to at least 20 mph under the posted speed limit. Every state and Maryland and the D.C. has this law. In Hawaii , the Move-over law became effective on July 10, 2012. In California , the Move-over law became operative on January 1, 2010. A friend's son got a ticket for this recently. A police car (turned out it was two police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else. He slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket. He had never heard of the law. It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move into the far lane. The cost of the ticket was $754, with three points on his license and a mandatory court appearance. Please let every-one you know who drives about this new law. It is true (see details at the following web addresses).This same law applies to tow trucks and medical emergency vehicles like ambulances on the side of the road.

http://www.moveoveramerica.com/ http://www.snopes.co...ic/moveover.asp

• Upvote 7

***///

Yes, here in Florida it's been a real thing for some time.

And not just cops, but also when other entities are present:

Road crews, tow trucks, and those guys (we forget what they are called)

that help stranded motorists with gas, tire changing, etc.

Suffice to say:

anything stopped on the side of the road should be given as wide a berth

as possible and SLOW WAY DOWN!

The More You Know ;)

• Upvote 1

Crazy, you know what..... with all the "LAWS" we need to follow and all the new ones that are introduced......we should (here in the USA) get a yearly book :rulez: with all the Laws in it, so that we can be informed and up to date on all NEW and REVISED laws..... How am i supposed to know i have to change lanes and or slow down 20 under the speed limit.... HAHA no one told me...... until now officer!! :huh::huh:

Just MY TAKE on things.....

GO RV .......... hurRV

All governments are needing cash and the only way to get it is to do things like this. An officer is not out there for safety. They have become a cash cow for the government. I know because I have to deal with it every day. Standard answer is " I don't make the law, I just enforce it". And ignorance of the law is no excuse. This way they don't have to raise taxes.

we should (here in the USA) get a yearly book with all the Laws in it, so that we can be informed and up to date on all NEW and REVISED laws.....

It may take most of the year to read it.

• Upvote 1

***///

Right-o JMCC....

there's a small town on the immediate vicinity of the

Florida State Prison (Starke) which has made a veritable

killing in collecting from unsuspecting motorists.

As you sail into town, just over that little bridge...... :o

Burgs like this are all over the place..... 'specially in The South.

(conjure images of "My Cousin Vinnie"...!) :lol:

a revenue-generating unsuspecting public whose complete

'ignorance of the law' is no excuse is a real little money-maker....

Better even than having a stripper in the family! :P

the law is to keep people on the side of the road from getting KILLED by cars going to fast and not paying good attention to what is in front of them! Next time you have a flat tire on the drivers side, remember this law as those people speed by you!

• Upvote 1

the law is to keep people on the side of the road from getting KILLED by cars going to fast and not paying good attention to what is in front of them! Next time you have a flat tire on the drivers side, remember this law as those people speed by you!

***///

Right you are KJ... and we couldn't agree more!

It's never a good thing to hear about a death roadside of someone

doing the right thing.

It's happened far too often.

We watch a show about the tow truck drivers on a stretch of

Kalifornia highway where the Donner Party made history.

They lost a tow truck driver on that show.

Please be cognisant of those in peril!

All I can say to this is to many folks come WAY TO DAMN close to me on stops and It would cost you way more then 1050 if I get frigging hit on a stop. My buddy lost his leg last year to a stupid driver.

So I guess I will ask you up front to at least give us a lane and attempt to slow down at least control your vehicle. <_<

• Upvote 1

All governments are needing cash and the only way to get it is to do things like this. An officer is not out there for safety. They have become a cash cow for the government. I know because I have to deal with it every day. Standard answer is " I don't make the law, I just enforce it". And ignorance of the law is no excuse. This way they don't have to raise taxes.

I'm going to call BS on this one. Traffic where I'm from is about 10% of what we do. You tell the 1000s of domestic violence callers who are being beaten up that when we show up to protect them. We don't like the government any more then you do. And any money they see from traffic does not come back to us.

But what do your comments have to due with this particular thread other then to bash all cops. Not sure what you do that you have to deal with it EVERY day and calling cops ignorant to promote your post just kinda hit me Wrong. Maybe you should take a day and stand on the shoulder of a Hi-way near you and think about your comment. <_<

nuff said I feel better now.

• Upvote 2

However this LAW is basically when a police car is on the side of the road with his lights on...nothing about an everyday person changing a flat tire.... but i do get where you are coming from...

Exactly. If these buzzards who don't look ahead when they drive can't see, then we all pay with new laws. It all goes to the lowest common denominator.

And I got a C in algebra.

Thanks, Wayne. Check out all the UTUBE crashes caught on police video when idiots hit cars in the shoulder.