Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HOW MANY BUSINESSES HAVE ANNOUNCED CLOSINGS OR LAY-OFFS SINCE OBAMA WON A SECOND TERM?

TexasGranny

Hi Caz smile.gif I really don't have the energy for an all night debate on this...

I'd just like to point out that I have realized with "hindsight" that I am where I am now because of personal decisions that I made for myself...

had I anticipated what was ahead I certainly would have made different choices... that was my responsibilty to anticipate and adjust accordingly...

be it Bush or Obama... I have made my own decisions that have gotten me to where I am now... all along I had choices, and I still do.

Peace

On a personal level......true dat. On a business level.................not entirely true-peace

On a personal level......true dat. On a business level.................not entirely true-peace

Thank You Caz smile.gif I did mean it on a personal/business level though... Peace

Mojack/Simple has been banned... Tarsi has been banned also... Maybe there will be less debate now... Peace

Caz smile.gif I Do Like You

Maggie

• Upvote 1

Yes Broke, and as Sarge's gals have suggested... this is in line with the premise of Atlas Shrugged (also as Francie26 has recognized), that when the "Producers" of the country "go on strike" or out-of-business, it will be the clueless "takers" of society begging for them to return... and further, the arrogant government "demanding" them to return... demanding their cooperation... demanding their experience and expertise for the "greater good" of society... "at the point of a gun"... All too late. The Producers recognize this erosion... and have already started their respective countdowns to closing their doors.

Who is John Galt? For all those that recognize this.... this question/phrase sums it all up!

Indeed, sounds like:

Problem, Reaction, Solution....the Hegelian Dialectic.

1) The government creates or exploits a problem, false flag op, or other crisis with great planning and projection of the outcome, blaming it on others.

2) The people react as the gov't know they would, by asking the government for help-- willing to give up their rights

3) The government offers the solution that was planned long before the crisis, in turn, giving them

Exactly what they planned for, more power.

• Upvote 1

Enough already! Quit complaining!!! Obama was re-elected get over yourself.

If Romney would have been elected do you really think he would have been able to turn things around in 4 years?

Obama / Romney…. The government is corrupts no matter who is running it!! Romney just has more business savvy to run it into the grown on a more scandalous base.

For you folk who call yourself Christians where is your faith in God!!! So what Obama made it back in office? He is not the end all….The bible says” If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” The people put him back in office so they made their choice.

For those who are losing their businesses and jobs. Pick yourself up revamp come up with a new plan and LIVE… Gracious you all sound like victims and you’re not.

I’m making a point for future reference not to read postings on this topic because all you people do is moan and complain...

How sad is that!

PS: Good luck with your moaning and complaining 

Go RV!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Enough already! Quit complaining!!! Obama was re-elected get over yourself.

If Romney would have been elected do you really think he would have been able to turn things around in 4 years?

Obama / Romney…. The government is corrupts no matter who is running it!! Romney just has more business savvy to run it into the grown on a more scandalous base.

For you folk who call yourself Christians where is your faith in God!!! So what Obama made it back in office? He is not the end all….The bible says” If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” The people put him back in office so they made their choice.

For those who are losing their businesses and jobs. Pick yourself up revamp come up with a new plan and LIVE… Gracious you all sound like victims and you’re not.

I’m making a point for future reference not to read postings on this topic because all you people do is moan and complain...

How sad is that!

PS: Good luck with your moaning and complaining 

Go RV!!!

I will tell the 31 people we may have to let go to give you a call so you can tell them to come up with a new plan and live. Some of them are in their early 60's and I am sure they will be glad to listen to whatever advise you have for them to seek employment or a new avenue of making a living at their age. Your quote from the Bible is accurate, but it says "if they turn from their wicked ways." Many in our nation are not only refusing to turn from their wicked ways, they are turning from God, altogether. He will not heal our land without the humbling and repentance.

• Upvote 4

I don’t have the answer to the problems but moaning and groaning on this site is not going to get the 31 people you had to let go their jobs back… Did your company really do everything in its power to keep those people???? Maybe upper management could take a pay cut if not already done. (Just saying)

"Many in our nation are not only refusing to turn from their wicked ways, they are turning from God, altogether. He will not heal our land without the humbling and repentance.” What about those who are willing to pray until things change???? This is a spiritual war and we cannot fight it with natural weapons (politics, media, agreements, etc.) The weapons of our warfare are not according to the flesh, but of the power of God, and by it we subdue rebellious fortresses.

I’m not trying to be rude! It’s sickening how everyone is acting as thought Obama (himself) is calling all the shots when we know that is not true. I’ve NEVER heard anyone hate on a president like this before…

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don’t have the answer to the problems but moaning and groaning on this site is not going to get the 31 people you had to let go their jobs back… Did your company really do everything in its power to keep those people???? Maybe upper management could take a pay cut if not already done. (Just saying)

"Many in our nation are not only refusing to turn from their wicked ways, they are turning from God, altogether. He will not heal our land without the humbling and repentance.” What about those who are willing to pray until things change???? This is a spiritual war and we cannot fight it with natural weapons (politics, media, agreements, etc.) The weapons of our warfare are not according to the flesh, but of the power of God, and by it we subdue rebellious fortresses.

I’m not trying to be rude! It’s sickening how everyone is acting as thought Obama (himself) is calling all the shots when we know that is not true. I’ve NEVER heard anyone hate on a president like this before…

Well Snazzy, maybe this is a place where people who are hurting come together to vent a little. We cannot say anything at work, because it is hard enough as it is if you are having to close your doors or lose your job. We cannot talk to some of our family, because many of them do not understand if they are not business owners. I guess I thought I was sharing with people here who would have a little understanding, but it is apparant that some people would rather rant about us sharing our concerns and tell us to get a life,

As far as upper management taking a pay cut...I really would like to lay on the floor laughing. Due to the economy of the last four years, my husband and I (the upper management) have taken a pay cut of 75 percent. That has had to happen just to pay the bills. Our income is well below poverty level, and every employee that works here makes more money than we do. On the other hand they all know how much we care for them, and have sacrificed for them to be able to keep their jobs. We are a family.

I do agree it is spiritual warfare and this nation needs our prayers. Believe me I do that many times a day. It is only prayers that is keeping us going at this point. People who tell you just to move on evidently have not put 30 years into a business, only to lose everything in a few short years. Before you offer advice on how we should react when our backs are put to the wall, I challenge you to walk in our shoes for a few months. I care way too much for the people I employ just to take the attitude of "just move on with your life". I am not sure how much of a Christian I would be if I did not care for them enough to be dismayed for what I may have to do to them. I have many sleepless nights praying for guidance in any way possible to not have to close our doors.

• Upvote 4

Thank You Caz smile.gif I did mean it on a personal/business level though.

Mojack/Simple has been banned... Tarsi has been banned also... Maybe there will be less debate now.

I was reading back through and kicked myself for not saying that I know Simple and Tarsi ARE two different people.

Simple told me in an email... They are good friends and of course that is why their opinions were a lot the same.

They both brought in healthy debate to this site, something we were in real need of. IMHO

I just wanted to clearify for anyone wondering if they were the same person... Simple is an honest man and I believe him.

Salute' Simple and Tarsi, I miss you guys already. tip_hat.gif Best Wishes To BOTH Of You.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Your Welcome Umbertino

I don't want to break the rules here, but I did want to clear up any confusion.

I didn't even think about others not knowing they are banned, I hope that is not rulebreaking by letting that out.

Sheesh It's hard sometimes to stay within the boundries... well actually it's always difficult for me... I've always been a non-conformist. rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your Welcome Umbertino

I don't want to break the rules here, but I did want to clear up any confusion.

I didn't even think about others not knowing they are banned, I hope that is not rulebreaking by letting that out.

Sheesh It's hard sometimes to stay within the boundries... well actually it's always difficult for me... I've always been a non-conformist. rolleyes.gif

Maggie.. You didn't say anything wrong... With so many small or big events going on it's sometimes difficult (at least for me ) to stay updated on everything all the time.....

I had missed the fact they had gotten banned. Sorry to hear.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Let me explain something to you Maggie and umbertino. When a member is banned (for whatever reason) coming back as another member is

against the rules. Members are only allowed one account - not multiple ones.

Now: mojack requested his account be deleted. Since that is not possible, he was banned for his racist rant.

He signed up again as simple and is currently on mod review for another 87 hours.

tarsi has been banned because this is just another account for simple/mojack - don't challenge this, we have access to IP information.

So, whether you like it or not, they have violated the rules for this forum. If simple is allowed to stay, he will be watched and any infraction

will result in him being banned again.

It would be best if the both of you dropped this discussion NOW - if you persist, you will end up on mod review.

Oh, you can complain to Adam if you wish.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I guess if Romney had won these business would keep their employees instead of laying them off? Can anyone answer that? Probably not because some poor guy is losing his job right at the holidays just because Romney won't be able to repel obama care and get rid of the regulations. I call it a cope out and use the reelection of the president as a scapegoat to justify laying off employees. If the shoe fits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess if Romney had won these business would keep their employees instead of laying them off? Can anyone answer that? Probably not because some poor guy is losing his job right at the holidays just because Romney won't be able to repel obama care and get rid of the regulations. I call it a cope out and use the reelection of the president as a scapegoat to justify laying off employees. If the shoe fits.

You are correct, sir!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Hey buddy....Sorry to say, you're very wrong on this one

• Upvote 2

Down here in Florida they are dropping like flies, Hotels and Food service establishments have all announced that they will be cutting back hours to avoid paying a penalty. A friend of mine who works at a senior living facility has said it would save them around 170k a year by just paying the fine.

Yep, and when they are all on part time and don't qualify for the company health plan(if there is one), I wonder who is going to pay for their health insurance that everyone is suppose to have?

I wonder if it would be me?

I think so. :o:angry::twocents::nooo:

• Upvote 1

Hey buddy....Sorry to say, you're very wrong on this one

No Cris i think not. This is another ploy to make the reelected president look bad. I am not a sore loser. Now don't you think if Romney would have won they would have not layed off these folks regardless until Romney got this going in a different direction. I say a cope out my friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I can't speak for other business owners,but in my case you know not what you speak. Myself as an owner I forecast months/years in advance,and with uncertainty of the market and this president I made a conscious decision along with my other partners on stategy that hopefully will strengthen us short and long term. Sadly that means downsizing-peace

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for other business owners,but in my case you know not what you speak. Myself as an owner I forecast months/years in advance,and with uncertainty of the market and this president I made a conscious decision along with my other partners on stategy that hopefully will strengthen us short and long term. Sadly that means downsizing-peace

So basically you are saying most of the business owners were going to downsize regardless who was the President so the orginal message was just a farce. Just another cruthch to learn on when you get small to avoid obamacare. Thanks for keeping it real caz.

• Upvote 1