Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI NEWS

Shoot! SWFG, I read this 15 mins ago in my car and had to wait to get home and reread this article again. Seems like this news would be all over Iraqi TV. We'll see biggrin.gif . Maybe good news when the CBI reopens tomorrow. Thanks for the post. Go RVeeee

<<<<<<<SUNDAY >>>> SUNDAY<<<<< SUNDAY>>>>>

(in my monster truck voice)

• Upvote 1

6-29-2012. Cbi news

Central Bank: the project to delete Asfarinvz after the approval of parliament and the government

28/06/2012 21:34:00

The independent Iraqi news agency / Baghdad / and. X The Central Bank of Iraq that the project to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency did not begin its work and will be implemented after the approval of parliament and government.

The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed in a statement received (and independent Iraqi news agency) a copy of it today that the countdown to the implementation of the project to delete the zeros did not start so far there is no unified vision on it.

He said the benefit has approached the Council of Ministers on the lifting of the implementation of the project, which is to wait 3 ranks will be deleted from the accounts of calculation of the Republic of Iraq, not something takes us back so far, "in the hope that" the approval of a response. "

He explained that "the parliamentary Finance Committee meeting a few days ago was a recall and re-ask and discuss questions and queries on a project for the deletion of zeros where" the central bank ended its preparations for the implementation of the project after approval by the parliament and the government. " http://www.ina-iraq.net/news/ektesad/23955.html

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is the deal....CBI stated the project was not going anywhere at this time. This was not a source, or Selah popping out of the bank to tell the deletion story over and over again. Its posted. However I do think, these articles are not so much education but appealing to the everyday Iraqi the deletion of zero's, new currency and dumping the dollar is a good thing for them. Why? their plan is not working with Parliament. Imo only.

" But Saleh said the bank was concerned to see the economy being dollarized and one target behind the new move was to lessen dependence on the dollar in domestic transactions and dealings by Iraqis. A dollar is now worth about 1,200 dinars. Central Bank wants Iraqis to drop the dollar in internal commercial transactions. "

Only 1 way Iraqis will drop their dollar...but it's not going to happen at 1166. :cigar:

• Upvote 1

" But Saleh said the bank was concerned to see the economy being dollarized and one target behind the new move was to lessen dependence on the dollar in domestic transactions and dealings by Iraqis. A dollar is now worth about 1,200 dinars. Central Bank wants Iraqis to drop the dollar in internal commercial transactions. "

Only 1 way Iraqis will drop their dollar...but it's not going to happen at 1166. :cigar:

No kidding.

Here is the deal....CBI stated the project was not going anywhere at this time. This was not a source, or Selah popping out of the bank to tell the deletion story over and over again. Its posted. However I do think, these articles are not so much education but appealing to the everyday Iraqi the deletion of zero's, new currency and dumping the dollar is a good thing for them. Why? their plan is not working with Parliament. Imo only.

CBI... Shabbs might not be our friend, huh Ziggie. rolleyes.gif

The new dinar that a RD (I really encourage folks to stop using "LOP") will produce will (at least initially) be exchanged for $0.86 USD. Isn't that 1000x higher than the current dinar? Seems like it does just what the CBI claims.

So what about raising it's value against other currencies? Don't you think that if they RV at $.86 they will need to RD just so they can make change when they buy a loaf of bread? Yes yes I know, beating a dead horse.