Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I think my conclusion is bad news for my near future hopes

I checked them and have the same problem, when I click from this site...... hummmm ..... I really want you guys to be able to look at this stuff... so I am going to try to figure out how to get working links in here..... If push comes to shove, I can cut and paste all the infor in here.... though some of it iw really long (though good)....

Might have something to do with being far far from the US deep in the jungle with monkies and on some wierdo computer..... I will work on it.... (amybe cut and paste the actual words from the link?) and try to get them working....

Thanks for the heads up from all you that noticed this..... will see what I can do and am open to thoughts as to why they didnt work....

Back in a bit :)

Rayzur, It seems that you posted in three different sections. In some of your posts, the links work. In some, they do not.

Just FYI.

1. Shabib has been quoted in numerous articles throughout the past few years as saying he was going to re-base the dinar/currency..... He has not been quoted using the words, revalue, redemoninate or reindexin any direct quote I have found or was cited (that I recall)...... He has in actuality used the word Re-Base (rebase)..... Here are but a few articles quoting this:

Read more:

Seems to me the news coming out of Iraq is like their currency. I can't take either one to the bank....

• Upvote 1

In Iraqs case it is.....you cant count natural resources as assets to back the currency though....no one does....assets yes....and its shown in their financials with the gold/SDRs/foreign reserves....

They are actually backing the currency a little over 100% with their assets but the currency is too diluted to make the value much stronger without either expanding the reserves tremendously or cutting the money supply by trillions...

And what qualifications and/or knowledge about economics do you have to make such a bold statement?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rayzur, It seems that you posted in three different sections. In some of your posts, the links work. In some, they do not.

Just FYI.

Ahhhhh man! Really? I'm gonna have to blame it on this jigged jungle computer I'm using....That would be far easier than having to claim I am playing the part of a moron trying to fix this and make it right...... Thanks for letting me know Jackster.

Were you able to cut and paste the actual word links into your browser to read them. The one from the Bank of Zambia is really interesting. Has anyone been able to get the info from these cut and paste links.... (or do I need to go back to the drawing board)?

(BTW you wont be able to cut and paste and use these without deleting the space in-between the http:// and the www as I put in spaces so it wouldnt automatically become another truncated link that would not work... so make sure to take out the spaces...)

I have to ask Zigmeister how to do that "MY Link" thing sometime so I can get it in here for people to use more easily.....

Thanks again Jackster.... :D

Ahhhhh man! Really? I'm gonna have to blame it on this jigged jungle computer I'm using....That would be far easier than having to claim I am playing the part of a moron trying to fix this and make it right...... Thanks for letting me know Jackster.

Were you able to cut and paste the actual word links into your browser to read them. The one from the Bank of Zambia is really interesting. Has anyone been able to get the info from these cut and paste links.... (or do I need to go back to the drawing board)?

(BTW you wont be able to cut and paste and use these without deleting the space in-between the http:// and the www as I put in spaces so it wouldnt automatically become another truncated link that would not work... so make sure to take out the spaces...)

I have to ask Zigmeister how to do that "MY Link" thing sometime so I can get it in here for people to use more easily.....

Thanks again Jackster.... :D

Rayzur, your links in your post under LOP section work.

The posts that start in Opinions don't work. Even when you typed them out and I cut and paste. Didn't work. Oops. I went back using your instructions. They will work.

One link in the LOP section post http://www.djnewswires.com/eu This one gets us to DowJones.com. No article is displayed. Something must be missing in the link

Other than that, all your links work in the LOP section. Rather ironic.

I did get to read the article about Zambia. I have a friend in Zambia. I could ask him directly how that worked. Yes, it was very interesting.

And you're welcome, Rayzur.

In Iraqs case it is.....you cant count natural resources as assets to back the currency though....no one does....assets yes....and its shown in their financials with the gold/SDRs/foreign reserves....

They are actually backing the currency a little over 100% with their assets but the currency is too diluted to make the value much stronger without either expanding the reserves tremendously or cutting the money supply by trillions...

Keep why not. I know nothing more then what I have read over the years from you and others like you who have really reserched and know more about the subject of the dinar then I ever will. But that staement doesnt make sense to me. Why wouldnt it be a asset?

Its as good as money in the bank. And please dont say because no one else does it. That dont mean didlly theres always the first time for anything. ALL that oil and natural gas and it dont count for anything? Naaaa I just dont buy that

• Upvote 3

Here is another good article regarding Zambia, which sounds like every statement and condition Iraqi proponents advocate in removing the zeros from the dinar.... Same concepts, same words....

My link

At this point I think I will hold out for a hybrid process.... they rebase and thereafter the potential wealth (oil etc) leads to an exchange rate of 1 IQD = 12 USD....

Oh dear, .....does this make me sound like an Okie clone?!?!?! Guess if we wait long enough, a little bit of everyone's story could show up in the final result :lol:

Continuing to hold onto hope that the Scooters et al of the world will show up and shoot this bad boy down..... :D

PS Also regarding Zambia, though answers questions about the fundamentals that Iraq seems to reference:

My link

no one does?

so kuwait's $3.86-$4.00 to $1.00 is from there sod farms? lol

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And what qualifications and/or knowledge about economics do you have to make such a bold statement?

laugh.gif Its called research buddy! Google is your friend......20 million actually answered pretty much what I was gonna say....lol....read his posts and comments....and to add to that, since the dinar is a pegged currency, the value of their currency relies heavily on the foreign reserves....along with almost all other pegged currencies...until we see the dinar moving away from being a pegged currency (like they talked about at one point) they dont have much wiggle room on the value of the dinar....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Hey Keep! Some people (actually most...) will never understand. wink.gif

It has nothing to do with being positive or negative. It's about being informed and prepared...

So if what you say is the facts, then they will never have enough to back 20 trillion at 1:1. So whats the solution?

• Upvote 1

So if what you say is the facts, then they will never have enough to back 20 trillion at 1:1. So whats the solution?

Obviously u need to decrease the amount of currency in circulation by lopping or rving at a low rate initially .01-.10 then issue new currency with smaller denoms

Realdinar,, See, you should not ask a question that you dont want to hear the answer to!... Arnay is almost right. Just a gradual appreciation to .01.no one time bump. .. Then the New-new dinar would be able to get most of the US$ off the street..

i dont think you understand what my point was, thanks for the 20 minute read though...

To the Mods,

You guys have now been deleting my factual information that I spent time posting! This is censorship at it's finest!!! No, this is B.S.

Sonny makes this sarcastic remark to me and I am the one who get's put on MOD review??????? Are you serious?

20MillionDinar,<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">sonny1 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "i had to put you on mod review for being rude".<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">sonny1 said:<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">======================================================================<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">had to put on mod review for being rude<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">======================================================================<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">

And what do you call his comment to me????????????????????????????? I bring more facts to this site then Sonny1 ever has, and I get put on mod review for standing up for myself? Something is really wrong with this. How can somebody like Sonny1 be a Moderator when he is completely biased with his OPINIONS and talks down on people who don't believe the way he does?

You guys are messed up!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

i took you off of mod review, just stop calling people pieces of shiiiiit, and calling them pathetic..... its not that hard

i dont talk down to people, i spend as much time in the lop section as anyone, i think your childish rant got the best of you, and you were spouting off, i will just let it go....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I seperated the http:// from the www from the name... so that the entire link would post as a whole and you could cut and paste I hope

These are in order of presentation from the original article:

1. The Gulf times link

http:// www. gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=237500&version=1&template_id=48&parent_id=28

2. Article from Zawya Business Reports. You can't go back into archive without a membership, however fortunately its also repeated in Kelly's blogspot:

http:// articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/11/iraq-central-bank-chief-bond-sale-would.html

3. Briefing Article from Subscription Zawya again I think. Here is link in case it works:

http:// www. zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZW20100516000113/=%20Iraq%20Central%20Bk%20Chief:%20Bond%20Sale%20Would%20Fund%20Budget

I am cutting and pasting the article at the end of this section (so as to keep links together) as #3....

4. Dow Jones Article is cut and pasted into discussion.

Zambia links:

5. THis is a GOOD one to read from the Bank of Zambia... Again I can cut and paste entire LONG PDF in here if the link will not work for you in cut and paste. Remember I seperated the http:/ from the www so the whole link would paste into here.. so fix that when you are putting into browser...

http:// www. boz.zm/BOZ/%5Cpublishing%5CSpeeches%5CPRESS_STATEMENT_BY_BOZ.pdf

6. http:// www. statehouse.gov.zm/index.php/component/content/article/48-featured-items/3883-eaz-stanchart-nod-kwacha-rebasing-

7. http:// www. ukzambians.co.uk/home/2012/01/26/what-does-rebasing-of-kwacha-mean-to-the-poor/

#3 cut and paste from above link in case it does not work out.....

Iraq Central Bank Chief: Bond Sale Would Fund Budget

Monday, May 17, 2010

MANAMA (Zawya Dow Jones)--Iraq's central bank Iraq's central bank is pushing the government to sell bonds to fund an estimated $19.5 billion budget deficit and help wean the fragile country off of external support as it rebuilds, its governor said Sunday.

"The government has planned this (a bond sale) as part of the financing of the budget," Sinan Al Shabibi said in an interview in Bahrain.

"We are pushing for both [bonds and T-bills] to deepen the market. Any kind of financing is welcome," Al Shabibi said, adding that plans for a bond sale "aren't progressing yet" but that he expected them to do so "quite soon."

"We are suggesting, and expect, the government to use all options available," Al Shabibi said. The central bank monitors all issuances to make sure it doesn't affect monetary policy, he said.

Al Shabibi also said a planned re-basing of the Iraqi dinar, by knocking three zeroes from it, could be expected next year, with the move requiring "a lot of field work."

Iraq--still battling sectarian conflict after years of war--is banking on a boost in oil production to stimulate the economy.

The government plans to boost its production of crude oil to 4.5 million barrels a day in 2014 from the current 2.4 million barrels a day. Iraq sits on the world's third-largest oil reserves.

Al Shabibi said he hopes that international banks will also be involved in financing the government's reconstruction effort.

While the central bank is talking to many international banks interested in setting up in Iraq, the country's security situation is still a sticking point, he said.

"We are talking a lot to them, they are welcome," he said. "They are very sensitive to security questions. I think security problems are exaggerated, and we try to explain that."

He said a planned pullout of U.S. troops from the country "will be a sign of security."

"We don't want to depend on the state for financing," Al Shabibi said, adding that economic growth hinges on oil "on the quantity side" as well as how oil prices hold up.

A budget deficit this year, estimated at 22.9 trillion Iraqi dinars ($19.5 billion), has had Iraq turn to the International Monetary Fund and World Bank for loans.

The budget shortfall will be financed mainly by oil income and a loan from the IMF, though the central bank is "encouraging financial diversification."

"The government is still in negotiations with the World Bank" for a $500 million soft loan, Al Shabibi said, after the IMF approved a $3.6 billion loan in February.

Iraq began to accumulate debt from mostly European creditors in the 1980s, building up the government's debt to almost $140 billion. "We were indebted to almost every country," Al Shabibi said.

See if this works for you..... if not, I will cut and paste entire documents into this discussion if people are interested in seeing the actual referenced articles.... :D

Thanks for picking that up....

Rayzur, here is an interesting link of a conference call. Delta The call is hosted by Frankie26 and he has Delta come on to talk about IQD. A listener asks a question about ReBase at the 56:05 mark.

It seems like it was a response to the articles you posted.

To the Mods,

You guys have now been deleting my factual information that I spent time posting! This is censorship at it's finest!!! No, this is B.S.

Sonny makes this sarcastic remark to me and I am the one who get's put on MOD review??????? Are you serious?

20MillionDinar,<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">sonny1 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "i had to put you on mod review for being rude".<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">sonny1 said:<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">======================================================================<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">had to put on mod review for being rude<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">======================================================================<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); ">

And what do you call his comment to me????????????????????????????? I bring more facts to this site then Sonny1 ever has, and I get put on mod review for standing up for myself? Something is really wrong with this. How can somebody like Sonny1 be a Moderator when he is completely biased with his OPINIONS and talks down on people who don't believe the way he does?

You guys are messed up!

There are a few adjectives I could use to best descibe the above,most would be in the child like area but I will hold my tongue for I believe the post speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1

so, hasnt the 30 trillion dinars in circulation been decreasing overtime, or do they continue to print more to maintain that level?

All availible financial indicators from the CBI show the amount in circulation increasing steadily since 2003.....it just keeps going up!

Bills that are turned in and exhanged due to deterioration are not counted in the amount in circulation. But yes it would appear that they just keep printing more and more dinar because of its low purchasing power....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

All availible financial indicators from the CBI show the amount in circulation increasing steadily since 2003.....it just keeps going up!

Bills that are turned in and exhanged due to deterioration are not counted in the amount in circulation. But yes it would appear that they just keep printing more and more dinar because of its low purchasing power....

I understand keep. But printing more Currency would seem to contribute to the problem. If Iraqs economy is stronger than kuwaits, but kuwaits currency is more valuable, wouldnt iraq see the light and stop printing money? What am I missing?

• Upvote 1

I understand keep. But printing more Currency would seem to contribute to the problem. If Iraqs economy is stronger than kuwaits, but kuwaits currency is more valuable, wouldnt iraq see the light and stop printing money? What am I missing?

Aha! Great question. I see a couple of possibilities. 1) Iraq has and had no intention of RVing their currency, so it really doesn't matter if they kept on printing. 2)Iraq is the biggest guru of them all. I don't know how much dinar has been sold here in the US and other countries, but they made some shekel from it. Don't think they are unaware of investors so to speak. Was it a plan from the get go...very possible. When George Bush signed the paper the dinar could be bought, sales went up, the guru's came out of the woodwork and here we are. We as investors cannot get upset because CBI can say, they never said they would RV. However I do believe CBI was going to do something in 2010. I believe it was an RD, the question is why didn't they? Was it because an election was coming up? Were they not ready? They should have had all their ducks in a row because they planned for the 2010 date.

The next question is, have they continued printing? As far as I know the dinar, people are buying now has a 2010 date. If anyone has recently purchased dinar I would be interested if the date is 2011 or 2012. This would give us some insight if they are still printing the pink stuff. Keep knows how to find the print date on the dinar.

Anyway just some ramblings on a blistering day. ;)

Aha! Great question. I see a couple of possibilities. 1) Iraq has and had no intention of RVing their currency, so it really doesn't matter if they kept on printing. 2)Iraq is the biggest guru of them all. I don't know how much dinar has been sold here in the US and other countries, but they made some shekel from it. Don't think they are unaware of investors so to speak. Was it a plan from the get go...very possible. When George Bush signed the paper the dinar could be bought, sales went up, the guru's came out of the woodwork and here we are. We as investors cannot get upset because CBI can say, they never said they would RV. However I do believe CBI was going to do something in 2010. I believe it was an RD, the question is why didn't they? Was it because an election was coming up? Were they not ready? They should have had all their ducks in a row because they planned for the 2010 date.

The next question is, have they continued printing? As far as I know the dinar, people are buying now has a 2010 date. If anyone has recently purchased dinar I would be interested if the date is 2011 or 2012. This would give us some insight if they are still printing the pink stuff. Keep knows how to find the print date on the dinar.

Anyway just some ramblings on a blistering day. ;)

Yes... I would venture to say that besides the normal forex transactions betweeen currencies taking place every day in the world's various forex markets .. Apart from those... The IQD ha been the most sold currency to Foreigners in the world for a long time...

Don't have any proof or certainty about that..,Just a gut feeling....