Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

To educate those who feel the Iraq Dinar will LOP

icfaith

IF what you say is true..................................I have acres of ocean front property in the desert I can sell REAL cheap.Buuuuuuuuuuuut you got to" hurry up and buy before it's too late"! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm real intelligent folk surely would'nt use such a lame excuse would they? I didn't want to respond as I promised but you kept comin at me. Take care Dinarck

O come on now caz. You know we couldnt keep this silence between us going forever. What fun would that be?

Many have been brought into dinarville on the ”nobody is suppose to know about this” or the good ole ”only the elite know about it but it leaked so hurry before its to late”. I was one of them. I figured why not. The value has to go up due to their oil right? WRONG! Didnt take long for me and many others to learn that. Now that we know it we point it out when ever someone post a statement that is false. I still fail to see why that bothers you so much. What sandstorm said was exactly correct and on point yet it made your blood boil didnt it? Why? If sandstorm posted anything false or misleading then I would be right beside you critisizing the post but the truth was told and it eats you up. That is what I cant figure out about you caz. You come off as someone who attempts to keep tensions down by pointing out uncalled for remarks yet throw in remarks of your own to spark tension. Thats fine with me. I am just saying, if you want to debate someone you disagree with then just come with something to show where they are wrong instead of making little ”well you fell for it too” remarks as a substitute for anything of substance to bring to the discussion.

• Upvote 2

O come on now caz. You know we couldnt keep this silence between us going forever. What fun would that be?

Many have been brought into dinarville on the ”nobody is suppose to know about this” or the good ole ”only the elite know about it but it leaked so hurry before its to late”. I was one of them. I figured why not. The value has to go up due to their oil right? WRONG! Didnt take long for me and many others to learn that. Now that we know it we point it out when ever someone post a statement that is false. I still fail to see why that bothers you so much. What sandstorm said was exactly correct and on point yet it made your blood boil didnt it? Why? If sandstorm posted anything false or misleading then I would be right beside you critisizing the post but the truth was told and it eats you up. That is what I cant figure out about you caz. You come off as someone who attempts to keep tensions down by pointing out uncalled for remarks yet throw in remarks of your own to spark tension. Thats fine with me. I am just saying, if you want to debate someone you disagree with then just come with something to show where they are wrong instead of making little ”well you fell for it too” remarks as a substitute for anything of substance to bring to the discussion.

Dinarck You know I agree with you on alot of what you say just not the way you say it. And yes I know you could care less. And yes i agree the barbs go both ways. No nothing you or anyone else says makes my blood boil, I just like you want to point out the inconsistencies & bias of some posters. How can anyone question others intelligence when they too were presumably'd snookered themselves? Got to man, have a great evening and keep up the fight albeit on the wrong side imo :):):)

• Upvote 1

Dinarck You know I agree with you on alot of what you say just not the way you say it. And yes I know you could care less. And yes i agree the barbs go both ways. No nothing you or anyone else says makes my blood boil, I just like you want to point out the inconsistencies & bias of some posters. How can anyone question others intelligence when they too were presumably'd snookered themselves? Got to man, have a great evening and keep up the fight albeit on the wrong side imo :):):)

Ok caz I hear ya but since everyone was snookered into buying Dinar then somehow that means that the truth of what is going on with the dinar should not be uttered by anyone on a Dinar forum dedicated to discussion of the Dinar? How does that work?

What? You cant reinstate a value that was lost due to a failed monetary policy......it took years for the dinar to plummet and wont be fixed with a flip of the switch. They have a lot of work to do.

They surely can pull in large and small notes with a lop....thats what it does...replaces the entire currency. By replacing the currency, they do pull in ALL notes, large and small.....

Deleting the zeros (lop) will also help with de-dollarization....if you end up with a dinar on par with the USD, why wouldnt they use it??

Why does it matter if the US was fighting a war in those other countries?? It doesnt....not trying to be rude but I think you have been listening to the gurus and the "hype" a little too much. Iraq has become an asset for the US, but that does not even closely mean that they have to or will make us rich. Economics does come into play here.....

The CBI cant do much of anything until they take care of the inflated money supply and the only way they have been talking about dealing with it is by lopping....

Keep'm, still w/ that slated opinion as if you were pro-lop. Didn't know we had an expert among us..

Each scenario has shown to play out differently for each country... Nothing is set in stone, and a value of a currency can easily go in any direction a central bank desires it to go. Factors do play a role, such as a demand for the currency. Econ 101 shows that value is based upon supply & demand... In the case of the current value is supposedly due to data showing large amounts of volume (supply)... With a weak demand because many citizens prefer dollars over dinars, the issues remain...

So, lets look at this from a psychological point of view.... And yes, I think it should be important and considered because preference of dollars over dinars is what leads to a lower value. Demand is necessary to maintain value... Imagine if the demand of the dollar dropped over night, it would have a negative impact on what the dollar can buy. We would initially see it in many imported costs of goods and also see it in the prices we pay at the pump.

Okay - hopefully we have that understanding, so the real question(s) at hand we should be asking ourselves is how do we create more demand for the dinar over the dollar?

Lets compare the two:

The dollar can be internationally accepted and traded almost anywhere in the world (the dinar, however can not)

The dollar is used to trade oil, however the dinar is not.

The most 0's a US dollar has is 2 while the dinar has up to 4.

The dollar is a fiat currency while the dinar is pegged.

The economy in time will improve, but currently, an average citizen can't hop on the internet and easily use their money within a bank and order something online... Electronic banking is being improved everyday for their country but some projects take time.

Ideally, I think the value will rise over time.... I think that is their best option... Any significant overnight changes such as a r/v or r/d can become damaging... But if any surge in demand occurs, I would imagine the value would simply reflect that.

As for the debate, we have to remember its everyone's opinion(s) and simply does not set in stone a likely outcome. We're simply speculating upon guesses and ideas from the data we have gained from researching.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Keep'm, still w/ that slated opinion as if you were pro-lop. Didn't know we had an expert among us..

You of all people should already know this!!! LOL

And you know Im not pro-lop.....his post was just silly and full of incorrect assumptions.....I dont like it as much as the next guy when you look at the "availible" facts.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You of all people should already know this!!! LOL

And you know Im not pro-lop.....his post was just silly and full of incorrect assumptions.....I dont like it as much as the next guy when you look at the "availible" facts.....

Most posts regarding r/v or r/d are all opinionated. I just find it funny how some take them so serious as if they're fact.

• Downvote 1

If another country invaded my land and set the exchange rate for my currency then withdrew from my newly soveirgn country, I would Revalue my artificially programed rate to reflect the true value based on my largest assets. Clearly Iraq has been stocking up and preparing for this. Saddam really destroyed that country unfortunately.. But... With advances in communication and technology it takes half as long to rebuild a country these days compared to 60 years ago. Iraq has been rebuilding and has had a whopping 80% debt reduction. They don't really owe anyone except for a few neighbours. They have cash reserves, gold, and oil with a population of 30 million. Europe and US taught them to crawl, but now Iraq is learning to walk on their own. My belief is that Iraq will increase the exchange rate once they finalize trade partners and work on expanding their sectors. The rate would be greater than 1. idk where people get these $42 and $12 rates lol. But no doubt in my mind says it will be greater than 1-1.

They have talked about wanting to keep the face value during the RD process.

Guess we will find out soon though! It seems like progress is being made and the tariffs are in place. Now we wait and see! These next two months will be fun. :)

Well, you've called the rate. 1:1 or better.

So, when will we see it happen? Give a ballpark figure (or time).

It’s stunning to me people are so gullible they think Iraq is openly talking about RVing the dinar 100,000% in the near future.

They have been openly discussing this plan for years now. That in itself should be a dead give away to that what they are talking about is a simple lop. No gain in value. Countries that lop do this all the time. Very normal to talk about it for years before dong it.

On the other hand… it’s standard procedure for countries deny and lie to hide raising their currency ½ of one percent because they don’t want speculators to take advantage of it. So do you really think Iraq is openly talking about a 100,000% RV for years in advance giving people the opportunity to get all they want before the event. If you do believe that’s what they are doing then why is the dinar sinking in value? The street rate has dropped the last six months. They are doing everything they can just to try to get the street rate back to the official rate of 1166. If this RV talk was true, or if people believed it even to be a possible rumor. The street rate of the dinar would soar in value. It would already be trading on the streets for over 50 cents a dinar if people really thought it would be RVd to a $1 soon

• Upvote 2

It’s stunning to me people are so gullible they think Iraq is openly talking about RVing the dinar 100,000% in the near future.

They have been openly discussing this plan for years now. That in itself should be a dead give away to that what they are talking about is a simple lop. No gain in value. Countries that lop do this all the time. Very normal to talk about it for years before dong it.

On the other hand… it’s standard procedure for countries deny and lie to hide raising their currency ½ of one percent because they don’t want speculators to take advantage of it. So do you really think Iraq is openly talking about a 100,000% RV for years in advance giving people the opportunity to get all they want before the event. If you do believe that’s what they are doing then why is the dinar sinking in value? The street rate has dropped the last six months. They are doing everything they can just to try to get the street rate back to the official rate of 1166. If this RV talk was true, or if people believed it even to be a possible rumor. The street rate of the dinar would soar in value. It would already be trading on the streets for over 50 cents a dinar if people really thought it would be RVd to a $1 soon

"it's stunning to me people are so gulible" ? Did you purchase dinar on the premise of a RD/LOP? If so and that happens congrats to you on not being "gulible". Of course you would be the first person that I have come across that did so. ;);)

• Upvote 1

"it's stunning to me people are so gulible" ? Did you purchase dinar on the premise of a RD/LOP? If so and that happens congrats to you on not being "gulible". Of course you would be the first person that I have come across that did so. ;);)

I bought dinar based on the fantasy RV that was goingt to happen at any second, so you better buy now talk. Very stupid of me. That was in 2005. That was before anyone discovered the CBI finacials and it was before any talk of deleting 3 zeros and redenominating. Shortly after I invested I found the financials which showed the massive money supply and at that time I realized a big sudden RV was pure nonsense. Then in the summer of 2006 the first redenomination article came out. The minister of finance announced they wanted to redenominate the currency and delete 3 zeros. That was enough for me.

Again caz? Surely you have got something else. Maybe find something wrong with his spelling or grammar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If another country invaded my land and set the exchange rate for my currency then withdrew from my newly soveirgn country, I would Revalue my artificially programed rate to reflect the true value based on my largest assets. Clearly Iraq has been stocking up and preparing for this. Saddam really destroyed that country unfortunately.. But... With advances in communication and technology it takes half as long to rebuild a country these days compared to 60 years ago. Iraq has been rebuilding and has had a whopping 80% debt reduction. They don't really owe anyone except for a few neighbours. They have cash reserves, gold, and oil with a population of 30 million. Europe and US taught them to crawl, but now Iraq is learning to walk on their own. My belief is that Iraq will increase the exchange rate once they finalize trade partners and work on expanding their sectors. The rate would be greater than 1. idk where people get these $42 and $12 rates lol. But no doubt in my mind says it will be greater than 1-1.

They have talked about wanting to keep the face value during the RD process.

Guess we will find out soon though! It seems like progress is being made and the tariffs are in place. Now we wait and see! These next two months will be fun. :)

Again. 70 trillion dinar. everything you say would be so true, but your forgetting or minimizing 70 trillion dinar. there is not an economic policy anywhere that could handle 70 trillion in m2 for one country. they would be creating massive wild inflation, that no one in the world could control. the cbi is a central bank for stability and control. if the rv to. 1:1 with 70 trillion dinar, their doomed and would guarantee failure. 70 trillion dinar is everyones problem, and it cant and wont be ignored in this section.

Are you one of the "successfully fooled people" of which you speak? Or did you not ever purchase dinar? Just wondering seeing as you obviously with your percieved intelligence would'nt have been easily led into believing of a RV..................................right?

I made a fair observation. i have no desire to defend or feel its important to answer your questions. as it seems your trying to scratch and claw my eyes out.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I bought dinar based on the fantasy RV that was goingt to happen at any second, so you better buy now talk.

End Quote

I'd say that 75 - 85% of all of us Dinar buyers worldwide did the same.

Im in that majority. i still think this is a good risk/reward opportunity. learning about the curveball possibilities was eye opening, yet nothings for sure. especially in iraq

• Upvote 2

Again. 70 trillion dinar. everything you say would be so true, but your forgetting or minimizing 70 trillion dinar. there is not an economic policy anywhere that could handle 70 trillion in m2 for one country. they would be creating massive wild inflation, that no one in the world could control. the cbi is a central bank for stability and control. if the rv to. 1:1 with 70 trillion dinar, their doomed and would guarantee failure. 70 trillion dinar is everyones problem, and it cant and wont be ignored in this section.

I made a fair observation. i have no desire to defend or feel its important to answer your questions. as it seems your trying to scratch and claw my eyes out.

Weak answer very Weak

" a fair observation" that should have included yourself,or should it not? Were or are you one of the gullible? A fair question

Weak answer very Weak

" a fair observation" that should have included yourself,or should it not? Were or are you one of the gullible? A fair question

Hey caz. I WAS ONE OF THE GULLIBLE. How many times do you need to hear people admitt that they were duped? I will admitt it here for you a bunch of times.

I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible.

There feel better now? Do I really need to explain again that I was suckered but now that I know better I use my better judgement in my post instead of "nobody really knows" or "its all smoke and mirrors". PLEASE bring SOMETHING to the discussion instead of this pointing fingers nonsense.

• Upvote 4

So, I'm writing my memoirs...."GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS; Confessions Of A Self Deluded Dinar Speculator".

Seriously though, and if I'm being truthful, I'm incredibly disappointed (and embarrassed) with myself. While my initial target rate of $.10 is modest compared to many other's target rates, I still deluded myself for years with "outside the box" scenarios that might cover that (relatively) modest RV. Alas, I have succumbed to reality, and basic economics, and have accepted a re-denomination as the most likely (and unfortunate) outcome.

I'll be proactive here to save bandwidth, yes, I have sold all but 1,000,000 dinar (hey, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong) and as a collectible, two complete sets of currency (all the notes and coins printed and minted post US invasion). I made money and I'm playing with house money now, that's why I can hang around forums without believing it HAS to RV. If it RVs, beautiful, and if not, no biggie.

• Upvote 5

Hey caz. I WAS ONE OF THE GULLIBLE. How many times do you need to hear people admitt that they were duped? I will admitt it here for you a bunch of times.

I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible. I was duped and gullible.

There feel better now? Do I really need to explain again that I was suckered but now that I know better I use my better judgement in my post instead of "nobody really knows" or "its all smoke and mirrors". PLEASE bring SOMETHING to the discussion instead of this pointing fingers nonsense.

Dinarck,unless you have multiple personalities I was responding to someone else. You see I want all you "smarter than a 5th grader-NOT" types to admit to being no better than the ones you seem to degrade. Please bring something of substance other than your "it'll never work....we are doomed" (eyore) beliefs and maybe just maybe someone other than "we got screwed" crowd you seem to enjoy to hang with will take you seriously. Let it go man,we both know how each feels.

So, I'm writing my memoirs...."GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS; Confessions Of A Self Deluded Dinar Speculator".

Seriously though, and if I'm being truthful, I'm incredibly disappointed (and embarrassed) with myself. While my initial target rate of $.10 is modest compared to many other's target rates, I still deluded myself for years with "outside the box" scenarios that might cover that (relatively) modest RV. Alas, I have succumbed to reality, and basic economics, and have accepted a re-denomination as the most likely (and unfortunate) outcome.

I'll be proactive here to save bandwidth, yes, I have sold all but 1,000,000 dinar (hey, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong) and as a collectible, two complete sets of currency (all the notes and coins printed and minted post US invasion). I made money and I'm playing with house money now, that's why I can hang around forums without believing it HAS to RV. If it RVs, beautiful, and if not, no biggie.

Now thats a post worthy of respect!

Let's all welcome a new member to the lop club.

6-13-2012 Kaperoni: This article is not good. It appears clearly in this article they are talking redenomination or LOP. I am not giving up hope, but this seems pretty compelling that Iraq may not be honoring the dinar at face value post redenomination. The best one can gain from this is 2X or 3X our investment if this is true.

Latest members to join.

Ali

Father of Dinar (DD)

Kaperoni

As the pumpers turn.

Who will be next?

Edited by DaveD
  • Upvote 1

I bought dinar based on the fantasy RV that was goingt to happen at any second, so you better buy now talk. Very stupid of me. That was in 2005. That was before anyone discovered the CBI finacials and it was before any talk of deleting 3 zeros and redenominating. Shortly after I invested I found the financials which showed the massive money supply and at that time I realized a big sudden RV was pure nonsense. Then in the summer of 2006 the first redenomination article came out. The minister of finance announced they wanted to redenominate the currency and delete 3 zeros. That was enough for me.

Thanks for the response.IMO everyone invested with the thinking of millions bouncing in our heads. I appreciate/respect the differing opinions but not the what I call the recovering smoker/alcoholic chastising of others for THEIR lack of intelligence. There are alot of intelligent folks here and other places that differ on the end result and thats cool. It's also cool imo to respect each others choices and opinions. Best to you & thanks again for the honest response.

Dinarck,unless you have multiple personalities I was responding to someone else. You see I want all you "smarter than a 5th grader-NOT" types to admit to being no better than the ones you seem to degrade. Please bring something of substance other than your "it'll never work....we are doomed" (eyore) beliefs and maybe just maybe someone other than "we got screwed" crowd you seem to enjoy to hang with will take you seriously. Let it go man,we both know how each feels.

Now thats a post worthy of respect!

Yes caz I realize that you were not responding to me. The problem is that your response is always the same. Find something new to whine about already. Many people have woken up. Either deal with it or show something that proves them wrong. By all means caz if you have some information showing a RV to be possible (which its not) then please share it with us. Until then, stop pointing fingers at people who have woken up and are responding to those still asleep.