Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dear Dr Shabibi

I purchased some of your country's dinar sometime back now. Forgot the exact date, but those dinar are getting that old now, that the pictures are starting to fade and the numbers are starting to disappear. I know it is an enormous burden that has been laid upon you, and with respect, I have spent countless days and nights (make that years) hunting information about the probability of you announcing the r/v of the Iraqi dinar.

I have searched each and every forum that even hints of having some knowledge of the dinar revaluation. As you maybe aware, there have been countless false alarms about the announcement of this event. Dr Shabibi, I am not a religious person, but lately I have even started going to church to learn how to pray for this event to happen. Obviously I am being punished for being a religous abstainer all my life, but when you're desperate, a man's gotta do.... As of this day, there has been nothing to suggest that we are even close to this r/v.

My wife says I have become a stranger within my own family and have ignored friends who are not fellow dinarians. She believes I have become totally obsessed by this dinar investment to a point that she wonders if life or me will ever get back to being normal again. So here I am, virtually at your doorstep asking you for a big favour. Now I am not going to ask you the obvious question about a date or a rate. Instead, could you possibly see your way clear to either email me, phone me or even send an SMS to let me know when you decide to press the button for this event to occur? I have included at the bottom of this letter my email address and mobile phone number.

This will save me a lot worry and I can get back to things I use to do with the family like going on picnics, visiting old friends and relatives, gardening, watching sport, fishing and even watching a movie. It will also save me a lot of wasted time sifting through internet forums, watching Arab tv, learning the Iraqi language, listening to world news reports and reading newspapers to get any information about the r/v.

Yours sincerely

Mungo

Edited by mungo
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 6

My Dearest Mungo,

I have read your letter.......

even though it came "postage due".

The carrier took pity on me because I didn't have any currency to pay him with..........

well, that isn't completely true....... I had currency but the carrier didn't want to carry that much bulk and weight for an amount slightly over $.23 (USD). He only had two satchels to carry the remaining letters to be delivered and didn't want to throw them all out just to carry the dinar I owed him.

BOTH of my arms are in slings at the present time and I am unable to press ANYthing at the moment. I have tried to press the red button with my nose but I wear bifocals and as soon as I get to close the button becomes three or four or five buttons and I can never figure out which one is the real and which ones are the fake.

SO... I wait.

Have a good day and as they say in your country (so they tell me) Keep the faith, DUDE!

:o)

Shabibi

• Upvote 5

A glimpse inside the sickness of self centered greed and weak mindedness. It's not about you, or any of us. This is a country of more than 30 million people, struggling to make their way in a much more modern world than they ever dreamed of. Something like this needs to be done correctly, and with perfect timing - not because you have no self control and don't give a hoot about your loved ones enough to find time for them in your pathetic life. I don't even have the stomach to go into the greed factor. If this was an attempt at humor, it assumed others felt the same anguish or disappointment, and that's just sad. Time to be an adult and realize that we are world citizens by even participating in this venture. You belittle the lives of our armed forces for a chuckle? Good luck with that.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

You know what fnbplanet....you were spot on in my case.....I am a stay at home mom and housewife.....I don't travel much and just see to the day to day life of my family..........This investment has give me the feeling of participating and being a part of the world I live in more than anything else in my life at the moment.........for that alone I am eternally grateful to the IQD......I kinda think I will miss this once this RV actually happens, I know for a fact I will stay more up to the minute on whats going on around me......I never want to be so UNaware again...........

• Upvote 3

So how many of us have started bargaining to God about this RV? Like how you will help someone out after the RV? Or what you will do to help society with your new blessings? Yea, that's the ticket! Let's make a promise we won't keep!

Hey, better idea................. how about serving God now and looking to help others now and not worry so much about our own greed? Wow, to help someone out despite our own poverty or our own problems in life would certainly be a big step..................... and you could become a blessing to someone now! What an awesome opportunity! How about starting to move your life to helping others? How about going to church to do more than learn to pray......... maybe to learn how to give thanks for all the blessings you have now and listening to God and watching him show you the direction of your life. God's work on earth is in our hands.......... to help others, to set good examples, to follow the 10 commandments .................... to be a blessing to others!

This whole thing could RV now (I wish) .......................and then the world could end tomorrow. Will you have a place where our real treasures await? Spend a little time with God and let him into your heart....................... and be a blessing while you await yours!

Aloha ke Akua!

You always run the risk of upsetting the sensitive when you post anything on any forum. Sometimes you can gauge by the reaction to your post who are on the same page as you and who is reading another book. But it's good to see that at least a few on this forum still maintain a sense of humour and took the real meaning of the "letter" without it having to be explained. I am sure even Shabibi would have seen the humour in it as well, should the letter have ever been posted. :tiphat:

• Upvote 5

Dear Dr Shabibi

I purchased some of your country's dinar sometime back now. Forgot the exact date, but those dinar are getting that old now, that the pictures are starting to fade and the numbers are starting to disappear. I know it is an enormous burden that has been laid upon you, and with respect, I have spent countless days and nights (make that years) hunting information about the probability of you announcing the r/v of the Iraqi dinar.

I have searched each and every forum that even hints of having some knowledge of the dinar revaluation. As you maybe aware, there have been countless false alarms about the announcement of this event. Dr Shabibi, I am not a religious person, but lately I have even started going to church to learn how to pray for this event to happen. Obviously I am being punished for being a religous abstainer all my life, but when you're desperate, a man's gotta do.... As of this day, there has been nothing to suggest that we are even close to this r/v.

My wife says I have become a stranger within my own family and have ignored friends who are not fellow dinarians. She believes I have become totally obsessed by this dinar investment to a point that she wonders if life or me will ever get back to being normal again. So here I am, virtually at your doorstep asking you for a big favour. Now I am not going to ask you the obvious question about a date or a rate. Instead, could you possibly see your way clear to either email me, phone me or even send an SMS to let me know when you decide to press the button for this event to occur? I have included at the bottom of this letter my email address and mobile phone number.

This will save me a lot worry and I can get back to things I use to do with the family like going on picnics, visiting old friends and relatives, gardening, watching sport, fishing and even watching a movie. It will also save me a lot of wasted time sifting through internet forums, watching Arab tv, learning the Iraqi language, listening to world news reports and reading newspapers to get any information about the r/v.

Yours sincerely

Mungo

Good one mate! LOOOOL I don't know anyone would give you a neg on this one. Hell we ALL want to do the same thing! Way to go. GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 1

wonder what his letter to santa looked like?

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy all year and have hardly bashed any posters at the DV...I've given multiple green +1s ect. I was wondering if you could have your Elves make me the following......

I would like a Red Rider bb gun and Dinar revaluation.

RESPONSE

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

• Upvote 4

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy all year and have hardly bashed any posters at the DV...I've given multiple green +1s ect. I was wondering if you could have your Elves make me the following......

I would like a Red Rider bb gun and Dinar revaluation.

RESPONSE

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 1

You always run the risk of upsetting the sensitive when you post anything on any forum. Sometimes you can gauge by the reaction to your post who are on the same page as you and who is reading another book. But it's good to see that at least a few on this forum still maintain a sense of humour and took the real meaning of the "letter" without it having to be explained. I am sure even Shabibi would have seen the humour in it as well, should the letter have ever been posted. :tiphat:

MUNGO, Seeking God with such a agenda is an insult to Christianiry, you should pray to God for guidance and a humble soul.

You know what fnbplanet....you were spot on in my case.....I am a stay at home mom and housewife.....I don't travel much and just see to the day to day life of my family..........This investment has give me the feeling of participating and being a part of the world I live in more than anything else in my life at the moment.........for that alone I am eternally grateful to the IQD......I kinda think I will miss this once this RV actually happens, I know for a fact I will stay more up to the minute on whats going on around me......I never want to be so UNaware again...........

I'm with you girlie....I've never before been very interested in anything that wasn't going on in my little piece of the world. Since I've been invested in the dinar I've been learning about another country that I really just didn't give a crap about except for the fact that we had soldiers there. It's been a learning experience for me and I will miss it when it is over. I'm really hoping that we can make enough money from this to do some traveling and see more of this beautiful world.

• Upvote 1

MUNGO, Seeking God with such a agenda is an insult to Christianiry, you should pray to God for guidance and a humble soul.

What is Christianiry? Is it a branch of Christianity?

From the good book:

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Proverbs 28:20

"A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished."

Psalm 62:10

"...if riches increase, do not set your heart on them."

Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Proverbs 10:22

"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it."

• Upvote 1

Dear Dr Shabibi

Yours sincerely

Mungo

Really nice letter. I talk with ole' Shabs on Facebook all the time and sometime we IM each other. I will tell him to get back to you tomorrow regarding your request. :huh:

Edited by Benjamin NutnYahoo