Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President of the Presidium republic confirms that the budget law has been published in Iraqi Gazette

yota691

President of the Presidium republic confirms that the budget law has been published in Iraqi Gazette

04.02.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - add comment -

President of the Presidium republic confirms that the budget law has been published in Iraqi Gazette April 1, 2012 The head office of the chairman republic Naseer al-Ani, in a statement issued Sunday by the 04/01/2012, the federal budget law of the Republic of Iraq No. 22 for fiscal year 2012, has been published in the Iraqi Gazette in its issue No. 4233, issued on 19 April 1433 Hijri, corresponding to March 12, 2012.

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=49897#ixzz1qsDZwGt0

• Upvote 7

See, here's where I differ in opinion...

I don't think that a revaluation of a currency has so much riding on it, or rather that so much depends on it that all these strategic pieces have to be in place. Everyone is picking apart the numbers and "significant events" like they're the end-all drop-dead assurances an RV has to happen, or that it means it has a great chance of occurring because of that thing.

I don't think it does. I think we're reading into everything too much, and IF Iraq is planning on revaluing their currency by 100,000% overnight, they are certainly not going to tell anyone, and it's certainly not going to be given away with secret hidden things like information buried in some confusing part of a budget plan. They have all those figures buttoned down. If they revalue their currency, they know exactly where to change the numbers and what to change them to in order to get the budget working with the new exchange rate/money supply/whatever terms you want to use.

Not to throw it on everyone, but KISS. Keep it simple, stupid. Sounds trite, but realistically, Occam's Razor - all things being equal, the simplest explanation is often the best one. They are simply going to change the value of their currency, using what means they have economically and mathematically (no, don't bash me with specific numbers) and that's that. We'll all see the effects AFTER it has already happened.

Sorry, early morning...

• Upvote 2

Queezy,

I agree,

IMO; iraq will not get released from Chapter 7 without a complete government,HCL,&,Erbil agreements in place It's that simple. Iraq can proclaim and posture that they are out of 7 all they want, but that doesn't make it so. Without 7 Iraq has no credibility and no tradeable currency.

• Upvote 2

Can't seem to find it

And if we can't see it yet, its not yet posted. This article could easily have been misconstrued through translation. It could possibly have been trying to say the same thing that several articles said yesterday, that the budget was sent to be published but it will take 2-3 weeks.

Also, I stand firm that the budget is not one of the main indicators of an RV. HCL and Ch 7 are much more pressing issues. The Budget is minor.

me either, but will take it!!

You are da man! This is awesome! I needed this boost today. I'm tired. Mondays are tough.

Queezy,

I agree,

IMO; iraq will not get released from Chapter 7 without a complete government,HCL,&,Erbil agreements in place It's that simple. Iraq can proclaim and posture that they are out of 7 all they want, but that doesn't make it so. Without 7 Iraq has no credibility and no tradeable currency.

Yes I agree. But they are going to come out all at once on the big announcements. In MHO this is done. They are trying to time things and dot the I's and cross the T's.

04.02.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - add comment -

President of the Presidium republic confirms that the budget law has been published in Iraqi Gazette April 1, 2012 The head office of the chairman republic Naseer al-Ani, in a statement issued Sunday by the 04/01/2012, the federal budget law of the Republic of Iraq No. 22 for fiscal year 2012, has been published in the Iraqi Gazette in its issue No. 4233, issued on 19 April 1433 Hijri, corresponding to March 12, 2012.

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=49897#ixzz1qsDZwGt0

Read the last sentence, it says "issued on 19 April"... I bet that's when it will be published. Great post, Yota!!! Thanks you!

You are da man! This is awesome! I needed this boost today. I'm tired. Mondays are tough.

Yes I agree. But they are going to come out all at once on the big announcements. In MHO this is done. They are trying to time things and dot the I's and cross the T's.

GP,

I'm with you and believe these issues are done. Iraq is intentionally spinning crisis...

GP,

I'm with you and believe these issues are done. Iraq is intentionally spinning crisis...

Intentionally??? Id call it pure dislike for eachother. the hatred among blocs is real. the idea of withdrawl is realer than the idea of agreement.

iraq will be removed from ch 7, when the obligations are complete.....border demarcation, kuwaitti property,missing persons and the compensation issues havebeen resolved. they need to work their tails off, because the june meeting of the unsc is less than ninety days away. the erbil and the hcl are internal problems and have nothing to do with ch 7. While it would make iraqs situation look better, thats not the un's role in those matters

Edited by truthful1

At this point I don't think this will pop anytime soon, They can never seem to get it together . They talk the talk but cant walk the walk because of there Greed. Don't like being Negative but thats how i see it. It will come but just don't see it coming soon. :huh:

At this point I don't think this will pop anytime soon, They can never seem to get it together . They talk the talk but cant walk the walk because of there Greed. Don't like being Negative but thats how i see it. It will come but just don't see it coming soon. :huh:

Im with you on this one. sometimes more can be said about what doesnt happen than what does.

Queezy,

I agree,

Yep I agree. The hinder investment with some of their outdated laws, and till they have a government they surely won't RV.

I want this RV so badly!! With that said in all fairness I am not surprised the Iraqi government is taking so long. Our government is over two hundred years older and look how long it takes our Congress to pass any bill!! I really hope it is in "the coming days" though.

Sweetybird - The date as posted: "issued on 19 April 1433 Hijri, corresponding to March 12, 2012" is referring to the Hijri calendar. 19 April 1433 in the Hijri calendar = March 12, 2012 in the Gregorian calendar. Both are the same.

• Upvote 1