Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete the zeros....Centre for Regional Studies

How can they make a 25,000 note worth 21usd when you also say a 50 dinar note will be worth 42usd. That makes no sense.

The people I listen to analyze the news articles, and therefore are not "Gurus". Gurus are the ones who say they have "contacts" and "inside sources" and call the RV as "done" once or twice a week.

I don't listen to PTR, for example.

Kaperoni, IQD Team, Gatekeepers, and a few others, analyze NEWS and never give a date or a rate, because no one knows.

Its called having two different currencies running at the same time.......

laugh.giflaugh.gif Sorry...but those people will do nothing but confuse you and steer you away from whats really being said....but whatever floats your boat!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

laugh.giflaugh.gif Sorry...but those people will do nothing but confuse you and steer you away from whats really being said....but whatever floats your boat!!

I love floating in boats! And after the RV... I will be!biggrin.gif

• Upvote 3

How can they make a 25,000 note worth 21usd

That's what it's worth right now, they don't need to make it worth that, it already is.

when you also say a 50 dinar note will be worth 42usd. That makes no sense.

That's how an RD works. 50,000 OLD (current) dinar = 50 NEW dinar = 42 dollars.

I'd say maybe it seems like you're not familiar with what happens during a three zero RD, in which case I'd say your news sources haven't done a very good job.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period!

Don't fall into anti RV pumpers hype.

Itll always be worth 25,000 OLD dinar. If they replace their currency it will likely only be worth 25 NEW dinar. To pretend that RDs don't exist or are not possible is just silly, they've happened over 50 times to currencies all over the world.

Look at Chinas economy right now and how strong it is. They RDd two or three times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars period!

Don't fall into anti RV pumpers hype.

I dont think anyone is anti RV......we ALL would love an overnight miracle.....

Did you happen to learn a bunch from your post??

I love floating in boats! And after the RV... I will be!biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars no matter what the exchange rate is to the US dollar period!

And if they RD it won't effect my 25000 notes it only effects the new currency meaning 50 Iraqi dinar note will be worth 50000 dinars (exchange rate between new and old currency 1:1000). You can keep looking what other countries are doing I'm only concern with Iraq.

A 25000 Iraqi dinar note will always be worth 25000 dinars no matter what the exchange rate is to the US dollar period!

And if they RD it won't effect my 25000 notes it only effects the new currency meaning 50 Iraqi dinar note will be worth 50000 dinars (exchange rate between new and old currency 1:1000). You can keep looking what other countries are doing I'm only concern with Iraq.

laugh.gif Your right.....your 25k note will still be a 25k note, but it will take one of your 25k notes to equal one NEW 25 note......

The exchange rate for your 25k note (to the USD) will stay the same.......

The NEW dinar will be the currency that holds a higher exchange rate to the USD.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I keep re-reading the opening to the article. I see nothing that reflects the author as being an official voice of Iraq. Although what he says seems to indicate some of our lobsters graduated from his teachings...I see nothing to indicate he is anything more than another speculator...albiet an "in country" one.

Folks, I too think the article suggests similarities to what has come to be known as a LOP theory. Keep in mind it is just that...a theory. I personally take this article as an economic Professor's way of debating outcomes that a reporter decided to bring to print. I would love to see the same professor change his theory topic to an RV stance or even a break down of how he expects this "lifting" to unfold in real time (in the market place at point of simple purchases) considering the newly disclosed denoms to be printed.

Folks...this is theoretical jargon from one professor who is not government related or official...it is also a print in the news that I consider smoke. No...not sticking my head in the sand. Just choosing to ignore that which does not ultimately bring more value to the dinar making it "more powerful than the dollar". The new currency denoms being printed will be exchanged for old denoms at some future point and they are visibly devoid of excessive zeros. Currently, it is impossible to convert 1 IQD (new or old) into 1 dollar. Once the the new coin fils are released, it will take a pocket FULL of change to come close to 1 dollar.

No, even common sense should tell you there ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE A SiGNIFICANT REVAAAAAAALUUUUE before any such zero lifting is implimented(or new denoms..RD release)...if for no other reason that to make the most recent (and OFFICIAL) currency denoms viable.

Yes, my opinion. But I see nothing to support a "LOP" and feel it could have been done more than two years ago if indeed it was the solution as a stand alone measure. An RD perhaps after a revalue. Zeros can be dropped to encourage this "social exchange" the prof talks about but it will not be common sensical to reduce 30T to 30B without first revaluing the dinar itself. The very reason for this measure and it's use in the market place goes against the practical application if done before an RV.

I'm done here.B) GO RV(Keep...I know yer lurkin, Brother Man, he he he...what's your thoughts with the new denom info considered?)

Touche', Caught. Touche'.

laugh.gif Your right.....your 25k note will still be a 25k note, but it will take one of your 25k notes to equal one NEW 25 note......

The NEW dinar will be the currency that holds a higher exchange rate to the USD.....

Well, they already have 50 dinar notes in circulation. So you think when they bring out the new 50's they will not be the same face value as the older currency? I think they will be of equal value for a year or two until they retire the old currency.

I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable about money than I am, but I still don't think it will come down that way.

We shall soon see, I think!

• Upvote 1

Lol so now they are making a new 25000 dinar note. Keep pumping guru. Lol

Well, they already have 50 dinar notes in circulation. So you think when they bring out the new 50's they will not be the same face value as the older currency? I think they will be of equal value for a year or two until they retire the old currency.

I'm sure you are much more knowledgeable about money than I am, but I still don't think it will come down that way.

Well if they bring out the new 50 in the fashion the CBI has been mentioning, then they wont have the same value in or outside of Iraq.....it will be considered two different currencies....

I hope it doesnt go down that way either but that seems to be all that they are talking about sad.gif

Lol so now they are making a new 25000 dinar note. Keep pumping guru. Lol

How in the world did you come up with that from what I said?? I never said anything about printing a new 25k note laugh.gif

Is this randal on redbull and vodka again??

• Upvote 2

If they're both 50s, they both have the same face value. That's what face value is, it's just the number on the bill. The ACTUAL value will be different, if they RD. That's the point of an RD, delete the zeros, get rid of the huge bills, reduce the monetary supply, have an all new currency that's more in line with the rest of the world.

I wasn't aware stating a simple fact made one an RD guru.

Not a fact... Sorry

Your views are one possible outcome of a few. How sure are you KEEP?

You said that they are telling us what they will do. Do not forget China. SO what is real and what is BS?

I am curious who the Guru;s are these days on this site?

Let's all see how this goes and truely I hope you are wrong. I believe you are.

25,000 IQD will be traded at the 1170 rate

A new 25 note will be traded at 1.17 rate

So OLD 25,000 is equivilant to a NEW 25 in terms of USD value.

Face value remains the same, because you can't magically erase zeros from a note. In the event of a R/D, the value would not jump a 1,000 times.

It would still buy the same amount of goods/services before & after a re denomination. This particular topic seems to be continuously beaten to death ha ha!

Obviously we all aren't here to seek that type of outcome.. But the articles state otherwise, but obviously its either the truth or a great cover.

Because that's exactly what happens in an RD? If they RD by three zeros, their 30 trillion money supply is reduced to 30 billion.

Quite right. It is only redenominations that are discussed/debated prior to the event. No country in history has ever discussed revaluation/devaluation prior to the event.

Redenomination = no change in value. That does not mean to say a revaluation cannot come before or after the RD.

• Upvote 1

That's what it's worth right now, they don't need to make it worth that, it already is.

That's how an RD works. 50,000 OLD (current) dinar = 50 NEW dinar = 42 dollars.

I'd say maybe it seems like you're not familiar with what happens during a three zero RD, in which case I'd say your news sources haven't done a very good job.

Itll always be worth 25,000 OLD dinar. If they replace their currency it will likely only be worth 25 NEW dinar. To pretend that RDs don't exist or are not possible is just silly, they've happened over 50 times to currencies all over the world.

Look at Chinas economy right now and how strong it is. They RDd two or three times.

yes frank i carry wheel burrows full of money around here in the united states ..to buy grocereies ..

you dont understand once youve told all your friends and family that this will rv ..and they also are invested up to their ying yangs .. ya got to stick to your guns .. yes iraq is telling the world they will be giving everyone one million dollars if they buy 850 dollars worth of dinars today .. even the billionares .. but their not interested in that proposition .. only us smart people are buying it up ... how could i face all my friends that told me i was wrong and i argued on behalf of the gurus point of view .. how could i admit i have been snookered out of a couple grand .. ive been yelping about how im going to be rich for years now .. what am i to do .... do ya think there needs to be a 12 step program like alcoholics anonomymous.. to accept the things i cannot change ..and apologize to all i have hurt .. how can i get out of this mess?.. my mommy is home now i got to get off the internet ... see yall ..

• Upvote 1

"Listening to gurus on CCs probably isn't the best source of accurate, unbiased information"

Hi BigFrank, thanks for your reply. I don't listen to everyone's CC's....mostly IQD Team, Kaperoni, the Gatekeepers, Breitling, asdf (though I don't always care for his astrology and doomsday news), and sometimes Revalue.

"30 trillion -> 30 billion sure sounds like an RD to me. If what you're interpreting it as is true, it would be exactly the same as the CBI telling everyone there will be a massive RV. Do you really think they would do that?"

Well, most people seem to take it like you do, to mean scribble to last three zeros off the note and still use it. So they are educating their people, and scaring off potential speculators at the same time. And if they did it the way you say, then it would take 5 wheelbarrows of money instead of one to buy most stuff. And that wouldn't indicate a powerful currency and/or a growing economy, would it?

But thanks again for your reply, even though we disagree, you were civil!

I agree with you, if they just remove the zeroes and not increase the value of the dinar at the same time, then one would need a semi truck of currency to go buy a loaf of bread. Burning the currency to produce thermal BTUs from it would be of more value.

What is the point in this in a country that aims at having a competent middle eastern currency and thus an economic growth. A LOP in this case does not make sense to me. :twocents:

• Upvote 2

yes frank i carry wheel burrows full of money around here in the united states ..to buy grocereies ..

you dont understand once youve told all your friends and family that this will rv ..and they also are invested up to their ying yangs .. ya got to stick to your guns .. yes iraq is telling the world they will be giving everyone one million dollars if they buy 850 dollars worth of dinars today .. even the billionares .. but their not interested in that proposition .. only us smart people are buying it up ... how could i face all my friends that told me i was wrong and i argued on behalf of the gurus point of view .. how could i admit i have been snookered out of a couple grand .. ive been yelping about how im going to be rich for years now .. what am i to do .... do ya think there needs to be a 12 step program like alcoholics anonomymous.. to accept the things i cannot change ..and apologize to all i have hurt .. how can i get out of this mess?.. my mommy is home now i got to get off the internet ... see yall ..

Iraq is not, for years if ever, "cashing" us in after the revalue. After the banks exchange our dinar, of which most will forever remain in electronic form, it will end up in the U.S. Gov't pockets, where it will sit as part of the reserves, and later for oil. It would not happen that all these countries would bring the dinar to Iraq immediately and all at once and demand payment, because that would bankrupt the country, which is in no one's best interests.

I also don't think Iraq would be thought of as an important, relevant, up-and-coming powerhouse if they RIPPED everyone off who has IQD...all these countries that have already invested in Iraq's success, not to mention their own people who may have some hard-earned savings of their own.

Wow..... I like this article, it is reveling and should explain that there is more than one way to interpret the words they use when talking about the zeros, BTW these people are doing a study and IMO not in the know, I believe the GOI just wanted these people to do the research to make sure they are doing the right thing. That is why it is open ended but to me it puts the pieces together as they explain the differences and where they are in the process...

"The project to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency - the vision of reality"....reality, meaning the talk is about to stop, action now...

This next statement uses my new favorite word...urgent....and I think everyone is urgent to get this done...

the adoption of the deletion of three zeros from the national currency is an urgent need and necessary.

The concept of lifting of the zeroes ....the following tells me that there is more than one way to interprete the way these are meant to mean...... the one that we want and that has taken place IMO according to the article yesterday was the same as Shabibi uses when he talks about this and that is the removal of the zeros....by removing or deleting zeros or numbers of the old national currency...numbers IMO means numbers of what is removed from circulation, I'll explain more as you read....

Raise zeros or lifiting of the zeros Rename or delete the zeros or removing for delete zeros Are terms that refer to actions that would improve the situation of the national currency, by removing or deleting zeros or numbers of the old national currency, for various reasons are different countries.

This next part is IMO already taken care of, they needed to get the in-country currency in circulation down to 30 billion dinar and according to the article yesterday it looks like they have already done this and will start taking the remainder out as soon as they announce the RV and exchanging the new for the old. See the dinar that is held outside the country is going to be used for the following; dinar for oil as we have read in an article a few days ago, traded between countries paying off debt or reserve currency.

At the horizontal level: Delete the three zeroes Leads to convert 30 trillion dinars to 30 billion dinars by deleting three zeros from the currency and replace the current in order to facilitate the process of dealing arithmetic

I just love this part....

Researcher pointed out that the process of changing the currency to achieve the following benefits

1 - Strengthen the confidence of the code symbols of national sovereignty of the country

2 - Enhancing confidence in national currency, the citizen

3 - Facilitate trade within the country

4 - Re-use coins

I see this as being true because you are about to RV...

The expected positive effects of the process of changing the currency

This says they are ready and have everything they need....

It is an important step to reform the monetary and currency management system reform, as well as enhance the confidence of the citizen and investor in the national economy, especially with the continued effectiveness of monetary policy, as well as from the positive effects of the process of changing the currency is to end the phenomenon of the state in daily transactions, and the introduction of modern techniques in daily dealings

• Upvote 3

Good morning everyone.....what a morning already...just thinking about where we are right now...

........IQD down to manageable amounts in-country for an RV....and then we find out this...

..........USD left to Iran causing urgency to get 4 companies to print the new currency.......

...all I can do to keep my feet on the ground right now....and I've not hit on all the other stuff....

• Upvote 1

Good morning everyone.....what a morning already...just thinking about where we are right now...

........IQD down to manageable amounts in-country for an RV....and then we find out this...

..........USD left to Iran causing urgency to get 4 companies to print the new currency.......

...all I can do to keep my feet on the ground right now....and I've not hit on all the other stuff....

This is another morning that is going from good morning to great morning! :)