Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why the RV is still a couple of years out...

I mean no disrespect to you either, Tim, but your modus operandi is to be negative, and you are obviously intelligent, so you can think of a plethora of ways to throw cold water on everyones' dreams. Since you have done this ever since I first came to DV, I can only assume you are driven to see only the negative, and to call your view just being "realistic." But it is just as realistic to see the possiblity of an RV tomorrow as it is to see it in two years, especially since the Iraqi government, Maliki, and others now seem so driven to get all the necessary steps taken and all the necessary things done fast. I remember watching what Maliki and Allawi did when they danced around each other at Christmas in 2010, and wondering then if this RV could ever happen. But an incredible amount has changed since then, and they are actually showing us that they really can get things done when they want to do so. Sure, there are a very few things that are not absolutely finished, lacking only one or two tiny steps to complete, but I think all of that will be completed all at once, and it will immediately will be followed by the RV. As to your constant harangue about the RV not happening for a couple of years, it makes me feel like you are afraid of it. I don't pretend to understand that, but you need to remember that you'll be alright. Just richer, that's all.

Also, Tim, don't underestimate the Iraqi people. They have adjusted to so much, more than most of us can even imagine. They will catch on to this quickly once it happens. We would if it were us. Just imagine the dollar changing in value suddenly, actually overnight, and how all of us would have to get used to it fast. We could do it, and so can they.

I have faith in the Iraqi people as well, and believe wholeheartedly that they could handle the changes as they occur.

But quite frankly, I'm not so sure us Americans could handle it so well. Lest we not forget that we were the morons of the world that couldn't handle the conversion to the metric system.

• Upvote 2

I mean no disrespect to you either, Tim, but your modus operandi is to be negative, and you are obviously intelligent, so you can think of a plethora of ways to throw cold water on everyones' dreams. Since you have done this ever since I first came to DV, I can only assume you are driven to see only the negative, and to call your view just being "realistic." But it is just as realistic to see the possiblity of an RV tomorrow as it is to see it in two years, especially since the Iraqi government, Maliki, and others now seem so driven to get all the necessary steps taken and all the necessary things done fast. I remember watching what Maliki and Allawi did when they danced around each other at Christmas in 2010, and wondering then if this RV could ever happen. But an incredible amount has changed since then, and they are actually showing us that they really can get things done when they want to do so. Sure, there are a very few things that are not absolutely finished, lacking only one or two tiny steps to complete, but I think all of that will be completed all at once, and it will immediately will be followed by the RV. As to your constant harangue about the RV not happening for a couple of years, it makes me feel like you are afraid of it. I don't pretend to understand that, but you need to remember that you'll be alright. Just richer, that's all.

Also, Tim, don't underestimate the Iraqi people. They have adjusted to so much, more than most of us can even imagine. They will catch on to this quickly once it happens. We would if it were us. Just imagine the dollar changing in value suddenly, actually overnight, and how all of us would have to get used to it fast. We could do it, and so can they.

Really? What would happen if the dollar increased in value? A $1 RV would mean that IQD would increase in value times 858. The average American could buy all kinds of things overseas, but we could not export our products. The Japanese who are waiting to buy the new iPad would see the price jump from $899 to $771,342. They wouldn't be able to afford it. South Korea would then own the Japanese market with the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. In fact, Americans could buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32Gb for 58 cents before sales tax.

Your dreams of becoming stinking wealthy overnight without any effort on your part, would have major implications on the people of Iraq.

You sure are negative about Tim's negativity. Allow him to dream the way he wants to dream; with reality.

You and others try to censure those that brings any anti-RV perspective to this forum. This forum is just for that. Opinions, etc. If you disagree with what Tim says, then openly disagree and bring something of substance to the discussion.

You are attacking the person. I would like to see you contend with Tim's statements.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Really? What would happen if the dollar increased in value? A $1 RV would mean that IQD would increase in value times 858. The average American could buy all kinds of things overseas, but we could not export our products. The Japanese who are waiting to buy the new iPad would see the price jump from $899 to $771,342. They wouldn't be able to afford it. South Korea would then own the Japanese market with the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. In fact, Americans could buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32Gb for 58 cents before sales tax.

Your dreams of becoming stinking wealthy overnight without any effort on your part, would have major implications on the people of Iraq.

You sure are negative about Tim's negativity. Allow him to dream the way he wants to dream; with reality.

You and others try to censure those that brings any anti-RV perspective to this forum. This forum is just for that. Opinions, etc. If you disagree with what Tim says, then openly disagree and bring something of substance to the discussion.

You are attacking the person. I would like to see you contend with Tim's statements.

Huh???

It takes thousands of dinar to buy daily necessities. Their currency is undervalued and needs a correction. Simple!

They are the ones who cant buy the Ipad it would take a dump truck of dinar at todays exchange!

Quad

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing that if Apple had boatloads of unsold $700K Ipads on their hands they might decrease the price untill they sold them. The market will out and commerce will adapt.

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

Im still positive about this investment .

Perfect reply

Quad B)

• Upvote 2

Huh???

It takes thousands of dinar to buy daily necessities. Their currency is undervalued and needs a correction. Simple!

They are the ones who cant buy the Ipad it would take a dump truck of dinar at todays exchange!

Quad

The monthly median income after taxes in Iraq is $528 which equates to 615,120 IQD. An Iraqi who makes 615,120 IQD then can turn around and CASH IN for US$615,120?

In Japan, 10,000 Yen equals about US$100. It's not 1 for 1, but the Japanese are not hurting financially. A Dinar is not a Dollar.

Let's RV the Iraqi Dinar. Iraq sells a barrel of oil for $112. That means that barrel of oil would fetch 112 IQD. 2 lbs of chicken breast cost over 5,000 IQD. Either the chicken breast must decrease in price or the oil must increase.

The Iraqi Dinar is not undervalued, it just has little value.

I'm sure you could ask economist at any college or university and they could give you their unbiased expert advise. Ask them what would happen to country "A" if their currency RV'd at 1,000 times its current rate. Ask them what would happen if it only doubled. Don't mention the Iraqi Dinar.

Do you accept the challenge?

No one knows

smile.gif Yes, that is correct~ Well, except the guys that do! laugh.giflaugh.gif

The enormity of large notes out there, the lower denom's coming out, their desire to maintain control by keeping their people 'average class' instead over overnight millionaires, inflation, and other issues, seems to bolster the .10 usd initial exchange rate that Adam has mentioned, imo. Furthermore, I'm not buying this angle that since the Iraqi's are uneducated, they will need a lot of time to rethink their commerce. B.S. I've not been to Iraq, but have lived in other countries where the open markets and haggling down to the last penny was the daily life. I'm sure these people are very shrewd and will pick up on the new exchange rate and values with lightening speed. Lest we forget, there have been people in our own country who have had no formal education, yet have amassed millions and produced thriving businesses through nothing more than a strong will and 's

• Upvote 1

I have faith in the Iraqi people as well, and believe wholeheartedly that they could handle the changes as they occur.

But quite frankly, I'm not so sure us Americans could handle it so well. Lest we not forget that we were the morons of the world that couldn't handle the conversion to the metric system.

Well, call me moron then, because I never could quite grasp that concept. I had gallons and pints, etc. down, and that was as far as my mind would go on that train. haha

Well, Jackster. I've contended with Tim's statements before, several times, and he knows it. I am not going to re-argue the same points with him any further. So I suggest you find someone else who is willing to go down that same old road over and over. I've already done it until I'm sick and tired of it and I won't do it again.

The enormity of large notes out there, the lower denom's coming out, their desire to maintain control by keeping their people 'average class' instead over overnight millionaires, inflation, and other issues, seems to bolster the .10 usd initial exchange rate that Adam has mentioned, imo. Furthermore, I'm not buying this angle that since the Iraqi's are uneducated, they will need a lot of time to rethink their commerce. B.S. I've not been to Iraq, but have lived in other countries where the open markets and haggling down to the last penny was the daily life. I'm sure these people are very shrewd and will pick up on the new exchange rate and values with lightening speed. Lest we forget, there have been people in our own country who have had no formal education, yet have amassed millions and produced thriving businesses through nothing more than a strong will and 'street smarts'. wink.gif

[/

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you just said because I'm unable to get past your picture! SO.....I'll agree~ laugh.giflaugh.gifunsure.gif

I'm guessing that if Apple had boatloads of unsold $700K Ipads on their hands they might decrease the price untill they sold them. The market will out and commerce will adapt.

They would decrease their value from $799 to 93 cents. That would be proportionate to the Dinar RV.

Oh Snap! I would like to say in my defense.....I do know how much a litre of Coke is so I'm not a TOTAL moron. :lol:

Man, i respect the post that is on top of this post, very much, you guys, girls, are on top of this now, Wow.

Very Imprested, with some of the Knowlege, homework, effert, searching, TIME, that there is right here on this page, is unreal, I think.

Again, WOW. There will be books writin, about the Dinar, you can bet on that. Now, where was we.???? It's really cool.

Good Job ya-all

I wil respectfully disagree Tim. You have to ask yourself are they gonna wait 2 more years to issue out the lower denoms plus inflation. Answer is NO. When those LD's hit the streets its a wrap Tim they MUST revalue their currency theres no other way around it. Whats the point of coming out with lower denoms and having no value on them? its pointless. The time is this year and thats my story and im sticking to it.

:twothumbs::tiphat:

• Upvote 1

They can RV low now, i.e. $0.10, continue to use the USD along with the dinar and put a cash in time for the 3 zero notes, a 50 dinar is now worth $5 after $0.10 revalue. With this understanding they can call the zero notes in prior to releasing the LD's, once the time limit is up for the 3 zero notes they come out with the LD's and revalue the currency again to $1.00 USD and then let it go on a managed float. As far as pricing is concerned they must have the pricing with the USD figure now. Once they put the LD's out they can leave the USD price on the goods and then begin to put the new dinar price on it. Once that is done they pass laws to use only the dinar in country and get rid of the USD along with the price. This way they have a smooth transition to using only dinar.

:twocents:

The way most of us wants to see the RV happen is like this.....CBI announces a new $1 per dinar exchange rate less a fixed spread. To keep things simple, we'll say they will hold that rate for 6 months to give time to get all the large note out of circulation....after that, the big notes are worthless. This discourages holding onto the big bills in hopes of reaping a larger exchange rate down the road and so the CBI will know exactly where they stand after those 6 months. So, unless you are not too bright or out of touch with civilization everyone will exchange their dinar within those 6 months. My guess is the dinar will not trade on the Forex until at least after the 6 month period. Then depending upon how the CBI wants to regulate the future rate...fixed or managed float or as the market dictates if they choose that route on the Forex......this really does not matter as far as the initial RV is concerned. That's all speculation and another story....but for our sake, let's concentrate on the initial RV.

So let's say you have 1 million dinar....you go to a bank that is participating in the Iraqi dinar RV and get your $1 million dollars less spread deposited into your new account once the dinar is authenticated as being real. You're happy, it's finally over and you move on with your life....right :D

What about the average Iraqi citizen...how does the RV work for them? If they have 1 miilion dinar in their mattress or bank account....what do they do? They don't go to an Iraqi bank and exchange their dinar for $1 million US or ask that their bank account reflect dollars instead of dinar...do they? NO. What they do now have is a dinar that has much more purchasing power. If a car cost 20,000,000 dinar (about $20,000us) before the RV, it now costs only 20,000 dinar (about $20,000) after the RV. The Iraqi can buy a lot more with his dinar post RV.

Here's my point.....in order for all this to happen, the Iraqis must get educated and everything has to be ready to get repriced....over night. All this activity is not something easily hidden and kept under wraps. Otherwise, there would be chaos in Iraq after an RV. Who would be looking out for the Iraqis to make sure they aren't getting ripped off by Iraqi businesses the day after an RV. remember this...the RV is for the benefit of the Iraqi people, not foreign investors such as us. The GOI should be looking to take care of the public to make sure all goes smooth for their citizens. As far as I can tell after talking to freinds and others who live in Iraq.....none of this education and price adjustment preparation is taking place now.

I've simplified this as much as possible in hopes of making it easy to understand.....but in my humble opinion, since none of this in country prep seems to be underway I don't see the RV happening for a year or two. :o

Comments welcome ;)

Thanks for your input OP,but I strongly believe you to be mistaken.

first of all I do not believe the current financial system itself has even a year to live;let alone another 2 or 3 to wait for Iraq.

The elites will either use this RV to line their own pockets (and ours for a short time),or screw us all over royally by selling us a currency that will never RV and then crash the global economy.Either one is possible,but I am surely hoping for number one of course.And please be aware that even if we do get a decent RV you are deluding yourselves if you think you can buy luxurious things and live high off the hog for years with this money.I believe it will be a shortly lived blessing that is intended to be used to get out of debt and help yourself and others prepare.

And secondly your assumptions are based on the false premise that the NWO actually cares about the future of Iraq or it's people.These same evil people have no qualms about destroying America by printing up more than 15 trillion dollars of un backed currency.What makes you think you can trust 'official numbers' to guess if Iraq can afford to RV.Of course they might not be fiscally able to afford a 1 dollar plus RV at once.But that won't stop the elite from destroying Iraq and the worlds economy if it benefits them

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your input OP,but I strongly believe you to be mistaken.

first of all I do not believe the current financial system itself has even a year to live;let alone another 2 or 3 to wait for Iraq.

The elites will either use this RV to line their own pockets (and ours for a short time),or screw us all over royally by selling us a currency that will never RV and then crash the global economy.Either one is possible,but I am surely hoping for number one of course.And please be aware that even if we do get a decent RV you are deluding yourselves if you think you can buy luxurious things and live high off the hog for years with this money.I believe it will be a shortly lived blessing that is intended to be used to get out of debt and help yourself and others prepare.

And secondly your assumptions are based on the false premise that the NWO actually cares about the future of Iraq or it's people.These same evil people have no qualms about destroying America by printing up more than 15 trillion dollars of un backed currency.What makes you think you can trust 'official numbers' to guess if Iraq can afford to RV.Of course they might not be fiscally able to afford a 1 dollar plus RV at once.But that won't stop the elite from destroying Iraq and the worlds economy if it benefits them

and I thought I was a pessimist ;) It'll never happen because in December 2012 the world will end anyway :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and I thought I was a pessimist ;) It'll never happen because in December 2012 the world will end anyway :D

I have no idea what is in store for the world on December 21st 2012,if anything at all.

But I do know that these people are working tirelessly behind the scenes to bring in their global government,while most of us live our complacent lives in ignorance.

Doing research even in the mainstream media it's obvious that war with Iran is inevitable.Also this conflict is not coincidence,it is being orchestrated by the elite to start a war in the middle east that will probably lead to a third world war.

All of this has been pre planned by the NWO long before they carried out the attacks on the WTC in 2001.Carrying out attacks on civilian and military targets with the help of their elite agencies like the CIA and Mossad and blaming it on others;are one of their favorite methods of propaganda to sway public opinion to fulfill their goals.The mainstream media that they own helps keep people brainwashed and conditioned to their way of thinking.Sorry but it's futile to try and argue that fiscal responsibilities or the concern for Iraq and it's citizens will keep them from doing as they please.They make the rules,not abide by them.

The way most of us wants to see the RV happen is like this.....CBI announces a new $1 per dinar exchange rate less a fixed spread. To keep things simple, we'll say they will hold that rate for 6 months to give time to get all the large note out of circulation....after that, the big notes are worthless. This discourages holding onto the big bills in hopes of reaping a larger exchange rate down the road and so the CBI will know exactly where they stand after those 6 months. So, unless you are not too bright or out of touch with civilization everyone will exchange their dinar within those 6 months. My guess is the dinar will not trade on the Forex until at least after the 6 month period. Then depending upon how the CBI wants to regulate the future rate...fixed or managed float or as the market dictates if they choose that route on the Forex......this really does not matter as far as the initial RV is concerned. That's all speculation and another story....but for our sake, let's concentrate on the initial RV.

So let's say you have 1 million dinar....you go to a bank that is participating in the Iraqi dinar RV and get your $1 million dollars less spread deposited into your new account once the dinar is authenticated as being real. You're happy, it's finally over and you move on with your life....right :D

What about the average Iraqi citizen...how does the RV work for them? If they have 1 miilion dinar in their mattress or bank account....what do they do? They don't go to an Iraqi bank and exchange their dinar for $1 million US or ask that their bank account reflect dollars instead of dinar...do they? NO. What they do now have is a dinar that has much more purchasing power. If a car cost 20,000,000 dinar (about $20,000us) before the RV, it now costs only 20,000 dinar (about $20,000) after the RV. The Iraqi can buy a lot more with his dinar post RV.

Here's my point.....in order for all this to happen, the Iraqis must get educated and everything has to be ready to get repriced....over night. All this activity is not something easily hidden and kept under wraps. Otherwise, there would be chaos in Iraq after an RV. Who would be looking out for the Iraqis to make sure they aren't getting ripped off by Iraqi businesses the day after an RV. remember this...the RV is for the benefit of the Iraqi people, not foreign investors such as us. The GOI should be looking to take care of the public to make sure all goes smooth for their citizens. As far as I can tell after talking to freinds and others who live in Iraq.....none of this education and price adjustment preparation is taking place now.

I've simplified this as much as possible in hopes of making it easy to understand.....but in my humble opinion, since none of this in country prep seems to be underway I don't see the RV happening for a year or two. :o

Comments welcome ;)

Errrr...isn't this why they are issuing a credit card system in exchange for the dinar paper so all transactions will be easier and can be tracked electronically to avoid or track any type of transactional ripoff or fraud???? Thats my understanding. Thats why they are getting ATM systems in place. :lol:

• Upvote 1

TimS

I find most of what U said to be very accurate , but the 6 month window U state, they stated would be 1 year and it would be fixed for 1 year. Time will Tell on that , but thats what they stated. RV time line I don't see as 1 or 2 years away, they just printed the new currency articles are in the forums from this last week. If I just printed currency I wouldn't put it out 2 years later :lol:. CBI plans on putting this new currency out in Sept of this year so they say. They are also stating that they want a new fiscal year to start the new exchange rate for them that is Oct. In my Humble opinion the RV will be around Sept to Jan 1st 2013 from all that they are stating and accomplishing . Chap 7 and HCL could very well be done by the end of this month , and they are training the people for the new currency. I've seen multiple TV news in Iraq going out to the people on this issue.

All in All Great Job on your opinion for the rest of it , it was right on the money if there is no Lop which I very seriously doubt there will be in there case, but it's still possible!!!

:P;)B)

• Upvote 1

I think an rv will happen when the smaller denoms are released.

My fear is that when it's time for Iraq to change a 25K note for 25, they THEN adjust exchange at 1:1 or hgher

leaving us with a break-even or slightly better scenario.

I know this is a lop but ..... sure hope it ain't so.