Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Iraqi government decides to consider a daily 28 to 29 of this March a public holiday to coincide with the Arab summit

JustNTime

Interesting. I won't say that I have an inklling of a full understanding of ME culture, but with adding more holidays, they are in character. That is a good thing. We know what to expect. No surprise.

There is a mystery breakthrough here. We now know how long the term "coming days" is. It cannot be longer than two weeks. "...Secretariat would issue a statement officially so in the coming days...". This article is dated the 14th, and the holiday will begin the 28th, 14 days or two weeks.

I would also think that this will be a time for the country's celebration due to UN sanctions will be lifted and they will be a completely sovereign country, the US has departed, their currency will be revalued, budgets for projects for improvement, infrastruce, and employment are initiated, and they will once again be aligned with their neighboring countries in unaminity.

Happy Holidays. B)

I believe it's "unanimity" from the root "unanimus" - but we'll let you go on that Carello given your magnificent breakdown of the message.... :P

Edited by hame55

Interesting. I won't say that I have an inklling of a full understanding of ME culture, but with adding more holidays, they are in character. That is a good thing. We know what to expect. No surprise.

There is a mystery breakthrough here. We now know how long the term "coming days" is. It cannot be longer than two weeks. "...Secretariat would issue a statement officially so in the coming days...". This article is dated the 14th, and the holiday will begin the 28th, 14 days or two weeks.

I would also think that this will be a time for the country's celebration due to UN sanctions will be lifted and they will be a completely sovereign country, the US has departed, their currency will be revalued, budgets for projects for improvement, infrastruce, and employment are initiated, and they will once again be aligned with their neighboring countries in unaminity.

Happy Holidays. cool.gif

With all due respect, there have been numerous articles in the past several months that stated "in the coming days" the rate would be changed....obviously it does not mean "in two weeks."

You did, the party! wink.gif

I can't start partying yet, because if I have to wait till Sept or even longer I'll be all partied out. Been there, done that, for YEARS! No more getting high hopes anymore until it happens...the main necessities are not done yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Carello...sweetly spoken. You are eloquent and a breath of fresh air after the stench of burnt lopster on the grill lately...LOL ;)

TY. I know, I am a vegetarian myself. B)

I also considered this new holiday when the boys come to town may also be a way of keeping people off the streets and in their homes. I don't know if on holidays all business's close down. I was thinking a safety issue might be their motivation. Pretty creative way to keep the streets safe and the only ones noted on the streets are those up to no good, shuffling around with their bombs.

Excellent point, Maestro, and if true, an excellent strategy.

Proclamation: I hereby now pronounce a Carrello Holiday within the Carrello Home from March 14 through March 18. My car may not be driven, the freezer must be filled with Ben & Jerry's, the remote must have fresh batteries, a stack of my favorite books must be within reach, my dog must walk and feed herself, and no work of any kind will be allowed within the Carrello Home during said period, If the Iraq RV takes places prior to March 18, all holiday limitations are lifted and you are free to move about the cabin.

I am ready. B)

I believe it's "unanimity" from the root "unanimus" - but we'll let you go on that Carello given your magnificent breakdown of the message.... :P

You are right, and I stand corrected. Thank you. B)

UN has not set a meeting to even discuss Ch 7 until June, 2012 (I've searched high and low, trust me), HCL is not completed, and the budget is not even in the Gazette yet. Did I miss something here?

jas428, with all due respect, do you really think the United Nations would hold up this world-changing event over a meeting date? Moves have been made in the past few days that indicate the HCL is probably done, and the government is spending money on projects in the Budget hand over fist. Gazette? Gazette what. Nothing has been published in the Gazette for a long time until recently, and I mean recently.

• Upvote 5

Proclamation: I hereby now pronounce a Carrello Holiday within the Carrello Home from March 14 through March 18. My car may not be driven, the freezer must be filled with Ben & Jerry's, the remote must have fresh batteries, a stack of my favorite books must be within reach, my dog must walk and feed herself, and no work of any kind will be allowed within the Carrello Home during said period, If the Iraq RV takes places prior to March 18, all holiday limitations are lifted and you are free to move about the cabin.

I am ready.

Put on "Lovin Spoonful", What a Day for a Day Dream.......sweet. ;)

With all due respect, there have been numerous articles in the past several months that stated "in the coming days" the rate would be changed....obviously it does not mean "in two weeks."

I can't start partying yet, because if I have to wait till Sept or even longer I'll be all partied out. Been there, done that, for YEARS! No more getting high hopes anymore until it happens...the main necessities are not done yet.

I do not recall numerous articles in the past few months that stated coming days. Maybe the past week, but maybe I am wrong.

I do not recall numerous articles in the past few months that stated coming days. Maybe the past week, but maybe I am wrong.

Forever they said soon. And we know "Soon" for them is one of these days or sometime after that. We kidded Iraq about "soon" until it got on their nerves. So maybe someone in PR thought, "Well they are making fun of us and our term "soon", let's change it to "coming days", yea that's the ticket. Then after we have said "coming days" for 100 articles, we will change it to, "days coming". Yea they will be all over that. It will keep them busy trying to figure out when they can party in LV.

• Upvote 1

I like that better. Badda Bing!

Ditto on the Badda Bing, morning zig and Carrello.....

Do we have everything ready for the hoedown?

Ice Cream.....check

Spoons.........check

Camels.........check

Pink Bra........check

BBQ.............check

Beer.............check

Well the rest is a given.....:lol: :lol: :lol::unsure: ....or am I missing anything....

• Upvote 1

Ice Cream.....check

Spoons.........check

Camels.........check

Pink Bra........check

BBQ.............check

Beer.............check

Well the rest is a given.....:lol: :lol: :lol::unsure: ....or am I missing anything....

GM Stryker....it looks like you have remembered everything but the RV . But that is coming soon.

• Upvote 1

"Secretariat would issue a statement officially so in the coming days"

I thought Secretariat died many years ago.....Greatest athlete ever born.

Why not declare a couple more holidays? How many will that make 196?

While I would love to get caught up in the celebration and the hype of the upcoming Summit, I cannot let myself rush out to buy more dinars or reserves because of a very logical explanation of why the rv will happen by mm/dd/yyyy (fill in your own date from the last 10 mos).... June when 1303 expires....August before Ramadan....Sept after Ramadan...November for last's years budget....end of december when the troops leave....etc, etc, etc. All very logical and very believable for one who has a lot riding on the RV.

With that being said, believe me, I am totally convinced in the logic behind RV before or as part of the Summit. Really would go a long way in convincing the Arabic world (the whole world for that matter) that Iraq has been reborn and will lead the world. Boy does that make sense...a whole bunch of sense....hmmm, maybe i will just buy a mil reserve...NOT

My logic and Iraq's logic have proven to be 180 degrees apart....I think I'd better just wait on my text message from Adam.....and count my blessings when it does!

Ice Cream.....check

Spoons.........check

Camels.........check

Pink Bra........check

BBQ.............check

Beer.............check

Tequilla & Herb Albert B)

I thought Secretariat died many years ago.....Greatest athlete ever born.

Why not declare a couple more holidays? How many will that make 196?

While I would love to get caught up in the celebration and the hype of the upcoming Summit, I cannot let myself rush out to buy more dinars or reserves because of a very logical explanation of why the rv will happen by mm/dd/yyyy (fill in your own date from the last 10 mos).... June when 1303 expires....August before Ramadan....Sept after Ramadan...November for last's years budget....end of december when the troops leave....etc, etc, etc. All very logical and very believable for one who has a lot riding on the RV.

With that being said, believe me, I am totally convinced in the logic behind RV before or as part of the Summit. Really would go a long way in convincing the Arabic world (the whole world for that matter) that Iraq has been reborn and will lead the world. Boy does that make sense...a whole bunch of sense....hmmm, maybe i will just buy a mil reserve...NOT

My logic and Iraq's logic have proven to be 180 degrees apart....I think I'd better just wait on my text message from Adam.....and count my blessings when it does!

Great post. My feelings exactly. I've been 'fooled' before by those logical reasons why it should have happened in the past 8 months but the timing of the Arab Summit and the speed that things are taking place sure seems to spell "RV". If it doesn't happen by the end of this months then I'm kind of lost about what it takes for this to finally happen.