Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

VeloFemme33 "Allawi Twitter" - Post By Highhopes PTR Forum 01/29/2012

Papster

VeloFemme33 "Allawi Twitter" - Post By Highhopes PTR Forum

01/29/2012

Post at 7:42 AM January 29

From our own Velofemme33 who also could not sleep: THANKS VeloFemme33!! THIS IS SO COOL!!

Not sure where to post this since it is Twitter, not an article, so hope this is the proper place. Its 4 am here on the West Coast. I couldn't sleep and my little voice said to check on Twitter to see if Allawi had any updates. He did! He updated about an hour ago, here's what he had to say:

Ayad Allawi

1 hr - Will be holding a meeting with the Iraqiah leadership and its MPs at 2pm Baghdad time which will be followed by a live press conference.

https://twitter.com/#!/AyadAllawi

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Call me madcap, ...but does anyone else wonder why a government official of another country, ....who btw speaks the language of that country..... would decide to now speak in English, with better translation into English than any international newspaper has ever ever been able to translate into English???? AND.... with exceptional English colloquialism specific to USA texting practice?????

In reading about services and basic human needs being ignored, I apparently missed the part that all Iraqis now have cell phones or computers with which they follow their government.... in intimately following an official who chooses to speak in a foreign language they can't understand.....

Does anyone.... anyone with this idiotic belief, also think that perhaps Tim Geitner (sp?) is tweeting in Arabic to all the Iraqis who now apparently have cell phones and computers (plugged into current bushes, for 2 hours of electricity)..... so they can follow the US economic policy and proceedings,????

• Upvote 7

Allawi, the ex Baathist party assassin, speaks English as freely as we do, he has spent a significant period of time living in the UK so tweeting in English is not unusual.

The audience I imagine would be predominantly English based as Twitter will not be widespread in Iraq.

The purpose of his tweet is peculiar though. Whats the point?

Iraqis seem to have meetings just to decide when the next meeting will be anyway.

He also seems to be intent on keeping the govt hamstrung so democracy cannot work. I don't believe he has any true interest in seeing a prosperous Iraq.

The middle east is a strange place.

• Upvote 1

That is one of the most extraordinary sides to Allawi I really don't get. He is a British educated neurosurgeon who charmed so many when he lived in London, a real pussycat apparently, although someone didn't think so when they stuck an axe in his head and nearly cut off his right leg at his home in leafy suburban Surrey back in the 70's!! Then the stories about him being in cahoots with Saddam, makes you wonder if he has an excessively split personality.....and he obviously not an idiot. So I am going for the insanity vote. Fine line between genius and madness, so people keep telling me :lol:

• Upvote 4

That is one of the most extraordinary sides to Allawi I really don't get. He is a British educated neurosurgeon who charmed so many when he lived in London, a real pussycat apparently, although someone didn't think so when they stuck an axe in his head and nearly cut off his right leg at his home in leafy suburban Surrey back in the 70's!! Then the stories about him being in cahoots with Saddam, makes you wonder if he has an excessively split personality.....and he obviously not an idiot. So I am going for the insanity vote. Fine line between genius and madness, so people keep telling me :lol:

I wonder how he was tweeted by Saddam back then. Were they friends?

Allawi, the ex Baathist party assassin, speaks English as freely as we do, he has spent a significant period of time living in the UK so tweeting in English is not unusual.

The audience I imagine would be predominantly English based as Twitter will not be widespread in Iraq.

The purpose of his tweet is peculiar though. Whats the point?

Webup.....I see that my sentence structure didn't well convey what I meant..... I am aware that he himself speaks English (and still have no doubt that it is not him tweeting).... Said differently, .....I fluently speak several languages, and if I were wanting to reach out to the people of my country / the USA, I would not tweet in Italian... I would tweet in English...... And if I did tweet in Italian, I would very likely miss the colloquialism, if not the nomenclature of texting in that language, specific to that country......

If you go and look at what is purported to be Allawi speaking, (in tweet), you will note that the person tweeting is: English, first language, and USA English..... NOT UK English in structure, spelling or..... several other very key indicators.......

I'm not sure by your comment that you either agree or disagree, ...... but yes, in addition to the above, your point it well taken as to the purpose of such tweets?......

Whatever it is.....I dont get the impression that in some existentialist moment of disenfranchisement Allawi decided to reach out in English to English speaking people in Iraq with the hope they would intervene, by whatever mechanism, such that he would prevail with the government (GOI).....??

I'm following Allawi on Twitter. He just posted a picture of his new hair doo! Hahahahaha! He's crazy.... that freakin' guy!!!

Alex!! ....Snap out of it buddy !!! ..... Please, ......give me hope in this crazy world of ours....and tell me you don't really think its Allawi tweeting :o:o

:lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

If someone stuck an ax in my head, I believe my personality would be split also....ouch! :blink:

• Upvote 3

Below is Another Example of completely insane posting by PTR!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Bluwolf Update - 01/30/2012_Posted Monday, 10:19 PM

bluwolf] All I will say is that everything is going well (YGBSM!!)- that you will be surprised by the rates, that the dong is in play

that it is programmed to come out briefly and that you are to be called millionaires as of this moment pending cash in.

I will say that we are seeing a rate on all Puerto Rican banks (Maybe this is supported by one of his oft-quoted and never named 3-letter agencies: like the CSA [Cub Scouts of America] . . .or maybe the CAP [Civil Air Patrol]. . .or MAYBE even the MMC [Mickey Mouse Club]). Good night and God bless all. Oh I have always been serious. You will be surprised that is all BLUWOLF - 7pm CST

Call me madcap, ...but does anyone else wonder why a government official of another country, ....who btw speaks the language of that country..... would decide to now speak in English, with better translation into English than any international newspaper has ever ever been able to translate into English???? AND.... with exceptional English colloquialism specific to USA texting practice?????

In reading about services and basic human needs being ignored, I apparently missed the part that all Iraqis now have cell phones or computers with which they follow their government.... in intimately following an official who chooses to speak in a foreign language they can't understand.....

Does anyone.... anyone with this idiotic belief, also think that perhaps Tim Geitner (sp?) is tweeting in Arabic to all the Iraqis who now apparently have cell phones and computers (plugged into current bushes, for 2 hours of electricity)..... so they can follow the US economic policy and proceedings,????

Allawi has spent the better part of his life in England....... Is this really him????? Who knows....... Is it possible...... Why not!!!!

i wouldnt believe anything ptr puts out nothing they have ever said has come to pass nothing but pumpers!!

Sager at PTR puts this out and he is in no way a PUMPER........

I have only ventured back to DV in the last couple of days and after reading several of your posts I am reminded of a wise old saying........ it's better to remain quiet and allow people to think your stupid than it is to start typing and prove it.......................