Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

'Fire or suspend': Trump attacks NFL protesters as players kneel in London

umbertino

These clueless players have no idea the damage they're doing to our past,  present, and future patriotic veterans,  BLACK's as well as other race, culture, religion faught for their country's freedoms, for what, so that these coward players can get down on there knees and cry they are the victims.  Little do they know they've turned the tide and now our military of all branches, dead or alive are the victims of this inequality injustice.

I no longer watch any team who dishonor our flag, and anthem, our veterans  no matter the sport.  

Edited by patrickgold
  • Upvote 11

Agreed... Indy, Tex, and Patrick...

Theses players don't even have the courage or decency to formulate and articulate a specific issue to protest.  To simply "protest" some sort of general "inequality" or "social injustice", or "whatever"... is the weakest-minded form of kumbaya expression, meant only to stir the pot and fan the flames of division.  What is their message... individually, or as a "group"?!!!  Reminds me of the "Occupy Protests"... no one could articulate it... and it dissolved... as it should.

These "citizens" should be ashamed of themselves... of their ignorance toward the Constitution, and their inadequacy  to create a true narrative.

WHAT is their message?

• Upvote 10

They have the right to voice or demonstrate their feelings. 

They also have the responsibility to accept the consequences of those actions. 

Sports events are not, in my opinion, the proper place to act out on those feelings. 

They make enough money to buy air time and do a commercial. 

• Upvote 5

The idiocy of protesting the American Flag and the National Anthem, while making $millions and not considering the economic and business process that enabled your spoiled Ar$$ to live greater than most Americans could only dream about, will be the downfall of sports. Keep politics and SJWs out of sports...it is not the proper venue and place for protest, no matter the cause. 

Indy 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Indraman said:

The idiocy of protesting the American Flag and the National Anthem, while making $millions and not considering the economic and business process that enabled your spoiled Ar$$ to live greater than most Americans could only dream about, will be the downfall of sports. Keep politics and SJWs out of sports...it is not the proper venue and place for protest, no matter the cause. 

Indy 

" Keep politics and SJWs out of sports...it is not the proper venue and place for protest, no matter the cause. "

Agreed. The politicization of everything is destroying us in many ways. I may not agree with ones reason for

peaceful protest, but that right should be supported or it will come back to bite us in the ass.

• Upvote 2

I support the right to a peaceful protest, by all means.  But when violence and destruction is incorporated with it, the peaceful protest loses it right to protest. 

What gets me is why doesn't the media, athletes and celebrities allow President Trump to voice is right to his opinion?   No matter the topic, they're out to destroy him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

As I also just posted in the "DEAR NFL" thread....

Jim, I think it's quite clear to all that everyone has the Constitutional right to not pledge, or to not stand for the National Anthem... so, the linked article is quite moot to the conversation, as it simply provides for legalities...

In the context of this NFL (and similar) situation... it seems that millions upon millions of other citizens DO respect the National Anthem and the flag, while a mere handful DO NOT... and can't even articulate why.  That's just shallow and weak.  I, for one, respectfully ask... "WHAT exactly are you protesting?"  While the anthem and flag represents the history of, and the many thousands of great things about America... how is it that seemingly ONE "issue" (of which hasn't been respectfully, honestly, or courageously presented) can diminish the honor of what the anthem/flag represents?   I'm sure I speak for the many millions, when I say... "It can't".

These protesters need to find a legitimate spokesperson and venue... then, perhaps the conversation will have more genuine meaning, especially in context to Constitutional rights and freedom... and less in the veil of manufactured Social Justice and Entitlement issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nascar owners threaten anthem protesters as Presidents Cup and NBA prepare to start

Childress tells employers to respect anthem or ‘get on a Greyhound bus’

Presidents Cup and NBA preseason may be next arenas of protest

Guardian sport and agencies

Monday 25 September 2017 12.51 BST

2505.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=7e038a2933e4f978334a3670dc5d6266
Martin Truex Jr stands during the national anthem prior to the Nascar New Hampshire motor speedway event on Sunday.
Photograph: Chris Graythen/Getty Images

• Upvote 3

It's quite humorous to listen to folks complain about these protests when the protesters took a page right out of Donald J. Trump's book.....and doubled down when attacked.  Hypocrisy at it's finest.  :facepalm:  If any of you were a Brown's fan like me.....you would find it quite easy to look away, no protest necessary.  B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2