Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interview With Legolas From Sam I Am

i am not going to sift through the 18,000 articles to find it, but there have been many articles in the last 3 weeks from cbi stating that they are buying dinar back at the clip of 2 trillion a week, atleast that was the total 3 weeks ago, i am sure someone here will find the link, i dont have time to find it right now, it is a fact article, its pretty close to rv'ing, not at the dollar you seem to hold as a rate, but .10-.30 is very very realistic.....

Thanks Sonny. I'll continue to search for something in the news which appears reliable. Removing 2 Trillion a week would seem to be highly improbable......that's a WHOLE LOT of dinars, (and Iraqi's are known for hating banks) but I sincerely hope you're right. The $1 figure is not mine, it's merely the figure that seems to be most readily accepted among the believers. I personally hoped for .10 from day one, and would be thrilled with a return of 100X my initial investment.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sonny. I'll continue to search for something in the news which appears reliable. Removing 2 Trillion a week would seem to be highly improbable......that's a WHOLE LOT of dinars, (and Iraqi's are known for hating banks) but I sincerely hope you're right. The $1 figure is not mine, it's merely the figure that seems to be most readily accepted among the believers. I personally hoped for .10 from day one, and would be thrilled with a return of 100X my initial investment.

I am all out if I can get 5 cents a dinar.

• Upvote 3

Interesting reading..., however, Legolas has failed to explain shabibi's words and actions to strengthen the dinar/printing of smaller denoms and ready to distribute etc.

Also, how does he explain the fact that the IMF requires Iraq to have a recognizable and tradeable currency before Iraq becomes a soverign nation. What about all the contracts to drill for oil and repair Iraq's infrastrructure. I think Legolas needs to do more homework! Like to hear his take on the above. Thanks

Edited by parmenio

Just his opinions,being a former detective gives him no more credence than you or I.

Agreed, Caz......and I've never claimed to be an expert on the Dinar. I suspect that I've studied it much more carefully over the past 3+ years than most, but I'm far from qualified as an economist - Econ and Finance were minors in college. That being said, I think most of my opinions have been formulated based on readily available data and common sense, as well as an abundance of news articles from around the world. I DO, however, claim to be an expert in identifying and investigating fraud, and I can tell you without hesitation that virtually every one of the pumpers well known to us in Dinar land are "easy" targets for identification as fraudulent, and don't need to be hanging on a firing range pulley to be easy targets. Their records are indisputable, no matter how delusional a believer might be. One need only review their hundreds, or even thousands of well-documented claims to establish that as fact. ;)

• Upvote 4

Agreed, Caz......and I've never claimed to be an expert on the Dinar. I suspect that I've studied it much more carefully over the past 3+ years than most, but I'm far from qualified as an economist - Econ and Finance were minors in college. That being said, I think most of my opinions have been formulated based on readily available data and common sense, as well as an abundance of news articles from around the world. I DO, however, claim to be an expert in identifying and investigating fraud, and I can tell you without hesitation that virtually every one of the pumpers well known to us in Dinar land are "easy" targets for identification as fraudulent, and don't need to be hanging on a firing range pulley to be easy targets. Their records are indisputable, no matter how delusional a believer might be. One need only review their hundreds, or even thousands of well-documented claims to establish that as fact. ;)

Was'nt trying to dis-credit you. Was just sayin everyones opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. One should do they're own research,talk to people they trust,but DO NOT trust anyone with a fictious name.

I agree with you. I wish somebody would slam the hammer down on those lying guru's. It's amazing how those people over there fall for all that crap being spewed.

• Upvote 2

Was'nt trying to dis-credit you. Was just sayin everyones opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. One should do they're own research,talk to people they trust,but DO NOT trust anyone with a fictious name.

I understand caz.....and I agree with you. It's the one thing I've stated over and over again from my first day on this ride......never, EVER believe anything from anyone posted on an internet forum unless you've researched it and confirmed it to your own satisfaction. ;)

• Upvote 4

I understand caz.....and I agree with you. It's the one thing I've stated over and over again from my first day on this ride......never, EVER believe anything from anyone posted on an internet forum unless you've researched it and confirmed it to your own satisfaction. ;)

+100 if I could

Sonny1: selling (unless you needed the money) is the most foolish thing i have ever heard of. you have your opinion, i have mine.

Read more:

So TRUE!!! Hang in there folks!! :twothumbs:

I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. Many people have been misled, or don't fully understand the potential loss involved. Most of us purchased the Dinar at a price which was "at least" 20% above current market value.....some as much as 40% over at the current price of $1,200 per million or more. Therefore, If the Dinar does not increase in value by at least 60%, most of us won't even break even. We have to understand that there will be a spread of "at least" another 20% if our Dinars have to be exchanged back to U.S. Dollars without a revaluation....quite possibly more than that. Therefore the final loss could easily be as much as 60-80% of the initial investment. For many, that would be a difficult loss to absorb. For others, it's not a big deal. As long as people are aware of the numbers, have done historical RV research, and considered it carefully, then I think they should be OK. Unfortunately, I suspect that very few have done that homework.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sonny1: selling (unless you needed the money) is the most foolish thing i have ever heard of. you have your opinion, i have mine.

Read more:

I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. Many people have been misled, or don't fully understand the potential loss involved. Most of us purchased the Dinar at a price which was "at least" 20% above current market value.....some as much as 40% over at the current price of $1,200 per million or more. Therefore, If the Dinar does not increase in value by at least 60%, most of us won't even break even. We have to understand that there will be a spread of "at least" another 20% if our Dinars have to be exchanged back to U.S. Dollars without a revaluation....quite possibly more than that. Therefore the final loss could easily be as much as 60-80% of the initial investment. For many, that would be a difficult loss to absorb. For others, it's not a big deal. As long as people are aware of the numbers, have done historical RV research, and considered it carefully, then I think they should be OK. Unfortunately, I suspect that very few have done that homework.

For a couple grand, it's worth the risk to me. Have to spend money to make money!!!!! (so they say)

• Upvote 1

BUT a reduction of 25 Trillion Dinars virtually overnight is extremely difficult to believe......that's A LOT of Dinars to remove, and I personally don't think it's even remotely possible. If you have a legitimate link which establishes this claim, I'd certainly be interested in seeing it. I've always respected your opinion as well, but I definitely prefer to see all opinions supported by fact, logic, and reason. No one can deny at this point that "forum facts" are worthless. ;)

Exactly what I was going to ask. The latest figures from the CBI show the money supply growing (very roughly 10% GDP growth + 5% inflation makes for 15% growth in the money supply year over year as of the last report), not shrinking, let alone shrinking dramatically. Edited by engineer1138

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1iK4jMCjo

Unfortunately, I suspect that very few have done that homework.

Legolas, to me that is their downfall and we can't save the world even though we would love to!!

I agree with Sonny1 and k98nights on this one due to the fact that a RV COULD happen. I would not want to be responsible for giving people doubt in this investment that would make them decide to sell and then we have a RV a few days later. What would THAT DO to a man/woman who just took a food and money away from his/her family? I hate to think!My point is, we are all adults and EVERYONE should do their own thinking and read up on their investment because just like there are some good people out there trying to give good advise (Adam,Sonny1,BondLady,Scooter etc...) there are also those who are only thinking about themselves when handing out advise!wink.gif

Sorry for ramblingBump

• Upvote 7

here is a suck dinar back in just from today, this is the 5th one i have read now, its very obvious what there doing, its called eco 101

http://dinarvets.com...of-iraqi-dinar/

First, apologies if this ends up coming out twice as I thought I just posted this but then couldn't find it so here goes again...

This article says that the CBI bought 250B dinars in one day to stabilize the exchange rate back to 1170 since value was falling (i.e. getting worse like maybe 1200 dinars per dollar). So to pull in 25T they would have to suspend all activities that are putting dinar back into circulation (and there must be a lot of that to show a 15% money supply growth) and do this for 100 days. I don't think any of that has happened. Further if it was happening wouldn't they be having the opposite problem, the dinar would be going up in value, not down?

Edited by engineer1138
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

and the article from last week said it also sucked back 2.5 trillion in, you do know these auctions are buying dinar back right? if not, now you do......

Yes I do, and they have been going on for a long time, but the money supply is still growing. So that says the are putting it back out faster than it is coming in, doesn't it? Are you saying you believe the auction data but not the inflation/money supply data all from the same CBI?
  • Upvote 1

Legolas, to me that is their downfall and we can't save the world even though we would love to!!

I agree with Sonny1 and k98nights on this one due to the fact that a RV COULD happen. I would not want to be responsible for giving people doubt in this investment that would make them decide to sell and then we have a RV a few days later. What would THAT DO to a man/woman who just took a food and money away from his/her family? I hate to think!My point is, we are all adults and EVERYONE should do their own thinking and read up on their investment because just like there are some good people out there trying to give good advise (Adam,Sonny1,BondLady,Scooter etc...) there are also those who are only thinking about themselves when handing out advise!wink.gif

Sorry for ramblingBump

I completely agree with you Bump, and that's exactly why I've never encouraged anyone to buy, OR sell. It has to be their own decision. It's the pumpers and liars that infuriate me, and that's why I've always wanted to put as much info and logic out there as possible, and tried to encourage healthy debate. Unfortunately, people are way to eager to believe anything that sounds like an easy way out. I believe that anything we can do to encourage rational discussion and research is beneficial. B)

• Upvote 8

I completely agree with you Bump, and that's exactly why I've never encouraged anyone to buy, OR sell. It has to be their own decision. It's the pumpers and liars that infuriate me, and that's why I've always wanted to put as much info and logic out there as possible, and tried to encourage healthy debate. Unfortunately, people are way to eager to believe anything that sounds like an easy way out. I believe that anything we can do to encourage rational discussion and research is beneficial. B)

+1 smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes I do, and they have been going on for a long time, but the money supply is still growing. So that says the are putting it back out faster than it is coming in, doesn't it? Are you saying you believe the auction data but not the inflation/money supply data all from the same CBI?

Exactly right, engineer. It's always been my understanding that the sole purpose of the auctions is to maintain the artificial rate of 1170. Without those controls, the value would either increase, OR decrease dependent upon their pathetic economy. According to CBI and IMF figures, the total money supply has without question INCREASED every year since 2003. I still haven't seen anything to refute those numbers. Sure would like to though. ;)

• Upvote 1

Great postings guys. Thanks Legolas, Bumps and you too Sonny.

Legolas- I would be interested in your views on the middle east sectarian dilema. The topic can be frustrating but I find it somewhat entertaining and edifying.

Not to mention educational. I don't know about you, but I can always use more info and different viewpoints. Helps establish a more balanced decision making process!

• Upvote 1

Great postings guys. Thanks Legolas, Bumps and you too Sonny.

Legolas- I would be interested in your views on the middle east sectarian dilema. The topic can be frustrating but I find it somewhat entertaining and edifying.

LOL. Ahhhhh.....the sectarian issue......one which I've written on many times in the past, and is always good for starting an argument which unfortunately can never be won. It requires a permanently pinned topic page of its own. Suffice it to say that it is very likely to be THE issue which will ultimately bring down the Iraqi government, the rest of the Middle East, and perhaps even the world, if or when one of the religious fanatics obtains control of a nuclear or biological weapon. When that finally happens, hundreds of thousands or more will die, instead of the tens of thousands who die needlessly each year as a result of indefensible religious dogma. The only possible solution is education, and the U.S. is as responsible as any other country for the failure to address this incredibly important issue. Our belief systems are just as crazy and indefensible as the others, and there exists an incredible resistance to recognize that as truth.

For the first time, very recently, I finally saw an article which discussed a lone Islamic Imam who was giving classes and attempting to make DVD's of his lectures to be distributed to large numbers of people, where he attempts to teach that the Quran does not encourage religious jihad, and that in fact the opposite is true. He's not entirely correct, but the effort is a valiant one and is to be commended and encouraged, and appears to be having at least a minimally positive affect. Unfortunately, it won't get much attention. Attempts to teach the true facts regarding ALL religions receive much lower priority (if any) than military efforts to fight terrorism. Military efforts will never succeed. For every terrorist killed there are 100 more waiting in line to replace them. Until people worldwide are convinced that their religious beliefs are inaccurate, things will only get worse - technology assures us of that fact. Most people, of virtually every religion have never actually read their respective bibles and associated books. Their beliefs come from the teachings of parents, friends, clergy, and cherry-picked excerpts from these books, rather than from their own study and examination of readily availalble evidence. Were they to make that effort to study, examine the evidence and learn, there would be an excellent chance that their belief systems would change drastically. The reality is that this is unlikely to occur in our lifetime, and Iraq, Iran, and the rest of that region are likely to continue to spiral out of control as recent events in Iraq and elsewhere effectively demonstrate. I could write about it for hours, but it does no good. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 2