Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interview With Legolas From Sam I Am

Hmm, the CBI took in 250B dinars in a day, so in the average 30 day span they hold 20 auctions which could pull in as much as 5T dinar. If the GOI has a budget of a mere 70B USD annually (it's more, just using a low number to make a point), the GOI would need roughly 6.8T dinar monthly...where do these dinar come from? Is the CBI able to hold any dinar taken at auction back from circulation?

• Upvote 1

Three places: CBI, Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Commercial Banks - Try hiding all of the rows except the ones below and you'll see the relationships between the "Sources" and the "Uses". th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

KEY FINANCIAL INDICATORS FOR Dec. 28, 2011

Row

3 1-Exchange rate (ID/USD) in auction (daily average)

4 2-Inflation Consumer Price Index (1993 = 100)

5 Core Inflation Consumer Price Index Exclude ( F&L and T&C )( 1993=100 )

6 New Inflation Consumer Price Index (2007 = 100)

7 New Core Inflation Consumer Price Index ( 2007=100 ) 7

8 3-Interest Rates:

9 a-MOF

22 b-CBI (end of period, annual % )

39 c- Commercial Banks (end of period, annual % )

47 4-Monetary Base (End of period, in billions of Iraqi dinars)

48 Sources (a+b )

49 a - Net Foreign Assets of CBI

56 b - Net Domestic Assets of CBI

78 Uses (a+b )

79 a - Currency outside banks

80 b - Bank reserves

84 5-Money Supply (End of period , in billions of Iraqi dinars)

86 M1

87 M2

88 Of which: Deposits component of M2

90 Foreign currency deposits

92 6-Reserve Requirement (reserve maintenance period, in billions of Iraqi dinars)

93 a - Required Reserves 3

94 b - Excess Current Account

-

Thanks again,

I'm still struggling with the Monetary Base (which includes Foreign Assets) being exactly the same figure as the total of the currency outside banks + the bank reserves.

The currency outside banks + bank reserves is pretty close to the M1 figure, which is probably accurate if you include some demand deposits at commercial banks.

But does this mean that they are including foreign assets in the money supply?????

I completely agree with you Bump, and that's exactly why I've never encouraged anyone to buy, OR sell. It has to be their own decision. It's the pumpers and liars that infuriate me, and that's why I've always wanted to put as much info and logic out there as possible, and tried to encourage healthy debate. Unfortunately, people are way to eager to believe anything that sounds like an easy way out. I believe that anything we can do to encourage rational discussion and research is beneficial. B)

Thanks.

I think we all agree that the news has stated that the CBI has pulled in dinar. However, the issue here is that if they have been recirculating it, it matters not how much they pull in because its being put right back out there.

that makes absolutely no sense why would the CBI be wanting to suck the dinar in to reduce it then put it right back out there to recirculate makes no sense to me.dry.gif point being are they accountingg for what is outside their country? and we ALL DONNT know if its being destroyed or not.

Edited by easyrider

LOL. Ahhhhh.....the sectarian issue......one which I've written on many times in the past, and is always good for starting an argument which unfortunately can never be won. It requires a permanently pinned topic page of its own. Suffice it to say that it is very likely to be THE issue which will ultimately bring down the Iraqi government, the rest of the Middle East, and perhaps even the world, if or when one of the religious fanatics obtains control of a nuclear or biological weapon. When that finally happens, hundreds of thousands or more will die, instead of the tens of thousands who die needlessly each year as a result of indefensible religious dogma. The only possible solution is education, and the U.S. is as responsible as any other country for the failure to address this incredibly important issue. Our belief systems are just as crazy and indefensible as the others, and there exists an incredible resistance to recognize that as truth.

For the first time, very recently, I finally saw an article which discussed a lone Islamic Imam who was giving classes and attempting to make DVD's of his lectures to be distributed to large numbers of people, where he attempts to teach that the Quran does not encourage religious jihad, and that in fact the opposite is true. He's not entirely correct, but the effort is a valiant one and is to be commended and encouraged, and appears to be having at least a minimally positive affect. Unfortunately, it won't get much attention. Attempts to teach the true facts regarding ALL religions receive much lower priority (if any) than military efforts to fight terrorism. Military efforts will never succeed. For every terrorist killed there are 100 more waiting in line to replace them. Until people worldwide are convinced that their religious beliefs are inaccurate, things will only get worse - technology assures us of that fact. Most people, of virtually every religion have never actually read their respective bibles and associated books. Their beliefs come from the teachings of parents, friends, clergy, and cherry-picked excerpts from these books, rather than from their own study and examination of readily availalble evidence. Were they to make that effort to study, examine the evidence and learn, there would be an excellent chance that their belief systems would change drastically. The reality is that this is unlikely to occur in our lifetime, and Iraq, Iran, and the rest of that region are likely to continue to spiral out of control as recent events in Iraq and elsewhere effectively demonstrate. I could write about it for hours, but it does no good. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Awesome post. Thanks.

I seem to have gotten caught up in other posts in this thread and forgotten about Legolas. I would be remiss if I didn't thank Legolas for all his posts, not just today's. While I may not always fully agree with you, your posts are always well written, well thought out, and always respectful.

Peace

I seem to have gotten caught up in other posts in this thread and forgotten about Legolas. I would be remiss if I didn't thank Legolas for all his posts, not just today's. While I may not always fully agree with you, your posts are always well written, well thought out, and always respectful.

Peace

Agreed!

Peace

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know it's not always what the masses want to hear, but it's always a carefully researched and considered opinion based on available facts and personal experience. Make no mistake about it......I'd like to be wrong. I simply haven't seen the slightest bit of evidence which would change my opinion, whereas the evidence supporting it seems overwhelming. My concern has always been for those who can't afford to lose what they've been led to believe is a slam dunk, no brainer investment. For those who can afford it, it's not a big deal - merely a disappointment. In this case it would seem that it's best to expect the worst case scenario, and then be pleasantly surprised if something better occurs.

Peace

I also agree with you 100%. "...always well written, well thought out, and always respectful."

Legolas, great posts!

With the release of chapter 7 and all sanctions lifted presidential # 130330 whatever #.. should be lifted since this is a non -tradeable currency.

This currency im sure will stopped being allowed to be sold.

Then and only then will they rv. if at all.

jus saying

• Upvote 1