Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Proof....delete zeros will take ONLY two years

Aqua Dude

Of course 'deleting the three zeros" is talking about an RD (or LOP if you must use silly terms). This has nothing to do with the value of the currency so it does not make the old currency worthless nor has anything to do with the size of their reserves. This article is saying that the period where both currencies will be valid is being extended to two years. So our currency wlll remain legal tender for two years once the RD process starts. I would guess that even after that you will still be able to trade it in at a central bank branch, but merchants won't have to accept it. Destroying it has nothing to do with it being "worthless" but due to changing to a new currency. What do you think happened to all the national currencies that were traded in when the Euro replaced them? They were destroyed of course. Yet you can still trade them in if you go to a central bank of the associated country (or at least for some countries, not sure its all of them, this has all been posted before).

There is no question in my view that Iraq will RD, they have said so many times (we have video's of Shabibi saying so very clearly). So all we can hope for at this point is that they will also do a small RV to bring the value of the new currency up to a dollar per new dinar, or maybe if we are lucky a little more (to help de-dollarize). So maybe we'll get our money back, or might even make a small profit, but its also possible we will lose if they let it sit at $0.86 per new dinar. That small RV can happen any time, before, during, or after the RD. If its after we really might be screwed, but I suspect it will be before/during. i.e. the new dinar goes to an even $1 and thus the old (our) dinar goes to an even $0.001 .

Its not smoke as it is what makes the most sense for Iraq. It sucks for us for sure, but you win some and you lose some. We all should have known it was too good to be true.

Five days ago you decided to join DV so you could share your vast knowledge and declare us loosers. Okay.

You have absolutely no track record here, unless you have been banned previously, and have come back under a psyeudoname, and we are supposed to take your information to heart. You are so smart, I am sure you know the story of the turnip truck and the other one about born a midnight, right? Of course you do.

Beware: They are coming out of the woodwork.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Kuwait "reissued" their currency...same value but new look....The US has been doing this recently with the new notes...that is not a "re-denomination". A re-denomination is when an entire currency is replaced by a new currency that has a different value or exchange rate...thereby deleting zeros from the old notes....it is a NEW denomination...Iraq has used the example many times that a 25k dinar will be worth the same as a new 25 dinar note. I'm not sure how or why people confuse that. It's not what people want but it IS what Iraq is saying. Regardless of whether you think it is "smoke and mirrors" or a flat out lie....it is exactly what they have been saying.

• Upvote 3

Kuwait "reissued" their currency...same value but new look....The US has been doing this recently with the new notes...that is not a "re-denomination". A re-denomination is when an entire currency is replaced by a new currency that has a different value or exchange rate...thereby deleting zeros from the old notes....it is a NEW denomination...Iraq has used the example many times that a 25k dinar will be worth the same as a new 25 dinar note. I'm not sure how or why people confuse that. It's not what people want but it IS what Iraq is saying. Regardless of whether you think it is "smoke and mirrors" or a flat out lie....it is exactly what they have been saying.

Lol you are seriously hilarious!!!! You don't even own dinar anylonger and still feel the need to come here! LMAO

It's your interpretaion dude.....see I understand it as.....a new 25 dinar note will be issued with the same value that a 25k note has now....And of course I think your wrong....but seriously....why do you still care? Is it that bad at home??? Much more to life dude

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Just like anything else,watch what they do NOT what they say.Very simple/basic principle,anyone with any business sense knows this,very common. Governments are no different,talk out of both sides of the mouths. Makes me wonder bout some here that appear to be intelligent,but really have no clue when it comes to business. AND no I'm not talkin bout any one specific member,just a general statement. I wish the best for all,these are my opinions and i support them.

• Upvote 2

Of course 'deleting the three zeros" is talking about an RD (or LOP if you must use silly terms). This has nothing to do with the value of the currency so it does not make the old currency worthless nor has anything to do with the size of their reserves. This article is saying that the period where both currencies will be valid is being extended to two years. So our currency wlll remain legal tender for two years once the RD process starts. I would guess that even after that you will still be able to trade it in at a central bank branch, but merchants won't have to accept it. Destroying it has nothing to do with it being "worthless" but due to changing to a new currency. What do you think happened to all the national currencies that were traded in when the Euro replaced them? They were destroyed of course. Yet you can still trade them in if you go to a central bank of the associated country (or at least for some countries, not sure its all of them, this has all been posted before).

There is no question in my view that Iraq will RD, they have said so many times (we have video's of Shabibi saying so very clearly). So all we can hope for at this point is that they will also do a small RV to bring the value of the new currency up to a dollar per new dinar, or maybe if we are lucky a little more (to help de-dollarize). So maybe we'll get our money back, or might even make a small profit, but its also possible we will lose if they let it sit at $0.86 per new dinar. That small RV can happen any time, before, during, or after the RD. If its after we really might be screwed, but I suspect it will be before/during. i.e. the new dinar goes to an even $1 and thus the old (our) dinar goes to an even $0.001 .

Its not smoke as it is what makes the most sense for Iraq. It sucks for us for sure, but you win some and you lose some. We all should have known it was too good to be true.

Wow, has Shabibi been in a new video or is this person viewing a keepm video...... :lol:

Five days ago you decided to join DV so you could share your vast knowledge and declare us loosers. Okay.

You have absolutely no track record here, unless you have been banned previously, and have come back under a psyeudoname, and we are supposed to take your information to heart. You are so smart, I am sure you know the story of the turnip truck and the other one about born a midnight, right? Of course you do.

Beware: They are coming out of the woodwork.

You got that right Carrello, I'll call the pest control people.... :D;):lol:

I don't think my post was in any way antagonistic but you seem to have taken it that way. I'm going to lose financially just like everyone else. My brain did not only start to function on the date I became a DV member.

You have absolutely no track record here, unless you have been banned previously, and have come back under a psyeudoname, and we are supposed to take your information to heart.

Do you simply accept anything said by someone you trust and reject anything said by others? How about examining what is said not just who is saying it? I have no special knowledge on this issue but can analyze the available info as well as anyone else. That analysis shows that no wealth is to be made and we will be lucky to get our money back (if you bought in around $1200 per million dinar as I did).

Wow, has Shabibi been in a new video or is this person viewing a keepm video...... :lol:

Its the old video we all have seen of Shabibi in DC where he is asked about an RD and he says that it has already been decided to do an RD and is just a question of when. Edited by engineer1138
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think my post was in any way antagonistic but you seem to have taken it that way. I'm going to lose financially just like everyone else. My brain did not only start to function on the date I became a DV member.

Do you simply accept anything said by someone you trust and reject anything said by others? How about examining what is said not just who is saying it? I have no special knowledge on this issue but can analyze the available info as well as anyone else. That analysis shows that no wealth is to be made and we will be luck to get our money back (if you bought in around $1200 per million dinar as I did).

Hey Dude she is the wrong person to screw with here, she has a lot of friends on here that would be glade to defend her, including me.

Not that she needs anyones help.

I would suggest that you go over to PTR you'll fit in there much better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Mods,

Can we start verifying IP addresses on individuals (low posts/high negs), that have been obviously banned under old names, but still have no life and just want to slam others on this investment. I think the real reason they are returning here, over and over again is that they're just so damn miserable. They have sold their dinar and they just can't stand it, if some of us, "misinformed folks" actually might make a profit. Just sayin!!!!! I am just so worried about them and the depression they will face when there is an RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!! LMAO!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Do you simply accept anything said by someone you trust and reject anything said by others? How about examining what is said not just who is saying it? I have no special knowledge on this issue but can analyze the available info as well as anyone else. That analysis shows that no wealth is to be made and we will be lucky to get our money back (if you bought in around $1200 per million dinar as I did).

Its the old video we all have seen of Shabibi in DC where he is asked about an RD and he says that it has already been decided to do an RD and is just a question of when.

Really? would you mind posting a link to the video?

• Upvote 1

Hey Dude she is the wrong person to screw with here, she has a lot of friends on here that would be glade to defend her, including me.

Not that she needs anyones help.

Your response puzzles me. How have I "screwed" with Carrello? She (I'll take you word on their gender) comes out swinging against me, and for what? That I disagree with their views? Isn't this forum about presenting differing views?

Really? would you mind posting a link to the video?

Its been posted on this site before (that is where I found it maybe 6 months ago), but I'll search around for it.
  • Upvote 3

Do you simply accept anything said by someone you trust and reject anything said by others? How about examining what is said not just who is saying it? I have no special knowledge on this issue but can analyze the available info as well as anyone else. That analysis shows that no wealth is to be made and we will be luck to get our money back (if you bought in around $1200 per million dinar as I did).

Its the old video we all have seen of Shabibi in DC where he is asked about an RD and he says that it has already been decided to do and RD and is just a question of when.

Excuse me.....I have to shampoo my hair.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Matt330,

Regardless of what the rate will be on the Dinar. Iraq is not cashing in our currency. It is going to be ultimatly after the banks the US Treasury! The treasury is going to hold our Dinar in OUR USA reserves untill a convenient time to trade them back to Iraq. So if we get $1 USD = 1 Dinar, the US Treasury will probably hold our Dinar untill the exchange rate reaches $3 USD = 1 Dinar. Wouldn't you do the same?

• Upvote 1

When Kuwait RI their currency, technically speaking they RV'd and at the same time they issued a new currency which is a RD.

There was no real RV of the Kuwait dinar, it was just reinstated as the main currency again since Saddam deemed them invalid....it never lost its value except on the streets of Kuwait because of what Saddam was doing.....

Redenominating refers to either A) changing the whole currency altogether (which would be like them going from the dinar to using the russian ruble or something) or B) replacing the entire currency, and exchanging at a ratio of anything other then 1 to 1 because the new currency is at a higher value and the old currency never sees the higher value....There has NEVER been any profitable redenomination in the history of the world....its always been a neutral revenue event

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

engineer1138 is most likely where you finished in your engineering class out of 1140 students.

When viewing the video where you smoking grass dude because he said nothing like that, matter of fact I did a breakdown of exactly what he said for my 19 year old daughters collage economics glass. I'll find it and bring it in here this afternoon. Be sure not to be smoking when you read it......

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Just an observation. The same folks that keep repeating, "nobody knows the outcome" also insist that no other outcome but an RV is possible. Pretty confusing.

Not very thorough observation,I could/would argue just the opposite. The ones that believe they are smarter and push the RD/Lop argument imo opinion are the ones that don't seem to be open to all views. Many here believe of multiple ways this could unfold, but are hoping for a positive outcome so of course thats their focus. As i have said many times differing opinions is good but continous negative arguments is not fruitfull in any business venture.The statement"nobody knows the outcome" is true unless you can refute it. These are my opinions and I support them.

• Upvote 2

Hey Keep. I love your info, most of the time and your insight in this. But it may be that they want to destroy them because they don't have the 3 languages printed on them. Go RV

Well of course that would make sense for them to want to destroy them since they dont have the 3 languages on them, I was just kinda being the devils advocate in turning the question around the other way....there is always two sides to every story ya know??

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

engineer1138 is most likely where you finished in your engineering class out of 1140 students.

Again with the hostility and insults, can you not simply debate politely? I find usually those that insist on insults have no other argument to make.

When viewing the video where you smoking grass dude because he said nothing like that, matter of fact I did a breakdown of exactly what he said for my 19 year old daughters collage economics glass. I'll find it and bring it in here this afternoon. Be sure not to be smoking when you read it......

I'll look for the video. In the one I saw his answer about an RD is I think hist first answer. Later in talking about a change in the exchange rate (an RV) he says that he of course can't say and makes the joke about 'all answers from an economist have to include "it all depends" ". Again I'll look for it.

Plus of course there have been many many articles on the subject talking about reducing the amount of currency to ease transactions, referring to other countries that have RD'd to get rid of the effects of past hyper-inflation (France, Turkey, etc). It seems clear to me that the simplest explanation is that all that is just what it seems, referenced to an upcoming RD.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Again with the hostility and insults, can you not simply debate politely? I find usually those that insist on insults have no other argument to make.

I'll look for the video. In the one I saw his answer about an RD is I think hist first answer. Later in talking about a change in the exchange rate (an RV) he says that he of course can't say and makes the joke about 'all answers from an economist have to include "it all depends" ". Again I'll look for it.

Plus of course there have been many many articles on the subject talking about reducing the amount of currency to ease transactions, referring to other countries that have RD'd to get rid of the effects of past hyper-inflation (France, Turkey, etc). It seems clear to me that the simplest explanation is that all that is just what it seems, referenced to an upcoming RD.

Are you sure it wasn't when Shabibi was in Jacksonhole in 2010?

engineer1138, Im guessing your a fireman?

Its the old video we all have seen of Shabibi in DC where he is asked about an RD and he says that it has already been decided to do an RD and is just a question of when.

No. If you look at the video Shabibi never used the RD word. The title of the video had RD in it. Questions were asked containing RD. Shabibi used the word Re evaluate. Shabibi also said everyone would be happy with the results soon. I don't think anyone would be happy with a lop RD.

Not that I believe a word he says.

• Upvote 2

Lol you are seriously hilarious!!!! You don't even own dinar anylonger and still feel the need to come here! LMAO

It's your interpretaion dude.....see I understand it as.....a new 25 dinar note will be issued with the same value that a 25k note has now....And of course I think your wrong....but seriously....why do you still care? Is it that bad at home??? Much more to life dude

What jwm is saying actually happened in Kuwait, and what Iraq has published abut deletion of three zeroes, he is accurate on as well. Now, we cant really say we know what will happen because the articles are constantly contradictary of a previously released article. SAYING and DOING it, is something different all together. But, its beyond reason, to change definitions that have historic precedence. We know what there saying and I believe its not in question anymore. The question is are they misleading us? Is this purposeful misinformation?? Well, thats debatable. Your opinion is what we all want to happen, but there is not clear enough evidence to support it. Despite what gurus and others say, there is no guarantee on the results.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What jwm is saying actually happened in Kuwait, and what Iraq has published abut deletion of three zeroes, he is accurate on as well. Now, we cant really say we know what will happen because the articles are constantly contradictary of a previously released article. SAYING and DOING it, is something different all together. But, its beyond reason, to change definitions that have historic precedence. We know what there saying and I believe its not in question anymore. The question is are they misleading us? Is this purposeful misinformation?? Well, thats debatable. Your opinion is what we all want to happen, but there is not clear enough evidence to support it. Despite what gurus and others say, there is no guarantee on the results.

I'm aware of what hes saying just as I am aware of what you are saying......and I think your both wrong.......there are plenty of questions still left unanswered and will remain that way even after the RV.........there is plenty of evidence to support my opinion.......just as yours

The fact that jmw still comes here when he doesn't own dinar is the HILLARIOUS PART!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3