Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NOW WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN The uncertainty of regional impact on the value of the dinar against the dollar

12/16/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add Comment - The Iraqi Central Bank Governor appearance in favor of the bank continued to pump foreign currency to the currency markets in the country comes to the withdrawal of liquidity and the preservation of the dinar exchange rate and financing of business operations to private sector companies. Salih said In a statement to the newspaper "Sabah" The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar. and feed the amounts that range from the Central Bank of the Iraqi currency markets between 150 and 180 million dollars a day, according to World Bank President.

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/business.php?id=4865#ixzz1gkBSErcT

• Upvote 1

Guess since we're leaving, so does our money. No dollars to do business. Guess they'll have to use Dinar. Oh, Wait. It's not worth anything... Guess they'll have to do something about that.......biggrin.gif

Agreed. Cause and affect. We leave, it affects their economy. What to do ? What to do ?

• Upvote 3

Damn the luck!

Let me get my Dinar out and iron them, I want them to look good when they go to the bank cool.gif

Make sure you don't iron em too hot...that would burn holes in them and then you could only cash them in on one of their holey days... :huh::blink::lol:

• Upvote 7

Damn the luck!

Let me get my Dinar out and iron them, I want them to look good when they go to the bank cool.gif

Make sure you don't iron em too hot...that would burn holes in them and then you could only cash them in on one of their holey days... :huh::blink::lol:

This is why I love DV! You guys are AWESOME!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Shabibi is a gifted financial mind, but I think that they dropped the ball and did not factor in what the troops leaving would do to their economy. They have been selling US dollars pulling in Dinar relentlessly for a long time. Now the military has pulled out so fast that it has created a vacuum in the private sector. That has made the Iraqi's worry and they are making a run for US dollars and there are none. This is exactly what we want. The CBI will be forced to move on the dinar in order to restore confidence.

• Upvote 3

they are trying to put a reason for the dinar out side so not to pissoff key religious factors if you know what i mean smile.gif

and that is a good thing .....if they weren't planing on letting us cash in they would not bother

You saying Sadr is still hanging around? Didn't he slink back to Iran yet? sad.gif

I'm sure Shabibi is a gifted financial mind, but I think that they dropped the ball and did not factor in what the troops leaving would do to their economy. They have been selling US dollars pulling in Dinar relentlessly for a long time. Now the military has pulled out so fast that it has created a vacuum in the private sector. That has made the Iraqi's worry and they are making a run for US dollars and there are none. This is exactly what we want. The CBI will be forced to move on the dinar in order to restore confidence.

Think about what this is going to do their rate of inflation. You could almost graph it by the hour. GOING UP !

Edited by mcuman

12/16/2011 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add Comment - The Iraqi Central Bank Governor appearance in favor of the bank continued to pump foreign currency to the currency markets in the country comes to the withdrawal of liquidity and the preservation of the dinar exchange rate and financing of business operations to private sector companies. Salih said In a statement to the newspaper "Sabah" The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar. and feed the amounts that range from the Central Bank of the Iraqi currency markets between 150 and 180 million dollars a day, according to World Bank President.

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/business.php?id=4865#ixzz1gkBSErcT

It appears that Iraq is pushing their foreign currency back into the market in an attempt to gather back as much Dinar as they can,. perhaps this is too limit any potential payout to other Nations,..

Which would make this a terrific article!

• Upvote 1

The unstable situation in the region led to increased demand for the dollar, which led to the rise in price against the Iraqi dinar""

I take this to mean, that because our troops left, Iraq is now "unstable" and people don't have confidence in the situation, so they are wanting US dollars. There may have been a run on the banks to get US dollars, so the CBI had to inject more dollars into their system. That made the "value" (haha) of their dinar go even lower compared to the dollar. Nobody wanted dinar, they wanted dollars!

Not good, except that maybe they will increase the dinar value to get people to trust it and switch to dinar instead of dollars!

I would think they would make the dinar equal the dollar now to make people have confidence in Iraq and the dinar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1