Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Security Council Meeting on IRAQ 10am Channel 4

Brisco

I thought this was brilliant. They have made plans for meetings with Kuwait, but due to the resignation of the Prime Minister the meeting was postponed. It sounded like indefinitely. Which it would be, the government is in a bit of disarray. They cannot pursue the Kuwait issues until Kuwait has gotten their government back on ground. Right? Iraq needs to be out from under Chapter 7 before/after US forces leave. They need out now. Essentially, without saying it, they are asking the UN to understand the situation and over look what was left to do with Kuwait because Iraq cannot pursue the completion with out a Kuwait government. They have made their effort.

I agree with you, Zig. I saw more positives in this meeting than I've seen in past U.N. meetings. I think (and hope) there is more to this than what we saw. :D

• Upvote 1

Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister: a road map to resolve the

The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Aforeighalkwyta desire to Kuwait and Iraq in the end all outstanding issues between the two countries, pointing to the existence of a road map on the bilateral level to be resolved, noting Kuwait’s readiness to help the Iraqis in their dealings with the United Nations.

Khalid said in a statement to Kuwait News newspaper, published today, «We are waiting for the visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss all issues, God willing, be room for the completion of all these outstanding issues».

Speaking of his report the Secretary-General’s envoy to the UN Secretary-General, which was released as an official and the desire of the two countries during a meeting with officials to end all outstanding issues.

Sorry, no link, just in from CNH

SOUNDS good.....

• Upvote 1

You need to turn that wine glass over, because in reality, it is half full, not half empty. JMO. B)

(matter of fact, I think it is just about ready to overflow...)

I agree with all you r saying... Just wished they would have said something we already didnt know. It was a read script with confirmation of all the news we have known about .Did anyone learn something new from this? it was great to have english spoken and no confusion but still i learned nothing new? FYI My glass is always over flowing :D not half full...

• Upvote 1

They did not kick anything down the road, IMHO. The council took comments and moved to private discussions, exactly what they stated they were doing.

Martin Kobler was very positive about Iraq's progress, and it sounded to me that there were loose ends, that if agreed upon, could be cleaned up in the future because the impact and magnitude are miniscule in the big picture.

The Iraqi representative was difficult for me to understand, but I did get that he was positive about the progress made. I will say, he was reading left to right, if you get my drift.

Carrello, did not see your comments when I typing my question. So when they are in closed discussion do you believe motions may be made to vote? Would they vote in private session or would it be in open forum. Do not know if they follow Robert's rules fot parliamentary procedure or if they have their own.

Listen Folks, this was a positive meeting! No bad things were said. Iraq wants out of Ch. 7, and the UN is stating that much progress has been made. Troop withdrawal in the next few weeks, HCL in front of parliment, security minister seated before troops leave. Can you not see how everything is falling into place perfectly. I'm excited. And if you listen closely to the Iraq representative speaking through his broken english, I think he mentions something about partying in Vegas with DV members when they are released from Ch.7 B)

I hope he gets a shirt. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister: a road map to resolve the

The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Aforeighalkwyta desire to Kuwait and Iraq in the end all outstanding issues between the two countries, pointing to the existence of a road map on the bilateral level to be resolved, noting Kuwait’s readiness to help the Iraqis in their dealings with the United Nations.

Khalid said in a statement to Kuwait News newspaper, published today, «We are waiting for the visit of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to discuss all issues, God willing, be room for the completion of all these outstanding issues».

Speaking of his report the Secretary-General’s envoy to the UN Secretary-General, which was released as an official and the desire of the two countries during a meeting with officials to end all outstanding issues.

Sorry, no link, just in from CNH

SOUNDS good.....

Thanks fnbplanet that is great news after listening to the two of them speak at the UN.

This is the positive news we did not get from their meeting, here's hoping!

Carrello, did not see your comments when I typing my question. So when they are in closed discussion do you believe motions may be made to vote? Would they vote in private session or would it be in open forum. Do not know if they follow Robert's rules fot parliamentary procedure or if they have their own.

I do not have an answer to our questions. I am trying to get ahold of the United Nations in NYC, but I am in a wind storm and cannot get a connection on my cell. I was able to make one call and asked for Kobler's office, but no luck. I did speak to someone that gave me the number 212-917-3614 to call to get the status on this morning's meeting. If somebody feels like it, they can call. I don't know when I will be able to get through to the UN and their website is down for urgent maintenance.

I was able to send an email regarding our questions, but I have no idea when I will/if get an answer.

It is live, I'm still watching, the representative of Iraq is still speaking, but the first man who spoke gave a very positive report, let's see what else is said.

FYI that gentleman was Martin Kobler, the individual that has been in Iraq and Kuwait for a couple of weeks making assessments. His name has been in the news articles for over a week. He is my new BFF.

• Upvote 2

FYI that gentleman was Martin Kobler, the individual that has been in Iraq and Kuwait for a couple of weeks making assessments. His name has been in the news articles for over a week. He is my new BFF.

Thanks Carrello, he gave a pretty positive report, don't you think ?

• Upvote 1

Wow i did not here that at all? I heard was to tb next week but no PM for kuwait? who would they meet with?

Based off of articles, Maliki will be meeting with Kuwait reps on their own terms...private meetings. They have to do this before the troops leave.

Thanks Brisco & dinarvets for the play by play. I am at work & can't put the UN meeting on my computer. I heard about the Kuwait government issue. Hoping for the best. They (Iraq) have at least set up the meeting & showed they have every intention to resolve. Looks like US is for them getting out of Chapter 7 too. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. :-) Blessings & GO RV!

Thanks Carrello, he gave a pretty positive report, don't you think ?

Absolutely. I tried to call his office at the UN, but no luck getting a direct number. I wanted to see if I could find out what the next steps are.

What I heard from Mr. Kobler is that progress has been made, and the dangling participles can be taken care of in the near future, if agreed upon.

Based off of articles, Maliki will be meeting with Kuwait reps on their own terms...private meetings. They have to do this before the troops leave.

The Un speaker in todays broadcast stated Maliki meeting is postponed with Kuwait due to PM resigned. no future date has been set ?

• Upvote 1

The Un speaker in todays broadcast stated Maliki meeting is postponed with Kuwait due to PM resigned. no future date has been set ?

Yea, it will not be an "official meeting." Its more like a "I'll see you sometime next week meeting." Maliki will be in Kuwait talking to someone. haha...thats for certain.

They have to meet next week because they are running out of time. Maliki wants to force the issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do not have an answer to our questions. I am trying to get ahold of the United Nations in NYC, but I am in a wind storm and cannot get a connection on my cell. I was able to make one call and asked for Kobler's office, but no luck. I did speak to someone that gave me the number 212-917-3614 to call to get the status on this morning's meeting. If somebody feels like it, they can call. I don't know when I will be able to get through to the UN and their website is down for urgent maintenance.

I was able to send an email regarding our questions, but I have no idea when I will/if get an answer.

Thank you for your efforts. I am unable to call myself. Will see if anyone else can, will keep you posted if I get lucky.

Yea, it will not be an "official meeting." Its more like a "I'll see you sometime next week meeting." Maliki will be in Kuwait talking to someone. haha...thats for certain.

They have to meet next week because they are running out of time. Maliki wants to force the issue.

He needs to get there this week because he will be in the US Monday the 12th thru I think the 15th, as I understand it,

• Upvote 2