Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can You Afford NOT To ISX

for those who have watched my posting know by now that i am a heavy proponent of investing in the isx. i am always motivating my friends/family toward the isx. today i sent them an email that made quite the impression and thought that i would share it with my dinar invested friends.

and so i pose the question, shabibi being the economic genius we all know that he is, is it plausible that he might help raise the isx to the same status of the kse (kuwait stock exchange) through new economic policy? if plausible, can you really afford to miss out on the possibilities? to me, this not far fetched. here is the email:

=========================================

i attached a screen shot of today's securities market for kuwait's

banks. i don't have to tell you all what i am getting at. just look

at those price per shares! and i do believe the prices are in the

kuwait dinar not dollars...i could be wrong. if i am not wrong then

you would multiply those numbers by approx 3.7 for the usd price.

is it far fetched to think that iraqi banks will trade at least 1/2 of

what we see the kuwait banks someday? can you imagine the wealth you

will amass if it did and you got in when the price per share on some

of these banks is less than a usd penny.

this excites me more than the rv!

GO ISX!

kuwaitbanks.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I want to thank Trinity for bringing Aljazera Brokerage to the light.

So far I am totally impressed with Abdul-Karim and this brokerage company. Very fast with emails and informative .

I got my account set up in very short order.

Trinity, is it OK to start out small and build up in buying stock in ISX?

I am very green at this process. I haven't even bought any USA stocks!!

• Upvote 1

TrinityeXchange we are on the same page!

amen bro!

I want to thank Trinity for bringing Aljazera Brokerage to the light.

So far I am totally impressed with Abdul-Karim and this brokerage company. Very fast with emails and informative .

I got my account set up in very short order.

Trinity, is it OK to start out small and build up in buying stock in ISX?

I am very green at this process. I haven't even bought any USA stocks!!

thanks for the kind words my friend. yes, you can definitely start out small and here is why. with al-jazera brokerage there are no minimum shares! this is fantastic for people who can't afford to drop $1k usd everytime they want to buy some shares. also his brokerage fee is only 1%. your biggest concern will be bank wire transfer fees. you will easily pay in upwards of $80 by the time your money makes it to the investment bank of iraq. there is a fee for the transfer from your bank to the intermediary bank, intermediary to the investment bank. so if you are only sending over $200 then you have to factor in the wire fees and decide if the percentage of wire fee to wire amount is worth it. other than that, buying stock on the isx is a LOT simpler than buying on any of the american stock exchanges. filling the buy order is a cinch (i can help you with that if you need it). and you pretty much can't go wrong by initially buying banks.

Thanks Trinity! This makes me smile smile.gif. I get so caught up in the RV that I sometimes forget that I own stocks in the ISX. I always knew there was potential, but WOW!

oh yes my friend! the potential is here for us to become multi-millionaires. for real! there is no telling where 500,000 shares of Investment Bank of Middle East (BIME) might take you 10 years from now. foreign investors and investment bankers know this as well and that is why they are all priming to enter the market once the commercial banks receive licensure and they feel that the security is in place. we want to already be in the market so that their dollars rise our dollars to the top. the rush into the market will create incredible demand which will shock the market. if we are already in at the basement level, our profits will be immense. its like getting into amway when it was first starting out. as more and more people came onboard, the orginal members became multi-millionaires.
  • Upvote 1

Trinity:

Thank you for your insight.

Do you have the link that you posted in the past and will this show us exactly how to do

the entire process.

Also, is there a place for us to research to see which stocks would be the best to purchase.

Can we use any of our dinar for the ISX or do we need to transfer USD to the ISX account,

Thank you

Brian

• Upvote 1

Interesting......

How easy is it to buy/sell?

If you wish to sell, can it be done rather quickly?

And how is the process of wiring money back go? Quick & smooth, or long & painful?

What is the US value of a share of a bank currently listed on the ISX?

Interesting......

How easy is it to buy/sell? If you wish to sell, can it be done rather quickly?

extremely easy to buy, perhaps not as easy to sell. the iraqi market is not as liquid yet. from my understanding, they do not have market makers like we do on major indexes. so in order to sell, you need someone willing to buy. if it is a hot stock, selling is simple. if you get stuck with a not so hot stock, you might have to ride it out. something to really think about and it is a downside to trading on an newly born exchange.
And how is the process of wiring money back go? Quick & smooth, or long & painful?

can't say. i have not wired money back and don't plan to. i see this as a long term investment. completely different than when i traded penny stocks years ago.

What is the US value of a share of a bank currently listed on the ISX?

your usd will be exchanged to iqd once it arrives at the investment bank. the rate is approx $1200iqd per dollar. this is another perk to buying dinar electronically. i send over approx $850 usd and get a million dinar. in order to get a million dinar from an online broker it cost me $1200 usd. do the math on that my friend. you are looking at approx. 40% markup when you buy from dinar dealers online than buying electronically through warka bank or an isx broker. something to really consider.

• Upvote 2

extremely easy to buy, perhaps not as easy to sell. the iraqi market is not as liquid yet. from my understanding, they do not have market makers like we do on major indexes. so in order to sell, you need someone willing to buy. if it is a hot stock, selling is simple. if you get stuck with a not so hot stock, you might have to ride it out. something to really think about and it is a downside to trading on an newly born exchange.

can't say. i have not wired money back and don't plan to. i see this as a long term investment. completely different than when i traded penny stocks years ago.

your usd will be exchanged to iqd once it arrives at the investment bank. the rate is approx $1200iqd per dollar. this is another perk to buying dinar electronically. i send over approx $850 usd and get a million dinar. in order to get a million dinar from an online broker it cost me $1200 usd. do the math on that my friend. you are looking at approx. 40% markup when you buy from dinar dealers online than buying electronically through warka bank or an isx broker. something to really consider.

So, not only do you save yourself from ridiculous dealer mark-ups, you end up with digital currency that you can hold in the ISX for a long-term investment & not have to worry about exchanging.

How would the market prices reflect in the event of a (dreaded) R/D? Would they jump up by 1,000 and also be a value neutral event??

Or could we simply be seeing USD values of a stock jump up due to demand to extreme high figures like Kuwait regardless of a R/D or R/V?

And if it were to R/V, how would that affect our money in the ISX? Would it essentially be a double-dip scenario?

What I mean by double-dip is simply, your ISX holdings increases in value by R/V increase respectively & your ISX stock as it rises rides from that value..

So for example, if the IQD r/v's to $0.86 (1,000 times) and the stock rises 100 times in value, we essentially 100,000 times our money?

I think that would be INSANE...

• Upvote 1

thanks for the kind words my friend. yes, you can definitely start out small and here is why. with al-jazera brokerage there are no minimum shares! this is fantastic for people who can't afford to drop $1k usd everytime they want to buy some shares. also his brokerage fee is only 1%. your biggest concern will be bank wire transfer fees. you will easily pay in upwards of $80 by the time your money makes it to the investment bank of iraq. there is a fee for the transfer from your bank to the intermediary bank, intermediary to the investment bank. so if you are only sending over $200 then you have to factor in the wire fees and decide if the percentage of wire fee to wire amount is worth it. other than that, buying stock on the isx is a LOT simpler than buying on any of the american stock exchanges. filling the buy order is a cinch (i can help you with that if you need it). and you pretty much can't go wrong by initially buying banks.

Trinity,

I am an ISX believer I have my trading number but have not invested yet. One question, I thought the 200,000 minimum shares to buy was Iraq law not different from broker to broker? My broker as of right now is Warka and they make you buy a minimum of 200,000 shares. Correct me if I am wrong and please post your brokers email.

Edited by matthew6:19-21

And if it were to R/V, how would that affect our money in the ISX? Would it essentially be a double-dip scenario?

I think that would be INSANE...

BINGO! this is what i've been trying to explain to people. you are essentially double dipping. to simplify all of this, don't think in terms of dinar. think in terms of stock ownership. regardless of what the dinar world does, 500k shares is 500k shares. when you sell those shares, you will receive them at the market rate in IQD. when you exchange those iqd's for usd's you will receive usd at the current exchange rate. its that simple.

Trinity,

I am an ISX believer I have my trading number but have not invested yet. One question, I thought the 200,000 minimum shares to buy was Iraq law not different from broker to broker? My broker as of right now is Warka and they make you buy a minimum of 200,000 shares. Correct me if I am wrong and please post your brokers email.

give me a few days to confirm this and i will provide status. in the meantime i just looked through the isx law document and did not find your statement anywhere. as far as i know, minimum requirements imposed by rabee securities and warka bank is a statute of their specific policy not an exchange commission requirement.

BINGO! this is what i've been trying to explain to people. you are essentially double dipping. to simplify all of this, don't think in terms of dinar. think in terms of stock ownership. regardless of what the dinar world does, 500k shares is 500k shares. when you sell those shares, you will receive them at the market rate in IQD. when you exchange those iqd's for usd's you will receive usd at the current exchange rate. its that simple.

give me a few days to confirm this and i will provide status. in the meantime i just looked through the isx law document and did not find your statement anywhere. as far as i know, minimum requirements imposed by rabee securities and warka bank is a statute of their specific policy not an exchange commission requirement.

This is where I get a little confused.. I was hoping for great potential rewards regardless of a R/V or R/D. What we are seeing here is basically a way ot invest w/o paying dealer mark-ups, having digital IQD, and ROI regardless of R/V or R/D. From the looks of it, the R/V would provide a greater end-result, but, I'm trying to find what type of potential returns we may see if it were to R/D (Remove 3 zeros)...

That is why I was curious on the current USD value of the bank stocks... If they're still quite low, this could be a great opportunity to at least pull some profits long-term vs. hoping for a great R/V & double-dipping. May be a way to re-coup losses from a R/D, is what I was thinking.

This is where I get a little confused.. I was hoping for great potential rewards regardless of a R/V or R/D. What we are seeing here is basically a way ot invest w/o paying dealer mark-ups, having digital IQD, and ROI regardless of R/V or R/D. From the looks of it, the R/V would provide a greater end-result, but, I'm trying to find what type of potential returns we may see if it were to R/D (Remove 3 zeros)...

That is why I was curious on the current USD value of the bank stocks... If they're still quite low, this could be a great opportunity to at least pull some profits long-term vs. hoping for a great R/V & double-dipping. May be a way to re-coup losses from a R/D, is what I was thinking.

if it R/D, the isx will not be affected. there have been numerous publications addressing this concern. raising the zeros will have no affect on the stock market.

Brightling has been beating this drum for a few months now...I got my Warka account, so there will be no spread when and if it RVs, and then right into the ISX for me....Tele-communications and concrete companies are what I will be getting into, will wait for the IPO's...If everyone believes in Iraq, this is the way to go....most people are just going to go right thru their money so fast, their heads will be spinning....I am thinking long term for me and my family and my childrens children

if it R/D, the isx will not be affected. there have been numerous publications addressing this concern. raising the zeros will have no affect on the stock market.

See, I was doing simple math in terms of US value..

Lets say a bank in the ISX is $0.05 per share

Comparing it to KSE, it appears their stocks are a couple hundred per share (If I am reading it correctly).

I've seen quite a bit of range, but lets say they reach 250

Okay - that is an increase by about 5,000 times.

So, in theory, if you were to invest $1,000 into a bank, and the stock value jumped up to 250, you would clear $5 million.

Now keep in mind, this is regardless of a R/V or R/D

Am I on the right path of thinking? Are current bank shares even $0.05, or are they actually rated higher US value?

Greetings "TrinityeXchange " please tell about the ISX and how to work it and maybe some key banks or other stock to invest in.

I invested in Rv to help my church and other variables like Charities and my own Family so I would love to learn how to make it Big

Sincerely,

Rev. Brady C. Harness :rolleyes:

Am I on the right path of thinking? Are current bank shares even $0.05, or are they actually rated higher US value?

yes that is pretty much right on. like i say, always keep it simple and think in terms of # of shares instead of monetary value. currently NONE of the isx bank shares cost more than $0.01 usd. it is just like buying penny stocks. so take for instance BBOB (bank of baghdad) trading at $3.50 IQD which equates to $0.003 USD. you buy 300,000 shares which cost you $1.05M IQD or $900 USD. you now own 300,000 shares of this bank. now the economy in iraq booms and the banks boom and demand for BBOB pushes the share price to $275 IQD. your initial investment has just multipled 78x. 78 x 1.05M IQD = $82M IQD which equals $70K USD. THIS IS WITHOUT FACTORING IN AN RV OF THE CURRENCY!

but wait there is more!

because iraqi banks are trying so hard to attract investors, they continually offer bonus to their investors in the form of BONUS shares as well as PAID UP shares. for instance one of the banks just recently offered 50% bonus shares to their investors. this happens all the time. now add to all of this a speculative revaluation of the currency. what do you get?

• 300,000 shares of BBOB
  • PLUS all the added bonus shares for being an investor
  • PLUS the increase in value per share
  • PLUS a potential revaluation of the IQD

according to our rough example, your 300k shares that increased in value to $275 IQD per share increase your initial investment to a value of $82M IQD. then a revaluation of the currency happened and you waited until it came out to [2 USD to 1 IQD]. when you sell your stocks and bring that money back home, you would apply the new exchange rate and realize a wire deposit of $164M USD. and i never even factored in any bonus shares that you may have accumulated but it would not be unreasonable to realize a total share holding of 450,000 shares after accumulating 50% bonus shares. which would push the amount to $242M USD.

double check my work....my math isn't always the best. but i hope you get the picture. that same $900 USD used to purchase dinar through a dinar dealer would get you less than $750K IQD to your pocket. after the same rv exchange rate of 2:1 you would cash out at $1.5M USD. which is still pretty good for a $900 USD investment by all means.

i explained it to a buddy of mine the other day in these terms, "bro, your dinars are sitting at home drinking pina coladas while you go to work every day. my dinars are in the isx working 5 days a week, 2 hours a day to increase in value and make more dinars for me. you want your money working not sitting."

Greetings "TrinityeXchange " please tell about the ISX and how to work it and maybe some key banks or other stock to invest in.

I invested in Rv to help my church and other variables like Charities and my own Family so I would love to learn how to make it Big

Sincerely,

Rev. Brady C. Harness rolleyes.gif

hi there my friend and God bless! i certainly would not feel comfortable steering you in which banks to buy. with any investment there are inherent risks and i would feel extreme guilt if i goaded you toward complete loss of your money. however i don't think you can go wrong if you buy multiple banks and this way you diversify yourself against extreme loss. i suggest clicking the link i provided a few post north to a thread i started on how to get on the isx for free. pm me should you require further assistance. i am glad to help.

• Upvote 1

few days not needed. my broker already replied to my request for information @ 1am his time! eat your heart out warka. HA! tongue.gif

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. Our brokerage firm does not require our investors to buy a minimum number of shares in every buy/sell order. This applies to all our clients .It is in line with our policy to encourage non-Iraqis to invest on the ISX .

Best regards,

Hasan A.L.Abdul-Karim,

CEO,

Aljazera Brokerage.

I got my Account number from Aljazera in record time and sent my first buy request this morning and received an email back saying it was executed correctly, but need to wait til Sunday to have the buy made. Two days off for holiday.

I started with only a 100,000.00 IQD purchase just to test my skills and the system. I am quite content. I will place more tomorrow!!

And Warka Finally got my account number to me, but they do have a 200,000.00 IQD limit. Still not a large USD amount if one thinks about it.

I got my Account number from Aljazera in record time and sent my first buy request this morning and received an email back saying it was executed correctly, but need to wait til Sunday to have the buy made. Two days off for holiday.

I started with only a 100,000.00 IQD purchase just to test my skills and the system. I am quite content. I will place more tomorrow!!

And Warka Finally got my account number to me, but they do have a 200,000.00 IQD limit. Still not a large USD amount if one thinks about it.

Thats 200,000 shares not 200,000 IQD big difference.

Edited by matthew6:19-21

matthew is right haymon. please revisit what you are saying so that you make no mistakes. a 200,000 IQD minimum is different from a 200,000 minimum share purchase.

for instance, a 200,000 minimum share purchase of a stock trading at $5 IQD per share equals $1M IQD. these minimums make it almost impossible to purchase some of the higher priced stocks like hotels which trade at more than $30 IQD per share. purchasing them through warka would require a MINIMUM of $6M IQD (200,000 shares x $30 IQD).

with al-jazera there are no such minimums which allows us not so wealthy people to purchase any shares we like even the big hotels :D