Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BANK BRANCHES AND KNOWLEDGE OF IQD

Interesting perspective. Many main banks here already keep a security guard on duty during heavy traffic times. That would cut down on some of the cost, because they are already incurring it.

At least at my bank I don't think security is a big issue, I tried to get 9000.00 cash to barter with, in order to buy a used car, ( figured cash on hand would make things easier to get a better price)

But the bank said it would take a couple days to get that kinda cash in house. Wierd, but make"s me think everything is so electronic now that they really don"t keep much on hand? Thus perhaps

extra guards may not be a issue... Bank is PNC........ Just my thought.

At least at my bank I don't think security is a big issue, I tried to get 9000.00 cash to barter with, in order to buy a used car, ( figured cash on hand would make things easier to get a better price)

FYI, cash will not get you a better deal at a car dealer. We would much prefer that you finance, the banks all pay us a flat amount to set up loans so that allows us to give you a better price. If your going to pay "cash" most large car dealers prefer checks, it's much easier for us to deal with.

As far as the bank goes, I am not worred about anyone knowing that i have Dinar, just walk in like i own the place and do my transaction.

• Upvote 1

FYI, cash will not get you a better deal at a car dealer. We would much prefer that you finance, the banks all pay us a flat amount to set up loans so that allows us to give you a better price. If your going to pay "cash" most large car dealers prefer checks, it's much easier for us to deal with.

As far as the bank goes, I am not worred about anyone knowing that i have Dinar, just walk in like i own the place and do my transaction.

Good to know, guess I was just reverting to the older day's of bartering, when it seemed upfront cash got you farther, Make's sense cuz the dealer tried the finance thing, I ended up

doing a cashiers check

Quote: That is not true...I conceal carry into banks all the time, Here in texas...Unless it is posted on the front door that , that perticular bank does not allow weapons. The only places you are not allow to carry are inside airports,Courthouses,School Zones and place where 70% of your business is alcohol related.

I have said it before and say it again. Only in Texas!

Edited by uncirculd

Just took the concealed carry class, guess what banks are not on the list of places you cannot carry your weapon, my security stays with me at all times.

Banks are OK here in Florida. Can carry in without any problem. Also can carry in a bar that serves food. Just can't set at the bar. Can also carry into the courthouse as of 10/1/2011 as long as there are no meetings taking place. If it was banned at the bank, I would carry to the front door, give to a friend, and go on in. My security stays with me. And, yes, you can carry into the airport, just can't go through security with it, but in can be in your checked bags.

Good to know, guess I was just reverting to the older day's of bartering, when it seemed upfront cash got you farther, Make's sense cuz the dealer tried the finance thing, I ended up

doing a cashiers check

You are right from the old day's, the dealers had more cash flow problems versus now. I am speaking of larger dealers, a small used car lot that is "mom & pop" would still prefer cash because they can do things for you if your paying in cash that a bigger dealer can't and wouldn't do.. Enjoy your new vehicle.

But the bank said it would take a couple days to get that kinda cash in house. Wierd, but make"s me think everything is so electronic now that they really don"t keep much on hand? Thus perhaps

extra guards may not be a issue... Bank is PNC........ Just my thought.

That's pretty weird, that they couldn't cough up 9 grand at a moments notice. I was selling one car (privately) and buying another and trying to do it over the weekend so I ended up getting the 12 grand that I sold the old car for in cash from the guys bank on a Sunday and it was no problem.

Cash in hand on buying a used car can depend. If you're dangling it under the nose of a private seller I could see it helping, but with a dealership it doesn't really make much difference. I've worked at a few back in the day and they would actually much prefer that you finance because it gives them an extra shot at getting more money out of you.

Funny, I hadn't seen your post when I posted, and I even used the exact phrase "much prefer."

I'm sorry but I will not make an appointment, (I am NOT going to announce ahead of time that I have boo koo dinarooo) I WILL wear my worn torn work bib overalls and YES, I just might invest in some DEPENDS before the big visit. I might just forget to shower ahead of time also. that should help me to avoid the look of $$$$ :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2

Play it smart and be normal,do not stand out and drive your Lambo or what ever just like all the mods say and you all will not be in any trouble or better yet get in trouble with a gun !!!! I love guns and i do collect them but people use your heads and you will be ok !!!!

I don't have a great deal, but no matter what it RVs at, I'll just go in. Nobody needs to know that I have it. Even if they see my face and recognize me from this web site, they won't necessarily know when I go to cash it, or where I keep it at this moment.

As far as buying cars go, if it RVs at a good enough rate, it'd be nice to replace my 24 year old car. I don't do debt, so when they ask me what my monthly payment is, I'll tell them that I can handle payments of up to $25,000 per month (or whatever my car budget is), and that I've already been approved for a 0% loan from the Bank of Lorren, a small private bank that just opened up about a week ago.

I have not seen a bank guard for many years. . . in the US. I did see a bank guard in Hong Kong some years ago, though. And he was armed. . . . with a sub-machine gun.

I carry my own security.

I plan to.

I Used to. A Berreta with a flipup barrel.

Edited by estewart

since we are on the subject did you know that in the event that you are being robed at a ATM put in you ATM # backwards and the money will still come out ,but there will be more cops than you can shake a stick at in a split second

Works world wide

Ummm..hate to be the bearer of bad news - but not so. At least not in the US. It has never been adopted by the banking system here.

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_reverse_pin.htm

since we are on the subject did you know that in the event that you are being robed at a ATM put in you ATM # backwards and the money will still come out ,but there will be more cops than you can shake a stick at in a split second

Works world wide

randalln.......

Out of all due respect, I believe this is an urban legend. Would be a good idea though.

Just a quick thought.

If you have ever carried more than $3,000.00 in cash into a bank for a deposit and felt like a sitting duck imagine how you would feel carrying $500,000.00 in revalued IQD into your car, down the road and walk it through the parking lot into the bank to then wait in the bank to talk to the rep. doing the exchange. Imagine how the bank would feel about customers walking in with more cash than their large Brinks deliveries. IMO they would feel compelled to offer tight security at every branch location cashing us out.

Lets say the great day has come and we are ready to cash out. BOA has approximately 6,000 branches across the USA and Wells has about 6,300 branches. Security guards at every locations, say during a 6 week cashing in period. 2-3 guards at an average at $1,000.00 per week each guard (just a guess).

6000 brances X 3 guards for 6 weeks at $1,000.00 per guard.

6000 X 6 X 3 X $1,000.00 = $108,000,000.00 for security. ($108 million)

My point is - - Perhaps the smaller branches are unaquanted and unfamiliar with the IQD because they will never be involved in the cash out process!

To me it makes logical business sense to limit the cash out facilities to specific banking centers that will set up time specific apointments, provide extensive security and minimise the risk and expense exposure for the banks.

In simple terms, bank tellers and bank employees dont know whats going on because it does not involve them.

My 2 IQD for the day.

God bless!

maybe we should cross our fingers for an RV without a lop first then worry about the banks and security....

Works world wide

Wow!!! good info!! Obviously won't be doing any test runs any time soon but sure good to know! :)

First of all, if you think you will be able to walk out of a bank with 500,000 dollars, YOUR DEAD WRONG.

First, you would have to give notice to the bank of your cash needs.

Second, They will have to order the cash (they claim they don't even have 20k on hand - Trust me I tried twice to cash two large checks bigger than 20k and the checks were twice as much in value) Both at Wells Fargo and BofA.

Finally, your deposit will come in Electronic form.

Even if you managed to get a hold of 500k in cash withdraw, You will be on a FBI Watch list faster then you cansay Home Land Security. :unsure:

I don't know where you live but i carry mine every ware I go, Even the bank and NO it is NOT a felony to do so. As long as they do not post a "NO GUNS" sign you can carry in a bank.

It is not a federal institution it is a private Business. Look it up be for you reply.

by the way a I feel sorry for those who's self defense rights are trampled in states like CA. and NY etc..

I carry my own security.

Amen! My security happens to be from a small company located in Prescott, AZ - The Ruger Personal Security Company.

Works world wide

Seriously? WOW! I'll bet if you asked 100 people this question, 99.5 of them would not know this. Interesting...

post-35174-131451210554_thumb.jpg

I have a place in my basement that this would fit nicely. LOL.

This is my first post on this site. For what its worth, I called a Whitney banker in New Orleans yesterday to ask about dinars. She had sold us some euros a few years ago when we went to France. She said they had been selling dinars but got an email a little over a month ago instructing the bank to no longer sell dinars. Not sure what that means but there it is.

randalln.......

Out of all due respect, I believe this is an urban legend. Would be a good idea though.

I have to agree - You put your PIN code in backwards and you get an error - Incorrect PIN - NOT cash.

Think about it - If your PIN code was 21312 - you would have cops at the ATM every time you made a withdrawal IF this was even remotely possible.

I work in the ATM industry, so I can tell you it's bogus.

Edited by BJinMontreal
  • Upvote 1