Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LOP WILL NOT HAPPEN

Aqua Dude

main reason why the iraq won't LOP the currency and how it will all work:

iraq is a rich country not a poor one and lop'n will take away financial wealth from the INSIDE country once it "LOP's"

if you have 25000 and now its 25 IN COUNTRY you have lost money, the only way you wouldn't loose money in this senario is if actual price of items purchased goes down dramatically and equally to the LOP, which is highly unlikely and has never happened(stores would be shut down for days while they redo everything from price tags to accounting books, even the way their cash register works), so that means the purchasing power of the dinar must go up dramatically to reflect the IN COUNTRY WEALTH

dinar value goes up, price stays the same, but instead of quoted in US dollars & iraqi dinars such as a snikers bar costing $1 or 1170 dinars, it would now be 1.17 dinars for that snikers and the US price is no longer posted because dinars are used.

Now the lower denoms are used to give back change to the customer that used his old 1k note to pay for that 1.17 snikers (you see how the iraqis get their wealth back)

that large note is turned into the bank and the bank will give that store back 1k worth of lower notes

the bank send the 1k not to the CBI, and the CBI gives that bank 1k worth of lower denoms

the CBI has now deleted, removed, cut a single 1000 note, or a three zero note :P

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

Aquadude.. I already posted this but it bears repeating...

Phoenix said something appropriate last night.... Seek and you shall find"... seek for why you think the RV will not happen or a reason for it to come out low... and you are sure to find.

He is referring to Shabbibi and Maliki and "all" others saying it is time to replace the currency while only one of Maliki's advisers warns of danger and demanded that they not change the currency.

Just one of Malaki's adviser's disagreed. Not Shabbibi, not Maliki, not the parliament, not the ministry of planning, not the ministry of finance, not the president.... just one person. But if your mindset is "something bad is going to happen"... you will focus on the one and find some reason to back up your negative mindset. Just sayin! wink.gif

Link: http://articlesofint...d-ye-shall.html

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81311-bondlady/page__st__40#ixzz1WAV8Yj90

I think this about sums up the mentality of the lopsters... that, and they are just plain crabby! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Didt we go over this before with you aqua dude? Did you not do your homework on redenominations like you were assigned? Prices are changed when a RD happens....items will have two prices....what costs 25k normally you will be able to purchase with a new 25 note....you can use either one to purchase the same item and yes this has been done many times before.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Phoenix said something appropriate last night.... Seek and you shall find"... seek for why you think the RV will not happen or a reason for it to come out low... and you are sure to find.

He is referring to Shabbibi and Maliki and "all" others saying it is time to replace the currency while only one of Maliki's advisers warns of danger and demanded that they not change the currency.

Just one of Malaki's adviser's disagreed. Not Shabbibi, not Maliki, not the parliament, not the ministry of planning, not the ministry of finance, not the president.... just one person. But if your mindset is "something bad is going to happen"... you will focus on the one and find some reason to back up your negative mindset. Just sayin! wink.gif

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81311-bondlady/page__st__40#ixzz1WAV8Yj90

I think this about sums up the mentality of the lopsters... that, and they are just plain crabby! rolleyes.gif

agreed.

• Upvote 1

did you even read what i typed....or did you just see LOP and figured i was on the side of "its going to LOP"

I posted an anti-LOP post

maybe im getting your post wrong, but im not focused on or trying to find any information of it LOP'n at all, i know its not going to.....please come again, i think i may be missing something

Didt we go over this before with you aqua dude? Did you not do your homework on redenominations like you were assigned? Prices are changed when a RD happens....items will have two prices....what costs 25k normally you will be able to purchase with a new 25 note....you can use either one to purchase the same item and yes this has been done many times before.....

nope this is not what is going to happen, NOPE :lol::lol::lol::lol:

remeber 6th grade math.....removing three zeros by moving over the decimal......

move the decimal three space to the left and you have your "DINAR TO THE DOLLAR"

• Upvote 1

Actually, if you want to listen to Shabibi and Saleh and the CBI, then you have to listen to EVERYTHING they say. (which I believe is a good idea; they are the only ones who have been right so far).

Therefore, what are you going to do with the numerous CBI statements that say very very clearly that the value of the Dinar will NOT BE AFFECTED?

If the value wasnt going to go DOWN, they would just say 'the value will not decrease". But no, they dont say that. They use the words 'not affected'. This phrase, unfortunately, not can mean, but absolutely means, will not change (up or down).

So either the CBI is lying, or they aren't.

and Aqua Dude, your reasons for why Iraq can't LOP basically boils down to 'because it would be inconvenient for store clerks'?

I believe very strongly that they will do exactly what they have said they will do. The large notes will be the same value as the new small denoms, and both will be used at the same time, as they gradually phase out the old ones.

The only way the money keeps it's value, is if all goods and services in the country (to include wages), also go down by the same three zeros. So yes, a pack of gum in a store which yesterday cost 10 dinar, will now cost .01 dinar.

• Upvote 5

Actually, if you want to listen to Shabibi and Saleh and the CBI, then you have to listen to EVERYTHING they say. (which I believe is a good idea; they are the only ones who have been right so far).

Therefore, what are you going to do with the numerous CBI statements that say very very clearly that the value of the Dinar will NOT BE AFFECTED?

If the value wasnt going to go DOWN, they would just say 'the value will not decrease". But no, they dont say that. They use the words 'not affected'. This phrase, unfortunately, not can mean, but absolutely means, will not change (up or down).

So either the CBI is lying, or they aren't.

and Aqua Dude, your reasons for why Iraq can't LOP basically boils down to 'because it would be inconvenient for store clerks'?

I believe very strongly that they will do exactly what they have said they will do. The large notes will be the same value as the new small denoms, and both will be used at the same time, as they gradually phase out the old ones.

The only way the money keeps it's value, is if all goods and services in the country (to include wages), also go down by the same three zeros. So yes, a pack of gum in a store which yesterday cost 10 dinar, will now cost .01 dinar.

378862-mostly_real_world_makes_sense_random_elements_thrown_there.jpg

• Upvote 3

+1 for you Rich and+ 1 for you keep. I think we have all stated the same things to the same people. They are just un willing to understand the facts. Unfortunately for all of us we will be getting the last laugh and I stress that's unfortunate. Also the Godzilla photo hilarious.

Look - CBI has already stated what they want to do. GET THE DINAR TO THE USD!!! They've SAID IT!! Now.... we wait ;)

Yes they did say that, but all of that was ment to happen well after the R/D (LOP). They want to bring in the old currency first. Also what they would like and what they will untimatly be able to do can be totally different

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

well, what do you think will happen with the currency? How about adding something positive. Playground tactics of attacking someone else's ideas because you can't express your own don't work in adult land :(

no LOP. i agree. whatever happens...a 10,000 dinar note will be used alongslide the 1,000 dinar note...and the 10,000 dinar note will be worth 10 x 1,000 dinars.

the new 1 dinar note or coin will be used for day to day spending like your snickers bar or a nice kebab...and your 10,000 dinar note will be worth 10,000 of the new 1 dinars.....no LOP...no worries.

like i said before....many investors bought the current dinars in faith... legal transactions were made by all of us.

say you bought 1 million dinars...that means you bought 1 million units of something. you expect a return on those 1 million units...like shares.... i have actual shares in other things...like companies.

i just bought 43,000 shares in a company at 4 cents a share.

that company will honour my purchase...they will never suddenly LOP and tell me that my 43,000 shares have suddenly become 43 shares...no way Jose!!!

if i and many others are told that our millions of IQD units have suddenly become thousands of units....whoah! lookout..there'll be lawsuits galore! to the IQD sellers, for starters...lookout Ali, hehehe...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

no LOP. i agree. whatever happens...a 10,000 dinar note will be used alongslide the 1,000 dinar note...and the 10,000 dinar note will be worth 10 x 1,000 dinars.

the new 1 dinar note or coin will be used for day to day spending like your snickers bar or a nice kebab...and your 10,000 dinar note will be worth 10,000 of the new 1 dinars.....no LOP...no worries.

like i said before....many investors bought the current dinars in faith... legal transactions were made by all of us.

say you bought 1 million dinars...that means you bought 1 million units of something. you expect a return on those 1 million units...like shares.... i have actual shares in other things...like companies.

i just bought 43,000 shares in a company at 4 cents a share.

that company will honour my purchase...they will never suddenly LOP and tell me that my 43,000 shares have suddenly become 43 shares...no way Jose!!!

if i and many others are told that our millions of IQD units have suddenly become thousands of units....whoah! lookout..there'll be lawsuits galore! to the IQD sellers, for starters...lookout Ali, hehehe...

You don't think a company offering shares can do the exact same thing that a central bank can do with a redenomination? Look up the term 'reverse stock split'. It's a process that can be used by a company to consolidate the number of shares that they have issued to increase the value of individual shares. There are a number of reasons a company may perform the action.

For an example, Citigroup did a 1 for 10 reverse split of it's common shares earlier this year (Link)

In Citigroup's case, they reduced the amount of outstanding shares from ~29 billion to ~2.9 billion. If the value of the stock was $5 before the split, it would have been worth $50 per share after - no loss, no gain for the shareholder, except what happens in the market after they made the change.

If you check out the CBI laws, they have already written in the point that they can change the currency and only be liable for the actual value during such an exchange. If a person has 1 million dinar which has an actual value of $854, then if they introduce a new currency to replace the old, they are only required to give a person $854 worth of the new currency.

That falls under Article 36 of the CBI Law of 2004, which is available HERE

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 3

You don't think a company offering shares can do the exact same thing that a central bank can do with a redenomination? Look up the term 'reverse stock split'. It's a process that can be used by a company to consolidate the number of shares that they have issued to increase the value of individual shares. There are a number of reasons a company may perform the action.

For an example, Citigroup did a 1 for 10 reverse split of it's common shares earlier this year (Link)

In Citigroup's case, they reduced the amount of outstanding shares from ~29 billion to ~2.9 billion. If the value of the stock was $5 before the split, it would have been worth $50 per share after - no loss, no gain for the shareholder, except what happens in the market after they made the change.

yes, i know. thank you...but as you say, no loss in value....but some Loppers are talking about such shares to suddenly be worth the same purchase price after the split, if you know what i mean.... 2.9 billion shares at $5.

thanks for your input.

main reason why the iraq won't LOP the currency and how it will all work:

iraq is a rich country not a poor one and lop'n will take away financial wealth from the INSIDE country once it "LOP's"

if you have 25000 and now its 25 IN COUNTRY you have lost money, the only way you wouldn't loose money in this senario is if actual price of items purchased goes down dramatically and equally to the LOP, which is highly unlikely and has never happened(stores would be shut down for days while they redo everything from price tags to accounting books, even the way their cash register works), so that means the purchasing power of the dinar must go up dramatically to reflect the IN COUNTRY WEALTH

dinar value goes up, price stays the same, but instead of quoted in US dollars & iraqi dinars such as a snikers bar costing $1 or 1170 dinars, it would now be 1.17 dinars for that snikers and the US price is no longer posted because dinars are used.

Now the lower denoms are used to give back change to the customer that used his old 1k note to pay for that 1.17 snikers (you see how the iraqis get their wealth back)

that large note is turned into the bank and the bank will give that store back 1k worth of lower notes

the bank send the 1k not to the CBI, and the CBI gives that bank 1k worth of lower denoms

the CBI has now deleted, removed, cut a single 1000 note, or a three zero note :P

No clue, Dude. And there's no point in explaining "why." But I find I can't help say this. When an RD occurs, there will be NO CHANGE in purchasing power, so your premise is fundamentally altogether totally completely fully entirely wrong.

• Upvote 2

yes, i know. thank you...but as you say, no loss in value....but some Loppers are talking about such shares to suddenly be worth the same purchase price after the split, if you know what i mean.... 2.9 billion shares at $5.

thanks for your input.

In the case of a redenomination (lop), the two currencies would exist together with 1 million old dinar carrying the same purchasing power as 1 thousand new dinar. During the period of dual currency usage, a person could walk in to a store and buy an item costing 25,000 old dinar with either 1 25,000 old dinar note or 1 new 25 dinar note.

I have seen some people try and argue that in a redenomination (lop) that there would be some sort of loss in value, which there wouldn't be. The only loss for speculators would be the involving premiums paid, shipping and spread for converting back to their own national currency.

Usually the people that are arguing that there would be a loss in value with a redenomination (lop) either have not researched the process or are trying to convince themselves or others that the dinar is in some shape or form a guaranteed profit maker, which it is not.

• Upvote 1

"I have seen some people try and argue that in a redenomination (lop) that there would be some sort of loss in value, which there wouldn't be. The only loss for speculators would be the involving premiums paid, shipping and spread for converting back to their own national currency. "

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81454-lop-will-not-happen/#ixzz1WBNAma4F

'Xactly the case. Thus, we CAN suffer a loss, but it has nothing to directly do to the value of the Dinar.

Ok lets think about the Iraqi engineer who makes 50 million dinar a year or roughly 50 thousand USD worth of dinar per year. You could call this guy middle class but in Iraq he would be considered wealthy. Say he has been working in Iraq for 15 to 20 years even through the war, worked for Sadam at one point now he still has a job and is doing fine. He would probably be one of the Iraqis with a bank account and over the years he has saved 300 million dinar. Please someone with a straight face even though I cant see it, tell me that this guy is going to wake up one morning to find out that he is now worth 300 million USD or if your an Okie fan 900 million USD. All for doing nothing. Talk about a powerball winner and he never even bought a ticket. Multiply this senerio throughout Iraq. Most have nothing but a good amount have jobs and any that do are going to be rich beyond their wildest dreams while the rest are going to remain dirt poor. How do you think that is going to go over?

+1 for you Rich and+ 1 for you keep. I think we have all stated the same things to the same people. They are just un willing to understand the facts. Unfortunately for all of us we will be getting the last laugh and I stress that's unfortunate. Also the Godzilla photo hilarious.

Yes they did say that, but all of that was ment to happen well after the R/D (LOP). They want to bring in the old currency first. Also what they would like and what they will untimatly be able to do can be totally different

agreed. we wait.

Ok lets think about the Iraqi engineer who makes 50 million dinar a year or roughly 50 thousand USD worth of dinar per year. You could call this guy middle class but in Iraq he would be considered wealthy. Say he has been working in Iraq for 15 to 20 years even through the war, worked for Sadam at one point now he still has a job and is doing fine. He would probably be one of the Iraqis with a bank account and over the years he has saved 300 million dinar. Please someone with a straight face even though I cant see it, tell me that this guy is going to wake up one morning to find out that he is now worth 300 million USD or if your an Okie fan 900 million USD. All for doing nothing. Talk about a powerball winner and he never even bought a ticket. Multiply this senerio throughout Iraq. Most have nothing but a good amount have jobs and any that do are going to be rich beyond their wildest dreams while the rest are going to remain dirt poor. How do you think that is going to go over?

Maybe he would be wealthy again and the rest wont be dirt poor anymore? isnt this what they want for there people and country? and wouldnt that be the whole

point of the RV.

Maybe he would be wealthy again and the rest wont be dirt poor anymore? isnt this what they want for there people and country? and wouldnt that be the whole

point of the RV.

That may sound good in theory but reality no so good. Most people in Iraq have been stocking up on Dinar. How would the majority of the people become millionaires help Iraq. People would be like screw this don't have to work ever again. Businesses could not operate if there is not people to work. Well actually most businesses would close because they would not have to work. Not only tht but Iraq cant just say that they want their currency to be $3.00 just because they want it to be that amount. The rest of the world has to accept that same amount otherwise they will be in the same boat as before. Sadam had a rate no one recognized. It has to be a good compromise that helps Iraq and the rest of the world.

• Upvote 2