Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Continental Currency Exchange

Heinzy444

'QUOTE OF THE DAY !!!tongue.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - yes , for sure - now that I look back. The Dong's a tricky subject to handle in written word and orally - the mind wanders into a strange groove as soon as the Dong makes it's entrance.

Edited by Heinzy444

Just called the bank where I bought mine (First National Bank of Texas Bedford branch) and they said they are still selling Dinar.

Super Wal-Mart

Address: 4101 Hwy 121

Super Wal-Mart

Bedford, TX 76021

Phone Number: 817-545-6827

Toll Free: 1-800-903-7490

Go RV :)

• Upvote 2

Just called the bank where I bought mine (First National Bank of Texas Bedford branch) and they said they are still selling Dinar.

Super Wal-Mart

Address: 4101 Hwy 121

Super Wal-Mart

Bedford, TX 76021

Phone Number: 817-545-6827

Toll Free: 1-800-903-7490

Go RV :)

Don't mess with Texas - makes sense they would hang on the longest :) ..... I was in Tampa 3 weeks ago - went to a huge Mall just off of I275 North - they had a currency exchange near the food court - they were still selling and buying - I might call them and see if they still do. Good work everybody - getting exciting again after a very long wait.

Edited by Heinzy444

Great, thanks !!! .. getting several "reasons" but bottom line it's gone, just 10 days (approx.) ago we could buy and sell - and just recently (last week) one girl from the Kitchener Branch said changes coming Aug.28/29 2011 - we'll see, who knows, could be something or it could be just the new money being released (as per my original post)

so all this commotion is based on what one girl says that works at a currency exchange? did you ever think she is getting her info from okie or blaino? i guess we will see in a few days but i have been on this part of the rollercoaster before.

• Downvote 1

so all this commotion is based on what one girl says that works at a currency exchange? did you ever think she is getting her info from okie or blaino? i guess we will see in a few days but i have been on this part of the rollercoaster before.

Hey weneed.I called CCI after I saw this thread as did others.Similar info has also been posted previously as well and this thread in particular has been confirmed from various persons.It's all here previous to your post,so rest assured this info is not from the infamous blaino or okie or any of the other so called "guru's".I wouldn't say this is a definite pre-cursor to the RV but it is very positive news that something is about to change regarding the Dinar.It is also the first real information from ANY institution I have contacted that something is brewing.Like I said earlier,take it with a grain of salt but rest assured this info is true.

Oh and Heinzy,forgot earlier,welcome to DV my friend!

Cheers,

Sparky

• Upvote 2

This is not A rumour ... a senior TD Bank Manager in Canada (that owns Dinar) but is unable to buy Dinar via her Bank was purchasing IQD from Continental Currency Exchange (Canada) - she noted on Fri. they have officially stopped buying and selling (although I think it's been about 10 days total) - when asked why, the agent at CCE stated that big changes were coming to the IQD on Aug.28/29 2011 - I just called CCE 10 minutes ago and am now getting a new excuse - she said the Gov. just restricted the currency (not sure if ours or theirs)? Take this how you want to; RV/RI or simply that the new currency is about to make it's appearance.

I'm new here (although not new to the IQD - 5 years and counting) - Good luck to all - this may be our final week of waiting.

Heinzy

Heinzy you are right Continental Currency Exchange did stop selling Dinars and Dong.

I personally went to three locations and was turned down the last 10 days on several attempts and was told they do not sell to “INVESTORS”. Never did I claim to be an investor but the only way they would sell me if I can show them a flight ticket to Iraq or Vietnam respectively.

I reported this to the Canadian Privacy Commissioner and the Human Rights Office who emphatically stated that they have no right to do any of that but for their actions to have impact would probably be after RV.

In the London Ontario office of Continental Currency Exchange I even had a fully pre-paid order for 1M Dinar for 2 weeks and Assistant Manager Ornela Strefi returned the money to me without an apology.

Here are the three Branches that turned me down even though they sold to me in the past:

Masonville Place Mall, London (519) 850-0111 Ms. Ornela Strefi Ass.Manager

Cambridge City Centre, Cambridge (519) 624-4411

Devonshire Mall, Windsor (519) 250-1007

These nice people I am sure would only be too happy to confirm this if you call them.

Office Hours EST/EDT are:

M-F : 9:30am - 8:00pm

Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm

This is not A rumour ... a senior TD Bank Manager in Canada (that owns Dinar) but is unable to buy Dinar via her Bank was purchasing IQD from Continental Currency Exchange (Canada) - she noted on Fri. they have officially stopped buying and selling (although I think it's been about 10 days total) - when asked why, the agent at CCE stated that big changes were coming to the IQD on Aug.28/29 2011 - I just called CCE 10 minutes ago and am now getting a new excuse - she said the Gov. just restricted the currency (not sure if ours or theirs)? Take this how you want to; RV/RI or simply that the new currency is about to make it's appearance.

I'm new here (although not new to the IQD - 5 years and counting) - Good luck to all - this may be our final week of waiting.

Heinzy

Heinzy you are right Continental Currency Exchange did stop selling Dinars and Dong.

I personally went to three locations and was turned down the last 10 days on several attempts and was told they do not sell to “INVESTORS”. Never did I claim to be an investor but the only way they would sell me if I can show them a flight ticket to Iraq or Vietnam respectively.

I reported this to the Canadian Privacy Commissioner and the Human Rights Office who emphatically stated that they have no right to do any of that but for their actions to have impact would probably be after RV.

In the London Ontario office of Continental Currency Exchange I even had a fully pre-paid order for 1M Dinar for 2 weeks and Assistant Manager Ornela Strefi returned the money to me without an apology.

Here are the three Branches that turned me down even though they sold to me in the past:

Masonville Place Mall, London (519) 850-0111 Ms. Ornela Strefi Ass.Manager

Cambridge City Centre, Cambridge (519) 624-4411

Devonshire Mall, Windsor (519) 250-1007

These nice people I am sure would only be too happy to confirm this if you call them.

Office Hours EST/EDT are:

M-F : 9:30am - 8:00pm

Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm

Wow ... crazy story, and thanks for sharing ... sorry you got the run around and good for you for reporting them.... I'm not a conspiracy theorist but part of me wonders if they are just retaining what they have left for themselves ... since one agent thought the 'big change" is merely a week away - so she says...who knows really, but it's all sounding like a go.

If you are looking to buy and you can get to Tampa, I just called and they are trading still.... need a sunny vacation ?? Kidding of course ...good luck ...I do hope you have some dinar for yourself though.

"Back in late May I took a road trip to Calgary, and when I reached the border to enter Canada the border patrol held me up for a considerably long time to check me out thoroughly. Since I was traveling alone and it was in the middle of the week, guess I looked suspicious. Anyway, while I was told to have a seat inside the facility, the agent went through all of my belongings I had locked away in the rear of my vehicle, and discovered that I had a large amount of IQD stored away in my stuff. He methodically counted each and every note, and even checked the receipts for purchase that I also carried with me."

BillioO - Did it ever occur to you that you looked supicious because you are an alien? LOL

Great info! Thanks for sharing. You too Heinzy.

Edited by FarmersDaughter
  • Upvote 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - yes , for sure - now that I look back. The Dong's a tricky subject to handle in written word and orally - the mind wanders into a strange groove as soon as the Dong makes it's entrance.

I wonder what country sells the "Ding" to go with the "Dong"? rolleyes.gif

"Back in late May I took a road trip to Calgary, and when I reached the border to enter Canada the border patrol held me up for a considerably long time to check me out thoroughly. Since I was traveling alone and it was in the middle of the week, guess I looked suspicious. Anyway, while I was told to have a seat inside the facility, the agent went through all of my belongings I had locked away in the rear of my vehicle, and discovered that I had a large amount of IQD stored away in my stuff. He methodically counted each and every note, and even checked the receipts for purchase that I also carried with me."

BillioO - Did it ever occur to you that you looked supicious because you are an alien? LOL

Great info! Thanks for sharing. You too Heinzy.

Oops, you're so right FarmersDaughter. It never occurred to me that just because my skin is blue and I have a really large head, the border patrol would suspect something. Duh!!!

Thanks for the compliment though. I really appreciate it.

Edited by billio0

A recent article out this past week stated that Iraq was going to resrtict the sales of the dinar via the bank auctions due to speculators. This will make it more difficult to acquire dinar outside of iraq and most banks and currency brokers will have less to sell. This would seem to be a practicle and common sense move on their part if they were about to rais the value of their currency. The less that is curculation the better.

Sounds to me like that WAS a big change to the IQD in Canada..............just saying ya know.............doesn't take a rocket scientist to decipher that messege.......

No, she specifically said "a big change was coming Aug.28/29 and that is why we stopped selling" - point taken though, I guess we have one confirmed "big change" and another to follow - we hope.

We have a lot of great information in this thread - especially from Sparky's phone call to Canada - great work people. At least we only have a week for this date to go Boom or Bust.

Here's a post from another site from yesterday morning that relates to this topic:

NEWS... NEWS... NEWS!

Continental Currency Exchange has offices across Canada.

Last week all the management and staff received a mass email discussing the new Iraqi denominations.

All branches are halting sales of large denominations and may even be selling them back to their suppliers.

They are now waiting for the new, smaller denominations before they start selling again!

I was told this directly from a teller at a Continental Currency Exchange branch.

HEINZY?Are you the German version of Fonzie? You know the guy from Happy Days? :huh:

Ha, funny you should ask, I'm surrounded by Germans. I only know one German word, "Guzentite" - people say it after you sneeze - but my German neighbor pointed out that it is actually the German word for "virgin" - go figure.

Here's a post from another site from yesterday morning that relates to this topic:

NEWS... NEWS... NEWS!

Continental Currency Exchange has offices across Canada.

Last week all the management and staff received a mass email discussing the new Iraqi denominations.

All branches are halting sales of large denominations and may even be selling them back to their suppliers.

They are now waiting for the new, smaller denominations before they start selling again!

I was told this directly from a teller at a Continental Currency Exchange branch.

And the plot thickens ...... thanks for tracking that down and sharing.

• Upvote 2

Ha, funny you should ask, I'm surrounded by Germans. I only know one German word, "Guzentite" - people say it after you sneeze - but my German neighbor pointed out that it is actually the German word for "virgin" - go figure.

I am fairly sure (and German by descent) that it's "gesundheit" which means to your health, but hey, whatever works :)

• Upvote 1