Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rumor from a very reputable source!

Gasketman

I received an e-mail today from a reputable source stating we will not see the RV until the violence within Iraq is stable. The last 3 weeks have been extremely volatile and deadly.

The country is too unstable at this time, Iraq doesn't need the RV to happen right now, they are selling oil for Petro Dollars and signing new contracts daily. He said look to the first quarter of 2012 as long as the violence has stabilized. Like he said half the country doesn't have electricity and the other half no water supply, the RV is not high on the priority list!

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 46

I dont know who HE is, but there is alot more going on than HE knows obviously. I dont need to repost the recent articles coming out of Iraq, but we are going to see an end to this thing one way or another way before 2012. I am not saying we are going to get the result we want, although i am still hopeful.... but this ride is coming to an end.

Edited by waitn
  • Upvote 7

Even after the RV, I believe there will still be a lot of instability and some continued violence.... and they already know this too. So, really, when is the right time to wait for? What is their "threshold"? At this point... I feel that threshold has been met and they know they must make the move toward revaluation to help take care of the unrest and instability.

• Upvote 9

I dont know who HE is, but there is alot more going on than HE knows obviously. I dont need to repost the recent articles coming out of Iraq, but we are going to see an end to this thing one way or another way before 2012. I am not saying we are going to get the result we want, although i am still hopeful.... but this ride is coming to an end.

Great post! I totally agree with you. GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 2

Thats not what my guy said

He said if they don't give them a way to buy from other countries fast they will fall apart

the companies coming in cant get food because the store owners money just dose not buy enough on the open market to support all the new customers ....................

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Even after the RV, I believe there will still be a lot of instability and some continued violence.... and they already know this too. So, really, when is the right time to wait for? What is their "threshold"? At this point... I feel that threshold has been met and they know they must make the move toward revaluation to help take care of the unrest and instability.

You litterly took the word right out of my mouth. Totally agree with you.

• Upvote 1

I think this ride will continue as long as we let it. Everyone knew this would be a long ride, what is a long ride? 7 years isnt long? I dont know who "HE" is, but "HE" doesnt know anymore then any of us. Maybe in Sept we will start to get some facts and really see if this is moving anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Sorry the violence issue is obsurd. I stipulate that the violence will increase UNLESS the RV occurs. Those Iraqis are are living on some of the wealthiest land on earth, yet they live in poverty. I also suggest that that all this anger and violence resulting from US troops in country will also subside once people have money to spend and rebuild their lives.

• Upvote 6

I don't know who your reputable source is but I spent 2yrs driving the roads of Iraq (from one end of the country to the other) and they have power and water I saw it myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trouble over there is coming across the border from Iran, it's not the people of Iraq doing this stuff. I talked to a lot of Iraqi's and they want the crap to end also and there money

back to where is was in the 80's and 90's. Who ever sent you the email is full of Bull S~$t. :angry:

GO RV

• Upvote 7

I know he means well ...gasket man has always been upfront, but I totally disagree with him on this one...I would think that in order for Iraq to move forward it will take a lot of money and while they have petro dollars they won't be getting much of anything else because our country can't pay for what it's giving away now....maybe china????

Thats not what my guy said

He said if they don't give them a way to buy from other countries fast they will fall apart

the companies coming in cant get food because the store owners money just dose not buy enough on the open market to support all the new customers ....................

I am so glad that you hopped in here and for those that are questioning what is happening they need to understand that the IRAQI people are suffering and need relief

You need have been over there to see the suffering...then you might understand.....

People need to take their head out of their A** and look at the human side of things...

• Upvote 1

And since they passed the law not to Use $

The new companies have to use dinar 15k-25k per person per meal can you imagine 200 foreign workers too feed .

Okay now thats a stretch.....show me where there's a law that passed, telling Iraqis they can't use dollars...I hope I'm wrong... I hope your right......I heard this mentioned, but never saw anything else about it.....

Dame

I'm sure gasketmans source means well and he definitely has his opinion, but I'm not buying it either. Londons been burning, kids out of control in Pennsylvania, I could go on and on. The worlds virtually on fire, and to think that nothing positive can happen because a portion of society is out of whack doesn't make sense. Life is going on, business will continue, some will win, some will loose. This ride will definitely come to an end, one way or another. Staying positive and content in Kansas!

• Upvote 1

I was a little worried when the violence that happened in the past week broke out, and the empact it would have on Iraqs progress. But, about a hour ago, "Quietlearner" posted an article in the news section, and I found it to be very encouraging in spite of the recent events.........

Investors Look for Opportunities in Iraqi Recovery CNBC today

The thought of investing in Iraq may make some investors cringe, but others argue the situation is changing on the ground. Given the euro zone debt jitters, a weaker outlook for the US economy and fears of some emerging markets overheating, it may be worth a consideration.

As the debate rages on as to whether some US troops should remain after a planned withdrawal at the end of the year, the security situation is still volatile. A top US official earlier said that Iraq “is less safe than a year ago”. Figures released by the health ministry showed that the number of civilians killed by violence in the country rose to 159 in July, marking one of the worst months of the year.

But Shwan Taha, Owner of Rabee Securities, believes it is now “much better” in comparison to 2005-2007.

“There are much more dangerous places on earth that investors are flocking to and where the rewards are less than those in Iraq,” he told CNBC.

Here are some numbers to ruminate on. The 10-year sovereign bond yields for Iraq, at 6.65 percent, are roughly on par with Italy and Spain, and lower than Ireland and Portugal. Similar patterns can be found in Iraq’s credit default swaps (CDS), or the cost of insuring the country’s debt against default for five years.

And the violence “does not seem to be having any effect on foreign direct investment (FDI), which is increasing, substantially,” Hussain Qaragholi, Vice President of the US Iraq Business Council and Managing Partner of Phoenix Capital, told CNBC in an interview.

FDI into Iraq increased by 175 percent in 2010, data from fDiIntelligence showed. The country took 7 percent of FDI flows into the Middle East region in 2010, up from 2 percent in 2009, becoming the fourth leading destination in the region.

Dunia Frontier Consultants, a financial services company, estimates some $45.6 billion in investments flowed into Iraq in the first half of 2011, already surpassing the total for 2010.

You can see the impact everywhere. The Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) is up more than 40 percent so far this year, making it one of the best performing markets in the world - compared to the Egyptian Stock Exchange, down 35 percent year-to-date. Trading is often thin, but greater prospects may be around the corner.

Qaragholi looks forward to the listing of Iraq’s telecom initial public offerings, possibly doubling or tripling the market value of the stock exchange, currently just above $4 billion. It is a modest number, even by regional standards.

A substantial amount of investment goes into the oil and gas sector. Iraq is a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, not bound by quotas, and currently exports 2.7 million barrels per day (bpd). The plan is to expand output to 3 million bpd by the end of the year, and 12 million bpd by 2017.

A final draft agreement was signed earlier in July by the government with Royal Dutch Shell cnbc_comboQuoteMove('popup_RDSA-GB_ID0EWKAC15839609');[RDSA-GB 2005.50 ] cnbc_quoteComponent_init_getData("RDSA-GB","WSODQ_COMPONENT_RDSA-GB_ID0EWKAC15839609","WSODQ","true","ID0EWKAC15839609","off","false","inLineQuote"); and Mitsubishi, paving the way for a $12 billion deal to capture flared gas in the south.

Aside from oil and gas, what else is out there? Taha said he is very interested in the services sectors. “Personally I try to stay away from the flavor of the month and look a bit more long term,” he said.

http://www.cnbc.com//id/44156103

Read more:

Quote, "“There are much more dangerous places on earth that investors are flocking to and where the rewards are less than those in Iraq,” he told CNBC."

And Quote, "And the violence “does not seem to be having any effect on foreign direct investment (FDI), which is increasing, substantially,” Hussain Qaragholi, Vice President of the US Iraq Business Council and Managing Partner of Phoenix Capital, told CNBC in an interview."

It's true, many articles are coming out telling us of all of the BIG investments being made in Irag....Fast Trains...5-Star Hotels....Oil Contracts...etc. In my opinion...all is good, but I do pray over the recent devastating deaths in their country....

Go...RI