Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi in talks with the prime minister, Noor al-Maliki, on how to go ahead with the bid to issue dinars

I believe that this is just more of the "propoganda" being put out! I look to see the opposite of what's being released to the media. I also believe that they are farther along than what they are stating! Wouldnt be one bit suprised to see an RV or RI announcement at any time this weekend! Look at all the BS they have been feeding us so far.....I dont believe anything they release to their media over there!

I could not agree more. Do not watch what they say, watch what they do. I believe they are so much further along than we have any idea of. They do things and we hear about it two weeks later. Look at the laws they Parliament put into effect since June 2011. Unbelievable!

And all of the news they put out as of late? They are chumming us. Hopefully, we get a hook and a gaffe this weekend. That's a barbeque I don't want to miss.

• Upvote 1

Think whatever you guys want to think. I sincerely hope that anyone that considers buying more Dinar or tells friends to buy, thinks long and hard about it. This article speaks to a re-denomination without question unfortunately. Could it be smoke and mirrors... possibly, but why would they do that? They have already sold a ton of Dinar. If they wanted to hide an RV then why would the keep selling it to us at crazy intervals the last couple of years?

The bulk of the article talks about ease of cash transactions or use. Carrying LESS currency. If you remove large denominations and bring in small ones that makes it all the more ridiculously hard to make cash transactions. I just can't see the logic of removing big bills in lieu of smaller ones. I have been convinced for a year that if they introduce the 100k notes it would postpone or stop the lop. Now that they agreed to that these stupid RD articles keep coming out. So frustrating.

There are no 100k notes, they can sell all they want of what is out there. We have a small amout of dinar ,Do your research and get facts from CBI ,IMF,UN ,World bank and Iraqi laws .I have no doubt this is a great investment , we will just wait and see

I've read anti-RV posts for years and I am at a complete loss why anyone would waste there time on forums to try to prove that they are right. Keeps can you answer a couple questions so I can understand how your type thinks.

Here are the questions:

Why would anyone spend time posting to an investor forum arguing against any investment logic?

What is your stake in the argument?

Comment: It's not like the dinar is an openly traded stock and you can profit if your comments scare people into selling and the price drops as a result.

Pumping and bashing on stock investment boards is like breathing and you can always see the motive, but why here?

Not trying to prove anything.....there are alot of misconceptions about what these articles have meant because alot of people listen too much to some of the gurus chats that are basically lying to them, telling them deleting the zeros is what we want and that means straight up RV or that they are just pulling the larger bills out of circulation....

I dont know about you but I would want to know if I was wrong about something I invested my money in, I would want someone to tell me.....

I dont necessarily think thats the only option here.....If I didnt think there was a chance to make some money I would be long gone....common sense would tell you that......just watching to see what unfolds like everyone else......

I am confused about the 3 zeros thing. I was worried that $25,000 would become $25. However, I had a friend say that was totally not the case. He said that it meant something like this: If the Iraq dollar is worth .0001 of the American dollar and you get rid of the three zeros, it would be worth .1 of the American dollar (or something like that.) He took the zeros off from the front rather than from the end. Is that what you mean by lopping???

Your friend is the one confused....you had it right the first time....

There are no 100k notes, they can sell all they want of what is out there. We have a small amout of dinar ,Do your research and get facts from CBI ,IMF,UN ,World bank and Iraqi laws .I have no doubt this is a great investment , we will just wait and see

If you have been keeping up, you would know that its been talked about a couple of times.....this whole thread you havent said one thing factual, but yet have the cajones to tell someone else to do their research LOL....how ironic is that?!?! This is a good investment, but you dont even know the half of it....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not trying to prove anything.....there are alot of misconceptions about what these articles have meant because alot of people listen too much to some of the gurus chats that are basically lying to them, telling them deleting the zeros is what we want and that means straight up RV or that they are just pulling the larger bills out of circulation....

I dont know about you but I would want to know if I was wrong about something I invested my money in, I would want someone to tell me.....

I dont necessarily think thats the only option here.....If I didnt think there was a chance to make some money I would be long gone....common sense would tell you that......just watching to see what unfolds like everyone else......

Your friend is the one confused....you had it right the first time....

If you have been keeping up, you would know that its been talked about a couple of times.....this whole thread you havent said one thing factual, but yet have the cajones to tell someone else to do their research LOL....how ironic is that?!?! This is a good investment, but you dont even know the half of it....

You sure like playing both sides of the fence Keep. If it lops it really isn't a good investment and that is what you keep harping on. Your I know it all attitude and condescension of anyone's opinion but your own says a lot about you. The only bad thing is that you will get to share in the riches no matter how much of an ass you are.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

You sure like playing both sides of the fence Keep. If it lops it really isn't a good investment and that is what you keep harping on. Your I know it all attitude and condescension of anyone's opinion but your own says a lot about you. The only bad thing is that you will get to share in the riches no matter how much of an ass you are.

How is he a ass? He is the most level headed person on these forums. You remind me of a 2 year old kicking and screaming because he doesn't get his way. A RD before any sort of RV is completely possible and since we have been getting article after article for the past 8 months I think you should highly consider it as the outcome to this investment.

Thank you keep for sharing your opinion and giving these sheep some guidance. The dollar signs are too blinding for some people..

Im going to get bashed, WHY? Because as stated before, if you don't like what you hear you immediately block it out.

Throwing a tantrum doesn't change or distort reality folks. Time to get real. And consider the real possibility of making little to no profit off of this investment.

I can only hope for a straight RV.

Edited by theadicts
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

People, don't you all remember when Shab's slipped up using the word "propaganda" in his meeting with the US Chamber a few months ago. Hello.. doesn't anybody understand redirection? Would he give you the lottery numbers if he were the president of your state's lotttery? Duh...winning!

• Upvote 2

Ok , so your saying they have been talking about it...then show me the 100k bills!! Just because it was in a few articles makes it true? What factual info would you like? all i'm saying is if you do your reseach and not listen to every article that comes out you will see. So I look for laws being past and action that Iraq is doing,

The reason they didn't originally RD is that inflation was rampant and needed to be brought under control.

A RD during hyperinflation is an exercise in futility.

In order for a RD to be successful, it must be done after inflation is brought under control and stabilized .

It took Shabibi until late 2010 to get the inflation low enough to consider RD or RV.

Unfortunately so much Dinar has been printed in that period that the chance for straight RV seems to be less and less of a possibility.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing would make me happier than a RV.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it is in Iraq's favor to make me happy.

So, I take my lumps and move on..

Still going to argue that the zeros could have been omitted when they printed them.

Look at it this way, what is the difference between a 25 note or a 25,000 note if the purchasing power was the same?

Could they have simply omitted it? Yes.. And I think it would of been beneficial for them to do so...

Why?

Being close-to, or on par with the value of a dollar would help eliminate the dollarization effect.

Make transactions simpler - to a degree

It''s all about the equation and how many zeros are added or subtracted to both sides.

0.86 w/ 1.17

or 0.00086 w/ 1170

Value is the same.... Purchasing power is the same....

Why not start off how they are going to end up.. is all I am saying..

Just makes you think they may have had a different plan initially, or still do.

And as far as circulation

Why would they allow it to rise as much as it has?

5 trillion or so initially???

Now 27 in like 7 years

That's a 22 Trillion increase

And that's not considering that notes have a 1.5 year life expectancy on average.

Oh, and they don't value their M2 the same way the U.S. values their M2.... Keep that in mind as well

• Upvote 2

I still think that the US has some say in this deal. If Iraq LOPS then it would not benefit the US. Does anyone really think the US went into Iraq out of the goodness in their heart to bring Democracy? Wars are fought over money. How does the US profit from an Iraqi Democracy? Would not the US profit more with our Dinar as well? If one exchanges their dinar at a bank, sooner or later that dinar will make its way to the Treasury. Basically, it is my opinion, but this big master plan is monetizing the oil that is still in the ground, therefore by revaluing the Iraqi currency, one would realize the profits now. This in effect "screws" future generations, but that is what governments have been doing for years....right?

Edited by noob57
  • Upvote 2

They didn't know when they did the currency exchange in 2003 how long it would take them to get their inflation problems under control. At the time it was completely understandable that they didn't redenominate because they could have easily been back in the situation of printing 000 notes again. If they had to do that, then they would have been looking at doing three separate currency printings (initial RD, 000 notes again, final RD).

Here's an excerpt on money supply increases:

There are 3 ways to increase the money supply

Print more notes – usually by Central Banks

Increase lending of money by Banks – If banks hold a small % of bank deposits as cash, they can lend out more cash and this increases the money Supply

Central Bank buying government securities. i.e. Central Bank pay people in return for bonds. If the Central Bank buy Government securities (or corporate bonds) People who were holding the bonds have more money to spend.

In recent decades the money supply has been increasing because:

Reduction in reserve ratio by banks

Creation of new types of liquid assets which

Increased velocity of circulation. – The number of times cash changes hands.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/economics/increasing-money-supply/

This is just an opinion, but since it appears that the CBI has increased the amount of foreign reserves by around $10 billion USD over the past two years, yet the value of the dinar has remained relatively unchanged except for a couple very minor changes for short periods of time. IMO, how Shabibi has maintained the 1170 rate during this period of increased reserves was simply by releasing more currency into the system to compensate, keeping a balance between M2 and foreign reserves. Doing this would allow him to show a stable rate even if a point came where he had to reduce the amount of currency in the system due to a loss of some reserves. Since he has stated repeatedly his concern was stability, this method would eliminate the need for him to possible lower the value if their foreign reserves dropped again.

• Upvote 1

Think whatever you guys want to think. I sincerely hope that anyone that considers buying more Dinar or tells friends to buy, thinks long and hard about it. This article speaks to a re-denomination without question unfortunately. Could it be smoke and mirrors... possibly, but why would they do that? They have already sold a ton of Dinar. If they wanted to hide an RV then why would the keep selling it to us at crazy intervals the last couple of years?

The bulk of the article talks about ease of cash transactions or use. Carrying LESS currency. If you remove large denominations and bring in small ones that makes it all the more ridiculously hard to make cash transactions. I just can't see the logic of removing big bills in lieu of smaller ones. I have been convinced for a year that if they introduce the 100k notes it would postpone or stop the lop. Now that they agreed to that these stupid RD articles keep coming out. So frustrating.

Agree 1000% percent Drox. I think the whole smoke and mirrors argument has flown out the window. Why would Iraq on a daily basis misinform their own population on the upcoming currency change? That makes no sense at all. Yeah they are trying to keep speculators from buying dinar. Hahaha...unfortunately it is clear that isn't the case. We can only conclude that a RD is in fact their plan and we can only hope that it gets shot down. Thanks for bringing a shot of reality to this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ok , so your saying they have been talking about it...then show me the 100k bills!! Just because it was in a few articles makes it true? What factual info would you like? all i'm saying is if you do your reseach and not listen to every article that comes out you will see. So I look for laws being past and action that Iraq is doing,

Nobody said they were out.....just mentioned it a couple times and Drox actually had a pretty good RV theory involving releasing a larger bill like that IF they do it.....also if they did release a bill like that NO ONE would probly even get their hands on it....most likely it would be something used on a banking and govt level......

If you look for laws being passed and actions Iraq is doing, then you would be aware of the plan to remove the zeros being submitted to parliment to be voted on.....

Read carefully what people are saying first ok?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Quoted from the article:

"This essay appeared in the New York Times on February 27, 2007"................."essay". HAHA.............Now THAT is funny!tongue.gif

Still going to argue that the zeros could have been omitted when they printed them.

Look at it this way, what is the difference between a 25 note or a 25,000 note if the purchasing power was the same?

Could they have simply omitted it? Yes.. And I think it would of been beneficial for them to do so...

Why?

Being close-to, or on par with the value of a dollar would help eliminate the dollarization effect.

Make transactions simpler - to a degree

It''s all about the equation and how many zeros are added or subtracted to both sides.

0.86 w/ 1.17

or 0.00086 w/ 1170

Value is the same.... Purchasing power is the same....

Why not start off how they are going to end up.. is all I am saying..

Just makes you think they may have had a different plan initially, or still do.

And as far as circulation

Why would they allow it to rise as much as it has?

5 trillion or so initially???

Now 27 in like 7 years

That's a 22 Trillion increase

And that's not considering that notes have a 1.5 year life expectancy on average.

Oh, and they don't value their M2 the same way the U.S. values their M2.... Keep that in mind as well

Excellent observation. Good job on thinking with a level head. Plus 1 for you!wink.gif

See, people look to much to the government, UN sanctions, etc. etc.

We have to take into consideration that their banking system is different than ours.

It appears they are on their way to implementing a basel 3 banking system.

The US government is on a basel 1 banking system with some basel 2 incorporated.

So their #s they give us, are not the #s we would or should perceive them to be when comparing it to how the US conducts banking activity

Keep that in mind....

I.e., the way that the M2 is valued is entirely different in Iraq than how it is done in the US.

You gotta read the whole article and put it into context though.....that one line sounds great, but its the rest of the article that explains the process of getting a lower denom with higher appreciation....

Turkey did both....they redenominated then once that process was complete, they raised the value of the new currency

I think you have the clearest head here. I agree, it looks like a lop followed by reasonable controlled appreciation.

I see a 50 - 300% return here and not much more.

See, people look to much to the government, UN sanctions, etc. etc.

We have to take into consideration that their banking system is different than ours.

It appears they are on their way to implementing a basel 3 banking system.

The US government is on a basel 1 banking system with some basel 2 incorporated.

So their #s they give us, are not the #s we would or should perceive them to be when comparing it to how the US conducts banking activity

Keep that in mind....

I.e., the way that the M2 is valued is entirely different in Iraq than how it is done in the US.

This is maybe a way the massive returns could be realised. But I don't understand the banking system differences. I do think that the only way an RV could happen without removing existing currency is if there is an adjustment internally within Iraq such that the dinar is valued differently to outside......but how could that happen? I just don't see it. Is it possible somehow? Can you explain if so plz?

I think you have the clearest head here. I agree, it looks like a lop followed by reasonable controlled appreciation.

I see a 50 - 300% return here and not much more.

This is maybe a way the massive returns could be realised. But I don't understand the banking system differences. I do think that the only way an RV could happen without removing existing currency is if there is an adjustment internally within Iraq such that the dinar is valued differently to outside......but how could that happen? I just don't see it. Is it possible somehow? Can you explain if so plz?

Well, the way I see it.. The idea of Basel 3 is to prevent a future global banking issue

Uhm, to add to that, the m2 figures are considered, valued, or added up differently than how they are added up in the U.S.

So basically, 50+trillion M2 figures are based upon different information than we would think..

Not sure - I'm researching into that.. and trying to learn much about basel 3, but it is a rather new banking strategy...

I never listen to someone saying things for 2 years and he never done it, I never heard any president or someone repeating himself 5 time or more in a month on the same subject and that appearing on news each time, made your own conclusion.

Edited by chris2k4