Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN wants your guns America

Candinar

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

Jun. 7 2011 - 2:04 pm | 179,031 views

It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.

What, exactly, does the intended agreement entail?

While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.

Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).

Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).

Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.

In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.

Have no doubt that this plan is very real, with strong Obama administration support. In January 2010 the U.S. joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will establish a 2012 conference to draft a blueprint for enactment. Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton has pledged to push for Senate ratification.

Former U.N. ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners to take this initiative seriously, stating that the U.N. “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there is no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

More from contributor Larry Bell

Although professing to support the Second Amendment during her presidential election bid, Hillarious Clinton is not generally known as a gun rights enthusiast. She has been a long-time activist for federal firearms licensing and registration, and a vigorous opponent of state Right-to-Carry laws. As a New York senator she ranked among the National Rifle Association’s worst “F”-rated gun banners who voted to support the sort of gunpoint disarmament that marked New Orleans’ rogue police actions against law-abiding gun owners in the anarchistic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

President Obama’s record on citizen gun rights doesn’t reflect much advocacy either. Consider for example his appointment of anti-gun rights former Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels as an alternate U.S. representative to the U.N., and his choice of Andrew Traver who has worked to terminate civilian ownership of so-called “assault rifles” (another prejudicially meaningless gun term) to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Then, in a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama administration quietly banned the re-importation and sale of 850,000 collectable antique U.S.-manufactured M1 Garand and Carbine rifles that were left in South Korea following the Korean War. Developed in the 1930s, the venerable M1 Garand carried the U.S. through World War II, seeing action in every major battle.

As an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama was an aggressive advocate for expanding gun control laws, and even voted against legislation giving gun owners an affirmative defense when they use firearms to defend themselves and their families against home invaders and burglars. He also served on a 10-member board of directors of the radically activist anti-gun Joyce Foundation in Chicago during a period between 1998-2001when it contributed $18,326,183 in grants to anti-Second Amendment organizations.

If someone breaks into your home when you are there, which would you prefer to have close at hand: 1) a telephone to call 911, or 2) a loaded gun of respectable caliber? That’s a pretty easy question for me to answer. I am a long-time NRA member, concealed firearms license holder and a regular weekly recreational pistol shooter. And while I don’t ordinarily care to target anything that has a mother, will reluctantly make an exception should an urgent provocation arise. I also happen to enjoy the company of friends who hunt, as well as those, like myself, who share an abiding interest in American history and the firearms that influenced it.

There are many like me, and fewer of them would be alive today were it not for exercise of their gun rights. In fact law-abiding citizens in America used guns in self-defense 2.5 million times during 1993 (about 6,850 times per day), and actually shot and killed 2 1/2 times as many criminals as police did (1,527 to 606). Those civilian self-defense shootings resulted in less than 1/5th as many incidents as police where an innocent person was mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

Just how effectively have gun bans worked to make citizens safer in other countries? Take the number of home break-ins while residents are present as an indication. In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, nearly half of all burglaries occur when residents are present. But in the U.S. where many households are armed, only about 13% happen when someone is home.

Recognizing clear statistical benefit evidence, 41 states now allow competent, law-abiding adults to carry permitted or permit-exempt concealed handguns. As a result, crime rates in those states have typically fallen at least 10% in the year following enactment.

So the majority in our Senate is smart enough to realize that the U.N.’s gun-grab agenda is unconstitutional, politically suicidal for those who support it, and down-right idiotic—right? Let’s hope so, but not entirely count on it. While a few loyal Obama Democrats are truly “pro-gun”, many are loathe to vote against treaties that carry the president’s international prestige, causing him embarrassment.

Also, don’t forget that Senate confirmation of anti-gun Obama nominee Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Many within the few who voted against her did so only because of massive grassroots pressure from constituents who take their Constitutional protections very seriously.

Now, more than ever, it’s imperative to stick by our guns in demanding that all Constitutional rights be preserved. If not, we will surely lose both.

Link here:

• Upvote 2

Obama is not to be trusted as he talks about supporting gun rights. Please explain why Illinois is one of maybe 2 states without concealed carry permit and why under his watch it was passed that if you used your gun to kill an intruder you faced a misdemeanor charge for firing your gun in the city limits? You are known by the company you keep. He has surrounded himself with anti-gun people. Our gun rights are on life support.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for that post. yes you really wanna watch this thing closely.

we used to be able to carry weapons here in Australia...but then we had the famous 'PORT ARTHUR MASACRE"...which i believe to be the result of some kind of psy-op...whoever organized it chose their stooge very well.

a reclusive young man...for no reason....out of nowhere....suddenly opens fire in the middle of a town and just mows down a whole bunch of people... of course 99.99% of Aussies had never heard of psy-ops and mind-control technology, so by the time the media was done...this guy was made out to be a real monster.

the result...a predictable knee-jerk reaction by the Aussie government....instant confiscation of ALL firearms...except for some farmers who were licensed to carry weapons for animal culling purposes.

the gov gave us money for our weapons....but guess who are the only people in Australia to now carry weapons (AND USE THEM)???

1. Police/armed forces.

2. Selected livestock Farmers

3. Criminals.

yup also very predictable....the criminals will always find a way to get the weapons they need....now the average law abiding citizen has no chance of defending themselves...

Put this possible USA weapons ban together with your president signing up for another 4 year patriot Act extension, last week, and there you have it....

Obama said the patriot act extension was to further safeguard against terrorist threats...but really???? Show me the terrorists...there are no terrorists....and no, you can't count the ones that were hired by the USA to look and behave like we now expect terrorists to behave....

No...I reckon the real reason for the weapons ban and the 4 yr P.Act extension is to guard the Government against internal threats...public uprisings....and boy oh boy...that is sooooo on the cards.

i have to admit...sometimes i see things in a kind of dyslexic way...when i first joined DinarVets...i did NOT realize that most members are in fact Vets...as in...from the armed forces.

i thought Adam, etc called this Dinar Vets because he and the other mods etc...are very experienced in all things to do with Dinars and Currency/investments. Sometimes, here in Australia..when we want to express that somebody is very very experienced in their field...we call them a "Vet"....it's a slang word we use for EXPERT.

So my humble apologies if any of my posts have ever offended any ex armed forces people or current armed forces personel.

that being said....please realize that a government will do things, anything, to protect itself....so people in the army, marines, airforce and navy...also please realize that you are not hired to fight for the USA public...the people...NO...you are in your jobs to fight for your government.

so THAT being said....how do you feel about your job and your duties now that your government is totally screwing the people from every conceivable angle..and passing laws that will make it impossible for the people to have any recourse?...no protection....

so what happens when the people begin to rise up in greater and greater numbers against the government? You armed forces folk will be asked to enforce the will of the government and shoot to kill your own people. How will you feel about that?

I am seriously just asking how you all feel...i am not trying to stir up s#!t....but just would like to know where you will stand in such a situation.

Peace and....really...thank you for all the great work you Vets have done and will do...as well as current armed forces folk. I have personally had the honour of working alongside US marines in the ME, including the small group of Force recon guys that pretty much went into Kuwait on foot and did all the liberating back in 1990-91. The recon guys were very impressive characters and you have my total respect.

Just be sure who you are fighting for.

• Upvote 4

Why outlaw guns; I mean just because you have stupid people who buy guns and leave them laying around so their 10 year olds can take them to school and shoot someone is no reason to outlaw them. If anything maybe we can make it legal for 6 year olds to get them as well...or better yet, lets send our kids to daycare with guns. You want to create a law, how about this - lets have an intelligence test (what we should do for people wanting kids as well) and when you fail that you get no gun...better yet shoot them on the spot, they is no need for idiots in society.

• Downvote 9

Oh yes the constitution guarantees everyone the right to own a machine gun. I highly doubt that since they didn't even know what that was. Amazing how people twists things around to what best suits their own desires.

United States murder by firearm in 2009 was 9146.

UK was 39. If you based it on population then it changes to 195.

Now let's show what esteemed company we are with other countries.

#1 South Africa

#2 Colombia

#3 Thailand

#4 United States

#5 Phillipines

#6 Mexico

#7 Slovakia

#8 El Salvador

#9 Zimbabwe

#10 Peru

Oh yes having the right to carry machine guns sure put us in great company and lots of dead family members. But hey you get to keep your gun and that is all that matters to people with small brains.

I am done with this site too. There are just too many stupid people to deal with.

• Downvote 15

The only consistent result of outlawing private ownership is to insure the only ones in the private sector with guns are criminals.

If that is your sincere wish, support the measure.

Everything else is background noise.

With this indisputable fact in mind, choose your position carefully.

Oh yes the constitution guarantees everyone the right to own a machine gun. I highly doubt that since they didn't even know what that was. Amazing how people twists things around to what best suits their own desires.

#1 South Africa

#2 Colombia

#3 Thailand

#4 United States

#5 Phillipines

#6 Mexico

#7 Slovakia

#8 El Salvador

#9 Zimbabwe

#10 Peru

Oh yes having the right to carry machine guns sure put us in great company and lots of dead family members. But hey you get to keep your gun and that is all that matters to people with small brains.

I am done with this site too. There are just too many stupid people to deal with.

Hope you can find a site where the men squat to pee like you do.

• Upvote 3

#1 South Africa

#2 Colombia

#3 Thailand

#4 United States

#5 Phillipines

#6 Mexico

#7 Slovakia

#8 El Salvador

#9 Zimbabwe

#10 Peru

I'd be careful if I were you. Talkin' about small brains. If we were to put yours on the sharp edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down a four lane highway.

We should outlaw Doctors too. Doctors' sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually. 42,636 people killed in automobile accidents annually, we should outlaw cars, and while we're on it, Attacks in which a knife was used in a successful mugging have soared, from 25,500 in 2005 to 64,000 in the year to April 2007. The figures mean that each day last year saw, on average, 175 robberies at knife-point in England and Wales – up from 110 the year before and from 69 in 2004-5. In other words if people don't have guns they resort to knives, should they be outlawed too.

You "stupid" people don't get it. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE. Get it through your thick skull. If not a gun, then any weapon they can find.

IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED, THEN ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!!

Oh, BYE Tropics, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 3

The UN guys can get guns after I empty out all my lead first!! :P

You know, every time there is mention of any gun ban or such action, there is ALWAYS someone that makes a claim such as this.

The fact of the matter is folks, IF such laws or regulations were enacted in this country, the Feds would have no real problem making a quick example out of ANYONE that made such a stand.

Whatever you may think you would do to keep your guns would not amount to a hill of beans if the Feds came knocking, they have FAR more firepower than any of us AND they have far more resources such as food, water, medical to lay siege to anyone's home.

If you really think you could win against such odds, I really feel sorry for you.

It worked out real well at both Waco and Ruby Ridge didn't it?

I am a FIRM believer in our rights as provided by the amendments and it makes me sick to my stomach to think how our GOV is setting things up to take away those rights but unless "WE THE PEOPLE" START MAKING A POLITICAL STAND TO STOP SUCH ACTIONS, our GOV will have it's way.

If you want to REALLY do something to protect your rights, START BY WRITING YOUR CONGRESSMEN, YOUR SENATORS, ETC.

TAKE A STAND NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

sorry all u anti-gun enthusiasts...it aint never gonna happen.....:P

You keep telling yourself that sir.

Meanwhile, Obama & Hilary are already in the motions of negotiating treaties with other countries that would force America to also abide by said treaties which circumvents the second amendment!

Do some research and you will see that such actions are CURRENTLY in motion.

Edited by Gibbs427
  • Upvote 3

#1 South Africa

#2 Colombia

#3 Thailand

#4 United States

#5 Phillipines

#6 Mexico

#7 Slovakia

#8 El Salvador

#9 Zimbabwe

#10 Peru

Meanwhile, Obama & Hilary are already in the motions of negotiating treaties with other countries that would force America to also abide by said treaties which circumvents the second amendment!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can show most people documents and they still say your crazy or a conspiracy theorist. It is to be expected.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know, every time there is mention of any gun ban or such action, there is ALWAYS someone that makes a claim such as this.

The fact of the matter is folks, IF such laws or regulations were enacted in this country, the Feds would have no real problem making a quick example out of ANYONE that made such a stand.

Whatever you may think you would do to keep your guns would not amount to a hill of beans if the Feds came knocking, they have FAR more firepower than any of us AND they have far more resources such as food, water, medical to lay siege to anyone's home.

If you really think you could win against such odds, I really feel sorry for you.

It worked out real well at both Waco and Ruby Ridge didn't it?

I am a FIRM believer in our rights as provided by the amendments and it makes me sick to my stomach to think how our GOV is setting things up to take away those rights but unless "WE THE PEOPLE" START MAKING A POLITICAL STAND TO STOP SUCH ACTIONS, our GOV will have it's way.Good by, don't let the door kick you in the you know what. :angry:

If you want to REALLY do something to protect your rights, START BY WRITING YOUR CONGRESSMEN, YOUR SENATORS, ETC.

TAKE A STAND NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

Sorry that was meant for tropical.

Join the NRA and get the updates .

There is not once ounce of truth in this rumor.

NRA would be all over this one.

As a gun owner I think its money well spent as they have stopped and blocked many things that would have affected our rights to own firearms.

Members are really high, one of the strongest organizations in the USA.

Where do you all come up with these rumors?

UN gun laws do not have anything to do with the USA.

Problems going on now according to the NRA are some right to carry law in Chicago and I think DC.

In South Carolina we even have tax free guns sales days.

Join the NRA and get the updates .

There is not once ounce of truth in this rumor.

NRA would be all over this one.

As a gun owner I think its money well spent as they have stopped and blocked many things that would have affected our rights to own firearms.

Members are really high, one of the strongest organizations in the USA.

Where do you all come up with these rumors?

UN gun laws do not have anything to do with the USA.

Problems going on now according to the NRA are some right to carry law in Chicago and I think DC.

In South Carolina we even have tax free guns sales days.

Sorry to interrupt the chest thumping with a small tidbit that is seldom considered, but has long been the fact.

International Treaty, once signed, transcends national law.

I now return the forum to regular scheduled testosterone driven posting.

Before you dig the hole any deeper, I am a gun owner not only staunchly supports the 2nd Amendment, but also tries to be aware of my surroundings.

Not to worry that's why I am a lifetime member in the NRA.

They have really nailed some in the congress and government to uphold and obey our second amendment rights.

This UN order or mandate is a joke,,,NRA would be all over this.

Has nothing to do with us.

Un passes many laws most are not even followed by any country to include ours.

List is long ha ha

Edited by Midx1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for that post. yes you really wanna watch this thing closely.

we used to be able to carry weapons here in Australia...but then we had the famous 'PORT ARTHUR MASACRE"...which i believe to be the result of some kind of psy-op...whoever organized it chose their stooge very well.

a reclusive young man...for no reason....out of nowhere....suddenly opens fire in the middle of a town and just mows down a whole bunch of people... of course 99.99% of Aussies had never heard of psy-ops and mind-control technology, so by the time the media was done...this guy was made out to be a real monster.

the result...a predictable knee-jerk reaction by the Aussie government....instant confiscation of ALL firearms...except for some farmers who were licensed to carry weapons for animal culling purposes.

the gov gave us money for our weapons....but guess who are the only people in Australia to now carry weapons (AND USE THEM)???

1. Police/armed forces.

2. Selected livestock Farmers

3. Criminals.

yup also very predictable....the criminals will always find a way to get the weapons they need....now the average law abiding citizen has no chance of defending themselves...

Put this possible USA weapons ban together with your president signing up for another 4 year patriot Act extension, last week, and there you have it....

Obama said the patriot act extension was to further safeguard against terrorist threats...but really???? Show me the terrorists...there are no terrorists....and no, you can't count the ones that were hired by the USA to look and behave like we now expect terrorists to behave....

No...I reckon the real reason for the weapons ban and the 4 yr P.Act extension is to guard the Government against internal threats...public uprisings....and boy oh boy...that is sooooo on the cards.

i have to admit...sometimes i see things in a kind of dyslexic way...when i first joined DinarVets...i did NOT realize that most members are in fact Vets...as in...from the armed forces.

i thought Adam, etc called this Dinar Vets because he and the other mods etc...are very experienced in all things to do with Dinars and Currency/investments. Sometimes, here in Australia..when we want to express that somebody is very very experienced in their field...we call them a "Vet"....it's a slang word we use for EXPERT.

So my humble apologies if any of my posts have ever offended any ex armed forces people or current armed forces personel.

that being said....please realize that a government will do things, anything, to protect itself....so people in the army, marines, airforce and navy...also please realize that you are not hired to fight for the USA public...the people...NO...you are in your jobs to fight for your government.

so THAT being said....how do you feel about your job and your duties now that your government is totally screwing the people from every conceivable angle..and passing laws that will make it impossible for the people to have any recourse?...no protection....

so what happens when the people begin to rise up in greater and greater numbers against the government? You armed forces folk will be asked to enforce the will of the government and shoot to kill your own people. How will you feel about that?

I am seriously just asking how you all feel...i am not trying to stir up s#!t....but just would like to know where you will stand in such a situation.

Peace and....really...thank you for all the great work you Vets have done and will do...as well as current armed forces folk. I have personally had the honour of working alongside US marines in the ME, including the small group of Force recon guys that pretty much went into Kuwait on foot and did all the liberating back in 1990-91. The recon guys were very impressive characters and you have my total respect.

Just be sure who you are fighting for.

Great stuff here...

US Army will be asked to shoot our citizens when it comes time. And they will have to make a decision...let's hope it's the right one. With TV and other propaganda the way it is now, who knows what will happen.

As for the Gov'mint getting our guns... This is a scare tactic used by the right to get votes. Do you think people will really give up their guns? They'll buy them black market, hide them in the attic, bury them, etc. Come OOOONNNNNN people! Wake up! The government ALREADY have what they want now! Right now! They don't want your trailer, your big screen TV or your truck - or your gun. They can come in and wipe you out with SWAT no matter gun or no gun you might have....get real, and THINK this through. They have what they want right now - your son fighting oil wars for their big business, and you working night and day just to get by and pay taxes, they have you consuming their products, and TV advertising has you right in their pockets. You vote for their candidates who screw you, Dem or Repub, year after year. They are all ONE party - the Big Business party. God people, how can you be so stupid. It blows my mind, it really does.

Why outlaw guns; I mean just because you have stupid people who buy guns and leave them laying around so their 10 year olds can take them to school and shoot someone is no reason to outlaw them. If anything maybe we can make it legal for 6 year olds to get them as well...or better yet, lets send our kids to daycare with guns. You want to create a law, how about this - lets have an intelligence test (what we should do for people wanting kids as well) and when you fail that you get no gun...better yet shoot them on the spot, they is no need for idiots in society.

You are partly right guns don't kill people; people kill people. I don't own a handgun, but my shotgun will still protect me. If you ban guns from the general population only 2 factions will have them. The criminals and the government.....I believe some sane people ought to have guns too!

• Upvote 2

You are partly right guns don't kill people; people kill people. I don't own a handgun, but my shotgun will still protect me. If you ban guns from the general population only 2 factions will have them. The criminals and the government.....I believe some sane people ought to have guns too!

The right to carry law is in effect,,classes are overbooked.

I see gun laws getting looser not tighter,, here in the South.

Our crime rate is dropping also, hopefully due to this.

I work in the Middle East,,crime is low there,,we all know why.

On days off in the USA crime is down now also,,think its the right to carry laws,,they work.

Not to worry that's why I am a lifetime member in the NRA.

They have really nailed some in the congress and government to uphold and obey our second amendment rights.

This UN order or mandate is a joke,,,NRA would be all over this.

Has nothing to do with us.

Un passes many laws most are not even followed by any country to include ours.

List is long ha ha

Then you need to read your NRA alerts. I got this from the NRA today. it is NOT a rumor.