Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is iraq a full memeber of the WTO

jaykay

This does not state june 2 for the WTO ascension

Iraq in negotiations to become WTO member

22/05/2011 13:34

Erbil, May 22 (AKnews) - Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.

Iraq is currently an honorary member in the WTO, which has 152 permanent members. At present the members treat Iraq solely as a business partner. If the country is granted permanent membership, it can interact with members in the four main fields of health, agriculture, trade and economy.

The minister said that no specific timescale has been laid out for the conclusion of the talks.

The WTO only allows countries who have opened up their economies through free-market reforms to become full members. Iraq has started to implement these kinds of changes, following decades of moving towards more a more state-centric economic model.

By Fryad Mohammed

If my understanding is correct about the WTO, then I'm fairly certain they are not a member yet, The reasoning behind this in my opinion is that their currency would have to be within 5% of all the other curriences on that list. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

This does not state june 2 for the WTO ascension

Iraq in negotiations to become WTO member

22/05/2011 13:34

Erbil, May 22 (AKnews) - Iraq is negotiating to become a full member in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the trade minister said today.

Kheirullah Hasan told AKnews that the negotiations have been going on behind closed doors for a while running and will resume in Morocco soon.

Iraq is currently an honorary member in the WTO, which has 152 permanent members. At present the members treat Iraq solely as a business partner. If the country is granted permanent membership, it can interact with members in the four main fields of health, agriculture, trade and economy.

The minister said that no specific timescale has been laid out for the conclusion of the talks.

The WTO only allows countries who have opened up their economies through free-market reforms to become full members. Iraq has started to implement these kinds of changes, following decades of moving towards more a more state-centric economic model.

By Fryad Mohammed

Moving right along

• Downvote 1

Here's a PDF I found dated June 1 - 2, 2011. Didn't really have enough time to read it as I am at work. lol But Iraq is definitely mentioned in it. Maybe someone can see what it's talking about.

PDF

This is the main site: Comcec.org

Checking this document from my phone, but it appears to contain similar info on Iraqs ascension status as the WTO website...

I emailed the World Trade Organization and they stated that they update the page of members when a country gains accession into the WTO. And Iraq is at this time still in "Observer" status. Iraq is working towards accession but has not achieved it as of yet.

God bless.

If my understanding is correct about the WTO, then I'm fairly certain they are not a member yet, The reasoning behind this in my opinion is that their currency would have to be within 5% of all the other curriences on that list. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

not a requirement...if you look at the 152 countries that are part of it...some have a currency that has a lower exchange rate than Iraq currently has.

I have a thread in the Dinar & RV questions forum related to this. I pasted in the complete list of requirements from the WTO web site hoping someone had some insight as to where Iraq is in the lengthy process since the WTO does not show any current news on the subject. Perhaps someone reading this can help me with some information.

Sorry if this has already been posted....Currency Newshound

Maliki: Integrity is key to Iraqi Banks; Need to preserve and strengthen reputation for World Bank and WTO effortsPosted: June 2, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: banking, cbe, Central bank, cgi, Commercial bank, Economy of Iraq, IMF, Iraq, Maliki, Nouri al-Maliki, Prime Minister of Iraq, TBI, World Bank, WTO 0Maliki declares referral for corruption in the Commercial Bank to eliminate

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Thursday, on the transfer of file corruption in the Central Bank to the judiciary to take the necessary action, while describing the financial institution, “the heart is vital spring” to the process of reconstruction and investment, he called to preserve the reputation of the World Bank Iraq’s trade, and treatment placements imbalance in all banking institutions.

Said Nuri Maliki in interview number from media including Alsumaria News “, on the sidelines visit to Bank Iraqi Commercial The” Committee achieved joint body integrity and Diwan Oversight Finance and Ministry financial and experts provided report on presence irregularities in Bank Iraqi commercial “noting that” report referred to parties judicial responsible consideration “.

Added Maliki that “financial institution whether TBI or CBE or other banks constitute heart Dynamic pulsator for process reconstruction and investment”, noting that “Government will follow all State institutions particularly banks as saving liquidity and donor Facilities”.

He called on Maliki to “maintain the international reputation of the Iraqi Trade Bank, which could be achieved through the great efforts made by many officials, as called for to address flaws that could constitute a breach of this institution impedes its development.”

Maliki said: “Things will take a normal form, which guarantees the integrity of the Foundation and continued after listening to the remarks the President of the Bank and its officials.”

The Government of Iraq in the 13 of last February, seeking to join the WTO and ensure the protection of Iraqi funds abroad, with stressed the importance of working to build Iraqi economy is diverse and the application of economic policies advanced by encouraging investment, facilitate and regulate the trade and the rationalization of the state budget and approve oil law and gas.

Comes talk about join Iraq to WTO and protection funds abroad different what is exist on ground, such as the decisions link independent bodies including CBI government directly instead of Council Deputies, non focus Government to support private sector.

Despite the wide openness to the world experienced by Iraq since the change began in 2003 after decades of isolation, but the external economic relations are still experiencing stumbled clear for several reasons, foremost of which is economic recession.

Observers point out that the accession to the WTO represents a major objective of many of the local economies because of the advantages achieved by this accession of integration into the global economy, and provide great opportunities for investment, as well as finding markets for their products, but that this process is linked to the size and nature of the components of competitiveness, which is owned the national economy, to enter the global market partner and a competitor, which is not available for the Iraqi economy at this juncture.

http://wp.me/pZC7o-8of

I didn't see this posted here on the topic...

Economist: expect to achieve anything of agricultural trade liberalization in the short term

Subject has been read 125 times

02/06/2011

(wto) In an analytical study on the accession of Iraq's (wto)

BAGHDAD - morning

There is talk from time to time and the other for Iraq's accession to the WTO and varied visions from want and from Dabbagh said in a join, in order to ascertain the importance of the accession of whether or not they have to see what the definition of this organization and the objectives of the accession and the question of the most eminent and most important is that Iraq is eligible to Inizam to wto or more precisely whether Iraq has acquired the conditions of accession and the qualification?

The compound most economists in the countries of the world that is inevitable to join this system, otherwise the lives of non-commercial organization in isolation.

Helpful to give credit that the World Trade Organization of the most important events the arena of international economic relations during the nineties of the last century in an attempt by Dr. Fadel Jawad astonished in the study reflect the effects of accession He was surprised that the effects on the economies of several different negative and positive, and different advantages and the effects according to the nature of economic activities of different countries.

D crisp in his study focused on the economic effects of agreements (wto) on the agricultural sector is extremely important for the acquisition of his wealth from a unique location between the main production sectors of the national economy not only to Iraq but to most of the developing world.

And the researcher from the fact that the main source of agriculture to meet the needs of individuals from food and the needs of other economic sectors, especially the industrial sector of raw materials and labor.

The answer d crisp in his study on the important question that what would get Iraq to join the wto and how it can promote Baktall agriculture which suffers from structural imbalances in its economy and inadequate agricultural production and says that there are economic consequences, emphasizing the Iraqi economy, promised to join a major challenge for the future of the agricultural sector in Iraq had to cope with identifying strategies to be adopted in the agricultural sector in order to achieve maximum benefit from the positive effects and with the reasons of the negative effects as the future goals of agricultural development.

And go to study the development of the new Iraq and the decision to join the wto and the adoption of strategies and economic and trade policies will require the new reforms and structural changes in the economic sectors and foreign trade regime.

And analytical study confirmed that Iraq has to take the necessary steps to meet the requirements of accession and the implementation of procedures and the reform measures necessary to reform the agricultural sector.

The requirements to join the wto export development capable to access to foreign markets in accordance with the conditions and requirements of competition and liberalization of international trade and how the development of foreign trade of agricultural products researcher finds that this mechanism takes place through the development of agricultural marketing systems as well as the founding body for the development of agricultural exports to be shared between the government the private sector.

It also requires the rehabilitation and training for exporters, importers and working in the field of foreign trade of agricultural products and providing the right structure to develop the relationship between exporters and producers and the need to strengthen the competitive advantages for the growth of agricultural exports and warns of the difficulty faced by the countries outside the Organization in particular has increased the accession countries of the world to the wto and became an economic and trade with States for the organization more difficult and the study indicates that the issue of agriculture in the agreements wto of the more files liberalization of international trade is complicated by the sensitivity of components of the agricultural file, access to markets, domestic support export subsidies) and that caused the lack of consensus among member states on the application of special items liberalization of agricultural trade.

The study noted the fact that Iraq's accession to the wto and the application of conventions for the agricultural sector are two types of effects of negative effects is expensive in the short term is the cost of the shift towards alternative policies including the abolition of support and protection for agricultural products, leading to a decline in domestic production by either regarding the positive effects of a few short-term increases in accordance with the area of ​​long-term after Iraq's acquisition of agricultural technology to achieve the benefit of access to foreign markets and to adapt to global trends in agricultural policies.

The study confirmed that Iraq could not achieve the benefits gained from agricultural trade liberalization in the short term in the areas of services and investment and property rights.

My link

• Upvote 1

I think this article has been reprinted in preparation for the meeting in Ankara, look at the text on the first page and note "presented"

The latest dated references in the article are from early 2010. We will have to await the outcome of the meeting.

They will not be a full member until they have a currency that is traded on the international market.

Semper Fi !!!

Can somebody confirm this post. Is it really Internationaly currency one of term to become full member of WTO. If yes, then we can expect RV in one of next days.