Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LOP question

j from vegas

There is so much information on LOP on this site, you could not review it all in a day. Do a search and you will find what you need. The subject has been beaten into the ground.

One problem with the LOP subject, is that people use interchangeable terms , LOP, drop, lift, and they mix they all up. Very confusing.

If the goal is for the CBI to best manage their assets, wouldn't "squeezing" the 000s out with a time window for RV work better than a lop?

Well by them lopping, it does make it alot easier to reduce the money supply seeing as how inflated it really is, and part of the reason why the dinar lost so much of its value.....by a straight up RV, you arent really removing any bills from circulation, even with a time frame, the citizens still dont trust the banking sector so probly 9 out of 10 would want physical cash back when exchanging which again doesnt help the inflated money supply at all......

• Downvote 1

Simple answer, yes.....

I like Keep and don't want to argue with him, but there is no solid, undeniable proof that his statement is true. From what I have read from Shabs and the CBI, "raising of the zeros" has to do with removing the triple zero notes as they are cashed in. That has even resulted in too few dinars being on the streets for many establishments to easily transact their business.

Show me some positive proof, rather than opinion and conjecture, that what you say is true and not just your opinion, because I have the right to dispute and disbelieve anything you may espouse on that subject. Please don't screw up the newbies here by having them believe that what you say is sacrosanct because that has actually never been proven to be by anyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like Keep and don't want to argue with him, but there is no solid, undeniable proof that his statement is true. From what I have read from Shabs and the CBI, "raising of the zeros" has to do with removing the triple zero notes as they are cashed in. That has even resulted in too few dinars being on the streets for many establishments to easily transact their business.

Show me some positive proof, rather than opinion and conjecture, that what you say is true and not just your opinion, because I have the right to dispute and disbelieve anything you may espouse on that subject. Please don't screw up the newbies here by having them believe that what you say is sacrosanct because that has actually never been proven to be by anyone.

Obviously we all do not want zeros removed from our bills. Unfortunately that is exactly what Iraq as well as Shabs has been hinting at doing for quite some time now. Just reference some of the articles that mention Turkey and Germany. A redenomination occured in these countries and the articles spell out clearly that this is the plan for Iraq. Shabs himself hinted clearly toward this when he was asked about removing three zeros. The first thing he mentioned was the trillions in circulation. He talked about the huge decimal places and that they have a plan for that. Seems pretty clear but we can only hope they go another route.

Obviously we all do not want zeros removed from our bills. Unfortunately that is exactly what Iraq as well as Shabs has been hinting at doing for quite some time now. Just reference some of the articles that mention Turkey and Germany. A redenomination occured in these countries and the articles spell out clearly that this is the plan for Iraq. Shabs himself hinted clearly toward this when he was asked about removing three zeros. The first thing he mentioned was the trillions in circulation. He talked about the huge decimal places and that they have a plan for that. Seems pretty clear but we can only hope they go another route.

And I have read that the "lifting of the zeros" is being accomplished as we speak by the CBI removing all the triple zeros as they come in. Every one has their own opinion as a lot of these translations leave the posts open to conjecture and Shabs, HE AIN'T TALKIN' !!

And I have read that the "lifting of the zeros" is being accomplished as we speak by the CBI removing all the triple zeros as they come in. Every one has their own opinion as a lot of these translations leave the posts open to conjecture and Shabs, HE AIN'T TALKIN' !!

Would like to read where it says they are removing all the 3 zeros notes from circulation. Even if they were removing some as they came in it would do nothing to deal with the trillions in circulation as Shabs hinted that their "plan" would. Everyone believes what they will but the articles are clear on what they speak of as well as Shabs in my opinion.

So i am hearing about loping the 3 zero's can some one please explain how this is going to work? I have 750,000 Dinar so does that mean when the RV happens I have 750 dinar?

IF it lops then yes. That's what it means. Hopefully it won't happen.

With all the due respect... You come here, ask stuff and also give directions on how people should respond? Really? If people are kind enough to reply ( they do not have to) you should let them respond the way they feel appropriate given the question which was asked.... And it's obvious that you'll get their opinions. There's no a 100% certainty over nothing I'm afraid.. Kind Members will try and give you the best answer they can think of... Should be more than enough....If you get over-critical then I guess you'd better do your own homework and bust your a$$ a tad bit and do not demand to be spoonfed....Fair enough? Good Luck.

Edited by umbertino

We arent arguing bud, I like to debate these things to get to the bottom of it so that we are all on the same page because your right, the newer members to this investment shouldnt get the wrong idea. But its not really my opinion....if you go back through and read multiple zeros articles (some are more detailed then others) there are ones that specifically state a basic redenomination....and it is undeniable proof about what they mean.....there are some that mention using Turkey as an example for what they are speaking about, and if you read into what Turkey did, it was a classic redenomination....there are some that even mention the whole 1000 dinar will be equal to 1 new dinar....you just have to read through a bunch of them....there was even one posted in a lop topic that mentioned all of the above in the same article but i cant remember who posted it, it wasent the main post, but was added into one of the comments down the line....so there really isent any misinterpretation of what they mean by removing, deleting, raising the zeros....its all the same....a redenomination....not just strickly getting the larger bills out of circulation....now could they be lying about wanting to RD? Of course....could they turn around and straight up RV? Of course.....Im not saying thats exactly what they will do without a doubt, my point is simply that removing the zeros is speaking about a lop, nothing more, nothing less....I just hope they find another way of raising the value of the dinar besides RD....cause I surely would be happy with even a slow gradual rise in value and thats what I am hoping for!!

• Downvote 1

Ok, I am new here. Have been reading posts here for a while. (you all are a wealth of knowledge!! THANKS) My question is the dropping of the zeros. I keep hearing the amount of RV will be lower for the high denoms? But many people have done electronic transfers. So when I get a direct deposit the bank doesnt say how many of each denomination has been deposited? SO either this cant be true or I need to transfer money?

Ok, I am new here. Have been reading posts here for a while. (you all are a wealth of knowledge!! THANKS) My question is the dropping of the zeros. I keep hearing the amount of RV will be lower for the high denoms? But many people have done electronic transfers. So when I get a direct deposit the bank doesnt say how many of each denomination has been deposited? SO either this cant be true or I need to transfer money?

Not sure where you read that....but it won't matter if it is a high denom...low denom or electronic denom...the rate is "per Dinar"....regardless of what type it is.

Not sure where you read that....but it won't matter if it is a high denom...low denom or electronic denom...the rate is "per Dinar"....regardless of what type it is.

SHHHH!!! Your not telling them what they wanna hear bro!! They arent going to like this!! laugh.gif Hope u had a good weekend jmw!!

• Downvote 1

Keep,

Lets say they do LOP as you proclaim as a possibility and basically a break-even for all of us holders.

This would basically remove any reasoning to attempt to move from Article XIV to Article VIII via IMF.

They would be holding a pretty reasonable exchange rate that may seem ideal to speculative holders.

But, my next question, is your thoughts on how the U.S. would be paid back via liberating Iraq from a dictatorship. The cost of the war was "HIGH" and many lives were lost. We can claim that the idea was based upon oil, but, it appears that they're going to be eventually receiving full benefits of selling their own crude. From a post elsewhere I read that most oil contractors/businesses only receive basically $1-4 dollar per barrel. The cost of removing it from the ground is rather cheap as well. So, these oil companies are making reasonable profits in Iraq alone. But, Iraq is still taking the majority per barrel.... We can base the idea on how they adjust their budget per barrel. For example, if they hold $85/barrel as a basis of their budget, they're profiting $85 per barrel for every barrel exported.

We have to assume that Iraq is in debt to the U.S. to a certain degree. We didn't do what we did for "free" & I would have to believe that they would have something in mind that benefits both of them. We can say it was done for OIL, or that OIL would be a benefit, but we're sill paying near record prices at the pump. Its impacting our economy, our dollar is dropping, our debt ceiling is being raises, and we're trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

China holds a lot of US debt.... I recall reading from one site that they hold basically $3 trillion USD in their cash reserves alone. (As of March 2011) I found that odd, when I heard a rough estimate that the US was holding $3 trillion IQD at one point as well.

Now, let's say the plan was "real" and all these governments were intending to use dinar to pay for crude. Think of the dinar as coupons, this alone would have to help reduce the cost of crude on the market, reduce currency in circulation, and it would help governments pay off their own debts while the Iraqi economy booms. Not to mention, if the currency became trade-able, it would have to help impact the value of the dollar if the US government was holding IQD. Right?

What is our cash reserves now?? 150 billion USD value -- Wow, huh? Considering actual "Hard currency" in circulation is near a trillion & a country like china holds $3 trillion alone.

Makes China appear a lil more scary, huh??

Keep,

Lets say they do LOP as you proclaim as a possibility and basically a break-even for all of us holders.

This would basically remove any reasoning to attempt to move from Article XIV to Article VIII via IMF.

They would be holding a pretty reasonable exchange rate that may seem ideal to speculative holders.

But, my next question, is your thoughts on how the U.S. would be paid back via liberating Iraq from a dictatorship. The cost of the war was "HIGH" and many lives were lost. We can claim that the idea was based upon oil, but, it appears that they're going to be eventually receiving full benefits of selling their own crude. From a post elsewhere I read that most oil contractors/businesses only receive basically $1-4 dollar per barrel. The cost of removing it from the ground is rather cheap as well. So, these oil companies are making reasonable profits in Iraq alone. But, Iraq is still taking the majority per barrel.... We can base the idea on how they adjust their budget per barrel. For example, if they hold $85/barrel as a basis of their budget, they're profiting $85 per barrel for every barrel exported.

We have to assume that Iraq is in debt to the U.S. to a certain degree. We didn't do what we did for "free" & I would have to believe that they would have something in mind that benefits both of them. We can say it was done for OIL, or that OIL would be a benefit, but we're sill paying near record prices at the pump. Its impacting our economy, our dollar is dropping, our debt ceiling is being raises, and we're trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

China holds a lot of US debt.... I recall reading from one site that they hold basically $3 trillion USD in their cash reserves alone. (As of March 2011) I found that odd, when I heard a rough estimate that the US was holding $3 trillion IQD at one point as well.

Now, let's say the plan was "real" and all these governments were intending to use dinar to pay for crude. Think of the dinar as coupons, this alone would have to help reduce the cost of crude on the market, reduce currency in circulation, and it would help governments pay off their own debts while the Iraqi economy booms. Not to mention, if the currency became trade-able, it would have to help impact the value of the dollar if the US government was holding IQD. Right?

What is our cash reserves now?? 150 billion USD value -- Wow, huh? Considering actual "Hard currency" in circulation is near a trillion & a country like china holds $3 trillion alone.

Makes China appear a lil more scary, huh??

Well it appears that they might not be holding that 3 trillion for long seeing as how they and Russia are two major countries that want to rid their reserves of the USD....and you can be sure many countries would follow suit if that happened....I really cant say for sure how or what we will be getting "paid" back for freeing the people of Iraq....there could be MANY back door deals that no one knows about to help re-coup some of that money.....China is the one that pretty much financed the war so maybe it could be that China is getting a huge cut of profit off the oil fields that they are setting up shop in....I dont think we can be 100% certain on details of negotiations between the countries.....As I have stated before, I dont doubt that the US does hold some Dinar in the UST, especially after hearing from an employee of the UST, its just I find it hard to believe as to the massive amounts that alot of people are proclaiming as fact when there isent really a way to find out exact numbers.....Yes of course if alot of these countries were holding large amounts of dinar and they were to use it to purchase crude it could be a way to reduce the money supply over a period of time, but what about the USD standard for purchasing oil?? I dont know specifics but is there not some sort of policy and regulations surrounding the purchasing of oil?? I guess a question to look into is about what exactly can be lawfully used to purchase oil?? Answering that question might help us determine how valid some of these theories are....

• Downvote 1

I never understood why people think it will LOP, Example if I own 2-25,000 dinars, under the LOP theory this would turn into 2-25 dinars but if I would turn this 2-25,000 dinars into 100-500 dinars I would still have 50,000 dinars. Just doesn't make any sense to me to LOP

So i am hearing about loping the 3 zero's can some one please explain how this is going to work? I have 750,000 Dinar so does that mean when the RV happens I have 750 dinar?

forget it read my lips NO LOP they are not dropping the zeros they are not raising the zeros they are not renominating, it will be straight up RV.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Simple answer, NO? A redenomination is unlikely. It would ruin IRAQ in many ways. I strongly suggest you dont listen to many here but seek out FOREX and international monitary trade experts before you hastily believe what is said on this site. Also, the USA owns the actual currency and is highly invested and involved in this RV. That is new worthy information.

Have a good night and Peace...