Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq ~ calls on the need to expedite the resolution of the security file ...

Iraq ~ calls on the need to expedite the resolution of the security file ...

21/05/2011

Calls for speed in resolving the security file bags

بغداد – الصباح BAGHDAD - morning

Escalated calls on the need to expedite the resolution of the security file bags, especially with the expiry of three months without any Tozer figures for these important positions, because of differences on the circuit some of the names of candidates.

The MP for the Kurdistan Alliance, Mohsen al-Sadoun said there is a consensus between the political blocs on the names of candidates for the ministries of security made by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to the House of Representatives.

Sadoun said: "The file security ministries that almost decided to not synchronize the start of a legislative term of the parliament which has prevented the resolution of this file which took a lot of the work of parliament, government and occupy a space in a wide range of media."

And expressed in a press statement, expressed "confidence in the ability of the House of Representatives resolve the file security ministries with the beginning of the next legislative term of the Council and go to the rest of the laws proposed legislation before parliament."

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has recently called for the dimensions of the security file on the history and political competition, saying: "The security ministries of the powers of the Prime Minister, it is unreasonable to work the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces who has no deputy, with people who do not know them," Domenech said:

"When we agreed to be the Ministries of Interior and Defence of the two components, Shiite and Sunni, we asked the Iraqi List, provide the names of their candidates, but I found that the names provided by the characters do not fit and the ministries of candidates, it can not reasonably be assigned the Ministry of security to a member of the Division for an earlier or intelligence officer, Iraqi people will say to me How was assigned the job of this person, "asserting the existence of" two contexts, the first congruence, and the second constitutional, since the harmonic context has been disabled by the Iraqi List.

I am compelled to follow the path of the constitutional context, which gives me the right as Prime Minister that the Minister chose to security, and I will bring them to Parliament. "For its part, the Iraqi List, has denied that there was any agreement on the nomination of a personal defense portfolio outside the framework of political consensus.

A spokesman for the list Haider Mulla said in a statement quoted by news agency Nina: "The political blocs agreed to be the candidate of the Ministry of Defence of the right of the Iraqi List, which is committed to this right and will vote on the name provided." He added that "the nomination of any person for the job outside part of the political consensus and outside Iraq share the list will not vote upon the list. "In turn, invited the deputy coalition of state law Shaker Darraji President of the House of Representatives to set a date for an emergency session to vote on the security minister.

Daraji said: "It was supposed to vote in the House of Representatives to the Minister security before the holiday seasonal, but the delay in creating names because of differences between the political blocs around is the last access of candidates to the Council." He added Darraji "We hope to settle this file before the holiday because this Delay is not in the interest of the Iraqi people who will be affected in the end, the first from any security implications may entail. "

He continued: "The security file cabinet can be resolved after the political blocs to agree among themselves on the candidates for the ministries of security and then, the President of the House of Representatives held an emergency session to vote on them."

He also noted the existence of "laws not less important than the vote on the security minister was supposed to be resolved before the holiday, including the Act on the salaries of members of the three presidencies and the law of the salaries of employees of the Internal Security Forces ..

We hope to be voted on these laws as a package in the emergency meeting which we hope to invite the President of the Council to be held. "

In the meantime, he called the Iraqi List, deputy White Aziz Sharif Mayahi House of Representatives to convene an extraordinary session to vote on the security minister.

Mayahi said in a press statement that "the House of Representatives calls for an emergency session to vote on the minister of security and the resolution of this file which took a very long time and if things impossible, despite the possibility of clinching a parliamentary hearing one."

He added Mayahi "The security file should be high on the list of priorities of the Council House of Representatives, and we have let before the parliamentary recess to postpone the holiday until the end of this issue, but the holidays have taken place and before each deputy to his province, and remained a security ministries stuck, at a time can be resolved in one session before the holiday.

"He noted Mayahi that" sensitivity file security imposed on everyone to come to grips with the importance of it and step up deduct away from the mood and methods of political races, it does not require more than incompetent ministers and independent professionals. "

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.alsabaah.com%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dmozilla%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&twu=1&u=http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx%3FID%3D7863&usg=ALkJrhjOFSZy_NGbWNReP8qb7fqAb2YtjQ

• Upvote 4

I am glad for the last sentence! "It does not require more than incompetent ministers"

The longer they put this off, the less confidence we have in their competence. They need to prove that they are ready to cooperate with each other, to benefit their country. If they keep on acting this way, it makes us less likely to invest in Iraq and more likely to keep our money in the US.

• Upvote 2

They keep talking about a "holiday" which I guess is the translating software referring to the parliamentary recess because there is no Iraqi holiday again until July 14th. As a result, these jokers need to get their butts to work ASAP and get this security vote completed.

2011 HOLIDAYS

JAN-01 New Year's Day

JAN-06 Army Day

FEB-15 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad)

APL-09 Baghdad Liberation Day

APL-17 FAO Day

MAY-01 Labour Day

JUL-14 Republic Day

AUG-08 Ceasefire Day (End of Iran-Iraq War)

AUG-30 Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan) 2-10 days

OCT-03 Iraqi Independence Day (National Day)

NOV-06 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice) 2-10 days

NOV-26 Islamic New Year

DEC-05 Ashura

• Upvote 2

I personally have noticed that they actually accomplish many things while they are in recess. They meet in different places and groups, and do not have to be scrutinized by the public or media. No worries!

• Upvote 2

this article is kinda weird. it has some stuff in it that is from a previous article from last week but it sounds like someone either re-released the article or rewrote it with a lot of the same "sense of urgency" stuff in it. notice it doesn't mention any of the names of the now currently exposed ministers. no mention of a consensus between the blocs and it seems to be lamenting that the "vote" didn't get done before the holiday. no mention of the meeting between A, M and Bar, and no mention of Obeidi (spelling?) as the list's choice. one thing for sure... the part about maliki saying that he (the PM) has to pick the minister is his old position, the one that he couldn't get any support on.

even though it's dated later i think it might be from before... any one else notice this?

when they r seated we will c the rv

I can't wait for them to finally resolve the security ministers situation so we can all rest easy that the RV will be around the NEXT corner or obstacle... I don't think them finalizing the security ministers is going to immediately launch the RV. I just don't see it happening. I'll be laughing when the next headline is "MPs press for resolution of 2012 pre-budget approval, or Iraqis demand clean, fresh water and electricity, and THAT will be the next reason the RV hasn't happened yet. Sorry to be pessimistic...

They keep talking about a "holiday" which I guess is the translating software referring to the parliamentary recess because there is no Iraqi holiday again until July 14th. As a result, these jokers need to get their butts to work ASAP and get this security vote completed.

2011 HOLIDAYS

JAN-01 New Year's Day

JAN-06 Army Day

FEB-15 Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad)

APL-09 Baghdad Liberation Day

APL-17 FAO Day

MAY-01 Labour Day

JUL-14 Republic Day

AUG-08 Ceasefire Day (End of Iran-Iraq War)

AUG-30 Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan) 2-10 days

OCT-03 Iraqi Independence Day (National Day)

NOV-06 Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice) 2-10 days

NOV-26 Islamic New Year

DEC-05 Ashura

Holiday = Dayoff

Let's not get too het up about the seating of the securities ministers being THE last obstacle before the RV. If it's going to go down the way we all want it to, not only does Iraq have to exit Chapter 7, they also have to enter Chapter 8, where they can use their nation's non-monetary assets (i.e., oil, natural gas, agriculture, and whatever else they have) as an additional basis for the RV. If it occurs before they enter Chapter 8, then unfortunately I think we can expect the scenario previously laid out by Keepm and others, i.e., RD followed by RV.

Bottom line: we don't want it to be a pure balance sheet transaction. Once the security ministers are seated, if we start to see a lot of talk about oil and gas reserves, etc., then I think we are on the right track. Let's all hope it goes that way. GO RV!

"In turn, invited the deputy coalition of state law Shaker Darraji President of the House of Representatives to set a date for an emergency session to vote on the security minister.

"We hope to settle this file before the holiday because this Delay is not in the interest of the Iraqi people who will be affected in the end, the first from any security implications may entail. "

"laws not less important than the vote on the security minister was supposed to be resolved before the holiday, including the Act on the salaries of members of the three presidencies and the law of the salaries of employees of the Internal Security Forces ..

We hope to be voted on these laws as a package in the emergency meeting which we hope to invite the President of the Council to be held. "

"The security file should be high on the list of priorities of the Council House of Representatives, and we have let before the parliamentary recess to postpone the holiday until the end of this issue, but the holidays have taken place and before each deputy to his province, and remained a security ministries stuck, at a time can be resolved in one session before the holiday.

Are they publishing in code, the article makes more since to me if you read every other parentheses... or is it just me???

"In turn, invited the deputy coalition of state law Shaker Darraji President of the House of Representatives to set a date for an emergency session to vote on the security minister.

"We hope to settle this file before the holiday because this Delay is not in the interest of the Iraqi people who will be affected in the end, the first from any security implications may entail. "

"laws not less important than the vote on the security minister was supposed to be resolved before the holiday, including the Act on the salaries of members of the three presidencies and the law of the salaries of employees of the Internal Security Forces ..

"The security file should be high on the list of priorities of the Council House of Representatives, and we have let before the parliamentary recess to postpone the holiday until the end of this issue, but the holidays have taken place and before each deputy to his province, and remained a security ministries stuck, at a time can be resolved in one session before the holiday.

Are they publishing in code, the article makes more since to me if you read every other parentheses... or is it just me???

I held it up to a mirror. Then it made perfect sense! Ole'