Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interesting...

I recall someone arguing that they have been seeing the M2 figures rise each month.

I never looked into the value of the M2, but I just made the assumption M1 was around 27B and M2 was pushing 23B (give or take a few mill)

Sorry, don't quite understand.

Hi LEX :)

Here is some money supply info.:

Definition: M1 is a measure of total money supply.

The M1 money supply includes only checkable demand deposits.

Definition: M2 is a measure of total money supply. M2 includes

everything in M1 and also savings and other time deposits.

I hope that helps :)

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 5

I hate to say this, but Frank mentioned the M2 supply in his last CC. It would seem it's dropping month to month which would make it seem as if the money supply is drying up. I'm no economist, but wouldn't the M2 drop if they were removing the physical currency from circulation? Like the 25k notes for example?

• Upvote 4

I hate to say this, but Frank mentioned the M2 supply in his last CC. It would seem it's dropping month to month which would make it seem as if the money supply is drying up. I'm no economist, but wouldn't the M2 drop if they were removing the physical currency from circulation? Like the 25k notes for example?

Hehehe!!!! Yep! That's good! biggrin.gif

-

• Upvote 1

Thanks peeps! Great news no?

Great if they are able to reduce total money supply without greatly affecting their foreign cash reserves.

It's still good even if their foreign cash reserves is equally affected by what is drawn in.

Why? Lets out in circuatlion means less of a liability.

Great if they are able to reduce total money supply without greatly affecting their foreign cash reserves.

It's still good even if their foreign cash reserves is equally affected by what is drawn in.

Why? Lets out in circuatlion means less of a liability.

I'm almost certain that I've seen several articles where Saleh has been speaking about the CBI being able to increase their reserves to around $50B. A quick check on the CBI website shows $50B. So, it looks like they are building their foreign reserves, while decreasing the M2.

Let's recap:

M2 decreasing

Inflation increasing

DFI expiring June 30th

Iraq on the hook for hundreds of billions

O extends EO and tells the House and Senate maybe terminated in line with DFI

GOI in session and not on vacation; seem to be making progress

What else?

• Upvote 6

not an economist but the 18 and change from 10 to 11 --inflation? ---remember our own government only tells thier citizens what they think they will believe--they always negate the disbievers ,considers them not important, control the majority --dismiss the minority!

just a thought!

capt cliff

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Loosing between 6.2% and 6.7% per month huh? At this rate they can only last another 90 days till their broke. Iraq is running out of options very quickly.

Not broke if the US protect it......them funds are worth a lot of money.....just saying

not an economist but the 18 and change from 10 to 11 --inflation? ---remember our own government only tells thier citizens what they think they will believe--they always negate the disbievers ,considers them not important, control the majority --dismiss the minority!

just a thought!

capt cliff

Got a point............just saying

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anyone else has realized this yet, but the CBI's M2 is getting smaller each month.

JAN 2011 M2 - 31.6%

FEB 2011 M2 - 25.4%

MAR 2011 M2 - 18.7%

-

wonder what the m2 is now

Hi LEX :)

Here is some money supply info.:

Definition: M1 is a measure of total money supply.

The M1 money supply includes only checkable demand deposits.

Definition: M2 is a measure of total money supply. M2 includes

everything in M1 and also savings and other time deposits.

I hope that helps :)

All my best!

Jim

---

this is how i understand it too

Iraq Money Supply M2Money Supply M2 in Iraq increased to 71449 IQD BIL in July of 2012 from 71196 IQD BIL in June of 2012, according to a report released by the Central Bank of Iraq. Historically, from 2004 until 2012, Iraq Money Supply M2 averaged 33751.4 IQD BIL reaching an all time high of 73626.0 IQD BIL in April of 2012 and a record low of 7445.0 IQD BIL in January of 2004. This page includes a chart with historical data for Iraq Money Supply M2.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/iraq/money-supply-m2

These are 2011 stats. The CBI shows M2 stats up to April 2012 - - the M2 is 73,626 in billions. From April 2011 to April 2012 there is a 24.23 increase. Wish we could see the rest of the data for 2012.

i just gave it to you .. click on the link you can put the dates in yourself .... it only shows up to august 2012 .. it went down after april 2012