Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

aaanth

2 ARTICLES

Iraqi List announces its agreement with the state law to activate the Barzani

Announced that the Iraqi List, Thursday, agreed with the state law to activate the agreements Erbil including the National Council for the strategic policy, stressing that any convergence and agreement between Iraq and the rule of law does not mean to isolate and marginalize the Sadrists, or any force other players.

A spokesman for the list Shaker book in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, “The meeting which was held two days before at the home of Deputy Prime Minister Ruz Nuri Shaways between representatives of the Iraqi List and the rule of law, was reached in which to activate the agreements Irbil, including the National Council for the strategic policy,” noting that “the National Council for the strategic policies will be presented soon to the Parliament to vote on the president.”

The book that “the leaders of the blocs will meet soon to resolve all outstanding issues within the Convention Barzani”, not striking out that “Iraq is optimistic, but cautiously, because of what happened from the procrastination of the state of law regarding the terms of the agreement.”

The book that “no convergence and agreement between the Iraqi list and state law does not mean to isolate and marginalize the Sadrists, or any force other actors in the political process.”

The Kurdistan Alliance MP Chuan Mohamed Taha, revealed yesterday, in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, for signs of a solution to the political crisis in Iraq in the coming days, is a meeting soon between the leaders of political blocs in Baghdad attended by the President of the Kurdistan region, while assuring that the Deputy Prime Minister Nuri al-Rose Shaways search mechanism with the political blocs to reach agreement on the security ministries and the formation of strategic policies.

He revealed the Kurdistan Alliance, First Tuesday, an initiative Kurdish seconds to resolve the differences between Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the leader of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi, about candidates for the ministries of security at the American desire, noting that the initiative include the activation of the remaining items of the first on the powers of the President of Council policies, and sit to the table of dialogue to resolve points of contention between al-Maliki, Allawi, rather than an exchange of letters.

A delegation from the U.S. Congress including Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham, accompanied by U.S. ambassador in Baghdad James Jeffrey and the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, General Austin, met Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani in the resort of Salah al-Din, on the ninth of May current, and invited him to launch a new initiative to resolve the crisis of candidates for the ministries of security between al-Maliki, Allawi to be complementary to those put forward by late last year and led to the formation of the current government.

The leader of the Kurdistan Alliance, Mahmoud Othman, in the 13 of May, the absence of any direction to the President of Iraq’s Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani of the new initiative on the current political situation, while he pointed to a U.S. pressure in this direction, called to publish the details of the Convention on the Erbil to find out who has not met.

The head of Iraq’s Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani, in September 2010, an initiative on resolving the political crisis in Iraq include the formation of a committee of between eight and twelve representatives of the political blocs to begin talks to form a new government and work to resolve outstanding differences, and convening meetings of the expanded for the leaders to resolve the issue of the three presidencies .

And spin differences between the Iraqi List and the National Alliance on some of the terms of the Irbil, including the draft Law on the Council strategic policies supreme, and most important of these differences the mechanism to select the President of the Council, as the demands of the Iraqi List to be the mechanism of choice in the House of Representatives, which rejected the National Alliance and demands to be among the which is within the National Council for the strategic policy and status enjoyed by the person who chairs the council and the powers it be described as general secretary or president.

There are also differences between the parties over the nomination of candidates for security posts vacant in the government, was identified as the Iraqi List, the uniqueness of Maliki’s nomination of candidates is a repudiation of the Agreement on Irbil, which gave the Iraqi list the full right according to the political consensus that oozes from it deems appropriate for the post of defense minister, saying it would reject vote on the candidates Maliki categorically.

ARTICLE 2

Allawi’s executive position to be votes on soon

19/05/2011 17:32

Baghdad, May 19 – The creation of the position of the President of the National Council of Strategic Policies, a new post that was key to the resolution of the political crisis following the last election, will be voted on in parliament soon, a spokesperson for al-Iraqiya political bloc said today.

The bloc, led by former Prime Minister, Ayad Allawi, won the greatest number of seats at the last election, but the State of Law Coalition (SLC), led by current Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and the Sadrists, led by Muqtada al-Sadr, banded together to form a majority.

The post of the president of the council was created to appease Mr Allawi with an executive position. However, more than a year later the council and its presidency have yet to materialize.

The spokesman for al-Iraqiya, Shaker Ketab said the party has been holding meetings with the SLC at the home of Deputy Prime Minister, Rose Nuri Shaways in Baghdad.

Kurdistan President Massoud Barzani put forward the initiative to create the new body and the presidency after a seven month deadlock without the formation of a government. However, disagreement about the powers of the new position – with Mr Allawi arguing that that it should be on an equal footing with the Prime Minister – have delayed its implementation.

Mr Allawi has been angered that the position has not been created yet and believes that a vote in parliament is not necessary as it was one of the conditions of the agreement that allowed the formation of the government.

The political blocs also agreed during the meetings held in Baghdad that the al-Iraqiya candidate for the Ministry of Defense, Khalid al-Obeidi, should take up the position as agreed previously, instead of the Prime Minister’s man, Saadoun al-Dulaimi.

Not sure I understand the importance of this...sounds important...I just don't know is all. Can someone 'splain this to me?? biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it means they are finally getting around to doing what they promised 9 months ago.

It means that they are SAYING that they are finally getting around to doing what they promised 9 months ago. I hope this comes to pass soon but we know how these clowns work, or don't work rather. When I see the word "soon" it tells me that they are not even close. I pray I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

The Kurdistan Alliance MP Chuan Mohamed Taha, revealed yesterday, in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, for signs of a solution to the political crisis in Iraq in the coming days, is a meeting soon between the leaders of political blocs in Baghdad attended by the President of the Kurdistan region, while assuring that the Deputy Prime Minister Nuri al-Rose Shaways search mechanism with the political blocs to reach agreement on the security ministries and the formation of strategic policies.

He revealed the Kurdistan Alliance, First Tuesday, an initiative Kurdish seconds to resolve the differences between Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the leader of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi, about candidates for the ministries of security at the American desire, noting that the initiative include the activation of the remaining items of the first on the powers of the President of Council policies, and sit to the table of dialogue to resolve points of contention between al-Maliki, Allawi, rather than an exchange of letters.

I have selective hearing sometimes...GO GOI !!!

Good find aaanth +1

• Upvote 4

please dont have to copy the original post. great find aaanth

Agreed!! Thought I was only one to complain about this!! :-)

Also great reads, but I don't understand!!

Edited by Crow
  • Upvote 1

The Erbil agreement was the "deal maker" allowing Maliki to go ahead and form while giving Allawi equal power as Maliki, heading the National council.

This agreement was supposed to be a "done deal" months ago, and because it wasn't done, has resulted in the stalemate that we have seen the last several months including the final forming of a Complete govt.

This is Terrific news so long as it actually gets done. Let's keep our fingers crossed.... Give us a complete gov't then a rv.

• Upvote 3

Oh okay thank you cgbrown.. I am soo ready for this to be complete! It will truly be a blessed day when it finally RV's..

No offense, but you have shown in the past couple of days that you have not even a basic understanding of what is going on. Your join date makes no difference, even though it was a few days ago. Why are you "sooooo ready for this to be complete!"? How can something be sooooooo taxing if you don't understand it?

I am sorry, but I just had to ask.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

It is great that they say they agree. I wonder though - really really hope I am wrong- if they will delay and fight and bicker about the nomination of the members to the council now. I wonder if they have mandated that all the council members have to be seated before they vote and approve the security ministers. We shall see . . . . . .

Carrello,

No offense, but you have shown with this post how ignorant you are. Everyone is ready for the RV to be complete. I have done 2 tours in Iraq and have seen more of Iraq than you will ever see. Maybe instead of slamming people for not understanding something you should try to help them understand.

• Upvote 12

It means that they are SAYING that they are finally getting around to doing what they promised 9 months ago. I hope this comes to pass soon but we know how these clowns work, or don't work rather. When I see the word "soon" it tells me that they are not even close. I pray I'm wrong.

Im with you on that! How sad even after reading some very good news for our cause, Most of us are so jaded to this point we shrug our shoulders and wait for the next article stating:dry.gif

Maliki poked Allawi in the eye,Waaaaa.... Political bloc rejects the 3 stooges, Allawi resigns, somebody Pi$$d in Malikis Corn flakes............... Ahhhhhhh!!!

PLEASE let this be the news WE WANT IT TO BE!!!biggrin.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I know we all are ready......YESTERDAY.excl.gif

• Upvote 2

This is a great article. Even though I'm relatively new to the dinar world, I've been studying around the clock and am beginning to see how all these pieces are fitting together.

Maliki+Alawi agreement = seated security minister

Seated security minister + DFI deadline = RV (we hope) B)

Please add or correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1