Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SteveI Executive Order 13303 Update

BBalls

Greeting don't promote other sites Members.

I would like to take a brief minute and explain this action that you are all referring to.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/17/message-president-regarding-continuation-national-emergency-respect-stab

I will try and keep this as simple as possible.

First of all, this news is very exciting to hear. If you recall, the Iraq parliament passed the strategic framework agreement last week. Now what this does is allow the current DFI funds to be transferred to the United States treasury accounts thus protecting the DFI funds only so far. This is not an extension of the initial UN resolution.

This request was made by Maliki to the United States and was granted. This additional six weeks gives Iraq protection for all remaining assets that are held in other countries until they are transferred to the United States accounts. It is estimated about on trillion or more in value.

Under this extension, Iraq can have full access to the funds currently held now without any restrictions and it is fully protected.

Folks, this is perhaps the final check box we have been looking for. This is huge and great news. This will not delay the pending revaluation, but rather move it forward.

Again, I am very happy to see this happen. I am sure this will get posted now to all of the other forums, changed a bit and they now will claim it also as positive. Whatever it takes is fine with me.

I will try and stick around and answer any questions you may have. My wife is fixing dinner and will have to leave in a little while.

Blessings,

Steve

• Upvote 16

Greeting don't promote other sites Members.

I would like to take a brief minute and explain this action that you are all referring to.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/17/message-president-regarding-continuation-national-emergency-respect-stab

I will try and keep this as simple as possible.

First of all, this news is very exciting to hear. If you recall, the Iraq parliament passed the strategic framework agreement last week. Now what this does is allow the current DFI funds to be transferred to the United States treasury accounts thus protecting the DFI funds only so far. This is not an extension of the initial UN resolution.

This request was made by Maliki to the United States and was granted. This additional six weeks gives Iraq protection for all remaining assets that are held in other countries until they are transferred to the United States accounts. It is estimated about on trillion or more in value.

Under this extension, Iraq can have full access to the funds currently held now without any restrictions and it is fully protected.

Folks, this is perhaps the final check box we have been looking for. This is huge and great news. This will not delay the pending revaluation, but rather move it forward.

Again, I am very happy to see this happen. I am sure this will get posted now to all of the other forums, changed a bit and they now will claim it also as positive. Whatever it takes is fine with me.

I will try and stick around and answer any questions you may have. My wife is fixing dinner and will have to leave in a little while.

Blessings,

Steve

I agree with Steve on this order, I think we are nearing the end. Whatsay Request was made by Maliki

Edited by gotyourback
  • Upvote 1

Translation: I got if first and the others are copying me.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

If nothing else, renewing the EO with evaluation clauses built in, is a welcomed, and well though out method of putting pressure on Iraq to start taking responsibility for their government.

Obama can extend the EO indefinately, until the situation that give the extra constitutional powers is considered to be over.

That is the premise of Executive Orders under the War and Emergency Powers act, accorded to him by the powers created by HR-1491, signed March 9, 1933.

Writing in an evaluation and possible early expiration date does tend to spell out the intentions of the Whitehouse; while still leaving open the ability to let it run a full year.

Because the obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Orders 13315, 13350, 13364, and 13438, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2011. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)),sad.gif I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq. This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

May 17, 2011.

OK............Now im confused. Gulp

Do you know why there are two different versions? (scratchin my head)...good find but don't know which to believe...one says 1 year...the other says June 30, 2011 with possible extension if need be...

To me it looks like he sent a general message to congress extending the original order with new dates to match the order from laster year of 1 year extension... Then he sent a letter to the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of reps saying that he extended it for a year, but also that his administration will monitor how things are approaching June 30, 2011 and if they deem it necessary, they can either continue or stop the extension of the protection of funds. That's how I view it.

• Upvote 2

To me it looks like he sent a general message to congress extending the original order with new dates to match the order from laster year of 1 year extension... Then he sent a letter to the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of reps saying that he extended it for a year, but also that his administration will monitor how things are approaching June 30, 2011 and if they deem it necessary, they can either continue or stop the extension of the protection of funds. That's how I view it.

Thanks TQueezy for your thoughts...I think you're right...kinda like a line in the sand suggesting for them to get their act together by June 30...but an out should he need to extend beyond...let's hope this extension which mirrors the DFI expiration is the final trigger...Go RV!

• Upvote 1

Once again steve proves he cant read, it was extended another year. Awful awful news, we are along ways off folks.

For a reason that has no surfaced here as of yet, there are two versions of the letter. Check the News Forum - White House. It is a very interesting read regarding Juni's interpretation and bot letters.

• Upvote 2

Newbie Here,

At the current moment, I feel somewhat defeated here. I'm one that has been effected by this economy and have been taken care of a father with Dementia for quite some time now. I own a very small amount of Dinar but even at .86 I'm VERY THANKFUL for what would be a replacement of the last two years of lost income.

From my viewpoint this extension of order 13303 will delay this investment. On a positive side it may allow some of us, that have not been able to purchase over 250K the opportunity to purchase additional Dinar. I believe I offer this next statement as a word of wisdom. For those who reserve, reconsider and ONLY reserve if you can pay it off. Buy what you can and Own it.

Here is another thought, and I HOPE I'M WRONG

May 2011, Obama attempts to take credit for Bin Laden

Sometime in 2012, Obama attempts to take credit for what Bush knew in regards to the RV of currency

Here's a challenge for many of us. Praying for a President that we don't like and surely would never vote for.

On the bright side, God alone is in Control

Trust in Him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Here's how I interpret this - Iraq wants more time, and being as they are the ACTUAL holders of anything worth value right now (oil), they have leaked threats of a RD of their currency to their public, and blatantly stated it in the article talking about the study to determine if it was necessary. They know how many IQDs are in foreing control right now. In response to that, we (the US), have determinded it necessary to give it to them. Hence this memo. (Remember, they have the oil we have been trying to control.) Some behind-the-scenes deal was made with the promise of more time for a higher return value on currency in reserves, or for lower oil prices in the future, or probably both.

The past couple of weeks I have seen two articles that can be validated and that are prevelent to an RV or and RD, or both - this one and the one about a study to delete the zeros. Those are the ones that mean the most to us IMO, and can be traced to a valid source.

I probably am somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, but I do not trust anyone with a great deal of power, and we are only able to go by what they tell us. So, being investors, we only have articles from reliable sources to go by. Not this smoke-and-mirrors from gurus of not-able-to-be-validated sources.

This could be good news for us folks. It may come soon. At least we now have another date to look forward to - now until one year from the date the pres said. Or he could extend...who knows...

Anyways, that's just my opinion. I know I'm a newbie here on your forum, but I've been in this thing almost since the beginning. I have had a Warka account for almost 3 years now of which I've accrued a total of almost 13% interest or so of the money that I had shipped over there from a holder I had in the States while I spent amost 2-1/2 years of my life working in Iraq while teaching myself Brazilian Portuguese at the same time (I know, not relevant, but I'm proud of it... :P). The reason I got myself into this investment is because of "intel" I had myself from what I consider to be a highly reliable source that would make anyone of you invest anything you could. And I, like many I have read on this forum, cannot say who I heard this from just because... But, who am I anyways... (I know the last couple sentences blew my credibility, but I don't really care. I'm in this for me, not anyone else.)

Sorry if I seem so confrontational here, but after perusing the site for the past week I see that I need to be. I'm not here to blow smoke up anyone's rear or fill your head full of unicorns and lollipops, and I'm not here to rain on your parade either. A LOP could happen as stated by that past article. It is being studied. Funny how we are giving them more time now though, isn't it? That's all I'm saying, take it for what it's worth.

Bash away.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The two other threads here go into the reason there are two versions. One is what he read to Congress (it does not state the one year extension to next year and quotes the UN deadline of June 30) the other is the actual EO with the one year deadline.

I am NOT THE LEAST BIT WORRIED ABOUT THIS... and neither should you guys be. :)

The reason the actual EO has the one year expiration date is because the EO is based on the National Emergencies Act, and that Act provides for automatic one year termination. It makes logical sense to track the language of the Act you are relying on.

The reason he concentrated on the UN deadline in the address to Congress is because he knows the UN will not be extending this deadline. I said elsewhere that the UN Res. 1483 was written long ago, and provides for the 6 month deadline (from Dec. to June), but has no legal framework written in it to allow for it to be extended... there's nothing there to remotely hang your hat on to extend it again. It would entail LOTS of work for them to do that, and I do not see them doing that.

So when Obama said in his address to Congress that "I will be overseeing their progress and will evaluate whether to extend the June 30th deadline" (paraphrased).... How can he say that if he just signed a one year extension?

I believe it is because he knows it is DO OR DIE by June 30th...and the UN will not be extending it.

------------------------

As to the other comments... I know I'm a newbie and have little to no right to ask this, but we are all human and we all have faults.... If you can't say something nice, then we should not say anything at all. What Steve shared is pertinent, and I haven't even looked at the SFA yet to see how that interacts with the funds/accounts. But I am grateful for the tip in that direction.

We are ALL looking forward to this rollercoaster ride ending. Why spoil it with forum fighting, right? :)

Edited by juni
  • Upvote 15

I thought he quit posting 2 weeks ago. He said it was a family thing.

Im just hoping adam text us soon. GO RV.

YEP.

And it's at least the sencond time I've seen SteveI say he quit in the past month or so.

Kinda reminds me of, who is it.....ummm yeah, OKIE!

SheeplesDinar

EYES WIDE OPEN folks, EYES WIDE OPEN!

Edited by Gibbs427
  • Upvote 1

Because the obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Orders 13315, 13350, 13364, and 13438, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2011. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)),sad.gif I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq. This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

May 17, 2011.

OK............Now im confused. Gulp

think he said june 30 2o11