Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LOP AND REDENOMINATION ARE NOT THE SAME

Mr.Nobody

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND NOT TO BE CONCIDERED AS THE GOSPELL OF DINARVILLE!

First, a LOP is the removal of 3 zeros from a currency DEVALUING the note....

Example...You take a 25,000 note, remove the 3 zeros and it is now only worth 25....

Iraq is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to DEVALUE their currency...NO LOP NO WAY NO HOW

Second and what I believe this is what they mean by RAISING OR LIFTING THE 3 ZEROS....REDENOMINATION

You start with a 25,000 note that is worth approx. $21.50 (25,000 x 0.00086) You bring in a NEW note where THE ZEROS HAVE BEEN LIFTED OFF OF THE NOTE!

Now you have a new note that is EQUAL to the old note...Meaning, the NEW 25 note is EQUAL to the 25,000 note...The value to the dollar has not changed... both notes are worth approx. $21.50...

EXAMPLE...a case of Coke costs 25,000 dinar....Then they bring in the new "lifted zeros note", the 25 and THEY ARE IN CIRCULATION AT THE SAME TIME...WHY, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME VALUE...THE 25,000 IS STILL THE SAME AND THE 25 IS EQUAL TO THE 25,000...

Now you go back to the store to buy a case of Coke and there are 2 tags on the case...The old tag that has always been there and reads 25,000 dinars and the NEW tag reads 25 dinars.....The price of the case has not changed....

EXAMPLE... The USA has a 1,000 dollar bill and they lop the 3 zeros...NOW YOU THINK IT IS WORTH 1 DOLLAR??? NO LOP NO HOW NO WAY

EXAMPLE...A salary was 1,000,000 OLD dinars a week...He got paid in cash....

One day he gets paid with New dinars and they count out 1,000 new dinars....He did not get a reduction in his pay...He still makes the same amount he did before and has the same purchasing power...THERE IS NO LOP...IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE SOME SERIOUSLY ANGRY IRAQS! "You mean to tell me I came to work all these years and finally started making 1,000,000 dinars a week and now I only make 1,000"...YOU SEE...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT...

Now that we are clear on that...we can now RV the currency...And I will not start in a new thread on how much dinar is in circulation..I just believe somebody knows what they are doing and somehow they will pull this off...

Also, don't have a date and as far as the rate...I don't know that either..I just believe the dinar is worth more than a buck! Thank You! Again JMHO :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Example...You take a 25,000 note, remove the 3 zeros and it is now only worth 25....

Iraq is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to DEVALUE their currency...NO LOP NO WAY NO HOW

Please show one example of any country that has removed zeros from the currency that was a devaluation to support your claim that a LOP is a devaluation. Every single document that I can find refers to a lop as 'lopping' the zeros off the currency, as was the case in Romania and Turkey, which were both redenominations. Everything that I can find is basically stating a redenomination and 'lop'ping of the zeroes is the exact same thing... If you have something that shows otherwise, can you please provide a link?

• Upvote 2

Second and what I believe this is what they mean by RAISING OR LIFTING THE 3 ZEROS....REDENOMINATION

You start with a 25,000 note that is worth approx. $21.50 (25,000 x 0.00086) You bring in a NEW note where THE ZEROS HAVE BEEN LIFTED OFF OF THE NOTE!

Now you have a new note that is EQUAL to the old note...Meaning, the NEW 25 note is EQUAL to the 25,000 note...The value to the dollar has not changed... both notes are worth approx. $21.50...

EXAMPLE...a case of Coke costs 25,000 dinar....Then they bring in the new "lifted zeros note", the 25 and THEY ARE IN CIRCULATION AT THE SAME TIME...WHY, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME VALUE...THE 25,000 IS STILL THE SAME AND THE 25 IS EQUAL TO THE 25,000...

Now you go back to the store to buy a case of Coke and there are 2 tags on the case...The old tag that has always been there and reads 25,000 dinars and the NEW tag reads 25 dinars.....The price of the case has not changed....

EXAMPLE... The USA has a 1,000 dollar bill and they lop the 3 zeros...NOW YOU THINK IT IS WORTH 1 DOLLAR??? NO LOP NO HOW NO WAY

One day he gets paid with New dinars and they count out 1,000 new dinars....He did not get a reduction in his pay...He still makes the same amount he did before and has the same purchasing power...THERE IS NO LOP...IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE SOME SERIOUSLY ANGRY IRAQS! "You mean to tell me I came to work all these years and finally started making 1,000,000 dinars a week and now I only make 1,000"...YOU SEE...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT...

Now that we are clear on that...we can now RV the currency...And I will not start in a new thread on how much dinar is in circulation..I just believe somebody knows what they are doing and somehow they will pull this off...

Also, don't have a date and as far as the rate...I don't know that either..I just believe the dinar is worth more than a buck! Thank You! Again JMHO :D

Noted. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Respectfully....

Correct but I doubt it will go either way. Straight RV with a rate lower then they can come out at. Just wait and see though. All the theories and ideas and examples mean nothing. NO ONE HERE KNOWS! Just relax. WHAT EVER IT IS we will all do very very well. I want to see all the low numbers and nay sayers eat their hats. But yet collect their dollars too. Be well.

Peace Friends...

One day he gets paid with New dinars and they count out 1,000 new dinars....He did not get a reduction in his pay...He still makes the same amount he did before and has the same purchasing power...THERE IS NO LOP...IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE SOME SERIOUSLY ANGRY IRAQS! "You mean to tell me I came to work all these years and finally started making 1,000,000 dinars a week and now I only make 1,000"...YOU SEE...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT..

.What does this mean does it mean for example we have 300k dinar, lets say $3 USD per 1 dinar its worth $900k in USD or not?

Please show one example of any country that has removed zeros from the currency that was a devaluation to support your claim that a LOP is a devaluation. Every single document that I can find refers to a lop as 'lopping' the zeros off the currency, as was the case in Romania and Turkey, which were both redenominations. Everything that I can find is basically stating a redenomination and 'lop'ping of the zeroes is the exact same thing... If you have something that shows otherwise, can you please provide a link?

Exactly......its the same thing.....either way you slice it the 25k note is to have the same buying power as a new 25 note, but in reality the purchasing power isent lost and the 25k note isent devalued, it keeps its purchasing power and it will be equal to what a new 25 note can purchase.....what Mr Nobody described as being two different things, he actually described the same thing lol......just in different words.....so he actually contradicted himself without even knowing it......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Exactly......its the same thing.....either way you slice it the 25k note is to have the same buying power as a new 25 note, but in reality the purchasing power isent lost and the 25k note isent devalued, it keeps its purchasing power and it will be equal to what a new 25 note can purchase.....what Mr Nobody described as being two different things, he actually described the same thing lol......just in different words.....so he actually contradicted himself without even knowing it......

Sorry...It is not the same thing...

A lop is the devalutation of a currency...25K becomes 25....The 25K note went down in value...It now does not have the same purchasing power...

You can also bring in a 25 note and equal the value by raising its value to equal the current 25K note...raising its value...By doing this the purchasing power of the 25K note has stayed the same and the new 25 has the same purchasing power as the 25K...THE IRAQIS HAVE NOT LOST ANY MONEY/VALUE OF THEIR CURRENCY.In this scenario the 25 value went UP to match the 25K...and nothing has changed to the Iraqis...The prices stay the same..the notes will be used at the same time...Let say you can still go buy something that was 25k with either a old 25k note or a new 25 note...

All they are doing is replacing the bill by lifting the zeros...the currency value has stayed the same. the product they buy will not be affected...Everything is the same as far as value...The only difference is the new notes are raised UP to the current value of the bills they are replacing....NOT DOWN

And to the other thread about name another country...can't sorry...This is still my opinion only...I just don't see Iraq devaluing the currency, but I do see them replacing the 3 zero notes by raising the value of a 25 to equal the current 25K..NOT THE SAME...ONE IS UP THE OTHER IS DOWN.

They have 2 choices here...raise the value of the new 25 up to the 25K or Lower the value of the 25K down to the 25.

I say raise you say lower...I say they are different, you say they are not...

Again...I would not bet my life on how all this will go down...I just see a LOP and a Redenomination as 2 different ways they can go...

Edited by Mr.Nobody
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One day he gets paid with New dinars and they count out 1,000 new dinars....He did not get a reduction in his pay...He still makes the same amount he did before and has the same purchasing power...THERE IS NO LOP...IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE SOME SERIOUSLY ANGRY IRAQS! "You mean to tell me I came to work all these years and finally started making 1,000,000 dinars a week and now I only make 1,000"...YOU SEE...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT..

.What does this mean does it mean for example we have 300k dinar, lets say $3 USD per 1 dinar its worth $900k in USD or not?

I have not discussed the RV part of this whole thing....I am hoping the value of my 25k notes that I have in my possesion stay the same after the lifting of the zeros and if I have 300k Dinars and they RV @ 1 dollar I will have $300,000...This is what I am hoping for...

What I am talking about on this thread is, I believe a LOP and a Redenomination are 2 different ways to go and they are NOT the same...JMO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Zero Lop or Zero Lopping the Dinar Analysis

Dinar into Dollars - [7/13/2006]

Both Russia and Afghanistan are countries who have zero lopped their currency.

Lets look at their situations in relation to the Iraqi Dinar and the speculation and

rumors about Iraq doing a zero lop on their currency:

Afghanistan had 4 types of currency in circulation as a result of a civil war. It was

unknown how much of each was in circulation. For the people and the

government, this was a very difficult situation. As a result, the currency kept

losing it's value. They needed something both credible and efficient to use as

currency. You did not want people carrying around bags of money since

everything is cash based. Their zero lop happened at the same time as they

printed new currency to replace the confusing mix they had before. This ensured

everyone had the same currency, there was a known amount in circulation, and

people could buy and sell things with few notes. It has little in common to the

Iraqi Dinar and the speculation about the zero lop. Iraq has already

printed and established a single national currency, with secure features

and knows exactly how much is in circulation. The Dinar denominations are

already designed to carry high or low values without carrying around sacks of

money. It makes no sense for them to change the face of the currency, when

they are talking about increasing the value to fit their economic goals.

Russia performed zero lopping to their currency in 1998. They did this in

response to hyperinflation and to restore confidence in their currencies structure

and value. Iraq has roughly only 20% inflation. Russia also had denominations

that went too high - they had denominations of 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k, and 500k -

which were replaced with denominations of 5, 10, 50, 100 , and 500. In

comparison, Iraq's highest denomination is the 25k and has denominations all the

way down to 25 Dinar. If Iraq did zero lopping off the structure of the bills,

they would overlap denominations that already exist. This does not make

sense or fit the stated goals with the Iraqi Dinar. It seems that a zero lop, or

zero lopping would not occur with the denominations of the Dinar, but by

increasing it's value with a revalue that would benefit their economy and their

poor in a positive way.

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNews.aspx?id=1677

• Upvote 1

Please show one example of an article that says they are doing a lop. Please provide a link.

It is my opinion that when they say they are raising the 000 notes, they do not mean a lop. They mean they are taking the 000 notes out of circulation when they are turned in.

Dinar into Dollars - [7/13/2006]

Both Russia and Afghanistan are countries who have zero lopped their currency.

Lets look at their situations in relation to the Iraqi Dinar and the speculation and

rumors about Iraq doing a zero lop on their currency:

Afghanistan had 4 types of currency in circulation as a result of a civil war. It was

unknown how much of each was in circulation. For the people and the

government, this was a very difficult situation. As a result, the currency kept

losing it's value. They needed something both credible and efficient to use as

currency. You did not want people carrying around bags of money since

everything is cash based. Their zero lop happened at the same time as they

printed new currency to replace the confusing mix they had before. This ensured

everyone had the same currency, there was a known amount in circulation, and

people could buy and sell things with few notes. It has little in common to the

Iraqi Dinar and the speculation about the zero lop. Iraq has already

printed and established a single national currency, with secure features

and knows exactly how much is in circulation. The Dinar denominations are

already designed to carry high or low values without carrying around sacks of

money. It makes no sense for them to change the face of the currency, when

they are talking about increasing the value to fit their economic goals.

Russia performed zero lopping to their currency in 1998. They did this in

response to hyperinflation and to restore confidence in their currencies structure

and value. Iraq has roughly only 20% inflation. Russia also had denominations

that went too high - they had denominations of 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k, and 500k -

which were replaced with denominations of 5, 10, 50, 100 , and 500. In

comparison, Iraq's highest denomination is the 25k and has denominations all the

way down to 25 Dinar. If Iraq did zero lopping off the structure of the bills,

they would overlap denominations that already exist. This does not make

sense or fit the stated goals with the Iraqi Dinar. It seems that a zero lop, or

zero lopping would not occur with the denominations of the Dinar, but by

increasing it's value with a revalue that would benefit their economy and their

poor in a positive way.

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNews.aspx?id=1677

I agree with you...Iraq is not going to devalue their currency...I also will say I don't have a clue how they are going to do RV...

The only purpose of my thread was to state that a LOP and a Redenomination are not the same thing and from the posts I read I and others are confused on this issue only...I am just stating the 2 are different and have 2 different outcomes...

Please show one example of an article that says they are doing a lop. Please provide a link.

It is my opinion that when they say they are raising the 000 notes, they do not mean a lop. They mean they are taking the 000 notes out of circulation when they are turned in.

I agree with you also...I think the Dinar is worth more than a dollar...How they get it there I don't know...

I would also add to your statement...."They mean they are taking the 000 notes out of circulation when they are turned in"...and here are the notes that will replace the 000 notes...?

Sorry...It is not the same thing...

A lop is the devalutation of a currency...25K becomes 25....The 25K note went down in value...It now does not have the same purchasing power...

You can also bring in a 25 note and equal the value by raising its value to equal the current 25K note...raising its value...By doing this the purchasing power of the 25K note has stayed the same and the new 25 has the same purchasing power as the 25K...THE IRAQIS HAVE NOT LOST ANY MONEY/VALUE OF THEIR CURRENCY.In this scenario the 25 value went UP to match the 25K...and nothing has changed to the Iraqis...The prices stay the same..the notes will be used at the same time...Let say you can still go buy something that was 25k with either a old 25k note or a new 25 note...

All they are doing is replacing the bill by lifting the zeros...the currency value has stayed the same. the product they buy will not be affected...Everything is the same as far as value...The only difference is the new notes are raised UP to the current value of the bills they are replacing....NOT DOWN

And to the other thread about name another country...can't sorry...This is still my opinion only...I just don't see Iraq devaluing the currency, but I do see them replacing the 3 zero notes by raising the value of a 25 to equal the current 25K..NOT THE SAME...ONE IS UP THE OTHER IS DOWN.

They have 2 choices here...raise the value of the new 25 up to the 25K or Lower the value of the 25K down to the 25.

I say raise you say lower...I say they are different, you say they are not...

Again...I would not bet my life on how all this will go down...I just see a LOP and a Redenomination as 2 different ways they can go...

What are you not understanding?? Hahaha either way you just described, both the 25k note and the 25 note will be equal in purchasing power......when countries do this they normally have two different prices in the market......(research germany and the DM) So for instance in Iraq they could have an item that you can purchase either for 10k (old note) or 10 dinar (new note)......they have the same purchasing power and value......lopping is just a slang word we all use for lopping the zeros off the notes and redenominating......they are one in the same bud......because by lopping the zeros or removing the zeros (same thing) you have to redenominate the currency.....what is so hard to comprehend about that?? Iraq has mentioned it many times.....also that they are using Turkey when they REMOVED/LOPPED the zeros from their currency as a platform for the plans they are making......its all one in the same.....removing/deleting/lopping the zeros and redenominating, making 1000 old dinar= 1 new dinar....same value, same purchasing power......NEVER has it EVER been stated that they are just going to slowly get the bigger bills out of circulation and all the bills will have different values and purchasing powers.....both old and new notes will co-exist because there will be two different prices in the market place.....again, an item might cost 25k (old note) but you can buy it also for 1 (new) 25 note......there is no difference between a lop or redenomination....they come hand in hand.....by lopping the zeros off the bills they have to redenominate.....by redenominating they are lopping off the zeros from the notes.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I agree with you also...I think the Dinar is worth more than a dollar...How they get it there I don't know...

I would also add to your statement...."They mean they are taking the 000 notes out of circulation when they are turned in"...and here are the notes that will replace the 000 notes...?

Exactly.

I would not be looking for a re-denomination. Iraq is not printing up new bills. It is my belief that they printed the smaller denoms already. The denominations of the smaller bills have been posted before and they will take care of the purchases that we use for change as well as the 1, 5, 10 etc.

Keepm, I know you've done your homework on this issue and would like for you to expand a little on what happens after the lop/redenomination. What does Iraq need to do to get their currency accepted and trading on the forex market? I'm not talking about seating the government. Who or what decides a currency is now tradeable?

Even if it were to straight up RV, Who or what decides a currency is now tradeable?

Edited by WorkerBee

Keepm, I know you've done your homework on this issue and would like for you to expand a little on what happens after the lop/redenomination. What does Iraq need to do to get their currency accepted and trading on the forex market? I'm not talking about seating the government. Who or what decides a currency is now tradeable?

Even if it were to straight up RV, Who or what decides a currency is now tradeable?

Shabibi has the authority to allow the dinar to be internationally traded.....of course all the sanctions placed on Iraq need to be lifted and taken care of first.......but it ultimately lies in the hands of the Shabibi.....If they decide though that the dinar will be placed on a mangaged float, where the value wont be based off the market, then I wouldnt look for it to be a huge thing on Forex to be traded.....heck, forex could be telling us the truth that they dont have any future plans right now to trade the dinar.....there wouldnt be much of a demand for it if its on a managed float and pegged to a basket of currencies just like Kuwait....so they might not even waste their time dealing with it.......Im not 100% positive, but Im pretty certain Kuwait, Saudi arabia, and a few other ME countries that have decent valued currencies are not traded openly.....so I dont think there is any promise of Iraq being on the forex market like everyone assumes.....its possible though.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Keep, here is another explaination by "addin" from a previous post...I added my 2 cents at the end...

KEY WORD: Stated it iraq want people carry less money and keep purchasing power

1. Definition.

Redenomination:iqd 25,000 would be iqd 25 and the iqd 25,000 value will be same value iqd 25 and the price item was also down and it does not affect the purchasing power

2. Effect of the community.

In the Redenomination, no loss because the purchasing power remains the same.

3. Objectives

Redenomination aims to simplify the breakdown of money for a more efficient and comfortable in transaction. enter into the next, preparing the economic equivalence of Iraq with countries in the region.

4. Value for money for item.

On the currency redenomination of the item does not change, because the only way of pronunciation and writing are the adjusted fraction of the money.

5. Current condition is.

Redenomination done when stable macro economic conditions. Economic growth and inflation under control.

6. Transition

Redenomination thoroughly prepared and measured to the community is ready, so as not to cause civil unrest.

HERE IS LOP...WHAT TRUE MEANING LOP????

DEFINITION:

Were LOP will cut 25,000 to be 25 and the price item not down and it affects the purchasing power

for example: the price of rice iqd 10000 if LOP happen the price item still remain iqd 10000 eventhough has LOP their money and this mean people will loss..money already LOP but the price item not drop and lose purchasing power

EFFECT OF COMMUNITY:

In the LOP, cause a lot of purchasing power losses due to decreased drastically.

OBJECTIVE

LOP aims at reducing the amount outstanding due to the surge of prices. Done because of the hyperinflation (inflation is very high)

VALUE FOR MONEY FOR ITEM

In the LOP, the value of money against item became smaller, because the cut is down

CURRENT CONDITION IS:

LOP is the macroeconomic situation is not healthy, very high inflation (hyperinflation)

TRANSITION:

LOP no transition period and made a sudden

Read more:

I am not sure I agree with the way he put it, but he is trying to say they are 2 different events and the term LOP and the term Redenomination are not synonymus....

Take the 1,000 dollar US bill...If the conditions in the economy called for a LOP or LOPPING of the zeros the bill would become 1 dollar...This is devaluation...The 1,000 bill has less purchasing power..L.(loss) O.(of) P.(power) Isn't this what it stands for...

If the US econoomy call for a revaluation of their currency because it was undervalued and they wanted to make transactions easier they redenominated the currency, the replacement note "1 dollar" would have the same purchasing power as the 1,000 USD..

LOP...LOSE...CUT DOWN...All synonymus terms

Redenominate...change...replace...synonymus terms...

I must be squirrely...I just don't understand how they can be used in the same sentence...

One more thing that I will say humbly....I don't know what or how or when this is going down...

Hey KEEP I really could be squirrely...My wife tells me I am..? My brain just won't wrap or (doesn't want to) believe they are the same thing.../ :huh:

Edited by Mr.Nobody

Hey KEEP I really could be squirrely...My wife tells me I am..? My brain just won't wrap or (doesn't want to) believe they are the same thing.../ huh.gif

LOL its all good bro.....Addin sounds like he was confused a little from what he wrote.....Im not sure where he is getting that from but I havent known any country in history that "lopped" as he so calls it.....they all redenominated by removing/deleting/raising/lopping the zeros off the notes to ease cash transactions or combat the after affects of hyperinflation.....in Turkeys terms they say they lopped the zeros off and what they did was redenominate basically.....it can be confusing to alot of people at times because there are so many misconstrued facts out there.....but I think that when we say redenominate the dinar, we are all basically speaking of removing/deleting/raising/lopping the zeros off the bills and issuing a new currency of lower denominations......hopefully not the outcome that is used....im hoping for a low RV vs a redenomination of any sort......just flat out issuing a new currency with lower bills and gradually getting the bigger bills out of circulation.......I hope they can somehow, someway pull that off.....logically it doesnt make alot of sense of HOW they can RV at any high rate and things more along the lines point to a slow and gradual rise in my mind.....guess we shall see!

• Downvote 2

It seems to me that a LOP (removal of zeros) is a redenomination; or in the case of adding zeros to a currency, it is still a redenomination. Regardless of the semantics - As in the case of Venezuala and Turkey - just a few of many examples. You can find these online - what is interesting though, in the case of redenomination (LOP) a formal report was always submitted to the IMF, WB, in country financial institutions, and the public at large; this was always done months in advance to all so they could prepare for the switch-over. In the case of Venezuala, the transition period was four months - also the value - thanks to Milton Friedman and all the privatizers - was, if you can believe it, much lower than the IQD. With hyper-inflation reaching the 325% level for years prior to the shock of privatization, austerity, and free trade agreements. Even though it's being voted on by the Iraqi parlament - I'm not sold on this being a redenomination (LOP) - simply because they've not followed the usual format of printed notification (YET). Also, any change in value would not be advertised in advance. In the case of most of these countries processing a redenomination, their currencies were not like Iraq's. Their reserves were not as high proportionally. (Based on stated reserves Iraq's currency is worth 10 times what it is presently trading for) They didn't practice sterility of their currencies before hand. These Central and South American countries were crippled with unpayable debt to the IMF and World Bank, Iraq is not. None of these countries had almost $300 billion in DFI type funds waiting for release. So, all that being said, I am cautiously beginning to change my mind about there being a LOP. It is beginning to look more like a revaluation then a redenomination of existing currency. - then a redenomination.

This is exactly what I have been talking to people about. When the 000 are gone, the new 25 will equal the old 25K. No difference in price. None at all.

the only difference will be where they set the new price of the currency. Will it be .86 or 3.22 or what ever. Therefore your 25K note will only be worth $21.50 at and .86 RV.

I honestly can't imagine that the 25K note will be worth $21,500 USD @ .86 RV. That never made any sense to me at all.

Either way, I bought a bunch and hope that what the "Gurus" have been telling all of us are true. I guess we'll all know soon, maybe!!!

• Upvote 1

First, a LOP is the removal of 3 zeros from a currency DEVALUING the note....blah, blah, blah

I want to agree with you, but it is just isn't totally right.

The thing you describe as what a lop is... well, it just has never happened anywhere before. You obviously read that in a forum somewhere before, and for some silly reason, you just chose to believe that was a lop. But again, it is something that has never happened.

A lop is nothing more than a slang term for a redenomination.

In your argument with Keep, you keep mixing "Forum Facts" into your argument.

From what I could stand reading, you seem to have decent grasp of what a redenomination is. Just stick with that.

If you want to keep saying a lop is actually something else, please give an example of one country that it has happened in. I still suspect that what you describe as a lop is just a figment of your imagination.

(and Keepm', we still need to discuss the mythical simultaneous RD/RV. All in fun though. :P )

Edited by Froto
  • Upvote 1