Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OKIE 4/30/11 Kind of COOL for a Change

Brisco

The Koran 9:11 E-mail which began

several years ago is a hoax.

For those of you who are not familiar with this E-mail ... There is an

E-mail going around which suggests that a verse in the Koran (Quran)

was prophecy of the 9/11 Tragedy. Someone started an E-mail forward

and it began to circulate in cyberspace. Some printed this e-mail and

there it went out into Real time. Here is what the E-mail suggested

that the Koran (Quran) says:

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a

fearsome Eagle.. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the

lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair

still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of

Allah;

Most thought ... Wow, how cool and began to tell their friends. People

LOVE prophecy and many began to try and interpret this prediction.

Many interpreted this to mean that the sons of Arabia are the Muslims,

so America must be the eagle (Since the American symbol is the

eagle) that they woke up and angered at 9/11 and

Americans are over there cleansing the land ...

One MAJOR prob tho ...

These words are not from anywhere in the Koran (Quran).

Chapter 9 verse 11 (009.011) actually says:

(NOTE: Like the Bible there are different versions)

YUSUFALI: But (even

so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and

practice regular charity,- they are your brethren in

Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for

those who understand.

PICKTHAL: But if they repent and establish worship and

pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in

religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who

have knowledge.

SHAKIR: But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay

the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We

make the communications clear for a people who know.

As you can see ... This has NOTHING to

do with the events of 9/11.

• Upvote 5

Google "Koran 9 11."

You'll read a statement that this passage has nothing to do with an eagle (there is no eagle in the Koran. I suspect their are no eagles in Iraq).

If this is they way Okie checks his "intel" no wonder he's always wrong.

He was giving info from the bible not the koran. were did this comment come from.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

April 30 2011

« on: Today at 04:38:46 PM »

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] BEEN GONE SEVERAL DAYS. WAS TOLD --REPEAT NO MORE INTEL SO I GUESS I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMING WEEK BUT INSTEAD WILL GIVE SOME OF YOU A BRIEF OVERVIEW AND HISTORY LESSON ABOUT IRAQ. HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS--STUDY THEM---THE GARDEN OF EDEN WAS IN IRAQ.--MESOPOTAMIA, WHICH IS NOW IRAQ, WAS THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION. NOAH BUILT THE ARK IN IRAQ. THE TOWER OF BABEL WAS IN IRAQ. ABRAHAM WAS FROM Ur WHICH IS IN SOUTHERN IRAQ.-ISAAC'S WIFE REBEKAH IS FROM NAHOR, WHICH IS IN IRAQ. JACOB MET RACHEL IN IRAQ.=JONAH PREACHED IN NINIVEH WHICH IS IN IRAQ. ASSYRIA WHICH IS IN IRAQ CONQUERED THE TEN TRIBES OF ISRAEL. -AMOS CRIED OUT IN IRAQ. BABLYLON WHICH IS IN IRAQ, DESTROYED JERUSALIM.--DANIEL WAS IN THE LIONS DEN IN IRAQ.=THE THREE HEBREW CHILDREN WERED IN THE FIRE IN IRAQ (JESUS HAD BEEN IN IRAQ ALSO AS THE FOURTH PERSON IN THE FIERY FURNACE) BELSHAZZAR THE KING OF BABYLON SAW THE "WRITING ON THE WALL" IN IRAQ. -NEBUCHADNEZZAR KING OF BABYLON CARRIED THE JEWS CAPTIVE INTO IRAQ. EZEKIEL PREACHED IN IRAQ. THE WISE MEN CAME FROM IRAQ. PETER PREACHED IN IRAQ. THE "EMPIRE OF MAN" DESCRIBED IN REVELATION IS CALLED BABYLON WHICH IS IN IRAQ. ISRAEL IS THE MOST MENTIONED COUNTRY IN THE BIBLE--GUESS WHO'S 2ND--IRAQ!

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] IRAQ IS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE. THE NAMES USED IN THE BIBLE ARE BABYLON, LAND OF SHINAR, AND MESOPOTAMIA--THE WORD MESOPOTAMIA MEANS BETWEEN TWR RIVERS, MORE EXACTLY BETWEEN THE TIGRIS AND EUPHRATES RIVERS. INDEED IRAQ IS A COUNTRY WITH DEEP ROOT'S AND IS A VERY SIGNIFICANT COUNTRY IN THE BIBLE. NO OTHER NATION EXCEPT ISRAEL, HAS MORE HISTORY AND PROPHECY ASSOCIATED WITH IT THAN IRAQ. OK-NOW--HERES SOMETHING ELSE TO THINK ABOUT. SINCE AMERICA IS TYPICALLY REPRESENTED BY AN EAGLE. SADDAM SHOULD HAVE READ UP ON HIS MUSLIM PASSAGES---THE FOLLOWING VERSE IS FROM THE KORAN (THE ISLAMIC BIBLE)KORAN 9-11 FOR IT IS WRITTEN THAT A SON OF ARABIA WOULD AWAKEN A FEARSOME EAGLE. THE WRATH OF THE EAGLE WOULD BE FELT THROUGHOUT THA LANDS OF ALLAH AND LO, WHILE SOME OF THE PEOPLE TREMBLED IN DESPAIR STILL MORE REJOICED. FOR THE WRATH OF THE EAGLE CLEANSED THE LANDS OF ALLAH--AND THEN THERE WAS PEACE----NOTE THE VERSE NUMBER-----9-11

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] SINCE I HAVE BEEN NEUTERED FROM PASSING ON IMPORTANT INTEL I THOUGHT A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF IRAQ WAS, DIS-REGARDING THE DINAR IMPORTANCE TO WORLD HISTORY --PAST--PRESENT AND FUTURE.

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] AS I STATED AS OF LAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT LATE---I AM COMFORTABLE--NUFF SAID--PERIOD!!---SELAH

Just when I was about to give Okie a good thought for his research and knowledge of Iraq,I saw the following on Jesusisliberal.com.I have edited nothing,just copied and pasted.Anything look familiar?

Koran Verse 9-11 Hoax

(A Brief Summary)

How Can We Stop Spreading Hate

and start Living Our Values?

April 26, 2007

In an ideal world, we would no longer have hate mongering and we would not spread hate, but rather would live our values. Even in this

non-perfect world we can try to stop the spread of hate, live our values and create the world we want to live in - which is why, in light of

the on-going Koran 9-11 hoax - also called the Quran 9:11 hoax - we write this post today.

There has been a "Koran 9:11" email hoax spreading across the web for the past 5 years that says - in short - that the Koran, verse 9:11

predicts that the rise of Osama Bin Laden, the attack on the USA on 9-11, and the American responses of attacking Afghanistan and Iraq.

We have received this Hoax email at least 12 times in the past 5 years - and we just received it again today. The fact is that someone

probably started the chain again on the anniversary of President Bush's claim 3 years ago of "Mission Accomplished". Because we

have received this Koran 9:11 hoax email yet again it again, this page is being dedicated to debunking a Christian / Conservative

religious and social bigotry contained in this Anti-Islamic Koran 9:11 hoax email.

According to the "Koran 9:11" email, verse 9:11 from the Koran - the Islamic Holy Book - says that a Son of Arabia will do something bad

that will awaken a fearsome Eagle. And that the wrath of this Eagle will be felt throughout the lands of Allah. The connotation, of course,

is that the Islamic Fundamentalist Osama Bin Laden (the Son of Arabia) has attacked America (the Eagle) and that the wrath of the

Eagle will be felt in the lands of Allah; i.e. - the US will attack Afghanistan and Iraq.

The implication is that the Koran predicts not only Osama's attack, but it also predicts (and thus justifies) the US invasions of

Afghanistan and Iraq. This email and the Koran passage quoted is big fat lie, a distortion of another people's Holy Book and a flat out

Hoax.

A comparison of the Hoax Email and the true Koran passage prove this 100% a hoax.

Text of the Koran 9:11 Hoax email (in Blue):

Interesting Study, please read all the way to the end. VERY INTERESTING!

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq!

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is

second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of

Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and

Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. No other nation, except Israel, has more

history and prophecy associated it than Iraq. And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically

represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be

felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the

wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

• Upvote 2

all of it is truth, if you dont agree please enlighten us on what your verson.

Just read the post below yours by "Neversatisfied".

The Koran 9:11 E-mail which began

several years ago is a hoax.

For those of you who are not familiar with this E-mail ... There is an

E-mail going around which suggests that a verse in the Koran (Quran)

was prophecy of the 9/11 Tragedy. Someone started an E-mail forward

and it began to circulate in cyberspace. Some printed this e-mail and

there it went out into Real time. Here is what the E-mail suggested

that the Koran (Quran) says:

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a

fearsome Eagle.. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the

lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair

still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of

Allah;

Most thought ... Wow, how cool and began to tell their friends. People

LOVE prophecy and many began to try and interpret this prediction.

Many interpreted this to mean that the sons of Arabia are the Muslims,

so America must be the eagle (Since the American symbol is the

eagle) that they woke up and angered at 9/11 and

Americans are over there cleansing the land ...

One MAJOR prob tho ...

These words are not from anywhere in the Koran (Quran).

Chapter 9 verse 11 (009.011) actually says:

(NOTE: Like the Bible there are different versions)

YUSUFALI: But (even

so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and

practice regular charity,- they are your brethren in

Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for

those who understand.

PICKTHAL: But if they repent and establish worship and

pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in

religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who

have knowledge.

SHAKIR: But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay

the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We

make the communications clear for a people who know.

As you can see ... This has NOTHING to

do with the events of 9/11.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=6&t=64637&qpid=464975#ixzz1L4epCpj2

LIE!! No truth in that statement.

Just google the Koran chapter 9 verse 11. You won't find those words.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:blink: wot the....??? no rate, no date, no intuitive excuse to why we are still waiting....but biblical passages both from Christian and Muslim accounts....? :blink:

now thats kinda scaring me... :huh:

Scares me to the fact that there was nothing in there that is worth me SHOOTING at. :o damn...who would have thought that that i see that day. :o

Edited by Shinnidan
  • Upvote 2

Oakie,

I enjoy your humor and believe you never are trying to steer us wrong. I know others take great pleasure in bashing you. But I'm not approving. Keep us as informed as you can and don't worry about the bashers. I sense that your just passing on what's passed on to you; and your never sure whether it's true or embelished. To many thin skin people out there. They don't have to read your blogs and definitely do not have to believe anything said; I'm sure your just telling it like it's been told to you. Keep well and we'll hopefully meet after this is all over. I need to talk to you about the Balken Basin, I gather you're an oil man and have some experience in this field. Have some interesting intel on the basin with possible oil production possibilities in our family. Thanks much and keep in touch.

Selkirk77..

• Downvote 1

I did know all this stuff about Iraq, or Mesapotamia ... (Iran was old Persia, by the way) ... but I think he is misquoting the Koran. That is why it is written in Arabic, and anyone who is a real Koran scholar must learn Arabic if they don't know it, and study it in the original, not in a translated version.

However, it was worth the read.

But ... the signoff ... NUFF SAID--PERIOD!!---SELAH ... what is that "Selah" business:

Is he trying to follow the "local" customs of Iraq and say "inshalla" which is how most say it but in reality it is "in sha allah", sort of the Arabic version of "God go with you."

Now I am really wondering if he has taken that step ... seems a lot too ... what would be the right word here ... accepting? ... maybe just "nice" would do.

Anyway, Brisco, thanks for the post ... enjoyed this one for a change. Really was entertaining!

:)

smee2

Reading further comments, and following their links, seems Okie is still just being Okie. Has no "intel" he can foist on us so he uses an entire hoax email from several years ago and calls it his own. More plagiarism here. Not checking his information, like not checking his "intel"".

Oh, Okie, when will you learn? ... Never, I suspect.

I have gone from despising you, to pitying you.

I wonder now how much of what you have been spewing has not even been your own words.

Shameful, really shameful.

:(

smee2

Very nice for a change Okie. Well done, nice info. Wait a minute. Did anyone else notice Okie didn’t say R/V on Monday?

Every week in the past, for as long as I can remember, Okie has predicted an R/V on Monday and it didn’t happen. This time he doesn’t predict an R/V on Monday and, could it be possibly..............You be the judge.

RV there yet? RV there yet?

Although much of what was shared by OKIE regarding biblical history is correct, he made a mistake with the Koran chapter 9, verse 11 reference. If you check out snopes.com you will find that the referenced chapter and quote have nothing to do with America, and an eagle, but rather, with helping the poor. It was a good read though!

LIE!! No truth in that statement. I hate it when people mis-quote, abuse, mis-interpet, and mis-lead by using the Bible.

It is equally disgusting when someone mis-quotes from the writings of other religions to make their and themselves look good.

While part of what is written above is truth...... the very fact that he would lie, mis-quote in the last portion.... nullifies the whole piece in my view.

IF you read the bible and the koran you might get a good education on religion. Lay off the ganja and before POST READ!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

even more interesting is that the following was posted on our forum days ago and I happened to copy it to a notepad because I thought it so interesting. I am sorry now that I can not recall who the original poster was but it sure wasn't our friend okie:

I BELIEVE GOD HAS AN INTEREST IN IRAQ!

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq .

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq ...

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq .

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ...

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq ..

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq .

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq ...

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel ..

10. Amos cried out in Iraq ..

11 Babylon , which is in Iraq , destroyed Jerusalem ..

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq .

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq.

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq .

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq .

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq .

17. The wise men were from Iraq ...

18. Peter preached in Iraq .

19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon --which was a city in Iraq.

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second?

It is Iraq !

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia ... The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers ..

The name Iraq means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated

with it than Iraq .

THIS EVENT MAY BE GOD TRANSFERRING THE WEALTH OF THE WICKED TO HIS RIGHTEOUS AS SPOKEN IN THE BIBLE!

WOW...I can't believe you got neg'd so bad for this....it is one of the MOST HONEST things I have seen written on here .....

My guess is people mis-read what you were actually trying to say, and as usual, came out like a swarm of angry bees to neg your post :lol:

I am sure that is what happened. I was only pointing out the obvious errors of his post. And when we mix truth with half-truth and out right lies, it makes it difficult for people to appreciate the truth you are trying to get across;. Okie, gave some factual information , but the lies outweighed or covered over the truths.

as to the negatives, I'll survive.

even more interesting is that the following was posted on our forum days ago and I happened to copy it to a notepad because I thought it so interesting. I am sorry now that I can not recall who the original poster was but it sure wasn't our friend okie:

I BELIEVE GOD HAS AN INTEREST IN IRAQ!

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq .

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq ...

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq .

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ...

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq ..

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq .

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq ...

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel ..

10. Amos cried out in Iraq ..

11 Babylon , which is in Iraq , destroyed Jerusalem ..

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq .

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq.

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq .

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq .

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq .

17. The wise men were from Iraq ...

18. Peter preached in Iraq .

19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon --which was a city in Iraq.

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second?

It is Iraq !

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia ... The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers ..

The name Iraq means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated

with it than Iraq .

THIS EVENT MAY BE GOD TRANSFERRING THE WEALTH OF THE WICKED TO HIS RIGHTEOUS AS SPOKEN IN THE BIBLE!

At least this post didn't add the 'lie' that Oakie posted on his.

I agree this post is presenting biblical information.

• Upvote 1

WOW...I can't believe you got neg'd so bad for this....it is one of the MOST HONEST things I have seen written on here .....

My guess is the religious nuts mis-read what you were actually trying to say, and as usual, came out like a swarm of angry bees to neg your post :lol:

No kidding!!! He clearly underlined the part of the quote that he was referring to. The Koran does not say that ANYWHERE! That has been shot down like 4 times in this post already but for some reason he got blasted with negs. People did not even take the time to read what he was saying. It is a shame.

• Upvote 2

My guess is the religious nuts mis-read what you were actually trying to say, and as usual, came out like a swarm of angry bees to neg your post :lol:

A Fanatic is just that.... A Fanatic/Extremist.... There's no difference and it doesn't matter if she/he's a Jewish Fanatic, an Arab Fanatic or a Christian Fanatic. Their Fanatism/Extremism takes away totally whatever good their Religion might hold........

• Upvote 1

The Bible stuf is mostly correct. The Koran passage is completely false, this comes up about the Koran every few months but it has never been true. the actual passage for 9-11 is below.

"•But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand."

just FYI

• Upvote 1

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] SINCE I HAVE BEEN NEUTERED FROM PASSING ON IMPORTANT INTEL

unsure.gifWhat The hell?

As of May 1st 2011 at 13:09 pm.excl.gif I have yet to see ANY INTEL that was either correct or even close to being in SAME dam zip code.tip_hat.gif

The only part that needs neutered is your Mouth.th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Nuff said.........emot-wave.gif