Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's MOP Suggested Rate of Dinar..$1.13...w/Notes....

Sweet Spot rate!?!? -- I would think so....

Lets look at the positives for this.

Who here would NOT cash out at $1.13? -- No matter the rate, there will obviously be a few people who sit & wait in hopes for more over time... But $1.13, I think people rush to the banks to cash-in.

Above the value of a $dollar$ - people within the country will move away from using the USD. The IQD would have more purchase power over the USD. Therefore, the IQD would be preferred over the USD (Theoretically).

High enough to get speculators to cash-in, low enough to get those who wish to purchase on the live markets an attempt to buy it up.

Many reports say they believe 2011 will have a large boom in economic growth.

• Upvote 1

I went to the link, but didn't find the article although several articles were mentioned on the page. It seemed to just go to the Ministry home page. Do you have a more specific link or the name of the article? I got into the dinar about two years ago and don't recall this one and would like to read it.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Iraq's MOP Suggested Rate of Dinar..$1.13...w/Notes....

The IMF had a document/article depicting that the dinar needed to come out at between $1.17 to $1.22...Above the US Dollar and below the Euro and British Pound; this IMF info. was put out appx. 2 years ago.

So, what does all of this mean...IMO/In My Opinion....For appx. 2 years+/- now...the feasibility studies of the IMF and MOP/Iraq's Ministry of Planning....have actually put on paper,

Even if the dinar were to come in at the rumored .04 cents that some have mentioned, or the .86 cents, or the 1.17...or whatever?...It will most likely rise quickly...Could/Would they do this to sweep in all the notes from speculators while the rate was low, and/or put a time limit on turning these notes in, so as to keep speculators from reaping the largest gains?

No one actually knows, but from all logical evaluations, it would seem that it would have to come out at over 1.00, and even at 1.00, it is said that with Iraq having that type rise in their currency, could literally destroy them, as the whales/rich...would buy everything at 1.00 like we bought in at a 12th of a penny...due to the rise that those that did'nt invest prior, would actually now see...and start to participate in....why would they not, especially after seeing a gain from a 12th of a cent to a dollar, while several countries next door to Iraq, already have currency with rates in the 2 to 3 dollar range...while all the commerce and growth boom is happening "only" in Iraq! ....Again, IMO...It will get interesting...and we will see.....

Iraq's Ministry of Planning Suggested Rate of The New Iraqi Dinar @ $1.13 per Dinar/IQD.

http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?...pid=295&lng=en

I love the responses you've received so far. I think the generic link to the MOP homepage was a nice touch. It lends some credibility to the existence of the "document" you cited but failed to provide a link to. I'll call BS and say that I doubt you could actually produce it. The rest of your post just repeats the kind of unsubstantiated babble that is found only in forums.

Care to provide a real link to that document?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

I would take $1.13, 1.17, 1.22 heck even .86 and run with it but I just don't see anyone in the Iraqi government showing their true cards when it comes to the RV. I really don't think that any rate we've heard being thrown around is a rate that they'll actually end up with. My opinion only so don't be too hard on me here. :twocents:

I know this is not going to be a popular statement, but don't read too much into that document... There is no date on it to determine when it was done, and the official exchange rate that it states has not existed in over 7 years. For that document to be useful we would need to know when it was completed so that we could see what their monetary system looked like at the time to try and make a comparison to today.

I know this is not going to be a popular statement, but don't read too much into that document... There is no date on it to determine when it was done, and the official exchange rate that it states has not existed in over 7 years. For that document to be useful we would need to know when it was completed so that we could see what their monetary system looked like at the time to try and make a comparison to today.

I don't agree.

Iraq didn't get the .iq domain until 2005 so I suspect it doesn't date any earlier than 2005, <6 years, and that would put it under the curreny monetary policy.

See below, from studying the CBI website this was discovered by 1shoe on another forum.

In December 2004, Prime Minister Allawi sent ICANN a letter designating the appropriate party representing Iraq and requesting that ICANN begin the process of redelegating the domain (.IQ) to the National Communications and Media Commission of Iraq.

On 23 June 2005 IANA received a template requesting redelegation of the .IQ ccTLD to the National Communications and Media Commission (NCMC) of Iraq.

Conclusion

The structure proposed by NCMC and endorsed by the Iraq Government is to have NCMC undertake management of the .IQ ccTLD under appropriate oversight of the Iraq Government concerning the national policy interests. NCMC and the Iraq Government also acknowledge and support ICANN's responsibility for coordinating management of the DNS, including the .IQ ccTLD, to safeguard global technical coordination interests. In reviewing the request, in light of The Iraq Government's endorsement of NCMC as the appropriate manager, the IANA concludes that the .IQ ccTLD should be redelegated to NCMC (National Communication and Media Commissions).

http://www.iana.org/reports/2005/iq-report-05aug2005.pdf

Edited by jupitergirl
  • Upvote 1

I don't agree.

Iraq didn't get the .iq domain until 2005 so I suspect it doesn't date any earlier than 2005, <6 years, and that would put it under the curreny monetary policy.

See below, from studying the CBI website this was discovered by 1shoe on another forum.

In December 2004, Prime Minister Allawi sent ICANN a letter designating the appropriate party representing Iraq and requesting that ICANN begin the process of redelegating the domain (.IQ) to the National Communications and Media Commission of Iraq.

On 23 June 2005 IANA received a template requesting redelegation of the .IQ ccTLD to the National Communications and Media Commission (NCMC) of Iraq.

Conclusion

The structure proposed by NCMC and endorsed by the Iraq Government is to have NCMC undertake management of the .IQ ccTLD under appropriate oversight of the Iraq Government concerning the national policy interests. NCMC and the Iraq Government also acknowledge and support ICANN's responsibility for coordinating management of the DNS, including the .IQ ccTLD, to safeguard global technical coordination interests. In reviewing the request, in light of The Iraq Government's endorsement of NCMC as the appropriate manager, the IANA concludes that the .IQ ccTLD should be redelegated to NCMC (National Communication and Media Commissions).

http://www.iana.org/reports/2005/iq-report-05aug2005.pdf

When they acquired the internet domain is irrelevant to determining when the study was done or the document created. Moving items from one domain to another happens all the time and only requires updating of the links.

We really do not need any reality at this point. Everything sucks. Can't we just let a positive post go so that we can live in our uplifted delusional state for a little bit. There are no experts in this investment. Up is down. Words mean the opposite. Three months ago a LOP was ridiculed. Now, it is what is going to happen and why did we think otherwise. Then we have the liar Ali from Dinar Trade and his sidekick DD. Ali totally retracted on his position. He now says that he will not open new satellite offices unless there is a straight RV of $0.10 or more and did we think we would make a bundle of money on this?. Certainly a lie by omission. So, anything said - positive/negative are "statements uttered by fools, signifying nothing". There are no experts - there is no reality - any opinion is only that.

Here is a link to the MOP page showing the rate 1.13.......this is my first post...sorry if i do it wrong..

http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&pid=295&lng=en

Thanks for the help Menholt. Now that I see that I do remember it. Back in the day, I always wondered why people didn't make a bigger deal of it than they did. I even saw MOP change the rate once.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help Menholt. Now that I see that I do remember it. Back in the day, I always wondered why people didn't make a bigger deal of it than they did. I even saw MOP change the rate once.

Way before my time in being invested. Which means I was not around to read-into it.

But, in the earlier days.. i bet more and more people probably believed a $3 RV-rate and though $1.xx was a low-ball #.

So in some aspects, it may have been disregarded.