Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's MOP Suggested Rate of Dinar..$1.13...w/Notes....

Great post 4a......I agree with you completely. If Iraq does not RV over $1, they will a short time after IMO. The reason I say that is because the CBI and GOI want the people of Iraq to use the dinar as there only currency. Currently the USD is preferred because of its buying power and the need to not have to use a wheelbarrow as a wallet. So, how do you get the PROUD people of Iraq to use their national currency??? Simple, make it worth more than a buck. Don't see how they could do it any other way.

Thanks for the post and I'm glad you reminded me that MOP is Minister of Planning. Lately I've been thinking it has meant Minister of Propaganda!!!

Have a great weekend all.

Peace

• Upvote 3

Great post 4a......I agree with you completely. If Iraq does not RV over $1, they will a short time after IMO. The reason I say that is because the CBI and GOI want the people of Iraq to use the dinar as there only currency. Currently the USD is preferred because of its buying power and the need to not have to use a wheelbarrow as a wallet. So, how do you get the PROUD people of Iraq to use their national currency??? Simple, make it worth more than a buck. Don't see how they could do it any other way.

Thanks for the post and I'm glad you reminded me that MOP is Minister of Planning. Lately I've been thinking it has meant Minister of Propaganda!!!

Have a great weekend all.

Peace

I have been basically thinking the same logic.

Another reason why if they were to re-denominate, they would have to adjust the exchange rate as well, because the US dollar would still be a preferred use of currency until the IQD holds more buying power. Most have been used to the IQD having more buying power than the USD pre-invasion.

I don't agree.

Iraq didn't get the .iq domain until 2005 so I suspect it doesn't date any earlier than 2005, <6 years, and that would put it under the curreny monetary policy.

And we all know that a new website is not allowed to post documents that existed before it went online?

I love the responses you've received so far. I think the generic link to the MOP homepage was a nice touch. It lends some credibility to the existence of the "document" you cited but failed to provide a link to. I'll call BS and say that I doubt you could actually produce it. The rest of your post just repeats the kind of unsubstantiated babble that is found only in forums.

Care to provide a real link to that document?

FROTO, HERE IS THE LINK IN CASE YOU MISSED IT.

http://www.mop.gov.i...&pid=295&lng=en

Edited by emmet