Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reputation Rating of -100 And You're Gone

THIS IS ALL WELL SAID ----BUT---THEY WILL JUST COME BACK ON UNDER A NEW NAME AND E-MAIL----WHICH HAS BEAN DONE BEFORE ----THEIR AR PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WITH DIFFERENT NAMES BUT ARE THE SAME PERSON

I agree but we need to start somewhere. I do not feel that doing nothing is an option. JMO.

Thank you for your post Hydrant. I appreciate it.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

AGREE!!!! I am have only been on this site for a short time and I can't believe the negativity and how rude people are! What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say a word"???

You must be new to the internet and forums this is one of the nicers forums I have seen actually.

• Upvote 2

I would like to post something and get a general concensus from my fellow members, mods and Adam. Lately on this site, negativity and flat out rudeness in delivery have been ruling the forums. I feel that it is getting to the point where people are less apt to share and be a part of a discussion because of the potential negative and obnoxious comments they may receive from a short list of disgruntled members who hide behind the guise of "simply being realistic". There are ways to get their points across without demeaning others and making them feel flat out stupid.

Anyone who has been on this site for a short time and enjoys the interaction between themselves and their fellow investors has most likely fallen victim to this rogue team of trashers.

I feel that there is no room in this investment for such immaturity and disrespect and would like to make a suggestion.

The reputation rating at the bottom right hand corner of each post is there for a reason. If you agree with what that person is saying, give them credit for their perspective by clicking on the green "+" button. If you don't have an opinion either way or are unsure, go to the next post, and if you feel the post is disrespectful to this site, its members and/or this investment you may click on the red "-" button.

In my opinion, and hopefully in the opinion of others, I feel that once a member reaches a certain negative rating, there should be consequesnces. If a member reaches a rating of -100 or even -50 i feel it is a clear indication that their reason for being here is to be disruptive and cause trouble and not to be a positive, helpful and informative part of this investment.

What could the consequesnces be? I've come up with two possible ideas. The first one being the most obvious and that would be to ban the member from the site.

The second would be to give the member a "Scarlett Letter" to identify them in the forums as someone who has a terrible reputation and should not be given any credit. This "Scarlett Letter" would be programmed to automatically appear in place of their avatar once their rating reaches the predetermined level. This would allow the members in the forum to easily identify the trouble makers and disregard their comments. It would also, hopefully act as a deterrent to those who may now think twice about how they respond to their fellow members.

I hope people read this and post their thoughts in regards to it. Adam and his team have put together a great product by designing this site and I'm tired of the group of folks who feel the need to treat it and it's members with much less respect then they desrve.

Thank you all for your time.

Peace

I could not agree more...there are to many running around tell people they don't have the brain's to understand or comprehend what is going on and they are all knowing. Please I for one would like to here all aspects of what people think on this investment, no matter how far fetched. What I don't like is people bringing old articles and presenting them as new...(something that a pumper would do).....respectfully with you all the way...... :)

• Upvote 4

There are a lot of people that just lurk and never get involved with the forum for the fear of getting bashed. And maybe it's not FOR everyone but it SHOULD be!

Now I realize that a lot of newbies come on here asking the same old questions because they haven't done the research and that it gets frustrating to the old timer's but remember you were ALL new once as well. I like your idea, thanks for being polite and +1 from me!

• Upvote 7

I would bet that if you went to Motley Fool or other investing forums there isn't this kind of negative behavior. Nor would it e tolerated. Some people here and same is true on other dinar sites that act like spoiled children rather than informed or seeking to be educated investors.

Express your thoughts as long as you are not rude, disrespectful and using fowl language or making personal attacks. Most people don't even know what the + and - are for. There is nothing wrong with have different of opinions. For VIP's they are paying for the use of this site. Does that mean Adam gives a refund? I don't think so! I understand why you are asking so people to include myself can get sharp at times. That's what mods are for. :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

tjmunson,

Thanks for your thoughts. While I agree with some of your thoughts I do not agree with all of them. I got negative ratings for reasons I do not understand. I've never bashed, been rude, disrepectful, or unkind to any member's post, I've actually been the opposite. So if a member gets minus signs, next to their name for postings because maybe they are not deemed "Helpful", then they should not be punished. If a member posts a negative experiance they had in reference to the Dinar, then that is a legitimate reason for a negative post and you should not be banned for that. Maybe members don't always understand the posting ratings system when they first start commenting on the forums. There's information being put out on the forums, that does give members some reasons to be negative, ex: all the time you end up sifting through the trash put out by the G.E.T Team. Just this morning there is a post from Ali at DT talking about the slow return on this investment. He and his team members wasn't talking like that when I first started reading the posts, as a matter fact, his posts were just the opposite. I'm sure he's telling the truth, now as he sees it, but his previous info posted out on the forums hasn't always been like today's info. So people start to wonder,why now? JMO

• Upvote 1

I agree that there is a problem and that it should be addressed in some manner. I have also noticed that some people on the site give negatives to others just because they don’t agree with them. That is not what they are for. There are many on here whose opinions differ from mine. I would never give them negatives just because I disagree with their view. I do however give negatives to those who are rude or obnoxious to other members. My point is that even though I agree with the problem, I am not sure I agree with the solution. It could, if we are not careful, turn into a situation where members are basically “voted off” the site just because they think outside the box. There is another option which might solve the problem without going to extremes. To the left of every post it shows the member’s avatar, status, and info such as group, number of posts, date joined, etc. Why not include the member’s reputation right there. Not only would it be an indicator to other members, but it would serve as a constant reminder to the individuals themselves to be more aware of their reputation. I gave you a plus 1 for addressing the problem and offering a solution.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 6

I agree that there is a problem and that it should be addressed in some manner. I have also noticed that some people on the site give negatives to others just because they don’t agree with them. That is not what they are for. There are many on here whose opinions differ from mine. I would never give them negatives just because I disagree with their view. I do however give negatives to those who are rude or obnoxious to other members. My point is that even though I agree with the problem, I am not sure I agree with the solution. It could, if we are not careful, turn into a situation where members are basically “voted off” the site just because they think outside the box. There is another option which might solve the problem without going to extremes. To the left of every post it shows the member’s avatar, status, and info such as group, number of posts, date joined, etc. Why not include the member’s reputation right there. Not only would it be an indicator to other members, but it would serve as a constant reminder to the individuals themselves to be more aware of their reputation. I gave you a plus 1 for addressing the problem and offering a solution.

Roadrunner

+1

Excellent post! Speaking for myself, I joined this site because I had been watching it for a very long time and thought it was informative, there were people who knew what they were talking about, intelligent people, etc. Then suddenly it turned into something very different, and quite frankly, something that left a bad taste in my mouth. The rudeness and the quickness with which people attacked one another was simply amazing. Therefore, this is my first post in a very long time, in fact, it's the first time I've actually signed on (although I have been keeping an eye on it). I'm in total agreement with you on this one!

• Upvote 1

Leave it to me to be the first MOD to pipe up here emot-LMAO.gif

We have a fairly small, albeit volunteer staff of mods on this site. We try to read each and every post ... but I'm sure you'll all see how that is nearly impossible. If you find a post that does NOT meet the guidelines of our forum you as a member may submit a "report" letting us know. This does NOT mean that we will always agree but it sure does alert us in most cases of the posts that are out of hand.We make every effort to deal with such posts.

There are those who have figured out how to change their IP ... also when an IP is banned that means everyone else who has that IP is also banned. Hope that helps!!

blessings,pvS

PVS, we do appreciate the mods here. I don’t believe that anyone here would accuse the staff of being remiss or negligent in their duties. For the most part all of you do outstanding jobs of keeping things in line. Sometimes we neglect using the tools you provide for us (the report button). I guess that for the most part, nobody wants to be the kid that runs home to tell “mommy” every time someone offends us. I for one would be interested in hearing your opinion on the solutions brought up or perhaps another more viable suggestion. Thanks for all you do.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4

tjmunson,

Thanks for your thoughts. While I agree with some of your thoughts I do not agree with all of them. I got negative ratings for reasons I do not understand. I've never bashed, been rude, disrepectful, or unkind to any member's post, I've actually been the opposite. So if a member gets minus signs, next to their name for postings because maybe they are not deemed "Helpful", then they should not be punished. If a member posts a negative experiance they had in reference to the Dinar, then that is a legitimate reason for a negative post and you should not be banned for that. Maybe members don't always understand the posting ratings system when they first start commenting on the forums. There's information being put out on the forums, that does give members some reasons to be negative, ex: all the time you end up sifting through the trash put out by the G.E.T Team. Just this morning there is a post from Ali at DT talking about the slow return on this investment. He and his team members wasn't talking like that when I first started reading the posts, as a matter fact, his posts were just the opposite. I'm sure he's telling the truth, now as he sees it, but his previous info posted out on the forums hasn't always been like today's info. So people start to wonder,why now? JMO

I agree completely with your statements that's why I threw out there that the limit may be as low as -100. Let's be honest here.....in order to get a -100, you've gotta be trying to be a problem to people. people will always get negatives here and there but it all evens out because sometimes you get positives for no apparent reason. If a person hits -100 there is a definite problematic trend that needs to be addresed by those in charge. JMO.

Thanks for your post Sheepdog.

• Upvote 2

I don't think that it would work. You would end up losing good people. I have seen Keep and drunken Irish get slammed with negatives just for having a opposite opinion. Even though that opinion was based on fact it was not what the masses wanted to hear. Then you have the trouble makers who give out negatives like candy at Halloween. And lets not forget the atheist who give them at the first religious statement. I agree something needs to be done but again I don't think this is a solution.

• Upvote 3

I wanted to thank TJ for bringing this up, Roadrunner for adding to the discussing, and pleasantvalleySunday (great Mod) for helping us understand how this presently works.

Building a community here is important. I hate the thought of someone being afraid to share information or offering support because of the actions of a few people.

I for one have not shared on certain topics because I simply don't want the bashing from "the select few who think they are sharing their version of the truth" when in actuality they are simply sharing their negative attitude and misery.

While I don't like the thought of banning someone - I do like TJ's idea of a scarlet letter until that person's reputation improves.

Also, not all the information, news, and experiences we share are going to please everyone. Just because we don't like what someone says doesn't mean we should be giving them a "minus" ( - ). The opposite is true of the green button (+).

Once again, Thanks for bringing this up and helping us to build a better on-line community.