Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Dinar will in fact RV

PrinceAbubu

"To me, this whole RV thing is looking more an more like a great big rumor. And I am frankly starting to feel realy stupid for believing in it for so long".

Have a little faith here, 15 months of this is nothing! I have been holding Dinar since 05 and still have most of my sanity! blink.gif

• Upvote 7

Your post was thought out and put into common sense perspective. Other posts should be written this way. And no, you should not get "dinged" for what you wrote, because of the way you wrote it. With that said. You had a question in there. I believe, and I do not have a link, but Shabbs himslef said that the dinar will in fact revalue in the very near future. I believe he said it twice in the last 5-6 months. Now, I don't know how long his "in the very near future" is, but I hope it is short.

As for your time invested, It really is not long. There a lot of people on this site that have been in it since 2004, like me. What you need to do is step away for a while and not think about it. Come back and read the news.

As for your input, I give you a +1 for the post.

• Upvote 5

I agree with your take. I have known since i joined this site that the so called "experts" are not experts of anything other than being a used car salesman or a time share tour guide. Sorry, but this site should be called The Iraq dinar entertainment". It is entertaining and I feel so bad for those that have paid money to any person for more entertainment. I bought approximately 7 years ago and have held for some time. I forgot about it until last year when the talking increased. Just keep your wallet closed and pray for an increase in this high risk investment. But don't pay anyone for any extra entertainment. Just a waste of your money.

Good luck to all regarding RV.

• Upvote 3

"To me, this whole RV thing is looking more an more like a great big rumor. And I am frankly starting to feel realy stupid for believing in it for so long".

Have a little faith here, 15 months of this is nothing! I have been holding Dinar since 05 and still have most of my sanity! blink.gif

Right.... 7 years here and waiting, still with some optimism ( trying, at least...)... And I know of Folks here who have been waiting longer than myself.........

Edited by umbertino

Ok, I heard a rumor. The rumor is that the dinar will actually RV at some point in the future. No, I'm not making a joke. Please don't ding me. I'm just trying to keep this real.

I have invested in the Dinar (modestly). I have been reading these message boards for months. I have owned Dinar for about 15 months. I get excited every time a new RV date is posted, or whenever somebody announces that as soon as 'whatever event' happens, the RV will be immediate. Well alot of those 'whatever events' have happened, and no RV yet.

Many say 'be patient', 'stick with it', 'it will be any day now'.. And yet here we all sit.. And wait.

I realized this morning as I was reading all the EXPERT opinions and speculation that I have never seen any quote by any real informed person that has any poll at all in Iraq that has said that there is even a plan to RV the Iraqi Dinar.

Don't slam or ding my points out of rage here. Ask yourself, have you ever seen any REAL quote other than somebody who says they know someone else that for sure knows what's going on 'But I can't tell you his name'..

Does anybody have a credible link to a quote from any credible official that is in Iraq that says that they plan to ever do an RV of the Iraqi Dinar ?

I personally hope that this RV happens. All indicators seem to lead to it, but I have yet to see anything that is concrete and not speculative.

There are tons of EXPERTS on these sites... Seems to me that if these are experts, then they must all be doctors because they're all just guessing at 'Symptoms' and guessing at the outcomes.

WIth all the the 'Intel' and overhead conversations and 'Boots on the ground', it is amazing that I have seen no actual evidence that anybody of any clout in Iraq has ever mentioned an RV at all. Many on this site have claimed that certain quotes imply an 'RV', but have any of you seen a quote where they really say 'RV' ??

To me, this whole RV thing is looking more an more like a great big rumor. And I am frankly starting to feel realy stupid for believing in it for so long.

PLEASE !!!!! Help me out here and give me some REAL PROOF that somebody with some clout in IRAQ has said something about an RV !!

Thanks.

PS: Again, please don't bash me. I'm just trying to get at the actual Truth, through all of the guessing and speculation.

I am sooo with you on this. But here's some food for thought. Do you really need somebody to TELL you that the RV will happen? If you think about it, do you believe that Iraq will be able to engage in world trade if their currency is worthless? Will they be able to pay contractors in dinar (effective April 1) if their currency is worth nothing? And there are other points to be made as well that I won't get into here.

The reason that everything IQD is speculative is because it's based on common sense and folks who, unlike me, understand how economies and currencies function. Based on that information, unless there is something still out there that nobody knows about, the Iraqis MUST revalue their currency if they are to survive and thrive.

NOW, even setting that aside, you might consider this. Iraq is building and reconstructing its infrastructure, its society, and preparing to re-enter the world of international trade, especially, of course, OIL. Even if they never officially "revalue" their currency, it is still bound to start increasing as Iraq becomes more prosperous.

All you need to see happen is a slight increase in the value of IQD, and you will have still made your money back. Maybe you won't become "rich," as, of course, most of us hope for, but considering what you originally purchased your dinar for, it won't take much to not only make your money back but profit handsomely.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it...and continue to hope for the best!!! :)

• Upvote 6

Some People have been invested in this since 2004 and they are not quitting... so you shuldn't either unless you want to sell me your dinar for 50% of what you paid for it :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the bible says baylon will rise n become a world financial leader . i dont see how its gonna be world financial leader if this rv doesnt happen. we all need patience . somethin i have not got lol GO RV ...........

You don't need an "RV." Even if the IQD goes up to ten cents over time, you will make a windfall profit!!! :) :) :)

• Upvote 2

*And that "the International Monetary Fund holds a vision for Iraq as completely isolated from the global system, which called him to ask the government to promote the value of the Iraqi dinar Iraq, compared with foreign currency and Arabic." It is hoped to discuss the Iraqi government ended its mandate over the next few days the budget in 2011 Finance Ministry confirmed earlier that it will take care of the implementation of service projects.

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of people feel the same way,I know I do.The risk-reward factor could be unbelievable. I wish I had the hindsight for others such as Coke , McDonalds, Microsoft ect... but I didn't. They were all a risky investment at their time. This is just how I look at it, An Investment with great potential.Nothing happens over night, especially when government & politics is involved. I don't have any "inside sources" , sorry Hope you can hang in there till this ride is over

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of people feel the same way,I know I do.The risk-reward factor could be unbelievable. I wish I had the hindsight for others such as Coke , McDonalds, Microsoft ect... but I didn't. They were all a risky investment at their time. This is just how I look at it, An Investment with great potential.Nothing happens over night, especially when government & politics is involved. I don't have any "inside sources" , sorry Hope you can hang in there till this ride is over

good observation ---Nike came on the market at 25 cents--now look

the price of dinar is rock bottom now--it can only go up :D

• Upvote 1

I am sooo with you on this. But here's some food for thought. Do you really need somebody to TELL you that the RV will happen? If you think about it, do you believe that Iraq will be able to engage in world trade if their currency is worthless? Will they be able to pay contractors in dinar (effective April 1) if their currency is worth nothing? And there are other points to be made as well that I won't get into here.

The reason that everything IQD is speculative is because it's based on common sense and folks who, unlike me, understand how economies and currencies function. Based on that information, unless there is something still out there that nobody knows about, the Iraqis MUST revalue their currency if they are to survive and thrive.

NOW, even setting that aside, you might consider this. Iraq is building and reconstructing its infrastructure, its society, and preparing to re-enter the world of international trade, especially, of course, OIL. Even if they never officially "revalue" their currency, it is still bound to start increasing as Iraq becomes more prosperous.

All you need to see happen is a slight increase in the value of IQD, and you will have still made your money back. Maybe you won't become "rich," as, of course, most of us hope for, but considering what you originally purchased your dinar for, it won't take much to not only make your money back but profit handsomely.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it...and continue to hope for the best!!! :)

Great Reply Foxy, that about sums it up the best it can be said. If they have lost faith, I'm sure there are willing buyers. As for me, there isn't any way I would turn loose of any. STAYING IN TILL THE END!

• Upvote 1

Good point Moose. Back in the early 90s I had an opportunity to invest in Sprint. It was called Global One at that time. I listened to all of the experts that said they were out of their league competing with the big boys, so I decided it was a bad investment. If I had invested then I probably wouldn’t be that concerned about an RV right now. My point is that we live and learn from our mistakes. My investment in the dinar is only a few thousand dollars and has been spread out over a period of time so it is relatively small when compared to the possible returns. I knew from the beginning that it was a risky investment, but I believed (and still do) that it was worth the gamble.

To Prince Abubu, Trust your gut. It is the best tool you have. If you feel like it is a good investment, stick it out no matter how long it takes. If you feel like it is not going to happen, sell your dinar and put your money into something you feel more comfortable with. I am not trying to be hard toward anyone. I am just offering what I consider to be common sense advice.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

He (Al- Shabibi) adds that “the Central Bank’s general monetary policy is not a long-range policy; rather, it is revised every six or three months in order to monitor where things are heading.” Well, now we don't have any reason to believe "this Thursday" and "next Sunday" prophecies anymore. Hey, isn't this Sunday the first one of the month and of the quarter? :blink: Thx for the link Chuckray.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so the original question was a request for a quote from an Iraqi with clout saying that they intend to RV.

I haven't seen that link yet in any of the posts. There was a link that said thay wanted to strengthen the Dinar, and make it worth more, but that doesn't translate to 'RV'.

Every US president in recent memory has wanted to 'Strengthen the dollar' But that doesn't mean RV the Dollar. It just means doing things to strengthen the economy, which would in turn strengthen the stability and increase the value of the Dollar.

I think that is what was meant by the quote in the link that has been posted on this topic.

So I still ask, Has anybody seen the word "Revalue" used by an Iraqi official with clout?

By the way, I'm not planning on selling the Dinar. A good point was made that it is at the bottom and can only go up. Even if it is just gradual and over a long period of time, it's a great investment, I just want something difinitive that says "Revalue"..

Thanks!

Good point Moose. Back in the early 90s I had an opportunity to invest in Sprint. It was called Global One at that time. I listened to all of the experts that said they were out of their league competing with the big boys, so I decided it was a bad investment. If I had invested then I probably wouldn’t be that concerned about an RV right now. My point is that we live and learn from our mistakes. My investment in the dinar is only a few thousand dollars and has been spread out over a period of time so it is relatively small when compared to the possible returns. I knew from the beginning that it was a risky investment, but I believed (and still do) that it was worth the gamble.

To Prince Abubu, Trust your gut. It is the best tool you have. If you feel like it is a good investment, stick it out no matter how long it takes. If you feel like it is not going to happen, sell your dinar and put your money into something you feel more comfortable with. I am not trying to be hard toward anyone. I am just offering what I consider to be common sense advice.

Excellent post !! Very well thought out !!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, so the original question was a request for a quote from an Iraqi with clout saying that they intend to RV.

I haven't seen that link yet in any of the posts. There was a link that said thay wanted to strengthen the Dinar, and make it worth more, but that doesn't translate to 'RV'.

Every US president in recent memory has wanted to 'Strengthen the dollar' But that doesn't mean RV the Dollar. It just means doing things to strengthen the economy, which would in turn strengthen the stability and increase the value of the Dollar.

I think that is what was meant by the quote in the link that has been posted on this topic.

So I still ask, Has anybody seen the word "Revalue" used by an Iraqi official with clout?

By the way, I'm not planning on selling the Dinar. A good point was made that it is at the bottom and can only go up. Even if it is just gradual and over a long period of time, it's a great investment, I just want something difinitive that says "Revalue"..

Thanks!

Excellent post !! Very well thought out !!

The Iraqi Dinar was devalued on purpose because of war. If the USD was devalued because China attacked our homeland do you think they would revalue the dollar to its pre-war level after we whipped their ass or leave it at an artificial low level? You know the answer.

• Upvote 1

Try to stay positive Prince. My take on this EXPERT thing is a person becomes well read on the subject . Begins to gather a small following and all of a sudden he`s a guru a EXPERT. Their reading the same material as you and I. Only diff they are gifted in telling the same story but in a way that it whats you want to hear. They dont know any more as to when this will be over then you and I. They are just better bull craper`s But you know in your heart of hearts (at least I do) that the Iraqie people are due for some economic relief. They demand it and rightfuly so. It`s going to happen Prince. YEP But you know what if it dont.

So what ? Money wont make you happy. If your miserable in life before your rich you will be just as miserable afterward. hmmmm well I guess there`s no harm in being miserably rich hahahahaha what the hell do I know im just a dog

PS pardon the spelling but I dont really give a crap

• Upvote 1