Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

a question for seasoned Dinar investors...

Mack0121

I have been in this investment for a little over six months. I did my research and decided that the Dinar was a good investment. Since then, I have read numerous rumors by so called experts and gurus that claim to have information about dates and rates that border on the preposterous. At first it was exciting, then confusing...then irritating...now I find them humorous. The only posts I take seriously are those from Adam, DOC31, and Scooter. Thank you for your efforts and hard work. Especially Adam. This forum is a labor of love and I sincerely feel that Adam cares about our investment and wants only the best for us.

With all the progress that seems to be happening...oil shipping...GOI pretty much formed...agreements and meeting with Kuwait...my question is this. As an experienced Dinar investor do you feel that we are coming to the end of the road? Does the current climate tell you positive things? Or is it a case of same stuff different day?

Thank you for your replies and GO RV!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

Well, I can't say that I'm a seasoned Dinar investor, but I did stay at a holiday inn once.. :P

For my :twocents: , the RV will depend on stablity. One could argue that if it RVs, it will bring much needed wealth and thus stability. While others seem to believe that it will take more stabilty before it does RV (I'm in that camp).

So, with that said, do you think that part of the world has become more or less stable in the past month?

We are approaching the proverbial "tipping point", me thinks. It is going to get very interesting...will he have a 1989 type revolution with little or no bloodshed or are we looking at various civil wars and chaos? Dealers choice...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mack0121,

I have on this site for over a year and in this "investment" for over 4 years. Since then, it has always been soon this and next Thurs - Sun that. If you stay clear of every weekend rumor, you can focus on reading news links and take the rumors for what they are: rumors. I personally do not think this year is in the cards ( govt and stability issues), but, hopefully with God's graces, sometime in my life. I do enjoy "lurking" in chat and reading the rumor section, but, as in the disclosure, for entertainment purposes only.

Don't quit your day job over something you heard, don't spend more than you can lose, and to keep people looking strange at you, don't talk Dinar to non - Dinarians!! :)

• Upvote 2

Good point Tiffiny, what concerns me presently is the US 5th fleet setting off the coast of Libya. My thoughts and Prayers are that we do NOT get involved first over there, enforcing a no fly zone would require us to bomb their military installations and take out their communications centers. I think we need to WAIT until the UN or another country goes in first then asks for our help we do not need the negative publicity in the middle east. The entire region seems to be unstable at this point one can only hope the Saudis and Bahrain and supporting countries take this show on and clean their back yards out without us.

• Upvote 1

BangG...Thank you!

Would you agree that it probably unlike the US would go into Libya anytime soon? Even if a full fledge civil war breaks out, it seems doubtful the US would go in prior to International support came about.

I was wondering if anyone else thought it was a bit odd...that we are now seeing what both the Bush Administration and Al-Qaeda wanted...that is a breakdown in the Middle East Monarchies/Dictatorships...although I believe AlQaeda was focusing more on the Saudi's royal family. While Bush wanted to put a democracy smack in the middle in hope it would have a domino effect. The problem is that these revolutionaires may think that milk and honey will immediately be available after you throw the bum out...not realizing it may take decades before the rule of law takes over.

As the Chinese proverb says...may you live in interesting times.

• Upvote 1

Tif... Remember that the people had protests in Lebanon and Iran too asking for their voices to be heard. Because their parties were not strong enough or organized enough they ended up with Hezbollah and the freaking Ayatollah's. So some uncertainty definitely exists.

It is always worth a shot though when the people make their voice heard. I seriously love your take on things because it often mimics my own. When Bush did his thing and caught so much grief I defended the action even though I wasn't really a "W" fan. While people were looking at Saddam, oil, and WMD's I was looking at the domino effect as you mentioned as the real motivation. It was more of an attack on Iran and Syria really than it was Iraq if you think about it. To put a democracy smack dab in the middle of one of the most unconscious places on the planet would be remarkable. It aids and rewards ancillary peace fostering countries like Jordan, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE, Turkey, Qatar, etc and puts pressure on the bullies. We are seeing that remarkable voice being felt now and the cup is overflowing the Egyptian Border into the rest of the Middle East.

I love your angle that it is was the goal of both Bush and Al-Qaeda. I hadn't really thought of that but its true. You are wise beyond your years. Let's hope there is the awakening over there we all hope for.

• Upvote 1

Tiffany I see no other options on the table for the US as far as a role in Libya goes. IT HAS TO BE INTERNATIONAL first then US if asked to support the operation. secretary Gates made this VERY clear to the senate TWICE and he said if we commit to this it will be a messy job for us throughout the Middle East. I hope to God they take his advice and follow it as he is a very intelligent man. But then again maybe their is an intimidation factor in all this with the ENTIRE 5th fleet offshore in their backyard. I know the Dutch sent in their Marines to extract some folks and they themselves became prisoners. So not sure who is going to back down first in this deadly game of CHICKEN. Time will tell. JMO.

• Upvote 1

Well, whenever the RV happens, it is for sure that each day that passes gets us that much closer.

But in the time I have been following this I have had about three really close calls, times when I got so excited I had to check and make sure I had taken my heart medication. I really thought each time that this was it.

And one of those times was a few weeks ago.

But, I have changed my thoughts recently. I guess it is the continuous hoping and being told, and thinking on my own, that it is right around the corner, like next week or weekend. I am so totally discouraged at this point that I follow the forum and try to be enthused but really, I don't think it will happen any time soon. I even have thoughts that it won't RV so much as it will just start to make a move upwards and keep going slowly until some day it reaches a dollar and it will time to cash in. ... Perhaps I am just tired, no sleep for three days and nights now. I am not usually this disenchanted by the dinar. But I am so disgusted with the lack of initiative and stalling and time wasting in the government that it is just hard to handle right now.

Oh well, I'll keep reading and I am sure before long some one, or some ones, will start posting things that bring my attitutde back up to where it should be. That is the good thing about being here ... there is always someone somewhere to throw a little commons sense and hope into the bucket.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

Tiffany,

You continue to impress me with your line of thinking young lady!!!!! Don't ever change that! It is odd how the "CONTROLLED CHAOS" occurred and it's timing throughout Northern Africa and the Middle East. I don't know if I prescribe to this line of thinking, but there are many that argue that our own CIA fueled much of the unrest to expedite democracy and freedom to the breeding ground of terror. The early War Planning documents from RAND Corp. showed different applications of this tactic for Iran. It's odd how this has potentially culminated into the entire region. Imagine, the exponential impact of Iraq's RV and successes to the rest of the region already demanding a democratic society.

One last thing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CHAOS CREATES OPPORTUNITIES"

"HE WHO CONTROLS THE CHAOS, CONTROLS THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!"

THIS IS TAUGHT IN MANY ADVANCED SALES AND MARKETING CLASSES (HUTHWAITE, SANDLER, CARNEGIE, ETC..) THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY AND THE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN USING IT FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevertheless, well done kid!!!! Keep up the good work.

Scooter

BangG...Thank you!

Would you agree that it probably unlike the US would go into Libya anytime soon? Even if a full fledge civil war breaks out, it seems doubtful the US would go in prior to International support came about.

I was wondering if anyone else thought it was a bit odd...that we are now seeing what both the Bush Administration and Al-Qaeda wanted...that is a breakdown in the Middle East Monarchies/Dictatorships...although I believe AlQaeda was focusing more on the Saudi's royal family. While Bush wanted to put a democracy smack in the middle in hope it would have a domino effect. The problem is that these revolutionaires may think that milk and honey will immediately be available after you throw the bum out...not realizing it may take decades before the rule of law takes over.

As the Chinese proverb says...may you live in interesting times.

I for one would like to see an RV just like everyone. However, being a practicle and realistic person I did my research and came up to the following conclusions.

I purchased 7 million Dinar in early 2009 knowing full well there would be no RV soon. I pegged an RV in later 2012 to early 2013. The reasons being, is by compare Iraq with Kawait. Everyone else comparing the path of the Iraqi Dinar to the Kawaitti Dinar Using the theory that their Dnar RV'd up to the $3.00 range after the first Gulf War in 91. If you look at the differences between Iraq now and Kawait then you will realize the differences are vast, with the exception of a few notable differences.

Given what I have just said above. I predicted the IQD should not RV until 2014-2015, however, For my reasoning to purchase my Dinar 7 million I pegged a more real timframe of an RV of between mid 2012 to mid 2013.

However, because of the current rift in the middle eastern countries and small uprisings in Iraq, I feel that there could be a 50 50 chance of an RV between now and June. I don't make these prediction for the benifit of everyone else. I would just get laughed at by some of those gurus who are way out in left field or pumping for their own reasons. In the end an RV will happen when it happens. Just hang in there andstay positive.

DF

• Upvote 1

I am very honored and humble that such intellectual giants (Drox and Scooter), a man of great integrity (BangG) and people of great intuition (Smee and rsskelton) should weigh in on the same subject as I. You are all DV demi-gods that I look up to and very much enjoy reading and learning from your posts. To be honest, I seldom post in this area of the site as I feel I'm the 98 lbs weaking in the land of the Titans.

But at the same time, I must confess that it brings me great joy to know every once in a while I can hang with the Big Dogs and not be a puppy on the porch! :)

Like Smee, I have had a couple of times that I've thought we were THISCLOSE to the RV happening but obviously each time nothing happened. I do think we are closer now than ever but how close is the million dinar question.

A part of me thinks that we are very close because I can't wrap my head around the situation Iraq seems to find itself in. Iraq is in a tough and precarious spot with the demonstrators calling for services to improve their quality of life. Iraq needs to give these services to the people asap to prevent the demonstrators from bringing down the current elected officials and throwing Iraq into massive disarray.

In order to pay foreign companies for all of these services, Iraq has to pay in either USD or IQD. If they pay in IQD without an RV they will be giving away their country to these companies. If they pay in USD they will be taking from the money they have in reserves which will weaken the value of the IQD when it does RV. Given how prideful they are as a people, I don't think they will want to do anything that will force them to come out with a lower RV number.

If they RV, they will be able to pay off the companies that they need to come into Iraq to reconstruct the country in IQD while at the same time keeping the USD that they have in reserves which will in turn help boost the value of the IQD. IF that's the case then the RV needs to happen soon.

Also, don't forget about inflation. Shabibi does not want inflation and has worked for years to stabilize it but last month it rose quite a bit. Shabibi doesn't want his efforts of the past years to go down the drain. The RV needs to happen when there is economic stability in Iraq which it's in now but there is no guarantee it will be in the future if inflation gets out of control.

Part of me thinks that. The other part thinks "This is Iraq." What seems to be logical never seems to happen there.

• Upvote 1

Trimark,

It's good to have you back my friend!!!! I'll have to thank LGraham for that...... Heck, just to read Drox again was refreshing ---- it's like a family reunion.....

ha ha -- great post!

Scooter

Like Smee, I have had a couple of times that I've thought we were THISCLOSE to the RV happening but obviously each time nothing happened. I do think we are closer now than ever but how close is the million dinar question.

A part of me thinks that we are very close because I can't wrap my head around the situation Iraq seems to find itself in. Iraq is in a tough and precarious spot with the demonstrators calling for services to improve their quality of life. Iraq needs to give these services to the people asap to prevent the demonstrators from bringing down the current elected officials and throwing Iraq into massive disarray.

In order to pay foreign companies for all of these services, Iraq has to pay in either USD or IQD. If they pay in IQD without an RV they will be giving away their country to these companies. If they pay in USD they will be taking from the money they have in reserves which will weaken the value of the IQD when it does RV. Given how prideful they are as a people, I don't think they will want to do anything that will force them to come out with a lower RV number.

If they RV, they will be able to pay off the companies that they need to come into Iraq to reconstruct the country in IQD while at the same time keeping the USD that they have in reserves which will in turn help boost the value of the IQD. IF that's the case then the RV needs to happen soon.

Also, don't forget about inflation. Shabibi does not want inflation and has worked for years to stabilize it but last month it rose quite a bit. Shabibi doesn't want his efforts of the past years to go down the drain. The RV needs to happen when there is economic stability in Iraq which it's in now but there is no guarantee it will be in the future if inflation gets out of control.

Part of me thinks that. The other part thinks "This is Iraq." What seems to be logical never seems to happen there.