Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL

Qman

Believe me.......it's EXACTLY the same here in the UK and not just with the illegals. Our benefit system has allowed people on benefits to be far better off than those that work. We have the legacy of Blair and Brown to thank for that. This week our Prime Minister has revamped the whole system and the headlines are saying IT WILL PAY TO WORK. It's about time but whether the jobs are there remains to be seen. I for one am sick to the back teeth of paying all my dues and ending up worse off than those who don't. And for the record, when they get this RV done I WILL pay my taxes (18% capital gains) and happily go off and enjoy it.

Believe me.......it's EXACTLY the same here in the UK and not just with the illegals. Our benefit system has allowed people on benefits to be far better off than those that work. We have the legacy of Blair and Brown to thank for that. This week our Prime Minister has revamped the whole system and the headlines are saying IT WILL PAY TO WORK. It's about time but whether the jobs are there remains to be seen. I for one am sick to the back teeth of paying all my dues and ending up worse off than those who don't. And for the record, when they get this RV done I WILL pay my taxes (18% capital gains) and happily go off and enjoy it.

Not to mention you guys have a royal family to support.

Land mines and snipers on the border would

solve the problem REAL FAST.

It moves, it dies.

Any questions...?

Mr. Parrot...too funny...were you in the military?....however...I do agree about the borders...God bless...

Thank you Q...I have read this one before and still agree that this picture is wrong....thanks to our liberal gov....God Bless...

I've never heard a more rational example or argument as to why illegals are are no good for the states. This was absolutely perfect. Qman, I've copied your post and will be emailing it to several friends of mine. You've simplified this so that the dullest of intellects can understand. Great work man! I'm by no means a man of prejudice. I'm first generation American myself. I just firmly believe, that if you choose to live in another country country that you deem better or more opportunistic than yours, YOU ARE UNDER THE OBLIGATION TO ADHERE TO THAT COUNTRy'S LAWS AND REGULATIONS. It seems these days, everyone expects the exact opposite of this. The country should bend over for thier illegaly manifested "rights" and "wants". It's very simple. If you choose to bring your life here, take the steps to become a citizen, begin to learn the language so that you may better communicate and adapt, and try and find a job that is recognized by the IRS. If these measures were even attempted by most of the illegals, our country would save billions on government subsidies and programs for these people that contribute nothing and become more productive not to mention that tax revenues generated. Everyone pitches in. Thats what this boils down too. Nothing more. It's funny how the world knocks the U.S., yet everyone in the world is still beating down her doors to get in. Something to think about.

Cheers!

Qman I'm Italian so I don't know much about US Immigration Laws...... So I'll ask...... Don't Illegal Aliens get deported if they don't regularize themselves after a certain amount of time?

And also..... Do they have a time window, if, after having entered the Country illegally, they want to become legal? Thanks in advance for your kind reply. I'd like to learn more about it ( not planning on entering illegally.... word)... Just genuine will to understand more.

Edited by umbertino

One point to add about the Welfare State ...

Many years ago, young and single and struggling just out of university, I found myself in a position of requiring government hand out funds. It feels shameful to admit, but it was that or starve. Anyway, when you say that people on assistance are better off, and living the high life, you are missing some of it.

If a FAMILY is living on assistance, at least here in Canada and I presume it is the same in America, the amount of money is geared to the number of persons needing shelter and food and clothing. So, keep having those babies!

But a single person, that is a different story. For the short time I was collecting assistance, I was partially disabled in a way that prevented me from working a full time job and I eventually caved in to the assistance program. I just had to. But it was no picnic. I got enough to cover the cheapest rent and most singles had to live with someone to share rent. I was fortunate to be able to rent a basement in a relative's home for the amount the government deemed appropriate, which was about half of what any other cheap apartment would be. I ate frugally, learning all sorts of things one can do with Kraft Dinner. I could not afford to drive, and my disability at the time did not allow me to board a bus, so I begged rides and used taxi's if I really had to. I did not spend money on alcohol, or tobacco, or drugs. I did not go out to movies or other entertainment. I did not even have the means to have television, either cable or satellite. No TV. What I did have was a public library, and a friend who would drive me there every third week to return and pick up more books. We would do my groceries the same day and if I had doctor appointments we tried to make them the same day. I was expected to live on an amount of money that was below the poverty line by about fifteen percent of poverty scale.

So, not ALL people collecting assistance are riding high. It is the families, especially when you have cultures who will pack fifteen people into a two bedroom apartment or house, and feel they are just fine with that, who seem to be prospering.

For myself, fortunately, the problem that caused the disability was solved, and I was able to start my career and it was not until I retired, partly because of an unfixable disability this time, that I stopped working. So I have been supporting those on the dole all my working life. I believe we need something for some people, but not just because they chose not to be part of the over the table system and chose to work under the table and avoid the responsibilities of paying for what we all get to benefit from. They should be paying their way. But kids in these families grow up thinking thay are intitled to the same "pay" as their parents got.

Very sad.

smee2

I am angry at the people that are breaking the law by allowing this to happen in the first place...........the employers that pay under the table or do not e-verify. Those are the people that make this happen. They then don't have to pay the appropriate taxes and other fees for these workers. Again, it's not that simple.

• Upvote 1

Yup we Canadians are suckers when it comes to illigals. Our COPS up here are crazy - when they ask me and a friend- have you done anything illigal we stated we were born here. it was a joke so we had to xplain. He asked - do we know what illigals are - we told him yes and said that it was illigal to turn a corner without our light blinking - things like that. He let us go- If i was a Mexiwont-(mexi-can) thats the way i would talk up here. also our Volunteer Fire Dept has brought in 2 Columbian brothers to be with the dept. Their names are Hoesa and the other is Hoes-b-------- Blessings all-Vern ;)

Edited by vern