Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament postpones first budget reading until Thursday

k98nights

Parliament postpones first budget reading until Thursday

Tuesday, January 11th 2011 4:44 PM

Baghdad, Jan. 11 (AKnews) - An MP in Kurdistan Blocs Coalition (KBC) stated on Tuesday that the Iraqi Parliament has again postponed the first reading of the draft budget for 2011 until next Thursday.

MP Shuan Mohammed Taha told AKnews that the postponement was mainly due to technical difficulties concerning the printing of the draft.

At the end of December, the bill was returned to the government for modifications before being passed to the Iraqi parliament for its first reading this month.

Parliament Speaker Osama Nujaifi decided to consider the first reading of the budget in December as void because at that time, the Finance Committee had not been formed.

The Kurds also objected to the draft budget because it did not clearly contain

provisions for the budgets of the Kurdish forces known as Peshmarga, and the

regional government was not satisfied with its allocated provisions.

Peshmarga, or the Kurdistan Regional Guards, are recognized in the Iraqi

constitution as regular forces. The dispute over the Peshmarga forces is who

would pay them, the Iraqi government of the regional government?

The Kurds insist that the Peshmarga forces, being regular Iraqi forces, have

to be paid by the Iraqi government, Baghdad in turn want them be paid by the

Kurdish region from their 17 percent in the Iraqi budget.

Another issue is that the Iraqi government has included in the budget a

provision binding the KRG to export 150,000 bpd or it would be cut from the

17 percent of the region's budget share accordingly.

KBC MPs boycotted a parliament session on Nov. 18 protesting the budget bill

that commits the region to the 150,000 bpd export.

Baghdad says based on such an agreement it is would pay financial dues of

the oil companies operating in Kurdistan.

The Iraqi government's binding condition stems from, according to Iraqi

officials, a statement last month by the KRG Minister of Natural Resource

Ashti Hawarmi who said Kurdistan could export 200,000 bdp.

Reported by Yazn al-Shemmari

Rn/Ry/Ka/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/209616/

• Upvote 3

Sounds like they want to wait until ALL their ducks are in a row.......don't hold your breath for RV this week. Look past the smoke and mirrors, no RV until they accept remaining cabinet spots and budget is officially read 3 times and accepted also :P

Relax....it will happen soon.....but not today :wave:

• Upvote 3

k98nights

Thank you for the intel. The link that your resource is of tv or a newspaper in Iraq? Is there a link to other resources out there that you can provide so we can do our own homework?

I have been looking for the official iraqi gazette because I have read that what is written in there 3 days after it becomes law. Is that true? Do you know if there is a website for this and what is it?

I have always wanted to be in a position to invest like this and I am a guy that loved to do his own research too. Can you provide me with some basic resources so I can get started. Right now I am learning FOREX Trader PRO, but feel the need to have some strong resources of intel so I can understand how to do everything here.

I love to have all my ducks in a row and very detail oriented and love to have a great system in place of my own.

Hope you can help.

THANKS Woody!! THIS IS PROMISING THAT THEY HAVE HASHED OUT THE DETAILES WITH THE 17% KURDS, ETC.

THEY HAVE TO GET THIS DONE CORRECTLY, SO I AM HAPPY THEY ARE READY TO READ IT AGAIN..... VERY HAPPY! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

No need to rush things on our account, THEY HAVE MANY NEW POSITIONS that have to be allocated into the budget and THE KURDS CAN NOT GET SCREWED OVER AGAIN!!! PERIOD!

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!

• Upvote 1

The pessimist side of me says.. "Even after the Budget is read 3 times, approved, and put into the gazette, it won't mean that a RV is imminent."

Question is, does Iraq have the sources, or capability to force an RV prior to the budget being approved?

Once again, more delays. So much for the pd CC last Thursday. What a joke, an EX-Senator saying the IMF will step in and will be done this weekend! Yeah, right. Seems to me we have all been living in lala land.

I know, huh? I want that 40 minutes of my life back!

Once again, more delays. So much for the pd CC last Thursday. What a joke, an EX-Senator saying the IMF will step in and will be done this weekend! Yeah, right. Seems to me we have all been living in lala land.

INDEED! They Have to get it right this time (GOI/BUDGET/new committees to keep them as legit as they can, LOL)....

REMEMBER they had such a currupt govt. last year many with zero eduaction and didnt get anything done, NOTHING....

They are literally changing their constitution and need to get this done properly, ESPECIALLY the Budget (with all the changes, 3 VPs, new commitees, ETC).... SO THERE WILL BE MANY DELAYS,,, INDEED.....

THIS IS NOT OUR GAME... RATHER US betting on it and WATCHING it on TV! IT Will get done someday.... just dont believe anyone!

• Upvote 1

oh well...time to shut off the computer and just wait for the txt msg...

DId I read that correctly? They are reading this Thursday the 13th or NEXT Thursday the 20th? Any thoughts?

How funny...technical glitch...they must be having a blast laughing at all of us..its like the Cheshire Cat playing with the little mouse...

Anyone that believes in any crap spewed from a CC was born and raised in lala land.

• Upvote 2

oh well...time to shut off the computer and just wait for the txt msg...

DId I read that correctly? They are reading this Thursday the 13th or NEXT Thursday the 20th? Any thoughts?

How funny...technical glitch...they must be having a blast laughing at all of us..its like the Cheshire Cat playing with the little mouse...

13th - it's a google translate issue.