Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

True value of the Iraqi dinar

Hello, I would like to share some reading material with you all. The type of things I thought I would read when I joined.

My name is Paul, and I am a Forex trader. I love currencies of all types and how they each trade for their own given values. The Iraqi Dinar "IQD" Obviously has a value of more than 1170 IQD per 1 USD. But what is it? Well let's see. *First: What kind of country is Iraq? A country that exports it's reserves, Industrial say 5%, ( Oil, Gas ) mining say 95% and imports 90% that it consumes.

How does this add up? Well it means that Iraq is a wealthy country that can support a healthy currency. When you pair a currency with another currency many fluctuations happen for several reasons but the over all movement of the pair is from the interest rates that each currency holds ie... if a currency is under valued and holds a low interest rate because the country has a need to export goods at a great price in order to continue to be strong. If a currency is over valued and has a high interest rate it is because the country has too high of inflation from imports due to it being rich.

*Second: How does Iraqs' interest rate pair against other currencies? [post=http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home]http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home[/post] IQD interest rate is at 6% this may not fair well with going up against the New Zealand KIWI NZD but it will do fine with Japans' JPY or the USD.

*Third: Gross Domestic Product ( GDP ) If Iraq can reach 12,500,000BBL of oil per day along with natural gas ( NPG ) and an industrial sector. They would achieve 1/3 GDP of the United States.

*Forth and final: with the population being 10 times that of Kuwait and the forecast of GDP being 10 times that of Kuwait also then one would believe that the Iraq dinar would be that of the Kuwaiti Dinar in 10 years. The time frame that Iraq has given to reach this 12.5 million barrel a day production.

So ready for the answer??? .74 USD per IQD but keep in mind speculation and you will see that the Iraqi's have already accounted for what I have not so believe it when they posted [post=http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home]http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&pid=295&lng=en[/post] 1.134 Iraqi dinar per 1USD is the actual value.

Damn good first post! Keep em' coming! At least you posted with common sense... :o

Hello, I would like to share some reading material with you all. The type of things I thought I would read when I joined.

My name is Paul, and I am a Forex trader. I love currencies of all types and how they each trade for their own given values. The Iraqi Dinar "IQD" Obviously has a value of more than 1170 IQD per 1 USD. But what is it? Well let's see. *First: What kind of country is Iraq? A country that exports it's reserves, Industrial say 5%, ( Oil, Gas ) mining say 95% and imports 90% that it consumes.

How does this add up? Well it means that Iraq is a wealthy country that can support a healthy currency. When you pair a currency with another currency many fluctuations happen for several reasons but the over all movement of the pair is from the interest rates that each currency holds ie... if a currency is under valued and holds a low interest rate because the country has a need to export goods at a great price in order to continue to be strong. If a currency is over valued and has a high interest rate it is because the country has too high of inflation from imports due to it being rich.

*Second: How does Iraqs' interest rate pair against other currencies? [post=http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home]http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home[/post] IQD interest rate is at 6% this may not fair well with going up against the New Zealand KIWI NZD but it will do fine with Japans' JPY or the USD.

*Third: Gross Domestic Product ( GDP ) If Iraq can reach 12,500,000BBL of oil per day along with natural gas ( NPG ) and an industrial sector. They would achieve 1/3 GDP of the United States.

*Forth and final: with the population being 10 times that of Kuwait and the forecast of GDP being 10 times that of Kuwait also then one would believe that the Iraq dinar would be that of the Kuwaiti Dinar in 10 years. The time frame that Iraq has given to reach this 12.5 million barrel a day production.

So ready for the answer??? .74 USD per IQD but keep in mind speculation and you will see that the Iraqi's have already accounted for what I have not so believe it when they posted [post=http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home]http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&pid=295&lng=en[/post] 1.134 Iraqi dinar per 1USD is the actual value.

Damn good first post! Keep em' coming! At least you posted with common sense... :o

• Upvote 3

Just new and trying to learn some things...

I have seen these thoughts before that the Iraqi economy should give its currency a value higher than what it is due to oil wealth... etc. But a "high" currency trade rate certainly isn't an indicator a of a poor economy. The YEN has traded at rates of 1000's to a dollar for decades and nobody seems to have a problem with it. The Iraqi economy could be stronger than ever and trade at 500/1 depending on 100 other factors.

Why does "Iraq is a wealthy country that can support a healthy currency" translate to RV? (as "healthy" could just as easily be 780IQD to $1)

• Upvote 4

Why does "Iraq is a wealthy country that can support a healthy currency" translate to RV? (as "healthy" could just as easily be 780IQD to $1)

Read more:

Hello, and thank you all for your input just waiting on the New Year here and 10 minutes to go!!! SO HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! There are countries out there that wished they could support a 7810 to 1 USD but don't have the proved resources to do it. I think the YEN or JPY just closed around 81.5 JPY per USD and that is a high rate for Japan but Japan loves to have a more relaxed currency against the USD because they are strong due to US exports. Iraq however trades oil to many countries including the US and oil is traded around the world with the USD except for Iran that trades with the EUR. But all countries are about their own currency and taking care of the peoples that depend on it. And that is why they must get up to speed on the rate of exchange for the dinar because the people of Iraq didn't elect a new government just to keep them in the stone ages. Hope this helps :) Paul

• Upvote 5

Just new and trying to learn some things...

I have seen these thoughts before that the Iraqi economy should give its currency a value higher than what it is due to oil wealth... etc. But a "high" currency trade rate certainly isn't an indicator a of a poor economy. The YEN has traded at rates of 1000's to a dollar for decades and nobody seems to have a problem with it. The Iraqi economy could be stronger than ever and trade at 500/1 depending on 100 other factors.

Good post and goo dpoint Jimmycorn but IMO This whole thing isnt about the RV. That is certainly a component and I hope it does and I like the .74 - 1.13 numbers. It is also about the trading that will happen post RV. Even if it is an older article it indicates some potential starting points and some real optimism in this investment . This post gave me some insight into what COULD happen. Thats what I come here for. Nobody knows what will happen, I'm looking for what could happen. BTW I would be happy at this point with a doubling of my investment to 585:1. Not what we all hoped for but a great return. Just my 23.4 Dinar

*Second: How does Iraqs' interest rate pair against other currencies? http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Home IQD interest rate is at 6% this may not fair well with going up against the New Zealand KIWI NZD but it will do fine with Japans' JPY or the USD.

So ready for the answer??? .74 USD per IQD but keep in mind speculation and you will see that the Iraqi's have already accounted for what I have not so believe it when they posted http://www.mop.gov.i...&pid=295&lng=en 1.134 Iraqi dinar per 1USD is the actual value.

Thanks for the post...but what are you saying about this "that the Iraq dinar would be that of the Kuwaiti Dinar in 10 years" Are you expecting the exchange rate to rise for Iraq in 2020. Most will believe it will happen right now or 1st quarter 2011. Thanks for your thoughts though.

• Upvote 1

If the Iraqi Dinar takes (10) years to reach a value over $3.00 USD per Iraqi Dinar, then how come the Kuwait Dinar was revalued/reinstated to it's former or higher value within it's first week????? :unsure:

RV 2010 !!!!! ---------> after shock 3rd Jan 2011 due to banks being closed. :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If the Iraqi Dinar takes (10) years to reach a value over $3.00 USD per Iraqi Dinar, then how come the Kuwait Dinar was revalued/reinstated to it's former or higher value within it's first week?????

Good Morning DV! Nice questions here. Let me begin by saying, I hold Iraqi dinar because I do feel that it will show to be a wise investment this year. As far as the Kuwaiti dinar going back to the post war exchange rate once peace was restored to Kuwait, well Kuwait formed a new currency because their original currency had been looted and unaccounted for and deemed worthless and that is why it gained value back so fast. And also let me say that I'm sure in ten years the Kuwaiti dinar will be worth more than the exchange rate that it has today, with that being said the Iraqi dinar should have around the same rate or better depending on PROVED oil reserves of each country. But lets not forget that when the old Iraqi dinar was at 3.22 USD per dinar that they had less than a trillion in circulation unlike today's 27 trillion Iraqi dinar and counting. Other than that you have a new currency, government, stock market, banking system, etc.... that needs to come in at a low rate to build more speculators and investors to help support a strong dinar. If the dinar is released to the forex market at the rate of 1.134 every country, bank, investment house, individual, company, etc.. will have a chance to buy it against the lower yielding currencies in the world at a great rate that will earn them interest on a daily basis for as long as they hold it!!! I think it will be a smash when it goes International!! so will it gain world recognition Overnight, to be at $3.50 per dinar? I think not, but will it climb from 1.134 like a shooting star to the rate of $3.00 plus within the fist 6 months? SURE!!!

If the Iraqi Dinar takes (10) years to reach a value over $3.00 USD per Iraqi Dinar, then how come the Kuwait Dinar was revalued/reinstated to it's former or higher value within it's first week?????

Good Morning DV! Nice questions here. Let me begin by saying, I hold Iraqi dinar because I do feel that it will show to be a wise investment this year. As far as the Kuwaiti dinar going back to the post war exchange rate once peace was restored to Kuwait, well Kuwait formed a new currency because their original currency had been looted and unaccounted for and deemed worthless and that is why it gained value back so fast. And also let me say that I'm sure in ten years the Kuwaiti dinar will be worth more than the exchange rate that it has today, with that being said the Iraqi dinar should have around the same rate or better depending on PROVED oil reserves of each country. But lets not forget that when the old Iraqi dinar was at 3.22 USD per dinar that they had less than a trillion in circulation unlike today's 27 trillion Iraqi dinar and counting. Other than that you have a new currency, government, stock market, banking system, etc.... that needs to come in at a low rate to build more speculators and investors to help support a strong dinar. If the dinar is released to the forex market at the rate of 1.134 every country, bank, investment house, individual, company, etc.. will have a chance to buy it against the lower yielding currencies in the world at a great rate that will earn them interest on a daily basis for as long as they hold it!!! I think it will be a smash when it goes International!! so will it gain world recognition Overnight, to be at $3.50 per dinar? I think not, but will it climb from 1.134 like a shooting star to the rate of $3.00 plus within the fist 6 months? SURE!!!

Kuwait was a completely diff situation thats why......not to mention the 3.22 rate wasent internationally recognized....it was an artificial rate set by saddam.....kuwaits rate was real.....and was able to pick up where it left off....Iraq is starting over from the bottom....completely.....it will take YEARS to get back to higher rates seen back in the 70's and 80's.....but its very possible....unless by that time Iraq is producing so much oil that they are oversaturating the market which is also a possibility....which is why this is not a guaranteed thing.....neither is Iraq.....and yes with 27 trillion in circulation there is NO WAY they can revalue....hopefully those numbers are hogwash and are not correct......with that amount it cant happen.....the euro is the most used currency in the world and Iraqs supply doubles or triples that!!! But either way the dinar will rise in value somehow and someway....we can only hope its in our favor!!

• Upvote 4

lol, seriously, these people compare Iraq to Kuwait....WRONG COMPARISON! They had their government established, we just had to protect it! We completely tore down the building, foundation...EVERYthing on this one, in Kuwait, we just had to build a new structure. Iraq, we have to pour a whole new foundation (so to speak, if you haven't guessed). I would LOVE to be able to compare Iraq with Kuwait, but in doing so shows ignorance or blindness.

• Upvote 1