Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Article 40 approved by Parliament

jla956

I just received an email that contained the following chat conversation between two of our members:

Dec 21 7:58 AM [mailboxmoney] Dame - it was a live video feed from the Iraqi parliament - translated into English- The entire platform that Maliki presented was voted on and ratified. . . including Article 40 a call for immediate revaluation of currency. We have a GOVERNMENT and a call for SHABIBI to TAKE ACTION

mailboxmoney - could you please provide some more details regarding Article 40 along with how the government has now been directed to RV? What exactly did they say other than calling for Shabibi to take action? Thank goodness you were able to watch the English translation of this. I guess we now have to determine what exactly "immediate" means to the Iraqi government - is that tomorrow, this week, prior to January 1st, or what?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - a great find on your part!

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

this post has been floating around in a few posts for about an hour - unless they're talking about another article 40, this article in the iraq constitution does not deal with an immediate revaluation that I can see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Iraq

This is similar to what I had found but I will keep diggin'. GO RV in 2010!!!

I just received an email that contained the following chat conversation between two of our members:

mailboxmoney - could you please provide some more details regarding Article 40 along with how the government has now been directed to RV? What exactly did they say other than calling for Shabibi to take action? Thank goodness you were able to watch the English translation of this. I guess we now have to determine what exactly "immediate" means to the Iraqi government - is that tomorrow, this week, prior to January 1st, or what?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - a great find on your part!

What what? Is this what I've been looking for?

Rights and Freedoms

The Constitution defines many rights and freedoms, and incorporates laws in many subject areas into the Constitution. It guarantees the rule of law,[18][19] equality before the law,[20] equal opportunity,[21] privacy,[22] inalienable nationality and dual nationality,[23] judicial independence,[24] the prohibition on ex post facto laws,[24] right to counsel,[24] a public trial unless the court decides to make it a secret trial,[24] a presumption of innocence,[24] the right to participate in public affairs and the right to vote, to elect and to nominate,[25] freedom from extradition,[26] political asylum,[26] "economic, social and cultural liberties",[26] the right to work,[27] the right to join trade unions,[27] ownership of personal property,[28] eminent domain powers,[28] rights similar to the Four Freedoms (European Union),[29][30] minimum wage,[19] universal health care,[31] free education,[32] dignity,[33] freedom from psychological and physical torture and inhumane treatment and the right to compensation,[33] freedom from "compulsory service",[33] limited freedom of expression, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly,[34] the right to engage in sports,[34] limited freedom of forming and of joining associations and political parties,[35] requirement of warrants for wiretaps,[36] freedom of religion,[37] freedom of thought, conscience and belief.[38]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Iraq#cite_ref-37

38.^ Constitution of Iraq, Article 40

This is referenced as Article 40 in Wikileaks. (I think)

Edited by Marquess
  • Upvote 1