Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Early Morning Opinions - 8:40 AM CDT - 2/02/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Mnt Goat  Article: "THE FINANCE COMMITTEE RESPONDS TO THE US SANCTIONS: LET US SELL OIL IN CURRENCIES OTHER THAN THE DOLLAR" Quote: "Imposing sanctions on Iraqi banks would undermine and obstruct the steps taken by the Central Bank to adjust the stability of the dollar exchange rate and reduce the selling gap between the official and parallel rates." ...the TRUTH finally comes out. This is what is causing the inability of the CBI to take the necessary steps to adjust the stability of the dollar exchange rate? ...if they the CBI did this diversification it would adjust the parallel market rate very quickly and then…..:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Question then is... would the US tolerate them selling oil in this manner? Or can they even stop it if it is IRAQS oil?

Iraq has been making numerous threats including the possibility of joining BRICS.  I believe this is all pressure to get the US to allow them to RD/RV/RI their currency.  As Iraq is under US receivership, the US has to allow Iraq to change their currency.  Iraq cannot do it on their own.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, ronscarpa said:

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Mnt Goat  Article: "THE FINANCE COMMITTEE RESPONDS TO THE US SANCTIONS: LET US SELL OIL IN CURRENCIES OTHER THAN THE DOLLAR" Quote: "Imposing sanctions on Iraqi banks would undermine and obstruct the steps taken by the Central Bank to adjust the stability of the dollar exchange rate and reduce the selling gap between the official and parallel rates." ...the TRUTH finally comes out. This is what is causing the inability of the CBI to take the necessary steps to adjust the stability of the dollar exchange rate? ...if they the CBI did this diversification it would adjust the parallel market rate very quickly and then…..:twothumbs:

:tiphat:

Long story shortened… I believe it was 1973 when the oil nations signed the Petrodollar accord they all heeded to sell oil using USD if I not mistaking.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Society said:

Iraq has been making numerous threats including the possibility of joining BRICS.  I believe this is all pressure to get the US to allow them to RD/RV/RI their currency.  As Iraq is under US receivership, the US has to allow Iraq to change their currency.  Iraq cannot do it on their own.  

The US is to blame for the hold-up.

Iraq has complied to all US demands.

• Upvote 4

I believe the US needs to get them to revalue their currency, get paid back for all we have done for them, and get the heck out of Iraq!  Let them get what they deserve.   I say that out of frustration, but nothing good has come out of Iraq for us at this point, and they for the most part hate the US.  Why stay there, and put targets on our backs?  Time to be done over there!

:drunk:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

1 hour ago, Luigi1 said:

The US is to blame for the hold-up.

Iraq has complied to all US demands.

I won’t deny that. Biden’s regime is in turmoil and my feeling is as long as they are in office we won’t see anything happen. Hope I wrong but just my thinking at this time.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

I believe the US needs to get them to revalue their currency, get paid back for all we have done for them, and get the heck out of Iraq!  Let them get what they deserve.   I say that out of frustration, but nothing good has come out of Iraq for us at this point, and they for the most part hate the US.  Why stay there, and put targets on our backs?  Time to be done over there!

:drunk:

Well I agree, but I don’t think Biden administration wants this to happen. They hate us as all Islamic nations do in fact they hate anyone who doesn’t conform to their ways sounds kinda like our left wing Democrats don’t it. We need to get our troops home or out of arms way. We need to get these Islamic nuts out of our country such as that Omar or what ever her name is. She and those others squad members should all be deported. Also those students with visa’s that protest against our ways should be removed. Well got that off my chest.
Now I think there are folks in the Biden administration that don’t want Iraq to RV because if so, many of us will become wealthy and they don’t want that. they see that as power lost.
They want turmoil, confusion in order to run under the radar sort a speak to get their evil ways. The Dems have us in a pickle of a mess right now, and we have no leader. Just hard to believe anything good will happen under puppet Biden and his dark state administration.

Just  my thinking at the moment. I truly hope something changes and somehow the IDQ  RV’s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 6

4 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Question then is... would the US tolerate them selling oil in this manner? Or can they even stop it if it is IRAQS oil?

The U.S wouldn't allow anyone to sell oil in anything other than the usd until brics came along and our 50 year agreement with Saudi Arabia ended last year. They signed with Russia.. I think if Iraq joined brics, issue resolved..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

The U.S wouldn't allow anyone to sell oil in anything other than the usd until brics came along and our 50 year agreement with Saudi Arabia ended last year. They signed with Russia.. I think if Iraq joined brics, issue resolved..

Any bets...This whole mess has been hijacked for political gain.

OBiden will allow the RV-RI & GCR to take place sometime in the Fall just ahead of US election. 

Then he can take full credit for saving the entire global economies & get re-elected.

The world will bow down & kiss his feet & he will be worshiped like a God.

There is an agenda & it's not in the best interests of the People.   IMHO.

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

5 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

Any bets...This whole mess has been hijacked for political gain.

OBiden will allow the RV-RI & GCR to take place sometime in the Fall just ahead of US election. 

Then he can take full credit for saving the entire global economies & get re-elected.

The world will bow down & kiss his feet & he will be worshiped like a God.

There is an agenda & it's not in the best interests of the People.   IMHO.

There is an agenda on both sides. I'm certain both sides need a crash to happen but I'm not sure if both want to include the iqd afterwards

• Upvote 1