Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Moody's: Iraq's economy is exposed to great risks

yota691

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

But I didn't invest in Kuwaiti Dinar at that time , therefore, I amn't really sure if the Kuwaiti Dinar really RV'ed or RI'ed at that time. By the way , did you invest in Kuwaiti Dinar at that time , did you? How much fold ( 100 folds or 1,000 folds ) did you make profit from the original investment?

I did not. And even if I did, I wouldn't advertise it! Just a little heads up, but it's a bit rude to ask folks that question, especially in an open forum.

As I understand it, it was more of a reinstatement with a small adjustment for inflationary economic issues caused by the invasion. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, tjokie said:

I did not. And even if I did, I wouldn't advertise it! Just a little heads up, but it's a bit rude to ask folks that question, especially in an open forum.

As I understand it, it was more of a reinstatement with a small adjustment for inflationary economic issues caused by the invasion. 

Completely agree with everything you have said. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

so the question is if stock prices can crash momentarily or over night due to bad news can a countries currecy crash overnight due an invasion?? the reason I ask is a forum member i met online back in 2004 said hes friends made money on the ground because it dipped  and then went back to normal, unfortunately he did not choose to invest and made nothing, he was kicking himself because they made money!!! so is it possible it dipped and then went back up???

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tjokie said:

Thank you for answering my question and I apologize if I ask a question to you a bit rude.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

If you had asked me I would have told you the same as hope anybody else does.... it is NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS. you are the one who is rude and impolite

Mark my word. I will never interfere your own affair as long as you don't ever ever try to answer my question if I don't ask you a question directly because that's also considered impolite and rude.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

Mark my word. I will never interfere your own affair as long as you don't ever ever try to answer my question if I don't ask you a question directly because that's also considered impolite and rude.

Oh I will continue to express my opinion whether you ask or not. I just pointed out the obvious and the answer you received from the person you asked confirmed it. You wouldn't like anybody asking about your private buisness so why should anybody else? ESPECIALLYsomebody you do not know personally. Note... the site is an open forum so anybody can post and anybody can answer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Oh I will continue to express my opinion whether you ask or not. I just pointed out the obvious and the answer you received from the person you asked confirmed it. You wouldn't like anybody asking about your private buisness so why should anybody else? ESPECIALLYsomebody you do not know personally. Note... the site is an open forum so anybody can post and anybody can answer. 

It is really true that I really don't know everyone here personally. That's I respect everyone here. If I ask the wrong question to everyone here , I will admit and apologize gently and openly. " Everyone can make mistakes in his or her whole life and Nobody is perfect in this world ".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

One more thing , If I don't ask you a question directly , that means it is also NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. 

2 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Folks, don't go getting into a big fuss about this. Play nice and this is as far it goes. 

Just a friendly warning before it becomes something official.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

What I find interesting is you would call this article to be on the world scale type, all the while they are lining up their ducks dotting it's and crossing t's just scrambling to get things done it seems and cashless iqd society coming too... I don't know kind of what I was mentioning earlier with never believe what they tell you... specifically on the global latter...always doing someone behind the closed doors and usually the opposite to be like oh oops who would have known...just a thought or two 😈

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 9:37 PM, tjokie said:

Kuwait, post Gulf War.

A lot of people think Kuwait RVd post Gulf war. This is a misnomer and people keep promulgating this lie, Kuwait neither RId or RVd post Gulf War. The data of their currency before the war and after the war shows no evidence of this happening. Because it did not happen.

3 hours ago, Theseus said:

A lot of people think Kuwait RVd post Gulf war. This is a misnomer and people keep promulgating this lie, Kuwait neither RId or RVd post Gulf War. The data of their currency before the war and after the war shows no evidence of this happening. Because it did not happen.

Currency was devalued due to the invasion to prevent Saddam from becoming wealthier and using the KWD to fund his war. Once the war ended and stability was re-established the value was returned to normal pre-war levels.  Technically, you could call it reinstatement if you want to split hairs. But there were still a lot of folks who got filthy rich over it; mostly insiders and PTB's. The end result was still the same.

Same thing, basically, with the Deutsche Mark and Japanese Yen post WWII.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tjokie said:

mostly insiders and PTB's.

exactly , when saddam invaded Kuwait the internet was in infancy very few new anything what was taking place most received the info from news broadcast at the time , all my opinion of course ... cheers

• Upvote 1