Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How is your math???

FishMan1969

Math can be confusing for some people.

If you were to see a spreadsheet from the UN site that looked like this (see attached), would you be excited.

Ask yourself, if I had 1,000,000 IQD and converted to USD at the rate in the attached spreadsheet, how much USD would I then have.

Most people I know get this wrong because they are not comfortable with the math behind the investment.

Challenge yourself to figure it out, get it right, and come up with the number.

If I knew how to post a poll with 4 options on this site, I would poll the audience and see how many people really "KNOW" their investment or if they just rely on others to give them their answers......

If someone wants to do it, go ahead....

Do you think you would have MORE than a million USD or LESS than a million USD???????????

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If you were to see a spreadsheet from the UN site that looked like this (see attached), would you be excited.

Ask yourself, if I had 1,000,000 IQD and converted to USD at the rate in the attached spreadsheet, how much USD would I then have.

Most people I know get this wrong because they are not comfortable with the math behind the investment.

If I knew how to post a poll with 4 options on this site, I would poll the audience and see how many people really "KNOW" their investment or if they just rely on others to give them their answers......

Do you think you would have MORE than a million USD or LESS than a million USD???????????

$ 258,000.00 USD

• Upvote 2

$3,875,968. Minus the spread

• Upvote 2

I can post the answer in a bit after a few people chew on this and use those calculators, if anyone is interested.

I was just interested in getting people to think and not feed the answer right away.

Yes, I teach for a living.

And this is NOT MEANT to make anyone feel stupid in any way. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a simple challenge.

Answer: $3,875,968

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 1

the math aside -- every single dinar is a thing of wonder -- even the sadam version has novelty value..iraq is not backwards like afghanis.. but quite modern and educated and has even been compared to Greece...iraqis are extremely intelligent .. just listen to the clips we get from war zones after bombings etc. and you can hear this..even iraqis know math..but still no one , no country, no entity likes to be used for others greedy motives.. this is why the rv likely will be tiny, measured, and frozen open.. or with no future schedule.. this to encourage significant currency extraction ...a dinar is a dinar is a dinar and usdollars arguably the primary "world currency"....Plenty of iraqis have a couple thou usd to buy a couple mil. dinar and presto usmillion..???sounds too quick and rampant corruption exists in unstable countries like iraq..heck even the us traded money for intel. anyways heard of insider trading?? RV privy recused inside parties likely transfer usd to friends, existing black market laundries, international opportunists...and also buy up millions of dinars with advance notice of any rv..how can this secret be secure if no secret is secure..new unbalances in citizen wealth structure may further distrust in newly formed shaky government and make messy situation messier...an open frozen small rv with a limited exchange window builds confidence slowly, stimulates business, discourages day trading, reduces dinar flotation and would be a believable scenario, but as usual the big but is WHEN will it happen..maybe the day after they arrest osama bin laden but lets hope its quicker..for all our sakes and anyways i'm fueling up my amphibious rv for the long trek over there.. ..maybe so I can buy a slice of that real iraqi bread,, I heard they don't eat wonder over there it's too expensive

• Downvote 5

The answer is $3,875,968.99

Then subtract spread, taxes, fees, etc.

The math is simple 1/the rate (in this case .258) . To double check your math take 1/euro rate ... that will give you the correct rate that you can verify.

It's a good exercise as evidenced by the wrong answers ... good job FishMan1969 ... I wish that you had done the poll.

Thanks and Peace

Doc31

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 3

I too come up with $3,875,968.99

But more importantly is where did this spreadsheet come from and what is the significance of it? Can it be telling?

Edited by wmawhite
  • Upvote 1

Will you be posting the formula used afterwards?

• Upvote 1

The answer is $3,875,968.99

Then subtract spread, taxes, fees, etc.

The math is simple 1/the rate (in this case .258) . To double check your math take 1/euro rate ... that will give you the correct rate that you can verify.

It's a good exercise as evidenced by the wrong answers ... good job FishMan1969 ... I wish that you had done the poll.

Thanks and Peace

Doc31

This means that you are getting almost 4 dinar per dollar or $1=.258 dinar. And at that rate I won't ever be working again. woohoo

Excellent post Fishman

• Upvote 1