Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A bleak picture of Iraq..a bloodbath and American concern over the flow of oil


Recommended Posts

 2022-06-25 08:13
 

 

Shafaq News/ On Saturday, the American "Bloomberg" website painted a bleak picture of the Iraqi scene, considering that there is a possibility of a bloodbath in the country, and the return of demonstrations to the streets, while the administration of US President Joe Biden faces a "double risk" of losing Iraqi oil supplies in The global market, in addition to Iran's strengthening of Iraq at a time when Washington is seeking to negotiate a new nuclear agreement with it.

 

And the American website considered, in a report translated by Shafaq News Agency, that the world must prepare to face the economic and security repercussions of what is happening in Iraq, which is facing a summer of discontent, after the Sadrist leader Muqtada al-Sadr withdrew his deputies from Parliament.

 

The report suggested that the result of al-Sadr's withdrawal from the political process was likely to be the return of the violent protest demonstrations that struck the country in late 2019 and early 2020.

 

blood in the streets

 

He pointed out that the Sadrist demonstrators are more angry after al-Sadr was frustrated by his failure to form a government coalition, as al-Sadr and his supporters will feel that the political process has failed them, making public squares a single platform for them to show their strength.

 

After the report pointed out that the Sadrists were still carrying weapons, it was considered that the Iraqis are facing bleak tidings of the possibility of bloodshed in their streets.

 

However, he also pointed out that this Iraqi situation is a bad warning for the global economy, as at a time when oil prices are rising, the last thing one needs is the prolonged instability in the second largest producer in OPEC, reminding that the global market also suffers from a shortage. In supply from another Arab oil-producing country is Libya, which has been wracked by political chaos.

 

The report continued; That oil buyers can hope that Al-Kazemi will be able to secure the oil infrastructure and keep the supply lines working in the event of sectarian fighting erupting in Iraq's southern governorates, which contain the majority of the country's oil reserves.

 

Iraqi oil

 

Therefore, the report considered that the Biden administration faces a "double risk", as it is clear that any loss of Iraqi supplies will impede efforts to calm the crude oil market and reduce gasoline prices at stations on the eve of the midterm elections next fall.

 

No less important, Sadr's withdrawal strengthens Iran at a sensitive geopolitical moment as Biden simultaneously seeks to negotiate a nuclear deal and reassure its Arab neighbors that they have nothing to fear.

 

Referring to Iran's benefit from the developments that took place in Iraq, the report clarified that according to Iraqi law, the parliamentary seats that al-Sadr gave up, went to the candidates who obtained the second largest number of votes, and in most cases, these were from parties supported by Iran, adding that the coordination framework is now in the strongest position to form a coalition government.

 

Nouri al-Maliki

 

This means, according to the report, that Nuri al-Maliki is returning to the premiership, recalling that his two previous terms in office, between 2006 and 2014, were distinguished by the fact that Iran obtained an open license in order to enhance its influence in Iraqi affairs, especially within the security forces. The Shiite militias that used it to launch attacks on US forces in Iraq and carry out missile strikes and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

 

Al-Kazemi and the West

 

As for Al-Kazemi, the report described him as "a pro-Western figure who has achieved only limited success in curbing the militias," while Al-Maliki will not make any attempt to do so, and may even use the state's security forces to suppress any uprising by his followers. the chest.

 

The report concluded by noting that the formation of the new government may take weeks or months, but the non-Shiite parties are no longer as enthusiastic about the coordination framework as they were about the Sadrist movement.

 

"Iran is not in a hurry," he added, explaining that if the nuclear negotiations fail, as the odds now indicate, Tehran would be able to use Iraq freely in order to stir up trouble for the United States and its allies in the Middle East.

 

Also, if the internal Shiite fighting stops the flow of Iraqi oil to the world market, this will also be convenient for Iran, because higher prices will boost the flow of money for Iran's export earnings that are restricted by sanctions.

 

Accordingly, the report concluded by saying that "for the United States, there are no good results: the political chaos in Baghdad is as bad as the existence of a proxy government for Iran."

 

Translation: Shafak News Agency

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, yota691 said:
 2022-06-25 08:13
 

 

Shafaq News/ On Saturday, the American "Bloomberg" website painted a bleak picture of the Iraqi scene, considering that there is a possibility of a bloodbath in the country, and the return of demonstrations to the streets, while the administration of US President Joe Biden faces a "double risk" of losing Iraqi oil supplies in The global market, in addition to Iran's strengthening of Iraq at a time when Washington is seeking to negotiate a new nuclear agreement with it.

 

And the American website considered, in a report translated by Shafaq News Agency, that the world must prepare to face the economic and security repercussions of what is happening in Iraq, which is facing a summer of discontent, after the Sadrist leader Muqtada al-Sadr withdrew his deputies from Parliament.

 

The report suggested that the result of al-Sadr's withdrawal from the political process was likely to be the return of the violent protest demonstrations that struck the country in late 2019 and early 2020.

 

blood in the streets

 

He pointed out that the Sadrist demonstrators are more angry after al-Sadr was frustrated by his failure to form a government coalition, as al-Sadr and his supporters will feel that the political process has failed them, making public squares a single platform for them to show their strength.

 

After the report pointed out that the Sadrists were still carrying weapons, it was considered that the Iraqis are facing bleak tidings of the possibility of bloodshed in their streets.

 

However, he also pointed out that this Iraqi situation is a bad warning for the global economy, as at a time when oil prices are rising, the last thing one needs is the prolonged instability in the second largest producer in OPEC, reminding that the global market also suffers from a shortage. In supply from another Arab oil-producing country is Libya, which has been wracked by political chaos.

 

The report continued; That oil buyers can hope that Al-Kazemi will be able to secure the oil infrastructure and keep the supply lines working in the event of sectarian fighting erupting in Iraq's southern governorates, which contain the majority of the country's oil reserves.

 

Iraqi oil

 

Therefore, the report considered that the Biden administration faces a "double risk", as it is clear that any loss of Iraqi supplies will impede efforts to calm the crude oil market and reduce gasoline prices at stations on the eve of the midterm elections next fall.

 

No less important, Sadr's withdrawal strengthens Iran at a sensitive geopolitical moment as Biden simultaneously seeks to negotiate a nuclear deal and reassure its Arab neighbors that they have nothing to fear.

 

Referring to Iran's benefit from the developments that took place in Iraq, the report clarified that according to Iraqi law, the parliamentary seats that al-Sadr gave up, went to the candidates who obtained the second largest number of votes, and in most cases, these were from parties supported by Iran, adding that the coordination framework is now in the strongest position to form a coalition government.

 

Nouri al-Maliki

 

This means, according to the report, that Nuri al-Maliki is returning to the premiership, recalling that his two previous terms in office, between 2006 and 2014, were distinguished by the fact that Iran obtained an open license in order to enhance its influence in Iraqi affairs, especially within the security forces. The Shiite militias that used it to launch attacks on US forces in Iraq and carry out missile strikes and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

 

Al-Kazemi and the West

 

As for Al-Kazemi, the report described him as "a pro-Western figure who has achieved only limited success in curbing the militias," while Al-Maliki will not make any attempt to do so, and may even use the state's security forces to suppress any uprising by his followers. the chest.

 

The report concluded by noting that the formation of the new government may take weeks or months, but the non-Shiite parties are no longer as enthusiastic about the coordination framework as they were about the Sadrist movement.

 

"Iran is not in a hurry," he added, explaining that if the nuclear negotiations fail, as the odds now indicate, Tehran would be able to use Iraq freely in order to stir up trouble for the United States and its allies in the Middle East.

 

Also, if the internal Shiite fighting stops the flow of Iraqi oil to the world market, this will also be convenient for Iran, because higher prices will boost the flow of money for Iran's export earnings that are restricted by sanctions.

 

Accordingly, the report concluded by saying that "for the United States, there are no good results: the political chaos in Baghdad is as bad as the existence of a proxy government for Iran."

 

Translation: Shafak News Agency

What is it going to take for this administration to pump our very own OIL ?? 

Edited by Shelley
  • Like 1
  • Pow! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“the report concluded by saying that "for the United States, there are no good results: the political chaos in Baghdad is as bad as the existence of a proxy government for Iran."

 

We are close 🤣


 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shelley said:

What is it going to take for this administration to pump our very own OIL ?? 

Probably a Republican in the WH. Everything these wing nuts are doing to this country is by design, and they've pretty much said that right out in the open...it's The Green Agenda which is putting the country & it's people in the RED. 

I'VE been expecting this since the groundwork had been laid during the Obama administration. Trump interrupted those plans which was why they tried so desperately to derail him. They expected Hillarious, a no go there so hence the Epic table tilting & rigging of this past election.

Only the 🧠 Brandon brain washed could believe Biden " actually received more votes than Obama ?!?!? "

" C'mon man, stop making things up " I'm not affiliated with either party by the way.

Edited by horsesoldier
Misspelled words
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

Probably a Republican in the WH. Everything these wing nuts are doing to this country is by design, and they've pretty much said that right out in the open...it's The Green Agenda which is putting the country & it's people in the RED. 

I'VE been expecting this since the groundwork had been laid during the Obama administration. Trump interrupted those plans which was why they tried so desperately to derail him. They expected Hillarious, a no go there so hence the Epic table tilting & rigging of this past election.

Only the 🧠 Brandon brain washed could believe Biden " actually received more votes than Obama ?!?!? "

" C'mon man, stop making things up " I'm not affiliated with either party by the way.

I know you’re 100 % correct , I just pray that the American people start fighting back against the destruction this Administration is causing…. We need an insurrection at the White House !!

  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.