Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Nancy Pehosi withheld #coronavirus bill so DCCC could run ads AGAINST GOP candidates


Recommended Posts

DIRTY little secret –> Nancy Pelosi withheld #coronavirus bill so DCCC could run ads AGAINST GOP candidates (watch)

Posted at 3:00 pm on March 3, 2020 by Sam J.

 

It takes a serious low-life to play politics with something like the coronavirus, especially when people are scared to leave their homes and the market takes a beating because of it. Sadly, Nancy Pelosi is just that sort of low-life.

And they pretend like Trump is the bad guy here.

 

Watch.

 

What a scam—Speaker Pelosi held up the vote on coronavirus funding so that her campaign team could run ads against Republicans for Super Tuesday.

Instead of putting America first, she is putting politics first.

 
 
 
 

 

Politics first, right Nancy?

No wonder Trump called these people and their behavior a hoax (NOT the coronavirus, as they’ve been claiming.) Just when you think the Democrats can’t get any more desperate or sink any lower, they literally politicize a virus.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried, Trump said warm weather will kill it... And everyone is of course, safe at his rallies... I think he is trying to make sure people still show up...

 

Maybe they held up funding because according to the experts, the real medical experts, the funding proposed by the administration is woefully inadequate. Of course the administration is smarter than the doctors...

 

Our reactionary approach has been embarrassing.... In South Korea that are testing 10,000 people a day. Heck they have set up drive thru testing. I saw a college student at an American airport who just arrived back from Europe and no one even checked his temperature.  Our leaders need to be proactive and lead, not try and play catch up...

 

JMHO

 

B/A

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coronavirus: Congressional leaders strike roughly $8 billion bipartisan emergency funding deal

 
Rebecca Shabad and Frank Thorp V and Alex Moe
,
NBC NewsMarch 4, 2020
 
 

Congressional leaders in the House and Senate on Wednesday reached a bipartisan deal on a roughly $8 billion emergency funding bill to fight the coronavirus that has been spreading throughout the United States, according to Democratic and Republican appropriators.

The deal would provide $7.8 billion to fight the coronavirus and would include a mandatory funding authorization for $500 million over a 10-year period to be used toward a remote healthcare program.

Soon after the agreement's overall framework was released, but before the legislation's text was unveiled, two Democratic leadership sources told NBC that the House is expected to vote on the deal later in the day. It will need two-thirds of the House to pass it and leadership expects it to pass with bipartisan support.

“This should not be about politics; this is about doing our job to protect the American people from a potential pandemic," said Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby. "We worked together to craft an aggressive and comprehensive response that provides the resources the experts say they need to combat this crisis. I thank my colleagues for their cooperation and appreciate President Trump’s eagerness to sign this legislation and get the funding out the door without delay.”

 

Democrats said that the package is nearly seven times the amount that Trump had asked Congress to approve. The legislation would provide more than $2 billion to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for public health funding for prevention, preparedness and response.

It also would allocate more than $3 billion to a public health emergency fund and the National Institutes of Health for research and development of vaccines, treatment and testing of the coronavirus. The bill would also provide nearly $1.3 billion to help protect the health of Americans living abroad from the coronavirus.

 

A House Democratic aide said that the legislation would provide more than "$300 million to help ensure that, when a vaccine is developed, Americans can receive it regardless of their ability to pay."

"The legislation ensures that the federal government will only pay a fair and reasonable price for coronavirus vaccines and drugs and provides HHS the authority to ensure that they are affordable in the commercial market," the aide said.

Trump had submitted a $2.5 billion request to Congress to combat the virus, but Democrats quickly said that that amount would be insufficient. Senator Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., responded with an $8.5 billion proposal. Schumer said Tuesday that he expected the final deal to be between $7 billion and $8 billion.

The virus has killed at least nine people in the U.S. and over 3,100 worldwide.

As chair of the president’s task force on the virus, Vice President Mike Pence participated Tuesday in the luncheons held by Senate Democrats and Senate Republicans. And top administration officials, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, testified before a key Senate committee Tuesday morning.

Trump said separately at an event in Washington Tuesday morning, "It looks like they're going to give us $8.5 billion," and added, "I think I should say, 'I'll take it.'"

 

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-congressional-leaders-strike-nearly-173043335.html

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Held up does not mean it would not get passed as much as your wansty fantasy world would like.

 

Nothing was held up.....you're allowing yourself to be duped again.  Trump gutted the CDC to spite Obama and now we're all paying for it.  

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Held up does not mean it would not get passed as much as your wansty fantasy world would like.


It was held up because the White House asked for 2.5 billion the house passed a 8 billion bill. Bet it was held up by Republicans! Why do I say this? Because the say it’s going to be held up in the Senate.......by Republicans. Don’t let the far Right media lie to you! Trump supporters always talk about hate clouding judgement. Back at ya on this one. JMO.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, caddieman said:


It was held up because the White House asked for 2.5 billion the house passed a 8 billion bill. Bet it was held up by Republicans! Why do I say this? Because the say it’s going to be held up in the Senate.......by Republicans. Don’t let the far Right media lie to you! Trump supporters always talk about hate clouding judgement. Back at ya on this one. JMO.


I stand corrected. It’s both Republicans and Democrats that held up the bill! Imagine that!

 

Republicans are raising concerns that Democrats’ proposals would chill research and development and interfere with the development of a vaccine, according to sources who spoke without being identified so they could talk freely. Republicans say they share the goal of making sure a vaccine is affordable, but do not want to suppress its development.

But senior Democratic aides said they are not advocating price controls. “Democrats want the supplemental to include significant funding for the federal government to purchase large quantities of coronavirus diagnostics, treatments and vaccine [when it becomes available], which will then be made available to the public without cost,” one aide said.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/03/02/coronavirus-funding-talks-held-up-over-drug-pricing-language/

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slippery slope.

Dems want control of the vaccine.

When it becomes available will it be available to all or a certain age group?

Who decides who gets its?

What other crap will be in it that causes health issues?

Let see, do I want the flu or get cancer from the vaccine?

Tough choice.

I go with the flu. I can at least take precautions for that.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Slippery slope.

Dems want control of the vaccine.

When it becomes available will it be available to all or a certain age group?

Who decides who gets its?

What other crap will be in it that causes health issues?

Let see, do I want the flu or get cancer from the vaccine?

Tough choice.

I go with the flu. I can at least take precautions for that.

 

 

They want control of the vaccine?....or availability to all?  Which side is in bed with the drug companies and concerned about corporate America making a buck at the expense of sick people?

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

They want control of the vaccine?....or availability to all?  Which side is in bed with the drug companies and concerned about corporate America making a buck at the expense of sick people?

 

GO RV, then BV

I would say the House and Senate. Any politician who has received money from Big Pharma. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

And who gave Big Pharma a huge raise compliments of a 1.5 trillion dollar corporate heavy tax break?


Who sold out Americans with Obamacare. Do a little research on the deal HRC did with big pharma years ago

 

This is not just a Rep sellout Shabbs. The DC crowd are all on the Big Pharma payroll.  Oh, they all rail against it and campaign on stopping the rip off but they never change a damn thing.
 

Big Pharma = Big pay off. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pitcher said:


Who sold out Americans with Obamacare.

 

 

 

I understand your stance and your anger.....but if I look at it from the standpoint of "Americans" who now, for the first time ever, have health coverage, it probably doesn't feel like a sell out.  As always, just my opinion.

 

GO RV, then BV 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than maybe you or CL....I'd be right there with you when it comes to D.C. corruption on both sides.  I just find it refreshing when people finally put their bias aside and admit it.  I push hard on Trump because history has proven he is not an anti-corruption golden boy as his base would have us believe.  I just think people should admit it.  Same for Hils fans....I think we can both agree, no politician ever left D.C. as a poor person.

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, caddieman said:


It was held up because the White House asked for 2.5 billion the house passed a 8 billion bill. Bet it was held up by Republicans! Why do I say this? Because the say it’s going to be held up in the Senate.......by Republicans. Don’t let the far Right media lie to you! Trump supporters always talk about hate clouding judgement. Back at ya on this one. JMO.

Nope Pehosi held it up in the House because of this:

 

Coronavirus bill overloaded with Pehosi's 'Christmas-tree ornaments,' says Republican who voted against it

 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's add-ons were the reason why a Colorado Republican voted against the $8.3 billion coronavirus bill that President Trump signed into law earlier in the day, the lawmaker said Friday night.

"The president asked for $2.5 billion. I would have supported that," Rep. Ken Buck said during an appearance on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle." But then the actions of Pelosi, a San Francisco Democrat, prompted him to change his mind.

"The speaker decided to add all sorts of Christmas-tree ornaments to this bill. It was unnecessary. It was too much money," he said.

TRUMP SIGNS $8.3B CORNAVIRUS SPENDING BILL: 'IT'S AN UNFORESEEN PROBLEM'

"The speaker decided to add all sorts of Christmas-tree ornaments to this bill. It was unnecessary. It was too much money."

— U.S. Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo.

Besides Buck, only Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., also voted no when the House approved its bill Wednesday in a 415-2 vote. The Senate passed its version Thursday in a 96-1 vote, with only Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., opposing the plan.

In his conversation with guest host Tammy Bruce, Buck added it was "unfair" for critics of President Trump to blame him for the coronavirus outbreak, which he said was a situation that called for unity among the American people, not political division.

"I work on Capitol Hill and I see politics every day," Buck told Bruce. "And unfortunately, I see people that try to make political gain out of things that they should not try to make political gain out of.

"And to try to lay this issue, which starts in China, comes the United States and is being handled as well as we could possibly hope -- to try to lay this at the president's feet as unfair," he added. "And I think most people have seen three years of unfair treatment by the Democrats of this president."

Despite extensive media coverage, the risk of contracting coronavirus remained low for most Americans, U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams said Friday.

 

In an interview on "America's Newsroom" with host Laura Ingle, Adams said the Trump administration wanted the public to know the risk of infection and be prepared, but not to panic.

The coronavirus originated in Wuhan, China, before spreading worldwide. It has now infected more than 100,000 people total with cases on every continent but Antarctica, with 338 cases in the United States. Worldwide, more than 3,400 people have died from the coronavirus, including 15 in the United States.

Fox News' Julia Musto and Tyler Olson contributed to this report.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 9:00 AM, Shabibilicious said:

 

I understand your stance and your anger.....but if I look at it from the standpoint of "Americans" who now, for the first time ever, have health coverage, it probably doesn't feel like a sell out.  As always, just my opinion.

 

GO RV, then BV 

Total and utter bullcrap. Americans don't have health care coverage. What they have are high out of pocket expenses disguised as healthcare coverage. When copays and deductibles are so high that the average family cannot afford the deductible because Obamacare has made them pay for things they do not need, for example males required to have birth control access to females, then that is not healthcare that is bullcrap disguised as healthcare or in other terms Socialist healthcare. It is cheaper to pay the stupid tax to not have healthcare coverage than it was to get healthcare coverage. Obummercare was a feel good solution to so that people imbeciles could claim that "americans" have healthcare coverage. Let's get real about the ACA it was never affordable and the only people who it cared for were those who could feel good it was passed. Obummer care was to take money from the young and give it to the elderly. That is socialism pure and simple. If you feel good "Americans" have so-called healthcare coverage under the ACA, more people before the ACA were able to get affordable healthcare coverage. They chose not to for whatever reason. Healthcare is not in the Constitution and to have big government legislate it doesn't make it a Constitutional right.  You want to make healthcare affordable, get rid of 0Bummer care and put back healthcare in the free market, get rid of the buearacratic red tape (yes 0bummercare extended this red tape by 5 bijillion miles). Then get rid of the weaponization of the IRS which has more power and authority than most believe they do.  People say they don't want socialism but they are sure slowly voting for it every election. Say no to ACA and say no to the alt-left talking point that more Americans have healthcare coverage than ever in American history. Because the only period that is true is that the ACA will bankrupt you and/or your family period.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Theseus said:

Total and utter bullcrap. Americans don't have health care coverage. What they have are high out of pocket expenses disguised as healthcare coverage. When copays and deductibles are so high that the average family cannot afford the deductible because Obamacare has made them pay for things they do not need, for example males required to have birth control access to females, then that is not healthcare that is bullcrap disguised as healthcare or in other terms Socialist healthcare. It is cheaper to pay the stupid tax to not have healthcare coverage than it was to get healthcare coverage. Obummercare was a feel good solution to so that people imbeciles could claim that "americans" have healthcare coverage. Let's get real about the ACA it was never affordable and the only people who it cared for were those who could feel good it was passed. Obummer care was to take money from the young and give it to the elderly. That is socialism pure and simple. If you feel good "Americans" have so-called healthcare coverage under the ACA, more people before the ACA were able to get affordable healthcare coverage. They chose not to for whatever reason. Healthcare is not in the Constitution and to have big government legislate it doesn't make it a Constitutional right.  You want to make healthcare affordable, get rid of 0Bummer care and put back healthcare in the free market, get rid of the buearacratic red tape (yes 0bummercare extended this red tape by 5 bijillion miles). Then get rid of the weaponization of the IRS which has more power and authority than most believe they do.  People say they don't want socialism but they are sure slowly voting for it every election. Say no to ACA and say no to the alt-left talking point that more Americans have healthcare coverage than ever in American history. Because the only period that is true is that the ACA will bankrupt you and/or your family period.

 

I wouldn't know, as I'm not one of those people who was able to obtain healthcare for the first time.....I would never take a job that doesn't provide healthcare, even if I have to fund a sizable portion of it....Unfortunately for millions of Americans they haven't, for one reason or another, been able to secure such employment.  Now the people I do know personally who have finally been able to purchase healthcare because of the ACA are in the service industry, bartenders and waitresses, who work at multiple part time jobs because like many bars and restaurants, healthcare coverage has never been part of their budget.....which can be viewed as "total and utter bullcrap" for the employees.  ;)

 

GO RV, then BV    

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Obummer absolutely destroyed healthcare. My healthcare overnight. I had to drop it. Luckily I have a disabled vet status, so I started using the VA, which Trump had to straighten out too.  
 

As always, the truth. 
Go RV, then no more left wing crap.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gregp said:

Obummer absolutely destroyed healthcare. My healthcare overnight. I had to drop it. Luckily I have a disabled vet status, so I started using the VA, which Trump had to straighten out too.  
 

As always, the truth. 
Go RV, then no more left wing crap.  

 

Thank you for your service.  :salute:

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregp said:

Obummer absolutely destroyed healthcare. My healthcare overnight. I had to drop it. Luckily I have a disabled vet status, so I started using the VA, which Trump had to straighten out too.  
 

As always, the truth. 
Go RV, then no more left wing crap.  

Hooah...thank you for serving!!👍🇺🇸

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

I wouldn't know, as I'm not one of those people who was able to obtain healthcare for the first time.....I would never take a job that doesn't provide healthcare, even if I have to fund a sizable portion of it....Unfortunately for millions of Americans they haven't, for one reason or another, been able to secure such employment.  Now the people I do know personally who have finally been able to purchase healthcare because of the ACA are in the service industry, bartenders and waitresses, who work at multiple part time jobs because like many bars and restaurants, healthcare coverage has never been part of their budget.....which can be viewed as "total and utter bullcrap" for the employees.  ;)

 

GO RV, then BV    

First, you have never needed an employer to "provide" healthcare for you. Do your research. Healthcare insurance companies have always offered an option to get healthcare if your circumstances were otherwise. So whining that your job didn't provide healthcare for you is an excuse and a lame one at that. Sure you can "purchase" healthcare under the 0bummer ACA but don't confuse Medicare with health insurance because it is not. That is where the most low end individuals and families got pushed to. That or medicaid and they called it being covered under healthcare. I deal with bartenders waitresses and bussers on a daily basis. And most of them do not have healthcare they are paying for Medicare. If you think that is healthcare, that is total and utter bullcrap. Don't confuse getting Medicare and Medicaid with the ACA because they are two brothers from another mother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Theseus said:

First, you have never needed an employer to "provide" healthcare for you. Do your research. Healthcare insurance companies have always offered an option to get healthcare if your circumstances were otherwise. So whining that your job didn't provide healthcare for you is an excuse and a lame one at that. Sure you can "purchase" healthcare under the 0bummer ACA but don't confuse Medicare with health insurance because it is not. That is where the most low end individuals and families got pushed to. That or medicaid and they called it being covered under healthcare. I deal with bartenders waitresses and bussers on a daily basis. And most of them do not have healthcare they are paying for Medicare. If you think that is healthcare, that is total and utter bullcrap. Don't confuse getting Medicare and Medicaid with the ACA because they are two brothers from another mother.

 

You're right, "I" don't need an employer to "provide" healthcare for me.....but I did and have always chose to be employed by companies that do provide health insurance as part of a benefits package...again, not all Americans qualify for such gainful employment, for reasons known only to them....To the rest of your statement, I can't say one way or the other...All I can again tell you is, they were very thankful for the first time in their working lives to have the opportunity to purchase health insurance, as they called it, at a rate they could manage....no bull crap, utter or otherwise.  :peace:

 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.