Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The DNC needs to get out of thier own way.......think about this......?

 

In 2016 HRC was the chosen one........she stood down for Obama in 08.....and effectively was promised the next shot..... Biden was interested.....but was told to go pound sand.....it was HRC'S turn.....

 

As the sitting VP .....with a sound body and mind.....it is likely Biden had the better chance to beat Trump in 16 than HRC......

 

Of course his logical choice for VP would have been HRC......a dream team for the left.....

 

The House and Senate likely still would have been held by the right......Bidens dealings in Ukraine .....(along with audio and video on the firing of the Ukrainian Prosecutor....) would have come to light.......POOF

 

Biden is impeached and removed from office.....and the new leader of the free world would have been...........HRC

 

The DNC.......never seeing the Forrest for the trees.... 

JMO.     CL

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Interesting opinion from the someone on the Right.

 

GO RV, then BV

 

 

I agree...That's why I do like CL..... The critique capacity makes a few right-wingers  a-typical...The mental ability sometimes to detach oneself from belonging team loyalty.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And now for the rest of the story...

 

Fast forward to current day........Pete and Amy..... they have worked for about a year.....gaining the trust of voters......taking money from those who believed.........

 

But wait!

 

2 days, and one day, before Super Tuesday.....where about 40% of the delegates will be awarded.....where they have had volunteers working like dogs........and they bail out....throwing their support behind Biden.....wonder how those followers feel?........bet they will back Bloomberg....

 

Another Party coup by the DNC.......and once again they are backing the wrong horse....

 

The forrest for the trees.......?

CL 

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

And now for the rest of the story...

 

Fast forward to current day........Pete and Amy..... they have worked for about a year.....gaining the trust of voters......taking money from those who believed.........

 

But wait!

 

2 days, and one day, before Super Tuesday.....where about 40% of the delegates will be awarded.....where they have had volunteers working like dogs........and they bail out....throwing their support system">support behind Biden.....wonder how those followers feel?........bet they will back Bloomberg....

 

Another Party coup by the DNC.......and once again they are backing the wrong horse....

 

The forrest for the trees.......?

CL 

 

From a different perspective....Pete has said all along "someone who's an actual Democrat should be the nominee", regardless of what he wrote about Bernie in a homework assignment as an impressionable teen.....Also, Klobuchar's claim to fame is that she's never lost a race in Minnesota, so she dropped before that happened as she has not finished better than 4th or 5th in any of the primary voting so far, so her path forward was all but gone.....Both of them are moderate Democrats, so it makes sense for them to drop and endorse Biden....The voters will still get there chance, but coalescing the moderate vote behind one candidate can't be conflated as "stealing" the nom from Bernie, as the people still have to vote.....And lastly, it's been proven from Donald's spoken words he wants to face off with Bernie.  And it's also been proven by our intelligence services that Russia is trying to make that match-up happen.  As always, just my opinion, with some hard facts included.

 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see what happens today.... There is no doubt some backroom deals were made to get these people to drop out before Super Tuesday. Perhaps promised positions in the next administration. But no one is planning for the possibility that Mike brings a lot of voters to his campaign... They seem to have already counted him out... I'm not so sure. Many people I talk to who are in the middle are interested. I even know several Republicans who have decided they will not vote for Trump and they see Mike as a less extreme choice...

 

On another note Saturday I saw many Trump supporters in South Carolina planning on disrupting the election by voting for Sanders... Considering Biden won by 20 points of more, there was virtually zero effect by the Trump movement... It seems that crowd is nowhere near as plentiful as they would like you to believe...

 

B/A

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

There will be a TV channel Special on Super-Tuesday here tonight starting at 00:00  (6:00 pm EST) and going on for a few hours...

 

If I'm not too tired I'll try to watch some of it...

 

I am interested alright.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

From a different perspective....Pete has said all along "someone who's an actual Democrat should be the nominee", regardless of what he wrote about Bernie in a homework assignment as an impressionable teen.....Also, Klobuchar's claim to fame is that she's never lost a race in Minnesota, so she dropped before that happened as she has not finished better than 4th or 5th in any of the primary voting so far, so her path forward was all but gone.....Both of them are moderate Democrats, so it makes sense for them to drop and endorse Biden....The voters will still get there chance, but coalescing the moderate vote behind one candidate can't be conflated as "stealing" the nom from Bernie, as the people still have to vote.....And lastly, it's been proven from Donald's spoken words he wants to face off with Bernie.  And it's also been proven by our intelligence services that Russia is trying to make that match-up happen.  As always, just my opinion, with some hard facts included.

 

GO RV, then BV

 

Guess it just depends on how powerful of a force the DNC really is....as an individual who has volunteered for a campaign I would have been very disappointed if my candidate had bailed just prior to Super Tuesday...

 

My view is the DNC, as it has been for the past 60 years, is now in a death spiral......Pete and Amy falling on the sword for the party may not prove to be their smartest move.

 

I will be surprised by any bump Biden gets today......Sanders has a better run, better organized operation and for any who watched Bloomberg had an outstanding Town Hall on Fox last night.....seems the format of having time to logically answer a question without a telling food fight works better for him...

 

Should be an interesting day....stay well!

CL

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting notice a talking point pattern coming from the Right.  

 

Politics

'Impeach them': Trump accuses Buttigieg and Klobuchar of 'quid pro quo' with Biden

John T Bennett
The IndependentMarch 2, 2020, 8:12 PM EST
 
 
5e5e455b02816b02378158f6_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

 

Donald Trump, in signature fashion, tried to accuse his Democratic rivals of a "quid pro quo," just the allegation House Democrats used to impeach him.

The president, however, was not talking about US military aid in return for Ukraine investigating Americans. Rather, he was accusing moderate former Democratic presidential candidates of dropping out of the 2020 race while also endorsing former Vice President Joe Biden and promising him their delegates – in return for promises he would give them Cabinet posts, if the former VP secures the nomination then wins in November.

"They made a deal. ... Quid pro quo," Mr Trump said to loud cheers in Charlotte. "They made a deal. Impeach them."

He was referring to Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar and former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Both dropped out of the race following losses in South Carolina's Democratic primary on Saturday, which Mr Biden won by a wide margin.

"The Democrat Party has gone crazy," Mr Trump told his supporters in North Carolina, accusing the opposition party of adapting an "extreme left-wing agenda."

 

He also admitted to "trolling" Democrats by holding campaign rallies in states the day before that party holds nominating primaries, revealing a key part of his re-election strategy.

And the rally brought another false statement: "Mexico's paying for the wall, by the way. They are," he said. They're not. US taxpayers are – and he again plans to take funds from the Pentagon to build more barrier along the US-Mexico border; Mr Trump contends changes to trade policy in a new pact with that country and Canada will bring funds into the US Treasury Department that essentially means America's southern neighbor is indeed financing the wall project.

In a bizarre scene about 40 minutes into the rally, African-American conservative personalities "Diamond" and "Silk" joined Trump on stage and did a bit of a duet that ended with them saying "you've got to be this high to ride this ride." They were referring to New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, whom the president has mocked over his height.

The president appeared to sense one of the Democratic presidential field's top delegate-holders, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden, likely will be his general election foe.

"It's true, he does have some enthusiasm. But much less than we have. And a much smaller group of people, too," Mr Trump said of Mr Sanders. "And there's not a lot of enthusiasm for Biden."

He mocked the former vice president for last week misspeaking at a campaign event by telling attendees he was a "candidate for the United States Senate" and on Monday referring to the Super Tuesday primaries as "Super Thursday."

After last week's stock market slide due to coronavirus fears, Mr Trump touted what he called the largest one-day US market recovery in history.

Mr Trump was back in the Carolinas for the second time in four days; he held a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina on Friday evening.

He's also there the night before Super Tuesday primaries in over two dozen states. The president acknowledged last month he is going to primary states the night before Democratic primaries to try disrupting those nominating races. "We do a little trolling," he said in Charlotte.

Mr Trump also is trying to get a head start on securing North Carolina's 15 Electoral College votes for what appears likely to be a close general election.

He was greeted at the Bojangles' Coliseum with a thunderous chant of "U-S-A!"

 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/impeach-them-trump-accuses-buttigieg-011221558.html

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As this thread was started.....Biden is carrying some serious baggage heading into the election.

I feel rather certain that if Biden is elected.....the right will return the favor of impeacment or something there of.....

 

Zelenski is on a run in Ukraine....he has worked a deal with Putin.....calmed some inner political turmoil....and is eliminating internal corruption.....proving to be not your typical politician.... one more area too.......

 

 

Ukraine investigators open case into Joe Biden's role in firing of top prosecutor

 | February 29, 2020 09:04 AM
 

Ukrainian investigators have begun an inquiry into then-Vice President Joe Biden over allegations that he pressured officials into firing a top prosecutor in 2016.

 

A case revolving around Biden, now a Democratic candidate for president, was opened by the State Bureau of Investigations on a court order following a January appeal for action by Viktor Shokin, the dismissed prosecutor general's lawyer, Oleksandr Teleshetsky, told the Washington Post.

 

“They need to investigate this.

 

They have no other alternative.

 

They are required to do this by the decision of the court. If they don't, then they violate a whole string of procedural norms,” Teleshetsky said.

The State Bureau of Investigations confirmed an inquiry was opened. The case mentions only a U.S. citizen and does not refer to Biden by name.

 

Daria Kaleniuk, director of Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center, downplayed the significance of the matter, saying that Ukrainian law requires state investigators to open a case on a court order even if they don't believe there is enough evidence. “If I was a SBI investigator, I would close that case immediately,” she said.

 

Shokin, who was dismissed in March 2016 after about a year in office by then-President Petro Poroshenko, claims he was ousted because he wanted to investigate the lucrative role Hunter Biden, the son of Joe Biden, had on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings. President Trump, his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and other allies also claim Biden improperly used his position as vice president to pressure Ukraine to fire Shokin to protect his son from an investigation into Burisma.

 

The elder Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees if Ukraine did not fire its top prosecutor, who was criticized by the West for not doing enough to crack down on corruption. The European Union, the International Monetary Fund, and other allies had the same objective, and Biden was repeating U.S. policy that had been set out by Washington’s ambassador to Kyiv in the preceding months and was briefed by White House staff just ahead of the trip.

 

Biden says there is no "credibility" to the claims of corruption, but his critics have seized on video of a statement the former vice president made in January 2018, where he boasted to members of a panel hosted by the Council of Foreign Relations that he ordered the Ukrainian government to fire Shokin or the White House would renege on a commitment to provide aid. “I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a *****. He got fired," Biden said.

 

The matter got wrapped up into the impeachment saga after Trump pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the Bidens and other Democrats in a July 25 phone call in which he also appeared to praise Shokin and call his removal "unfair," according to a transcript released by the White House.

 

Democrats cried foul over what they interpreted to be a "quid pro quo."

 

At issue was whether the president improperly pressured Ukraine to announce investigations by withholding military aid and dangling the possibility of a White House meeting between the Trump and Zelensky. Trump was impeached by the Democratic-controlled House on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, but he was acquitted by the GOP-led Senate earlier this month.

 

Zelensky himself has repeatedly stated that he felt no pressure from Trump to open an investigation into the Bidens.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

 

Zelensky himself has repeatedly stated that he felt no pressure from Trump to open an investigation into the Bidens.

 

 

This one line is very telling and has been repeated time and time again in every article concerning the withholding of aid to Ukraine....an amount of money that is a real game changer with regard to Ukraine's security.....So why would any reasonable person expect the new president of Ukraine to say anything different when the threat of losing that aid hinged on his agreement of interfering in our domestic politics....If Trump was willing to go that far for personal gain, then the president of Ukraine is damn sure going to say anything he can to secure those funds.  Common sense in my book.

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

This one line is very telling and has been repeated time and time again in every article concerning the withholding of aid to Ukraine....an amount of money that is a real game changer with regard to Ukraine's security.....So why would any reasonable person expect the new president of Ukraine to say anything different when the threat of losing that aid hinged on his agreement of interfering in our domestic politics....If Trump was willing to go that far for personal gain, then the president of Ukraine is damn sure going to say anything he can to secure those funds.  Common sense in my book.

 

GO RV, then BV

 

 

Agreed....Basic common sense

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither "The Burn" or "Sleepy Joe" get a majority of the delegates, so they have a brokered convention. The super delegates vote for the moderate Biden who gets the nomination. Then the goods on Ukraine , Joe's son, and the sweet deals he fostered for his siblings comes out. We'll see how all that plays out. Just one possibility. JMHO. Oh and Milwaukee gets torched by the Bernie Bros because "The Bern" got burned again!!!

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

This one line is very telling and has been repeated time and time again in every article concerning the withholding of aid to Ukraine....an amount of money that is a real game changer with regard to Ukraine's security.....So why would any reasonable person expect the new president of Ukraine to say anything different when the threat of losing that aid hinged on his agreement of interfering in our domestic politics....If Trump was willing to go that far for personal gain, then the president of Ukraine is damn sure going to say anything he can to secure those funds.  Common sense in my book.

 

GO RV, then BV

 

Sure.....but because of the results of the impeachment process.....that ship has sailed....

Biden on the other hand......trouble still awaits...

JMO.    CL

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Neither "The Burn" or "Sleepy Joe" get a majority of the delegates, so they have a brokered convention. The super delegates vote for the moderate Biden who gets the nomination. Then the goods on Ukraine , Joe's son, and the sweet deals he fostered for his siblings comes out. We'll see how all that plays out. Just one possibility. JMHO. Oh and Milwaukee gets torched by the Bernie Bros because "The Bern" got burned again!!!

Yep!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

 

Sure.....but because of the results of the impeachment process.....that ship has sailed....

Biden on the other hand......trouble still awaits...

JMO.    CL

 

Except that ship has only sailed for the Trump base, compliments of Mitch McConnell....those on the Left and Independents know the real deal.....Think of it as the federal judge who's ordered Hils to give a deposition on her emails years after the fact....Trump is by know means off the hook, as his corruption will follow him around for eons.  

 

GO RV, then BV

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

Except that ship has only sailed for the Trump base, compliments of Mitch McConnell....those on the Left and Independents know the real deal.....Think of it as the federal judge who's ordered Hils to give a deposition on her emails years after the fact....Trump is by know means off the hook, as his corruption will follow him around for eons.  

 

GO RV, then BV

 

I believe you are correct... When he is out of office, many things will come back to haunt him... JMHO

 

B/A

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe though that Democrats, either moderates or far left liberals, are going to have a bitter pill to swallow come November.....Hopefully those on the bitter pill side understand the ultimate goal and don't simply stay home feeling disenfranchised, which would mean a landslide victory for Donald and corporate America. 

 

GO RV, then BV 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

This one line is very telling and has been repeated time and time again in every article concerning the withholding of aid to Ukraine....an amount of money that is a real game changer with regard to Ukraine's security.....So why would any reasonable person expect the new president of Ukraine to say anything different when the threat of losing that aid hinged on his agreement of interfering in our domestic politics....If Trump was willing to go that far for personal gain, then the president of Ukraine is damn sure going to say anything he can to secure those funds.  Common sense in my book.

 

GO RV, then BV

 

Or Zelensky is telling the truth. 

Nowhere in any recordings or transcripts did Trump say" Lie about QPQ or you won't get the money". 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

 

Or Zelensky is telling the truth. 

Nowhere in any recordings or transcripts did Trump say" Lie about QPQ or you won't get the money". 

 

 

I stand by my "common sense" statement.....This will go on forever, just like Hils email issue....exactly the same, except Trump arrogantly admits his malfeasance even when claiming his call was perfect.  He has an iron grip on the Senate, for now, though that will not always be the case.  

 

Trump essentially admitted on live TV to doing the thing he's accused of in the impeachment inquiry

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admits-to-ukraine-military-aid-quid-pro-quo-tv-2019-11

 

Mulvaney admits quid pro quo, says military aid withheld to get Ukraine to probe Democrats

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mulvaney-admits-quid-pro-quo-military-aid-withheld/story?id=66353143

 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well lets see which is worse... the killing of innocent American lives that could have been saved due to a bill being held up by the Speaker of the House.... Nancy Pehosi or the left's fantasy of Trump's "quid pro quo"? You decide.

 

If you ain't seen or heard this, you need a serious media check because this is not just on FOX News anymore, Nancy Pelosi withheld #coronavirus bill so DCCC could run ads AGAINST GOP candidates

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

 

I stand by my "common sense" statement.....This will go on forever, just like Hils email issue....exactly the same, except Trump arrogantly admits his malfeasance even when claiming his call was perfect.  He has an iron grip on the Senate, for now, though that will not always be the case.  

 

Trump essentially admitted on live TV to doing the thing he's accused of in the impeachment inquiry

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admits-to-ukraine-military-aid-quid-pro-quo-tv-2019-11

 

Mulvaney admits quid pro quo, says military aid withheld to get Ukraine to probe Democrats

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mulvaney-admits-quid-pro-quo-military-aid-withheld/story?id=66353143

 

GO RV, then BV

And yet this is in the statement

 

 

“Once again, the media has decided to misconstrue my comments to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump. Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election," Mulvaney noted. "The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption."

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

And yet this is in the statement

 

 

“Once again, the media has decided to misconstrue my comments to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump. Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election," Mulvaney noted. "The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support system" rel="">support from other nations and concerns over corruption."

 

Don't You just LOVE THIS, NSToolMan1???!!!

 

I know I DO!!!

 

 

YYYEEEAAAHHH BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.