Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jared Kushner owns Baltimore apartments ‘infested’ with rodents, mould and maggots

Baltimore Received $1.8 Billion from Obama’s Stimulus Law

City burned despite ‘massive investment’ implemented by president

Baltimore.jpg AP

Elizabeth Harrington - MAY 4, 2015 5:00 AM

The city of Baltimore received over $1.8 billion from President Barack Obama’s stimulus law, including $467.1 million to invest in education and $26.5 million for crime prevention.

President Obama claimed last Tuesday that if the Republican-controlled Congress would implement his policies to make "massive investments in urban communities," they could "make a difference right now" in the city, currently in upheaval following the death of Freddie Gray.

However, a Washington Free Beacon analysis found that the Obama administration and Democratically-controlled Congress did make a "massive" investment into Baltimore, appropriating $1,831,768,487 though the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), commonly known as the stimulus.

According to Recovery.gov, one of Baltimore’s central ZIP codes, 21201, received the most stimulus funding in the city, a total of $837,955,866. The amount included funding for 276 awards, and the website reports that the spending had created 290 jobs in the fourth quarter in 2013.

Of this amount, $467.1 million went to education; $206.1 million to the environment; $24 million to "family"; $16.1 million to infrastructure; $15.2 million to transportation; $11.9 million to housing; and $3.1 million to job training.

ZIP code 21202 received $425,170,937, including a $136 million grant to "improve teaching and learning for students most at risk of failing to meet State academic achievement standards."

Twenty-nine other ZIP codes listed in Baltimore city received a total of $568,641,684.

The Free Beacon calculated the total amount of stimulus funds disbursed to all ZIP codes in Baltimore City, as reported on the stimulus website Recovery.gov. The analysis includes the totals of awards to prime recipients in Baltimore, plus sub-recipient awards to Baltimore organizations and companies that conducted stimulus projects located outside the city.

The projects included $26.5 million from the Justice Department (DOJ) to combat gang activity and provide community support for at-risk juveniles.

"The State of MD Governor's Office of Crime Control & Prevention (GOCCP) goals and objectives of this project are to create and retain jobs to bolster Maryland's faltering economy, and make resources available to law enforcement and other public safety agencies to help protect Maryland citizens," the project’s descriptionstates.

Among the listed goals are "to curb the growth of criminal gangs in Maryland, and to effectively dismantle existing gangs."

Funding also went to "Operation Safe Kids," which sought to "develop and implement an effective community-based supervision model for at-risk juveniles to minimize residential placements without compromising public safety."

The project also included criminal justice reform, to "identify non-violent substance abusing offenders who may be amenable to treatment, and place them under community-based supervision with intensive drug treatment combined with strong judicial oversight and support."

The stimulus also gave the city $26 million for the "Healthy Neighborhoods, Inc. Neighborhood Stabilization Program," to "redevelop residential foreclosed, abandoned, or vacant properties in designated neighborhoods in Baltimore, Maryland."

Roughly $9.5 million went towards homelessness prevention.

A total of $5,644,792 of Community Services Block Grants went to Baltimore meant to "promote the economic and social well-being of children, youth, families and communities."

"The funding is used for activities that contribute to the reduction of poverty, revitalization of low-income communities, and empowerment of low-income families and individuals," a description of the project said. "These activities include, but are not limited to; emergency services, shelter programs and services, job training and job readiness training, Head Start and Early Head Start programs, nutrition programs, as well as medical assistance programs and services."

"Working through a network of non-profit community action agencies and other neighborhood-based organizations in rural and urban areas, this wide range of programs and services is implemented to help clients become fully self-sufficient," it said.

Another $548,100 project, which reported creating 15.41 jobs during its most productive quarter, was devoted to the "preservation of jobs that are threatened by declines in philanthropic and other support during the current economic downturn."

Baltimore’s unemployment rate currently is 8.4 percent.

Following the violent riots on Monday evening that resulted in over 235 arrests, 15 torched buildings, 144 destroyed vehicles, and 20 injured police officers, President Obama spoke on the issue.

Obama called for more early education programs, criminal justice reform, and "making investments so that [youth] can get the training they need to find jobs."

"There’s a bunch of my agenda that would make a difference right now in that," he said.

The president then proceeded to blame the Republican-controlled Congress for not implementing his agenda.

"I’m under no illusion that under this Congress we’re going to get massive investments in urban communities," Obama said.

The left-wing comedian Jon Stewart and the ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos made a similar argument on the Daily Show on Tuesday.

"You just wonder sometimes if we’re spending a trillion dollars to rebuild Afghanistan’s schools, like, we can’t build a little taste down Baltimore way," Stewart said. "Like is that what’s really going on."

"This is what drives me crazy, you just got applause when you said that line," Stephanopoulos said. "Any single politician in the country gets applause when they say that line. Yet it doesn’t happen."

Peter Wehner of Commentary Magazine pointed out that the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) only invested $885 million in education projects in Afghanistan over a ten-year period, less than the amount that Baltimore received from the stimulus law.

• Thanks 4

Thanks for all the vids and articles Yota.  

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all entitlements, give away programs, foreign aid, military spending were stopped for Say 2 years.  Would America be able to survive.  We might find out in a few years because what we are doing now is unsustainable.  Better have a plan just in case.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Thanks for all the vids and articles Yota.  

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if all entitlements, give away programs, foreign aid, military spending were stopped for Say 2 years.  Would America be able to survive.  We might find out in a few years because what we are doing now is unsustainable.  Better have a plan just in case.  

Pitcher, Just imagine a Place where you didn't pay you hard earned money out to help people the Flippin Hate You.....Like you don't have to mow you neighbors yard or pay to have it done.....You know He hates You.

Why the hell are you sending all you excess cash to some other jerk down the street when you own kids don't have shoes, a mattress  to sleep on let alone anything to eat.

Yet somehow these fools in power seem to know Better and want to Welcome the World into the United States and give them everything that they NEVER Deserved....Not the way to was back in the 1960, 1970's pr the 1980's.

I fears in a few years America and the American Way of Life will be lost and it will truly become a 3rd world country.

Karsten

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So those 'Deplorables' he deemed unworthy to do business with were directed to the tent cities on skid row. 

My granddad was from the "Greatest Generation" and a staunch Republican, like most rural Ohioans.  He would have weeped had he been around for the rise of Barack Obama.....But he would have absolutely sobbed in despair at the Trump rebound...for gramps was a Godly man of strong moral fiber, who believed a man's word was his bond and a handshake was as good as putting pen to paper.  That entire generation was better than us....they made the country and the world better as they fought back against tyranny.  People of this day and age are determined to repeat the failures his generation fought so hard against, as the current pOTUS continues to divide us.  Thank you for questioning my family though, much appreciated, brother.

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

That entire generation was better than us

I fail to see how the comment you quoted questioned your family. However, allow me to tell you what I think about the part of your comment that I quoted. That generation turned its back on God and never taught their children the truth. That generation took mother's out of the home and put them in the workforce leaving the children to be raised by uncaring daycare workers. That generation gave us what they called the sexual Revolution which led to Roe v Wade and the murder of 60 million babies in the name of convenience. That generation gave us the United Nations, the Federal Reserve, and modern-day banking along with credit cards and Fiat money. You can call them what you want but God will judge them the most severely because they lead their children Straight to Hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I fail to see how the comment you quoted questioned your family. However, allow me to tell you what I think about the part of your comment that I quoted. That generation turned its back on God and never taught their children the truth. That generation took mother's out of the home and put them in the workforce leaving the children to be raised by uncaring daycare workers. That generation gave us what they called the sexual Revolution which led to Roe v Wade and the murder of 60 million babies in the name of convenience. That generation gave us the United Nations, the Federal Reserve, and modern-day banking along with credit cards and Fiat money. You can call them what you want but God will judge them the most severely because they lead their children Straight to Hell.

:facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Truth and you know it 

Millions of heroes went off to fight the war and women had to step up and run this country in support of the war effort.  If you believe women are meant to be barefoot and pregnant and subservient to their men, that's you choice and obviously Trump's as well.

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Millions of heroes went off to fight the war and women had to step up and run this country in support system" rel="">support of the war effort.  If you believe women are meant to be barefoot and pregnant and subservient to their men, that's you choice and obviously Trump's as well.

GO RV, then BV

That's one perspective. 

Soldiers went off to do their job. And women stepped up to help out. What went wrong was when the soldiers came home the women did not go back to take care of the children. And to suggest that women are subservient to men in this scenario is to show your complete misogynistic thinking  And the fact that you know nothing of what it takes to be a full-time mother. A job I would never want to do.

Furthermore, jumping  on the subservient train only shows that you have no argument whatsoever with the other things I stated that generation allowed to happen. Your argument is pure distraction.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

That's one perspective. 

Soldiers went off to do their job. And women stepped up to help out. What went wrong was when the soldiers came home the women did not go back to take care of the children. And to suggest that women are subservient to men in this scenario is to show your complete misogynistic thinking  And the fact that you know nothing of what it takes to be a full-time mother. A job I would never want to do.

Furthermore, jumping  on the subservient train only shows that you have no argument whatsoever with the other things I stated that generation allowed to happen. Your argument is pure distraction.

You make it sound like fathers have no responsibility to bear in raising their own children.   

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

Time For Plan B | Mark Dice

The Democrats and the LEFT-Stream Media are moving to Plan B since the Mueller Debacle is going nowhere...

Plan B: call Trump a 'Racist' every chance you get.

Indy

So Indy.....why is it okay for Trump to play the race card, but not the other way around?

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

So Indy.....why is it okay for Trump to play the race card, but not the other way around?

GO RV, then BV

Did you watch the entire video?

I, like many other Americans do not jump to interpreting Trump's comments as 'Racist' like the LEFT-Stream, LAME-Stream media and most critics of this President do at every tweet, comment, etc. They never stop to ask the question, is there any truth in his comments, but instead twist, conflate, obfuscate, and lie to the American people to insinuate that he is 'Racist' and that anything he says or does should be opposed.

This latest blow-up by the media is probably one of the best examples yet. They want Americans to now believe that when Trump uses the word 'Infested', he is really using 'Racist' language about POC.

The Democrat Clown Car Is Broken And Only Steers LEFT!

Indy

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Indraman said:

He never gets passed the headline before deciding what to say 

33 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

You make it sound like fathers have no responsibility to bear in raising their own children.   

GO RV, then BV

More Deflection. 

You are only proving that you have no clue what it takes to be a fulltime Mother and housewife. Daddies have their duty and Mommies have theirs. 

Of course there are ALWAYS differing mitigating circumstances to consider. I'm not speaking ' Across the board '.

26 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Trump has been called a racist and every other name by the likes of you and the media for over 2 years. He's just pushing back. That's why. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Indraman said:

I, like many other Americans do not jump to interpreting Trump's comments as 'Racist' like the LEFT-Stream, LAME-Stream media and most critics of this President do at every tweet, comment, etc. They never stop to ask the question, is there any truth in his comments, but instead twist, conflate, obfuscate, and lie to the American people to insinuate that he is 'Racist' and that anything he says or does should be opposed.

This latest blow-up by the media is probably one of the best examples yet. They want Americans to now believe that when Trump uses the word 'Infested', he is really using 'Racist' language about POC.

The Democrat Clown Car Is Broken And Only Steers LEFT!

Indy

As I responded in another thread.

It has been deemed by some on this forum (sorry, don't have a link) that by merely playing the race card, said player of the race card is the actual racist.....If this is truly the belief, then Donald's tweets fit their definition.  I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

More Deflection. 

You are only proving that you have no clue what it takes to be a fulltime Mother and housewife. Daddies have their duty and Mommies have theirs. 

Of course there are ALWAYS differing mitigating circumstances to consider. I'm not speaking ' Across the board '.

And there it is.....a mother's duty is in the home.  Wow....and to think rights to education is still afforded to women.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1