Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

INFORMATION FROM IRAQI IN BAGHDAD

macattack

I worked in Iraq for KBR in 2003 & 04, I had an interpreter that help me work with the Locals and his name is Raafat. A smart very bright young man. Long story short he found me on face book a week ago and I was happy to see he is doing well and I wanted to ask him some question about the RV. So here is some of our emails back and forth.

My email in black his in blue.

Do you know if the dinar is going to go up in value?

Who did you vote for?

dear mic no one is safe but i manege to stay a life so far all i need is one more year to go to the state.

its 1180 dinar for 1 dollar and its wont go up any more cause we need safe and good economy for at lest 100 year to become 1 to 1

and i vote for nori al mleki the pri minister

I hear in the states that the dinar is going to go up in value. that there is even a 1 dinar note out now out the banks in Iraq and that they are putting in atm's for you to use with a bank card is this not true.

hey brother

how r u and your family?

there will bee an 1 dinar not but all they going to do is droping zeros like if you have 1000 dinar they will give u 1 dinar instate of it if u have 1000,000 they will change it for you for 1000 dinar

i hate tell you this but the iraqi dinar wont go up before we pay all the wars depts for the Iranian Kwait,and to the united state army the cost of this war and we need at least another 100 years to build economy

I hope that this is not the case. I do not know how much info he is privy to but I do trust him. I am trying to get more info from him but he has limited access to a computer. Anyways take it for what it is worth.

Thanks Michael

Edited by macattack
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Yep, here we go again....

This is the usual "Iraqi" response here. They are just expressing their opinion about the RV.

Most of them are not in the know. I wouldn't worry about it. At least, not yet.

By the way, I just got back onbase and checked for those small dinar denominations members have been talking about that the base finance office supposedly already have.

Unfortunately, as far as the military pursers here are concerned, they don't have any and have not seen any. At least not on this base.

Perhaps on other bases but they still doubt it. If they have indeed been distributed, they would have known about it.

In the meantime, all we could do is wait and hope for the best.

Take care and think positive.

• Upvote 4

This person is clueless. Their economy wont go anywhere until RV. Also, Iraqs debt are being forgiving and they didnt spend a dime on the war. The USA pretty much financed the whole war and still are backing everything. This post should be deleted. Sounds the equivalent of a American 3rd grader being asked about our countries current financial situation.100 yrs. Lol that is hilarious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the usual "Iraqi" response here. They are just expressing their opinion about the RV.

By the way, I just got back onbase and checked for those small dinar denominations members have been talking about that the base finance office supposedly already have.

Unfortunately, as far as the military pursers here are concerned, they don't have any and have not seen any. At least not on this base.

Perhaps on other bases but they still doubt it. If they have indeed been distributed, they would have known about it.

Thank you for your Intel, please keep safe and post any info you come across. God Bless!

Which base are you at Sandy? Alpha numeric indicator, the ones that have been spotted were at F-2.

Seems to me that with the conflicting news stories we see, in country the rumour mill or disinformation is probably being taken from mere artform to picasso-like proportions, if I were the people in the know I would spread information saying the Dinar is not going to be worth more for a very long time to keep their own folks from hoarding it...JMHO...thanks for the post anyways...

• Upvote 4

I think you are the one who does not know what he is talking about. Most translators can speak better than they can write, if he would have said something good you would have been saying great post. I thnk you need to take a lesson in critical thinking. I am in Iraq and work with translators this is probably legit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You did not offended anybody, thanks for the update. The Iraqi opinion is just as good as any so called expert on this site. :)

I am truly sorry if I have offended anybody, my intentions where just simiply show how the local nationals feel in Iraq. I do not claim to be anybody, and did not mean to cause a stir.

• Upvote 2

I don't think the averge Iraqi has a clue about what's going with currencies.

You are exactly right. The everyday Iraqi citizen would not know much about the monetary situation or an RV. Most are not educated enough to understand the big picture and the Iraqi officials are telling them they have no money when in fact they have plenty, they just don't want to share with the people as they want the people to stay weak and poor so they can control them..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

www.shadowsoftikrit.com/preview.html

Macattack... you did nothing wrong. My argument below is disputing your friends opinion and not directed at you ;)

The above link should show you numerous pictures of Saddams palaces. Byproducts of his arrogance and his theft of his own people. Baathist's were the only ones able to participate in many things.... Education, employment, affluence. The rest were left the scraps. It is a reminder of the insatiable ego from within.... the one that says....I want more.

I have no idea if this is going to RV or not. But.... my gut tells me these people want more. They desire more. They see the wealth of Kuwait, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain! These are their neighbors. They all have oil. In some cases... not as much! Do you really think that Iraq can rebuild their economy and redevelop their land for 1/10th of a penny (Dinar to the Dollar)? And then do it for the next 100 years? Do you think they are going to let it grow simply by investment from outside? Charge a tariff here, tax an Iraqi there, sell some more T-bills, hope oil prices rise next year??? Do you believe all this regulation and auditing and systemization is to keep the currency at the same place?

The affluent in Iraq now see fame and wealth. The lower class just see they have no electricity or employment. I am guessing his friend is the latter. The opportunists see buildings that touch the sky in pictures of Dubai and think... wonder if we could create that here in Baghdad? These people have egos and they are all wrestling this political greased pig for the right to be the PM. Is it to help the people? NO! Well maybe as a secondary benefit. It is because they have been handed the opportunity of a lifetime to go down in infamy. This is about creating their own legend. It is about writing history and they know it. The next PM will be handed the football and The IMF, the World Bank, the UN, and all the big countries, and the arab nation just plowed a hole for them to crawl in for a touchdown. The next PM will become the George Washington of the Middle East. They can see it coming like a freight train and it is why they still haven't settled it in the 5 months post election. It is why they aren't even listening to the people. This something...is the key to peace in the Middle East. Democracy you say? Maybe. I happen to think it is systemization of a working machine that has profit as the motive. The quest of money is driving peace. The desire for a better way of life. It is capitalism.

C'mon people. The citizens have suffered enough. I don't believe they understand whats happening with the CBI. Do you think they even pay attention to the IMF, the World Bank, or the CBI? Do you pay attention to what and why your own Federal Reserve does what it does? Barely if you do! Same as them. They hear things on the street but nothing can be confirmed. Read an article here... and in the paper across the street it will state the complete opposite. Don't listen to the nonsense. I don't care if it takes another 2 years but its gonna happen. All you need to listen to is your gut. What does your gut tell you?

If you believe you can do something you can.... If you believe you can't do something you can't.... either way your right! Sorry got a little fired up!

• Upvote 5

It is not an inarguable point that mastery of both languages is required. I know many people in Latin America who speak English on this level. (Hell, I know Americans who don't write much better than this guy.) While they have much room for improvement they, like this guy, are understandable and can function as an interpreter. To work as an interpreter/translator for a high ranking government official of course you would need to be much more proficient. And you don't know that he sucks at Arabic since Arabic is written in Arabic (DUH!) with Arabic characters. What he sucks at is writing Nouri al-Maliki's name in English. So much for critical thinking.

I don't agree with his point about the 000s and 100 years to rebuild. It only took Germany 20 years to rebuild after WW1 and they weren't sitting on a sea of oil. But it might very well be true that the perception among Iraqis is that things still aren't very good and it will take a long time to turn them around.

Bottom line, while I don't agree with everthing written in that post I see no need to summarily dismiss it as to some ulterior motive.

• Upvote 2

Probably one of the more intelligent posts I have seen on this forum.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........(deep breath).......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........(wiping tears from eyes)...........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............(stomach hurting now).........but still........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........ohhh man.......ill let the emoticon take over from here....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2